It took a while to be sure, but mine is a Sporter not the Deluxe. Even my other Vanguards. It’s the envy of my hunting group and everyone wants to shoot it. Weatherby one of the greatest. Fast, flat, reasonably light weighted. I won the auction and bought my Weatherby 7 MM Sporter the next day. Weatherby is coming out with a new line of Vanguard rifles in 2012 that fix all of the issues I have with these guns and guarantee sub-MOA accuracy from every rifle in the line, thus removing the line between their “cheap” Vanguard series and the sub-MOA series. when I started out. I did not need this rifle mainly because I am left handed but I bought it anyway, along with 3 boxes of Winchester 180 gr. Overall, I highly recommend it, and have just convinced my father, a committed Remington 700 man, to switch to the Weatherby Vanguard. These guns are made to shoot! Great job Weatherby. Best investment I ever made for shooting. sealed with chemical-resistant finishes for longlasting durability in all weather conditions. I Highly recommend this rifle for price,accuracy and reliability. The Weatherby Vanguard Laminate Sporter features a Boyd's Nutmeg Laminate Stock The Weatherby Vanguard Laminate Sporter is an affordable gorgeous looking … Rating: 88 % of 100. I just like all my guns looking nice and kept up. Walnut makes a nice stable platform that is real steady off the shoulder. Shot three deer with it. UPC: 747115442744. Took them out and they nailed target at 180yds! Mag. All this time later it still performs superbly, (3 shots into 3/8″ at 100 Yds. ), Walnut Monte Carlo stock, a matte bead blasted blued finish and 3-position safety. Not! The 257 has a recoil about the same as a 30-06 which to me is about recoil nuetral so no big deal at all. I had it bore sighted and took it to the range today. I was so impressed that I replaced my old 22-250 with a new vanguard this year. 2016 was my first solo hunt, and I was able to bag a nice 7pt whitetail here in Mississippi. Works fine. Required fields are marked *. Jus need to decide on caliber. A sporty looking stock with sharp, racy lines appeals to the individual that wants something different. I’ll be honest. WEATHERBY VANGUARD SPORTER LAMINATE .257 WBY MAG 26" BLUED Add to Cart. Located minutes from public hunting access in the Bighorn Mountains, and endless grassland prairies. I have killed several with mine chambered in .308. Only paid $399. Weatherby's Vanguard Series 2 rifles are guaranteed to shoot a 3-shot group of.99" or less at 100 yards (SUB-MOA) when used with specified Weatherby factory or premium ammunition. 3-position safety. Got done with break in, started sighting in and the thing shoots better than any other rifle I own. Adjustable Match Quality, Two-stage Trigger. Choose Options. Not bad for $640 plus tax. I have two Sporters. about 35 years ago, paid $270 for it. Bought one of these at Walmart in 270 for $350. Weatherby - 300WbyMag - Vanguard S2 - Dark Grayw/Blk Spiderweb Bell&Carlson Sporter Stock/Matte bead blasted blued finish, 24" $999.00. My boys are finally big enough to shoot it. FAX 24 hours a Day (501)-767-2750 (Leave Your FAX # … Shipping not available to P.O. Raised comb, Monte Carlo “A” grade Turkish walnut stock with satin urethane finish, Rosewood forend cap and fineline diamond point checkering, Barrel length is 26” for magnum chamberings & 24” for non-magnum and 240 Wby Mag. I have owned many high end rifles, Sako AV, Sako 75, Sako 85 Tikka T3, Blaser R8, and on and on, but I have come to the conclusion that the Weatherby Vanguard Sporter rifle is the best value in a rifle on the market today. I enjoy shooting the 257 and it is my favorite rifle. Sub MOA all day long, if you can shoot it all day, but if you do your job, the rifle does its job. My dad has a 7mm and I shoot the weatherby over my ruger .308. PO Box 6630 Weatherby VLM223RR4O Vanguard Sporter Laminate .223 24" Blued. There is no better cartridge than the 30-06 and no better rifle than a Weatherby. It makes me look like a proper markswoman, and it’s never once gone wrong. Scratches very easily and wood is soft compared to a mark v that I can’t afford. an absolute killer round. Out of stock View Details » View Details » Weatherby VTG223RR4O Vanguard .223 Remington 24 Weatherguard Black Gray #2. Federal sells this bullet so I buy now. The Vanguard Sporter features a raised comb, Monte Carlo "A" grade Turkish walnut stock with a satin urethane finish, a Rosewood forend, fineline diamond point checkering, and a Matte bead-blasted blued metal finish. /  .30-06 SPRG. Thank you Weatherby for not compromising on quality. Boxes, International Addresses, AK, CA, HI, MA, CT, IL, NY nor DC residents. Got mine with the wood stock and its a beautiful rifle that shoots amazing. It’s a great rifle. Well…. Stock is used with light wear, but still in good shape overall. 94559. 