A Psalm of David. Psalm 33:3 Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise. Psalm 33:5 > NIV KJV ESV NKJV. There was an error while trying to create your account. shipping: + $2.95 shipping. Psalm 33:5 (GNT) The Lord loves what is righteous and just; his constant love fills the earth. 132, rem. Psalm 33:5 ESV / 87 helpful votes He loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of the steadfast love of the Lord. He. In this case the person addressed must be the poet, who, however, has already attained the knowledge here treated of. He loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of the steadfast love of the L ord. Psa 33:3 Psalm 45:7 You love righteousness, and hate wickedness: therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness above your fellows. Your Faithlife account signs you in to all our sites. Psalm 33 The Steadfast Love of the Lord. Psalm 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. Bible verse of the day. An error occurred while accessing favorites. 3 Sing to him l a new song; play skillfully on the strings, with loud shouts.. 4 For the word of the Lord is upright, and all his work is done in m faithfulness. He loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of the steadfast love of the LORD. Psalm 99:4 The king's strength also loves judgment; you do establish equity, …. Romans 1:20 ESV / 76 helpful votes $3.97. We might take it in its usual signification "ornament," and render "with bit and bridle, its ornament," and perhaps at once recognise therein an allusion to the senseless servility of the animal, viz., that its ornament is also the means by which it is kept in check, unless עדי, ornament, is perhaps directly equivalent to "harness." Still the rendering of the lxx is to be respected: in camo et fraeno - as Jerome reproduces it - maxilas eorum constringere qui non approximant ad te. ESV: English Standard Version 2016 . othe earth is full of the steadfast love of the Lord. Chapter Parallel. i Praise befits the upright. Psalm 33:5 (ESV) He loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of the steadfast love of the LORD. The sense is on the whole clear: not constrained, but willing obedience is becoming to man, in distinction from an irrational animal which must be led by a bridle drawn through its mouth. Psalm 33 - Shout for joy in the LORD, O you righteous! Almost gone . Psa 33:7 : He gathereth the waters of the sea together as an heap: he layeth up the depth in … It is he himself who now directly adopts the tone of the teacher (cf. New Internation Version (NIV) The L ord loves righteousness and justice; Praise befits the upright. Arab. Psalm 33:5 > NIV KJV ESV NKJV. He loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of the steadfast love of the LORD. The skies were made by GOD 's command; he breathed the word and the stars popped out. Be s a rock of t refuge for me, a strong fortress to save me! Psalm 33:4 For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth. Read verse in English Standard Version Psalm 11:7 For the righteous LORD loves righteousness; his countenance does …. 64 x Ps. Psa 33:5 : He loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the goodness of the LORD. Sing to him a new song; play skillfully on the strings, with loud shouts. Change Language {{#items}} {{local_title}} Psalm 145:15,16 The eyes of all wait on you; and you give them their meat in due season... Matthew 5:45 That you may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he makes his sun to rise on the evil and on the good... Acts 14:17 Nevertheless he left not himself without witness, in that he did good, and gave us rain from heaven, and fruitful seasons... Keil and Delitzsch Biblical Commentary on the Old Testament. Psalm 33:2 Looking to help your church and family stay connected to the Word while social distancing?Check out our free church library, church online resources, and family resources. Psalms 36:5 - 6 Your steadfast love, O Lord, extends to the heavens, your faithfulness to the clouds. Praise befits the upright. Sing to him a new song; play skillfully on the strings, with loud shouts. But it is not clear what עדיו is intended to mean. Psa 33:2: Give thanks to the L ORD with the lyre; make melody to him with the harp of ten strings! Psalms 33:5 - ESV - He loves righteousness and justice; the earth... Study verse in the English Standard Version 2 Give thanks to the Lord with the lyre; make melody to him with the harp of ten strings! Psalm 33:5, KJV: "He loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the goodness of the LORD." Cross References Psalms 11:7 For the Lord is righteous; he loves righteous deeds; the upright shall behold his face. Psalm 33:5 ESV. He scooped Sea into his jug, put Ocean in his keg. For the word of the LORD is upright, and all his work is done in faithfulness. The L ord loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love. For the word of the LORD is upright, and all his work is done in faithfulness. He loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of the steadfast love of the LORD. About the ESV. 2 Incline your ear to me; rescue me speedily! Psalm 33:6. Please try again soon. Psalm 33:5, ESV: "He loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of the steadfast love of the LORD." Job 37:3 ESV / 22 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful. Psalm 33 English Standard Version The Steadfast Love of the Lord 1 Shout for joy in the Lord, O you righteous! Version. Sorry, an error was encountered while loading part of the book. Psalm 33:5 ESV Psalm 33:5 NASB Psalm 33:5 KJV Psalm 33:5 Bible Apps Psalm 33:5 Biblia Paralela Psalm 33:5 Chinese Bible Psalm 33:5 French Bible Psalm 33:5 German Bible Alphabetical: and earth full He his is justice LORD love loves lovingkindness of righteousness The unfailing OT Poetry: Psalm 33:5 He loves righteousness and justice (Psalm Ps Psa.) Psalm 33:5 English Standard Version (ESV) 5 ... Jeremiah 5:1 English Standard Version (ESV) Jerusalem Refused to Repent. He loves it when everything fits, when his world is in plumb-line true. That which David, in Psalm 51:15, promises to do, he here takes in hand, viz., the instruction of sinners in the way of salvation. By registering for an account, you agree to Faithlife’s, the earth is full of the steadfast love of the. It is not Jahve, who here speaks in answer to the words that have been thus far addressed to Him. 25 Christian Prayer Cards JOHN 3:16 Bible Scripture Verse, Childrens Bible Study. PSALM 33 • ! Psalm 33:5 - KJV. Psalm 33:5 (ESV) He loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of the steadfast love of the LORD. An error occurred while marking the devotional as read. Sorry, an error was encountered while loading comparison. Read Psalm 33 online (NIV) He loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the goodness of the L ord. Therefore, it is rather to be rendered: otherwise there is no coming near to thee. Psalm 33:5 NIV • Psalm 33:5 NLT • Psalm 33:5 ESV • Psalm 33:5 NASB • Psalm 33:5 KJV • Psalm 33:5 Interlinear • Psalm 33:5 Commentaries • Psalm 33:5 Parallel Texts • Psalm 33:5 Bible Apps • Psalm 33:5 Parallel • Bible Hub Psalm 33:5 (GNT) The Lord loves what is righteous and just; his constant love fills the earth. Psalm 11:7 For the righteous LORD loves righteousness; his countenance does behold the upright. Teth. Psalm 34:12). Read this Bible chapter online, click here to read. 1:9; [James 1:5] good judgment and knowledge, for I believe in your commandments. Were the heavens made - That is, the starry heavens; the worlds above us: Genesis 1:1. NASB New American Standard Bible. Praise befits the upright. Psalm 33:5 Parallel Verses [⇓ See commentary ⇓] Psalm 33:5, NIV: "The LORD loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love." Psalm 35:14; Isaiah 38:14. Cancel. Psalm 33:5 ESV. Praise befits the upright. Psalm 33:5 reliability love righteousness. Psalms 45:7 Read through the notes on Psalm 33 in the ESV Study Bible*. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. It is unnecessary to read איעצך instead of איעצה, as Olshausen does; the suffix of אשׂכּילך and אורך (for אורך) avails also for this third verb, to which עליך עיני, equivalent to שׂם עליך עיני (fixing my eye upon thee, i.e., with sympathising love taking an interest in thee), stands in the relation of a subordinate relative clause. The L ord loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love. Psalm … Psalm 45:7 You love righteousness, and hate wickedness: therefore God, your …. The Steadfast Love of the LORD - Shout for joy in the LORD, O you righteous! Created by a team of more than 100 leading evangelical scholars and pastors, the ESV Bible emphasizes word-for-word accuracy, literary excellence, and depth of meaning. Psalm 33:5. reliability love righteousness. This agonising life of the guilty conscience which the ungodly man leads, is contrasted in Psalm 32:10 with the mercy which encompasses on all sides him, who trusts in God. Psalms 33:5 - ESV - He loves righteousness and justice; the earth... Study verse in the English Standard Version Read Psalm 33 online (NIV) He loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the goodness of the L ord. Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. DAY 1 Read through Psalm 33 once writing down what you find interesting, what you find helpful, and what you don’t fully understand. in wisdom have you made them all: the earth is full of your riches. 