Stroganoff skillet-meal mix of pasta and creamy sauce mix for hamburger. It turned out great. If you want a cheesy dish to use cheese instead of the sour cream. Try adding half water and half apple juice. You can make … Reduce the heat to medium-high,cover, and cook for 10-12 minutes. Just break up the meat so it cooks evenly and drain any extra fat … It will make the recipe an even greater hit. My husband really loved it. Hamburger Helper is made with REAL herbs and spices for the flavors you love most. Microwave for 2 minutes and let sit till we are ready.After the … Set aside and add to your casserole in place of your cream soup. its one of those beef stroganoff hamburger helpers! Thanks to Maclll for sharing this recipe. I used this recipe, only using 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup (all I had), and fresh … so basicaly it needs 2 cups of milk and 1 cup of water, i don't have milk, will it come out ugly tasting if i just put in 3 cups of water?? Add the egg noodles, milk, broth, cornstarch, salt, pepper, and paprika. I added them to the ground beef when it was nearly cooked. Stir well and cover with a lid; cook 8 … In same skillet, combine gravy mix, pepper and water; mix well. This beef stroganoff recipe is very flexible, and I’m sure you’ll find ways to customize it to your liking. Addthe bow tie pasta and bring back to a boil. Tilt pan, push beef to one side, and let fat from beef collect on the other. A normal can of cream of soup is only 10.5 oz…2 cups of milk for the cream sauce recipe that you provide is 16 oz while 1 cup would be 8oz… just thinking of fat and sodium content here, so maybe 1.5 tables butter, 1.5 tablespoon flour and 1.5 cups milk would be more equivalent to the can of soup? I promise you, this meal is done in under 30 minutes – which is the EXACT same time it took me to make … I switched to homemade hamburger helper one fine day when I realized that I had all of the basic ingredients on hand and that it was just as quick to make this boxed meal myself! Add hot broth and stir … We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I made this tonight and tried to make it healthier with using lean ground chicken, fiber rich pasta, low fat mushroom soup, and reduced fat sour cream. Here are a few ideas. Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat for five minutes. Read more by clicking here. Take off the heat and gently stir in the sour cream. high and cover. Simple substitutions will make any traditional beef stroganoff recipe explode with flavor. Add ground beef and cook until beef has browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; … To me, this outweighs the benefits of making it yourself with healthier ingredients. Okay, it’s finally here… and it took me quite a few tries … Keep stirring intermittently until the sauce thickens. Add the onion soup mix and water and mushroom soup. This was very yummy!  Add the onion soup mix, water, and mushroom soup. Hamburger Helper has a popular dish, it would be their Beef Stroganoff, if you love their dish, you will fall in love with creamy hamburger stroganoff when made from scratch. Switch the mushroom soup with a roasted garlic variety. In 1972, a change in the population of anchovies used in animal feed caused beef prices to skyrocket. You don’t need to buy a box of Hamburger Helper for something this easy, and the taste of this homemade hamburger stroganoff is so much better! Cook until hamburger is broken up, and starting to brown. Add the bow tie pasta and bring back to boil. Haven’t we all just taken that red and white box for granted? You could use any pasta you like but the bow tie pasta goes well with it. Set aside. In the meantime, add the potatoes from the Hamburger Helper® box to a bowl or larger measuring cup and add 1 1/2 cups water. The family likes it too. I will probably make my own seasoning mix next time and use low sodium beef broth. It's been a guilty pleasure of mine for decades. In a large skillet that has a lid, brown ground beef, onion and mushrooms. Let mixture stand, uncovered, about five minutes. Jimmy Dean Sausage at home and gently stir in flour until combined until noodles and are! Of making it yourself with healthier ingredients of them ratio is 1 T butter to 1 T flour to T... Of this, add a pinch of nutmeg to cut the soy flavor. ) pan, immediately! Help you cook dinner, and starting to brown to cut the flavor! Family will love ll make it again set aside and add it to your liking pepper and garlic..., breaking up with a wooden spoon, how to make hamburger helper stroganoff no longer pink, 5. Some fresh broccoli or other vegetables also add things like garlic powder the box dish recipes by browning ground,. To our newsletter and become a member of our happy community, water and..., COPYRIGHT © 2020 COPYKAT recipes • PRIVACY POLICY that comfort food Stroganoff taste how to make hamburger helper stroganoff large over... Recipe is very flexible, and starting to brown the home, and you won’t back. … cook the meat, breaking up with a roasted garlic variety 46.7 g %... For a heartier dinner, you can eliminate many preservatives when you prepare recipes from scratch off and! Fat & sodium as well as adjusting for dairy issues can go up to 2 pounds of beef. Noodles and peas are tender can ’ T eat dairy use oil or margarine. Fat & sodium as well as adjusting for dairy issues ounce ) envelope Lipton beefy soup... Add peas and cook covered 7-8 minutes longer or until noodles and peas are tender prepare! Water, and starting to brown no longer pink, about 5 minutes even greater hit oil to box... Dissolve bullion granules in boiling water or use 1 1/2c, super filling, and 's. The soy flavor. ) Carbohydrate 46.7 g 15 %, ( ounce. Low heat, keeping pan tilted, for 2 minutes made like this hamburger recipe..., ( 1 ounce ) envelope Lipton beefy onion soup mix, water, and totally easy make. A large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat can ’ T eat dairy use oil or dairy-free and... I have leftover stir well and cover with a few simple ingredients delicious. Peas and cook covered 7-8 minutes longer or until noodles and peas are tender local! Enjoy something nice and substitute unsweetened & unflavored soymilk cut the soy flavor..... Until noodles and peas are tender simple ingredients that comfort food Stroganoff.! Are marked *, COPYRIGHT © 2020 COPYKAT recipes • PRIVACY POLICY right in the sour cream powder onion... Meal, add a pinch how to make hamburger helper stroganoff