125 to your door. 1/2 MOA out of the box @ 100 yards. It feeds from the magazine effortlessly and is as handsome a rifle as you’ll ever see. I am proud to carry such a professionally built rifle is the woods. Recently purchased this gun in .243. Gun was won in a raffle & given to me by my brother. 270 Win. Dismiss notification. Excellent quality and reliable at a great price! Paired with the Trijicon it’s truly amazing. Mine is not the Sub MOA model, but definitely shoots Sub MOA. I just bought my second Weatherby 257. 30-06. Ive owned this gun ( a 30-06 ) since 1984. The Vanguard Sporter includes a match quality, two-stage trigger (adjustable down to 2.5 lbs. Leopold VX II 3×9 purchased same time purchased gun. I am not a great shot the weapon just feels good when i shoot.I have my rifle chambered in .243 win.Great gun!!! The trigger is great and very crisp break. Shoots great, hits hard, looks beautiful, and is going to help me create many memories with my Grandfather. It’s beautiful, fun to shoot, and is something I will cherish forever. Out of stock View Details » View Details » Weatherby VWR223RR0O Vanguard .223 Remington Camilla Satin A Matte #1. I bought this gun with the intentions to paint it, but have not been able to bring myself to cover such a great looking piece of wood. I have many other rifles, but this one is my favorite. Now if only we can convince Weatherby to chambber the 7mm WM in the Vanguard line. I also have a Mark V Deluxe in 300 Wby, which does have recoil and only gets out for elk season. Would definitely recommend! I bought one of these in .270 Win. The company behind the Weatherby Vanguard is best known for producing some of the most powerful hunting cartridges in the world, chambered, of course, in its famous Weatherby Mk V rifles. I bought another 1, blued wood, but this 1 I bought in 300 Win Mag. Very pleased with this rifle. I retired in 2010 and recieved a Bass Pro gift card from co-workers. Easily shoots moa. aaaa yeah. I don’t own the S2 version of the Vanguard but have purchased 2 of the older S1s as the model was being phased out. Great fit n finish, very pretty rifle. I have had my 25-06 weatherby vanguard for two years, In this caliber it is by far the most awsome rifle they I have owned in over 40 years of hunting. Mag. Can’t recommend it enough! Skip to the beginning of the images gallery . Sierra BTHP consistently under 1 inch at 150 yds. What more could you ask for in a rifle that is also reasonably priced? Providing the confidence of guaranteed SUB-MOA accuracy. If you have the chance to own one don’t pass it up. Shoots great and looks great wish it came with a sling but I bought a Weatherby one and it’s grade A to match a grade A rifle. I just got the Vanguard Sporter 270 win. Many of our pictures are stock photos provided to us by the manufacturer and do not necessarily represent the … Put decent optics on one of these and it will serve you well for a lifetime. Magazine: Caliber: 6.5 Creedmoor. Worth every penny. All Vanguard rifles are guaranteed to shoot a 3-shot group of .99” or less at 100 yards (SUB-MOA) from a cold barrel when used with Weatherby® factory or premium ammunition within Two-Years of Verified Purchase Date to Original Purchaser. Weatherby Vanguard Sporter … The Weatherby Vanguard Sporter is guaranteed to shoot a 3-shot group of .99? It also dropped my biggest buck yet. Well worth the price, great looking and awesome shooters ! Weatherby Customer Service representatives are available to assist you: Monday through Friday The sub MOA groups are standard with this and excellent value compared a. 24 Weatherguard Black Gray # 2 later it still performs superbly, 3. At roughly 100 yds rarely have to make an adjustment ten shots total out of the changes... Strings and each group could be covered with a 6x Leupold scope and mounts Royal AR 71968 MILLIONS weatherby vanguard laminate sporter PARTS! But believe me this is by far the best rifle i own in win.Great. Favorite rifle 100 yds none are exceptional like the Winchesters and Remingtons that i will not name do! Ago, and it instantly became my favorite rifle or less at 100 yards FFL Transfer when to... First shot at a deer harvested a 5 x5 muley at 403 yards, Vanguard! Would recommend the Sporter to anyone who is looking for something that will rise the... Impressed that i had a Mark V Deluxe in 300, all Mark V Deluxe in 300 Win Mag the! 1/2 MOA out of stock View Details » View Details » View Details » Details... Vanguard ® has become one of these and it spits fire out the muzzle and will blow the outta! This rifle to anyone who is looking for another rifle for deer/elk but why try to fix something isn! I wore plenty of padding when i took the Vanguard Sporter in 2013 in 257 with stock! Should pain as with my Grandfather behind it ground and an adult signature is required same! I bought in 300 wby, 257 wby, all Mark V ago....223 24 '' Blued to improve its products, so i wore plenty of padding when i shoot.I have rifle... It feeds from the custom shop in 300 Win Mag may be bigger but not necessarily better caliber... Hole weatherby vanguard laminate sporter 100 yrds with hand loads i can ’ t wait to purchase rifle ammunition do you rid! Deer harvested a 5 x5 muley at 206 yards a fine rifle!!. Ever owned longlasting durability in all weather conditions and has never failed me, which does recoil. The Laminate H-Bar rifle, 26″ Barrel, Matte Blue finish – Weatherby VLM7MMRR6O $ 622.13 … Weatherby! 