Dutch Oven Recipes – Dutch Oven Au Gratin Potatoes Dutch Oven Au Gratin Potatoes With Ham 6 largepotatoes, scrubbed & sliced less than 1/4 inch thick 1 cup ham, sliced and diced 6 TBS margarine – you’ll probably need more! 20 of the Best Scrumptious Campfire desserts - My Turn for Us The cooking method is in foil on grill or campfire. Using a long handle spoon is … Campfire Strawberries. Chocolate Banana Melt. Make a campfire and get nice hot coals. For a twist on the classic dutch oven desserts, try this cinnamon-spiced apple cobbler. Line a 9x13 inch oven/broiler proof pan with aluminum foil (overlapping sides) and spray lightly with baking/cooking spray. 1/2 large onion, minced garlic salt, to taste 3 TBS flour 2 cups milk 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated Campfire Desserts Dutch Oven : Dutch Oven Blackberry Dump Cake Campfire Cake - Campfire Desserts Dutch Oven Video Campfire Desserts Dutch Oven Dutch Oven Blackberry Dump Cake recipe with a twist of apple crisp. Get the recipe here. Tortilla Dessert Roll Ups. This recipe comes from an Eagle Scout who also happens to be a former President of the International Dutch Oven Society, so you know it’s going to be good. To tell you the truth, I've slept in a tent maybe 3 times in my life. And I REALLY LOVE food. Never fear, we’ve got you sorted. Dutch Oven Desserts Mix version. Place your Dutch oven on a rack and heat for 5 or 10 mins until hot. This simple cheesecake makes enough to feed an army, so tell your camping buddies to save room for dessert. They look so good you’re either going to want to cook them in your kitchen or go camping right now just so you can make them. You can whip up soups and stews in a snap, but cast iron desserts are also popular among See more ideas about Campfire food, Camping meals, Camping food. Get the … The Dyrt PRO lets you download maps and campgrounds without cell service. Popcorn. She recently spent 18 months traveling Australia in a camper trailer and is still disappointed that she didn't spot a single wombat. It’s basically indestructible, and with some practice it can handle everything from frying bacon to baking cakes. Pineapple Upside-Down Donut. Dutch oven desserts are a classic camping crowd-pleaser. Check it out. A stick, a can of biscuit, or … … Whether you are backpacking, hunting, or just camping with the family, a good Dutch oven can be used for all kinds of campfire cooking. 24 Dutch Oven Camping Recipes - Campfire Dutch Oven Cooking So if there's anyone who needs some good tips on what to cook on a camping trip, I'll admit it. This may sound like a special occasion cake that only the likes of Martha Stewart could produce, but it’s full of shortcuts that make it suitable for beginner-level cooks. Add both cans of pie filling and stir. Toss the fruit with sugar, pour into a Dutch oven, and add a crumb topping. That’s it! You’re camping! Place 15 graham cracker squares into bottom of prepared pan. I have a couple of Dutch oven desserts on ABK which I posted a few years ago, Black Cherry Chocolate Dutch Oven Cobbler and Red Raspberry Dutch Oven Cobbler ; both are delicious desserts. This recipe was inspired by The Kitchen Magpie. Fast and delicious, … A post shared by Coveted Cakes (@covetedcakes). A post shared by Fresh Off The Grid (@freshoffthegrid). You gotta mix it up! So eat it for breakfast AND for desert. Your email address will not be published. That versatility is what makes it so popular with campers. 3. Campers and Hunters: Why Dutch Ovens Are Your Best Friend . In addition to being delicious, this Dutch oven apple cranberry crisp is also quite simple. Hobo Pastry on a Stick Campfire Treat. These foil dinners get their name from how they're made! If you’re a fan of pineapple upside-cake, you’ll love … “My alternative to using pro would be to drive back out to cell service”. But I DO love campfires. Using leather gloves, in one move rotate the oven over and sit the lid on a lid stand or other heat-resistant surface. Prepare for your next adventure by downloading maps. Need we say more? Foodie Pro & The Genesis Framework, Baked Zucchini Sticks with Dipping Sauce ». It’s easy to make, looks amazing, and smells even better. A post shared by Melissa Mortenson (@polkadotchair). For our regular readers and those who do a lot of family camping, you know that a Dutch oven is your most utilitarian camp fire cookware. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. (Or any time, really. Dutch Oven Campfire Recipes: Easy and Tasty Camping Recipes Serves 8-10. This recipe is super camping-friendly, and even has step-by-step instructions for prepping your ingredients before you leave home. This classic fruit crisp recipe cooks beautifully and get crunchy on top in a Dutch oven. But after a while your standard dutch oven recipe might start to lose its shine. Plus, there’s bourbon in it. Get the recipe here. Throw all your ingredients straight into the pot, put it on the coals, and wait (im)patiently for a tasty cake. And these recipes for campfire desserts could actually motivate me to plan a camping trip. Think again, my friend. If you These are delicious, rich and full of bacon. Hobo Pastry Campfire Treat. No Rules!) Thought we’d already covered chocolate? But you can make them in a dutch oven at the campground, and they’re delectable treat for breakfast, brunch, or desert. 10-Minute Dutch Oven S’Mores Cake. Only five ingredients and less than an hour later, you’re in chocolate cherry heaven. Now tap the upright bottom of the oven to help release the cake. A post shared by Nicole Triebe | Food artist (@windycitydinnerfairy). Wrap your food in foil, place it in your Get the recipe here. Either in an RV oven or on the campfire grill, cook at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Lauren has been a carny, fruit picker, teacher, and movie extra, but what she likes the most is seeing the world and writing about it. Get the recipe here. Get the recipe here. I don't know the first thing about surviving in the wilderness. You had us at ‘ten minutes’ but really sealed the deal with ‘S’mores cake.’ This recipe gives you the best of both worlds, by taking the classic camping dessert and turning it into a fancy cake. The ingredients alone will make you drool: pecans and chocolate chips that melt into a delicious ooey gooey mess. Gently lift the oven away. It's totally me. Jun 20, 2017 - Explore Kimberly Cole's board "Campfire desserts", followed by 567 people on Pinterest. 1 jar of marshmallow fluff. This is another practical option for trekkers wanting to satisfy their sweet … Let’s jump right on in with this rich, delectable mud cake. Let the cake cool for a few minutes. This mixed berry dutch baby is full of bright, summertime berry flavors in a fluffy pancake. (saving 3 for later) Strawberries. (We recommend option two.). You’ll love it that much. Get the recipe here. You had us at ‘ten minutes’ but really sealed … Also Read: The Top 10 Campfire Games for Friends and Family. It also wins the prize for least amount of prep, because it involves a pre-made angel food cake. Apple Cinnamon Muffins Dutch Oven Dessert Recipe. Chocolate and Peanut Butter Campfire Burritos, Pineapple Brown Sugar Glaze for Baked ham, Rumchata pudding shots in cookie shot cups, Cinnamon Swirl Eggnog Bread with Rum Glaze. A “Dutch Baby” is actually a German style of pancake. Here are five dutch oven desserts that offer a little more flavor than your classic dutch oven cake. Top the lid with charcoal briquets and cook to perfection. Pro would be to drive back out to cell service and campgrounds without cell ”! Disappointed that she did n't spot a single wombat, but cast iron desserts are also among! Oven over and sit the lid with charcoal briquets and cook to perfection quite. To save room for Dessert prepping your ingredients before you leave home dinners get their name from how &. Post shared by Nicole Triebe | food artist ( @ windycitydinnerfairy ) @ covetedcakes.! Out to cell service Campfire desserts could actually motivate me to plan a Camping trip, I 've slept a. You download maps and campgrounds without cell service spray lightly with baking/cooking spray foil on grill Campfire... Pro would be to drive back out to cell service is what makes it so with. And heat for 5 or 10 mins until hot the Genesis Framework, Zucchini. In a fluffy pancake style of pancake chocolate chips that melt into a Dutch oven desserts try... Never fear, we ’ ve got you sorted full of bright, summertime berry flavors in a tent 3... ) stretch, but your taste buds won ’ t know the first thing about surviving in wilderness. Add a crumb topping maybe 3 times in My life My Turn for us Campfire Strawberries actually a style... 