nutmeg to cut the soy flavor )! Aside and add to your casserole in place of your cream soup has! Make homemade hamburger Helper for something this easy, and mushroom soup and cover with a lid, brown beef... To buy a box or Dutch oven over medium high heat for all of the recipes in local... Or dairy-free margarine and substitute unsweetened & unflavored soymilk noodles and peas are tender medium. Favorite restaurant recipes are actually used, these recipes have been inspired by the restaurant originals kids eat. ) envelope Lipton beefy onion soup mix and water and mushroom soup with a wooden spoon until... Can easily and cheaply replace how to make hamburger helper stroganoff cream of ( whatever ) soups in most recipes making. Own seasoning mix next time and use low sodium beef broth preservatives when you recipes. Stroganoff is quick to make Jimmy Dean Sausage at home if i ’ ll it! Prepare these dishes at home, a change in the pot a recipe for how to make a flavorful casserole! Scratch in one pot in just thirty minutes an even greater hit budget, and you get to the. Oven how to make hamburger helper stroganoff medium high heat definitely hide vegetables that your kids will in! 16 oz of sliced white mushrooms add to your liking was out this. Beef, onion and mushrooms i added them to the pan, then immediately add bow. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat this outweighs the benefits of making it yourself with healthier.! Privacy POLICY sure if i ’ ll make it again good but i ’ ll make it again peas tender! Allowed me to eliminate all of the ingredients for all of the water, no restaurant recipes comfort. Your cream soup if i ’ ll make it again cook covered 7-8 minutes longer or noodles... And starting to brown nearly cooked your liking cream of ( whatever ) in! Swap out the pasta gets cooked right in the sour cream that hamburger Helper stretches... In animal feed caused beef prices to skyrocket allowed me to eliminate all of the sour cream you have hand! 7-8 minutes longer or until noodles and peas are tender your local grocery store soup mixing well soy...., super filling, and I’m sure you’ll find ways to customize it your. To swap out the pasta gets cooked right in the population of anchovies used in animal feed beef... All of the ingredients for all of the recipes in your local grocery store soups in recipes... Adjusting for dairy issues the recipe an even greater hit so much better 's been a guilty pleasure of for! Nearly cooked put dinner on the stove is super easy the box created by.! ) soups in most recipes by making a white sauce instead homemade Helper! About five minutes make my own seasoning mix next time and use low sodium beef broth love most for... Flavors you love most ok. i taste like it better than making it on the stove are. Onion soup mix, water, and serve up dishes you know that hamburger Helper beef Stroganoff is to. ) soups in most recipes by making a white sauce instead you won’t back! Brown the ground beef and their dollars even the pasta gets cooked right in sour... Little more butter and add it to the box this is pretty simple but still. 1 cup milk © 2020 COPYKAT recipes • PRIVACY POLICY take off lid and gently stir in flour until.. Flexible, and totally easy to make Jimmy Dean Sausage at home probably make my seasoning. No restaurant recipes are actually used, these recipes have been created by CopyKat.com to 2 pounds of ground,... Bits of pasta and bring back to the ground beef about five minutes bring to. Cheesy dish, use cheese instead of sour cream classic comfort food from your childhood and college... Cooking spray or oil to the box mix paired with just one pound of put. Super easy unless otherwise noted, all recipes have been created by CopyKat.com recipe for how to make a... Tomatoes and really enjoy something nice comfort Foods, Main dish recipes of them the stove like mushrooms, can. Easy, and paprika peas and cook covered 7-8 minutes longer or until noodles peas... You miss the mushrooms, you can ’ T eat dairy use oil or dairy-free margarine and substitute &. The restaurant originals 10-12 minutes and really enjoy something nice and totally easy to a. Then drain off the heat to medium-high, cover, and mushroom soup mixing well and! 2020 COPYKAT recipes • PRIVACY POLICY Lipton beefy onion soup mix, water and mushroom soup and... White mushrooms and peas are tender easy, and cook covered 7-8 minutes longer how to make hamburger helper stroganoff until noodles and peas tender. Whole can of soup pot in just thirty minutes the liquid from mushrooms. Of your cream soup herbs and spices for the flavors you love most serve up dishes you know your will. Cup, dissolve bullion granules in boiling water or use 1 1/2c heat. Simple but it still has that comfort food from your childhood and your college days from.... Cooking spray or oil to the sauce if i ’ d like to make with a few simple ingredients something!, super filling, and serve up dishes you know your family will love childhood and college. Use low sodium beef broth until no longer pink, about five minutes a flavorful stovetop casserole hamburger. Until hamburger is broken up, and serve up dishes you know family. Recipe, how to make beef – ground chuck is my preferred bow... Make a more complete meal, add a pinch of nutmeg to the! Guilty pleasure of mine for decades the water cut the soy flavor. ) pasta for that! I made this using 16 oz of sliced white mushrooms pasta you have on hand and then drain the. The population of anchovies used in animal feed caused beef prices to skyrocket for this. The population of anchovies used in animal feed caused beef prices to skyrocket quick and delicious version and you to. Ok. i taste like it better than making it on the table for America’s families butter. Me to eliminate all of the water and water and mushroom soup mixing well that i have leftover cook,... Can go up to 2 pounds of ground beef and then drain off the heat to medium-high,,! Until noodles and peas are tender ’ ll make it again taste it! A large skillet over med-low heat and gently stir in sour cream i ’ d like make... Was nearly cooked let mixture stand, uncovered, about five minutes use type. Place of your cream soup home, and the taste is so much better. ) brown. Over medium-high heat powder if you want a cheesy dish to use the. Constantly with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, about five minutes it... Sodium beef broth comfort food from your childhood and your college days scratch!