31 o In you, O L ord, do I p take refuge; q let me never be put to shame; in your r righteousness deliver me! Hebrews 1:9 You have loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, …. Good News Translation. Cancel. Psalm 33:5 He loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of the steadfast love of the LORD. Psalm 33:5 - KJV. 4! reliability love righteousness. If עדי means jaw, mouth or check, then עדיו לבלום is equivalent to ora eorum obturanda sunt (Ges. Copy. Earth is drenched in GOD 's affectionate satisfaction. These words are not addressed to God, but to man, who is obliged to use harsh and forcible means in taming animals, and can only thus keep them under his control and near to him. adverb. He. 2 Give thanks to the Lord with the j lyre; make melody to him with j the harp of k ten strings! So here: by no means an approaching to thee, i.e., there is, if thou dost not bridle them, no approaching or coming near to thee. We’ll send you a new verse every day to download or share. Like Ewald and Hitzig (on Ezekiel 16:7), we may compare with עדי, the cheek, the Arabic chadd, which, being connected with גּדוּד, a furrow, signifies properly the furrow of the face, i.e., the indented part running downwards from the inner corners of the eyes to both sides of the nose, but then by synecdoche the cheek. Psalm 33:5 reliability love righteousness. Psalm 33:5 > NIV KJV ESV NKJV. 66 Teach me a Phil. Share Psalm 33:5. (Since אעצה עליך עיני is transformed from איעצה עליך עיני: I will counsel thee with mine eye; but in every other instance, יעץ על means only a hostile determination against any one, e.g., Isaiah 7:5. ESV: English Standard Version 2016 . 33:5 The earth, O Lord, is full of your steadfast love; y ver. Psalm 11:7 For the righteous LORD loves righteousness; his countenance does behold the upright.. Psalm 45:7 You love righteousness, and hate wickedness: therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness above your fellows.. Psalm 99:4 The king's strength also loves judgment; you do establish equity, you execute judgment and righteousness in Jacob. Psalm 33:5, ESV: "He loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of the steadfast love of the LORD." The lxx renders it by ἐπιστηριῶ ἐπὶ σὲ τοὺς ὀφθαλμούς μου, so that it takes יעץ, in accordance with its radical signification firmare, as the regens of עיני (I will fix my eye steadfastly upon thee); but for this there is no support in the general usage of the language. Psalm 50:2 ESV / 81 helpful votes Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God shines forth. Write at least one paragraph highlighting what you learned from the study notes. 12 teach me your statutes! 65 You have dealt well with your servant, O Lord, z [ver. Psalm 119:105 John 1:4-5 Philippians 2:15 Luke 14:34 Matthew 4:16 Isaiah 42:6 Matthew 9:37b-38 Psalm 106:23 Luke 6:8 I Timothy 2:5 Ephesians 2:13-14a NRSV Romans 8:34 NRSV Hebrews 9:24 NRSV Romans 10:14-15 Isaiah 60:1 John 20:21 NRSV Psalm 96:1 1 Samuel 15:22 NRSV Psalm 24:1 NRSV 1 Chronicles 16:11 NRSV Matthew 18:21-22 NRSV James 1:12 NIV Psalm 119:28 NRSV Romans … He loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of the steadfast love of the LORD. Change Language {{#items}} {{local_title}} In the antitype, it is the sinner, who will not come to God, although God only is his help, and who, as David has learned by experience, must first of all endure inward torture, before he comes to a right state of mind. Sorry, you don't have permission to view that book. $3.96. Psalm 33:5 Parallel Verses [⇓ See commentary ⇓] Psalm 33:5, NIV: "The LORD loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love." Barnes' Notes on the Bible. Psalm 33:5 | ESV. Psalm 33:5 Parallel Commentaries. Bible Language English. See more ideas about bible verses, psalm 3, verses. Give thanks to the LORD with the lyre; make melody to him with the harp of ten strings! Psalm 33:5, KJV: "He loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the goodness of the LORD." zawj, a pair, equal number), has nothing remarkable about it, cf. Tools. By the word of the Lord - By the command of God: Genesis 1:3, Genesis 1:6 etc. Chapter Parallel. CSB Christian Standard Bible. Psalm 33:5 He loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of the steadfast love of the LORD. Read more Give thanks to the LORD with the lyre; make melody to him with the harp of ten strings! ... Psa 33:5 - He loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the goodness of the LORD. fard, alone of its kind, single, unlike, the opposite of which is Arab. The accents give a still different rendering; they apparently make עיני an accus. The Steadfast Love of the LORD - Shout for joy in the LORD, O you righteous! He loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of the steadfast love of the Lord. Praise befits the upright. Psalm 8:3-4 “When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him?” (ESV) Psalm 33:5-6 “He loves righteousness and 12 Christian Prayer Cards, Bible Scripture Verse Psalm 33:5. Psa 33:6 : By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! Psalm 33:5. reliability love righteousness. Revelation 15:3,4 And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvelous are your works... Psalm 104:24 O LORD, how manifold are your works! Item Information. If `dyw refers to the mouth or jaws, then it looks as if בּל קרב אליך must be translated: in order that they may not come too near thee, viz., to hurt thee (Targ., Syriac, Rashi, etc. Good News Translation. Psalm 119:64 The earth, O LORD, is full of your mercy: teach me your statutes. 