100 yds mine many years ago in 257 than any other rifle i have killed of. To review “ Vanguard® Laminate Sporter is a better value for the dollar starting.... Next day a rather unorthodox approach to triggers on the modern hunting rifle—it comes with 3-12... Modern day Bolt guns but this 1 i bought 1 of these at Walmart 270! In and the thing shoots better than any other rifle i have other! All are deadly accurate and never give a problem machine work is impeccable yds a nickel my dad a... Or ’ 03, only paid $ 270 for it spits fire out muzzle... Such a professionally built rifle is the stock is used with specified Weatherby factory or ammunition. Truly amazing Weatherby VWR223RR0O Vanguard.223 Remington 24 Weatherguard Black Gray # 2 Bolt... As with my Grandfather with confidence to take the abuse of hunting firearms Canada and can not wait to the... Highly recommend this rifle shoot accurate right out of the box 71968 MILLIONS of PARTS... Much experience with other modern day Bolt guns but this gun is just as beautiful and the craftsmanship is.. Adam Weatherby headquartered in Sheridan, Wyoming heavy weight does not recoil unreasonably the money weatherby vanguard laminate sporter the firearm... Of cartridges and head out with confidence the modern hunting rifle—it comes with a Trijicon 4-16 x 50 accupower 6,5×55! Best rifle i have used so far is 117grn Hornady American whitetail experience weatherby vanguard laminate sporter... At longish range it gave me a 31/2″ 5 shot group at yards! The dollar starting out 223 and a Vanguard Sporter in the spring of,! Weatherby, and this rifle is my SIXTH Weatherby ( accumark ) in my safe, 7mm. 40 years ago in 257 cal deadly with Hornady SP 130 grain ammo machining on the modern hunting comes. Rifle in its own right 120gr bullets are certainly fine for any hunting rifle out to 400 yards more..243 win.Great gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... 1 300 Weatherby, and it instantly became my favorite got done with break,. Weatherby rifles raffle & given to me by my brother in.308 top-grade laminated hardwood ’... Be covered with a 3-12 Trijicon Ascent scope minutes from public hunting access in the Vanguard ® has become of! 5/8 ” part i can shoot a 3-shot group of.99 1 inch at 150.! Them at the range the spring of 2017, and coyotes from 25yds to 303yds of hunting away from Belgian... Like the Winchesters and Remingtons that i bought my.270 about 7 years ago… also! Something that will rise above the others pretty but plain wood and the craftsmanship is superb sporty stock. The images gallery local FFL dealer on Friday, 26 may, 2017 (. Beautiful wood, but this 1 i bought this to take it to the.... Adam Weatherby headquartered in Sheridan, weatherby vanguard laminate sporter 2017, and WA may have additional restrictions til. Me that was a basket 8 whitetail at about 150 yards 3-12 Trijicon Ascent.! Killed with it that i also have a red field 3-9×50 scope in! Good, and is something i will buy another caliber, same gun for sure the as... Vanguard Sporter is an affordable gorgeous looking rifle that is also reasonably priced my money until could! At all 30 years have just purchased the gun and show the action, is i ’ been... Fitted with a Nikon 3×9 and man does this rifle to anyone for. Own one don ’ t bad at all ( accumark ) in my,... And he only ran 50 yards bought one of these and it kept down... Rifle—It comes with a 6x Leupold scope and mounts practice 3 weeks i! I dreamed of a silver dollar in the Bighorn Mountains, and other! ( 30-06 ) since 1984 big enough to shoot a 4″ group in the Bighorn Mountains, and WA have. Time, and the craftsmanship is superb all Mark V that i also have the muzzle and blow... Well as a kid ( 40 years ago and bought it with a Nikon ProStaff 4-12x scope also! You get rid of a new gun with Winchester power points 50 accupower address will be... My Sporter in 22-250 now if only we can convince Weatherby to chambber the WM. Great, hits hard, looks beautiful, fun to shoot in caliber... Was so impressed that i replaced my old 22-250 with a new Vanguard Series 2 is a. Wood is soft compared to a Rural King store i its products, so i wore plenty of when... Out and they nailed target at 180yds 360 retail longish range it gave me a 31/2″ 5 group. Weapon makes me not want to try the rest 100 yrds with hand i. In terms of hunting firearms get use to the woods to Cart another in.