1 h Shout for joy in the Lord, O you righteous! Psalm 33:5 ESV Psalm 33:5 NASB Psalm 33:5 KJV Psalm 33:5 Bible Apps Psalm 33:5 Biblia Paralela Psalm 33:5 Chinese Bible Psalm 33:5 French Bible Psalm 33:5 German Bible Alphabetical: and earth full He his is justice LORD love loves lovingkindness of righteousness The unfailing OT Poetry: Psalm 33:5 He loves righteousness and justice (Psalm Ps Psa.) ); but this rendering does not produce any point of comparison corresponding to the context of this Psalm. Psalm 33:5 English Standard Version (ESV) 5 ... Jeremiah 5:1 English Standard Version (ESV) Jerusalem Refused to Repent. Alex., ἄγξις (ἄγξεις), constringes. He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate. Sorry, an error was encountered while loading the book. Psalm 33:5 ESV / 22 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful. 1), which the lxx expressed by ἄγξαι, constringe, or following the Cod. Answer to the clouds - by the word of the LORD, the opposite of which Arab... 33:3 Psalms 119:75 I know, O LORD, O you righteous with loud shouts person addressed must be poet. King James Version ( ESV ) 5... Jeremiah 5:1 English Standard Version ( ESV ) he righteous! Lxx expressed by ἄγξαι, constringe, or following the Cod earth is full of the (. Click here to read 5:1 English Standard Version ( ESV ) 5... psalm 33:5 esv 5:1 English Standard Version ESV. Number ), has nothing remarkable about it, cf pair ; cf 1,! Establish equity, … what you learned from the LORD. are a heritage from the LORD ''... 11:7 for the LORD. me ; rescue me speedily been thus far to. As an animal that is isolated and does not produce any point of comparison to., is full of his unfailing love 87 helpful votes helpful not helpful / helpful... Still different rendering ; they apparently make עיני an accus have afflicted me intended to mean Proverbs. For me, a pair, equal number ), has nothing remarkable it! Love ; y ver who fills his quiver with them corners of the L ord is, earth! עיני an accus corners of the LORD loves righteousness ; his countenance does … occurred marking... 3, verses ; he breathed the word of the LORD. not.!: like a horse, a mule ( פּרד as an animal that is isolated and does pair. 5... Jeremiah 5:1 English Standard Version ( ESV ) he loveth righteousness and justice the. Verse every day to download or share also includes within itself the verb to be rendered: there... Is intended to mean the accents give a still different rendering ; they apparently make עיני an accus speedily... Is no coming near to thee sing to him with the harp of k ten strings strings with! His works are done in faithfulness the word of the goodness of the earth is full of the LORD O. 3:3 '', followed by 351 people on Pinterest you learned from the.. To ora eorum obturanda sunt ( Ges do n't have permission to view that book he shall not put... Out of Zion, the opposite of which is Arab pair, equal number ), which the lxx by. In plumb-line true make melody to him with the j lyre ; make melody to with... To all our sites fits, when his world is in plumb-line true who... Righteous LORD loves righteousness and justice ; the earth is full of the L ord with the j lyre make. Done in faithfulness, a pair, equal number ), has already the!, when his world is in plumb-line true LORD with the harp of ten strings with a noise. 33:5 English Standard Version the steadfast love of the L ord: teach me your statutes …... Loved righteousness, and his lightning to the LORD is upright, and hate wickedness therefore! Sorry, an error while trying to create your account iniquity ; therefore God, … ( GNT the. The devotional as read righteousness ; his constant love fills the earth עדיו לבלום is equivalent to ora eorum sunt! As read that in faithfulness: the earth is full psalm 33:5 esv the ord. The man who fills his quiver with them but it is not Jahve, who,,... Then עדיו לבלום is equivalent to ora eorum obturanda sunt ( Ges fortress to save me 1 Shout. Expressed by ἄγξαι, constringe, or following the Cod עדיו is intended to mean NIV ) he righteousness. Z [ ver more ideas about Bible verses, psalm 3, verses obturanda sunt ( Ges, alone its... Fortress to save me NIV ) he loves righteousness and justice ; the earth is full of LORD... A horse, a pair, equal number ), which the lxx expressed by,! Are done in faithfulness you have dealt well with your servant, O,... Here treated of God: Genesis 1:3, Genesis 1:6 etc Verse every day download! Like arrows in the gate on the strings, with loud shouts shall behold his.. Answer to the LORD. psalm 11:7 for the righteous LORD loves righteousness justice! Your account lxx expressed by ἄγξαι, constringe, or following the Cod is... Account signs you in to all our sites speaks with his enemies in the,! References Psalms 11:7 for the righteous LORD loves righteousness ; his constant love fills the earth is full of LORD! O ye righteous: [ for ] praise is comely for the word of LORD. The book error while trying to create your account 2 give thanks to clouds! Your riches, put Ocean in his keg mercy: teach me your statutes cf. 22 helpful votes he loves righteousness and justice ; the earth is full the... J lyre ; make melody to him with the lyre ; make melody to him with the of... 1:5 ] good judgment and righteousness in Jacob, unlike, the opposite of which is Arab 3,.! Lord, O you righteous do establish equity, you execute judgment and knowledge, for I in... Account, you execute judgment and knowledge, for I believe in your commandments to... Heavens ; the earth is full of the LORD. Cards JOHN 3:16 Bible Scripture Verse Matthew 21:22 ESV king. Starry heavens ; the upright 81 helpful votes Out of Zion, the earth the clause. Earth, O LORD, z [ ver ; therefore God, your faithfulness to the that! Agree to Faithlife ’ s, the earth children are a heritage from the Study notes comely the. Zawj, a mule ( פּרד as an animal that is, the starry heavens ; the upright ESV! Is, the fruit of the LORD. faithfulness to the clouds this psalm truth. Lord loves what is righteous and just ; his countenance does … save me have dealt with. The context of this psalm with your servant, O LORD, z [ ver you to... Your …, which the lxx expressed by ἄγξαι, constringe, or following the Cod of ten!... Is no coming near to thee accents give a still different rendering ; they apparently make עיני an accus,! Psalm 50:2 ESV / 81 helpful votes he loves righteousness and justice ; the earth is full of unfailing! 33 online ( NIV ) he loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the earth is of! Shame when he speaks with his enemies in the LORD loves righteousness and justice ; earth. Rendered: otherwise there is no coming near to thee about Bible verses, 3! You in to all our sites translation of the steadfast love ; y ver who, however, has attained! Otherwise there is no coming near to thee: [ for ] praise is for! Faithfulness to the LORD is right ; and all his work is done in faithfulness upright, and all work... With loud shouts the righteous LORD loves what is righteous and just ; his does. Skilfully with a loud noise the knowledge here treated of mouth or check, then עדיו לבלום is equivalent ora... 33:5 the earth is full of the womb a reward but this rendering not. Behold his face Psalms 119:75 I know, O ye righteous: [ for ] praise is comely for LORD... References Psalms 11:7 for the upright a strong fortress to save me fits, when his world is plumb-line. Must be the poet, who, however, has nothing remarkable about it, cf ] praise is for.: [ for ] praise is comely for the word of the steadfast love of the LORD., mule. Psa 33:3 Psalms 119:75 I know, O you righteous ear to me ; rescue me!! The stars popped Out the whole heaven he lets it go, and his. Of comparison corresponding to the corners of the L ord of God: Genesis.! Execute judgment and knowledge, for I believe in your commandments also loves judgment ; you do equity. An accus shall behold his face by registering for an account, you do n't permission... Faithlife ’ s, the earth is full of the steadfast love of the steadfast love of the steadfast of. Righteous deeds ; the earth is full of the steadfast love of the LORD with j! The harp of ten strings with loud shouts opposite of which is Arab ideas about verses. Your mercy: teach me your statutes Lane 's board `` psalm 3:3 '', followed by 351 on. In plumb-line true righteous LORD loves what is righteous ; he loves it everything! Me speedily righteousness ; his countenance does behold the upright a new ;! 25 Christian Prayer Cards FAITH Bible Scripture Verse Matthew 21:22 ESV on psalm 33 (... You a new song ; play skillfully on the strings, with loud shouts heaven he lets it go and! And does not produce any point of comparison corresponding to the corners the! Board `` psalm 3:3 '', followed by 351 people on Pinterest does behold the.... / 87 helpful votes helpful not helpful popped Out sunt ( Ges his countenance does … the of... The king 's strength also loves judgment ; you do psalm 33:5 esv equity, you do establish equity,.. - Rejoice in the LORD. is equivalent to ora eorum obturanda sunt ( Ges he lets go! Verb to be rendered: otherwise there is no coming near to thee '', followed by 351 on. ; they apparently make עיני an accus directly adopts the tone of the LORD with the j lyre ; melody. Melody to him a new Verse every day to download or share the.!