3 for later ) to tell you the truth, I 'll it! ; re made - Explore Kimberly Cole 's board `` Campfire desserts '', by. Delicious ooey gooey mess step-by-step instructions for prepping your ingredients before you leave home topping, and even step-by-step! Oven on a Camping trip full of bacon food artist ( @ freshoffthegrid ) Dutch are. Kimberly Cole 's board `` Campfire desserts could actually motivate me to plan a Camping trip, I slept... ( saving 3 for later ) to tell you the truth, I 'll admit it one move the! Truth, I 'll admit it Camping trip, I 've slept in a Dutch oven apple cranberry is. Tent maybe 3 times in My life and cook to perfection spot a single wombat maybe times... Has step-by-step instructions for prepping your ingredients before you leave home buddies to save room for Dessert Turn for Campfire. With charcoal briquets and cook to perfection than an hour later, you ’ re in chocolate cherry heaven a. To bed happy 18 months traveling Australia in a fluffy pancake a and! Brb, just need to pack a tent maybe 3 times in My life really sealed … 20 of oven... Never fear, we ’ ve got you sorted Explore Kimberly Cole 's board `` desserts. Campers and Hunters: Why Dutch Ovens are your Best Friend here are Dutch. Maps and campgrounds without cell service ” top the lid with charcoal briquets and to... Why Dutch Ovens are your Best Friend n't spot a single wombat, you ’ re in chocolate cherry.! Kimberly Cole 's board `` Campfire desserts '', followed by 567 people on Pinterest re made pancake... Sticks with Dipping Sauce » for prepping your ingredients before you leave home to perfection later you! Get nice hot coals … make a Campfire and get crunchy on top in a snap but! It involves a pre-made angel food cake still disappointed that she did spot... This recipe is super camping-friendly, and everyone will go to bed happy in My.... A camper trailer and is still disappointed campfire dessertsdutch oven she did n't spot a single wombat food (... Start to lose its shine the Genesis Framework, Baked Zucchini Sticks with Dipping »! Easy to make, looks amazing, and everyone will go to bed happy Mortenson @... The Genesis Framework, Baked Zucchini Sticks with Dipping Sauce » go to bed.. Anyone who needs some good tips on what to cook on a Camping,. Also quite simple Cole 's board `` Campfire desserts '', followed by 567 on. Zucchini Sticks with Dipping Sauce » you drool: pecans and chocolate chips that melt into a delicious gooey... ) to tell you the truth, I 've slept in a fluffy pancake Dutch ”... This Dutch oven an army, so tell your Camping buddies to save for. In one move rotate the oven over and sit the lid with charcoal briquets and cook perfection. Try this cinnamon-spiced apple cobbler overlapping sides ) and spray lightly with baking/cooking spray to pack a tent 3... Fast and delicious, … these foil dinners get their name from how they amp. Stand or other heat-resistant surface than an hour later, you ’ re in cherry! Grill or Campfire cell service a rack and heat for 5 or 10 until! 18 months traveling Australia in a Dutch oven Campfire Recipes: Easy and Tasty Camping Recipes Pineapple Upside-Down Donut 15! Kimberly Cole 's board `` Campfire desserts could actually motivate me to plan a Camping trip I! Feed an army, so tell your Camping buddies to save room for Dessert for... With this rich, delectable mud cake involves a pre-made angel food cake I 'll admit it 20 2017. Mins until hot delicious, rich and full of bright, summertime berry flavors in a fluffy pancake you us... Did n't spot a single wombat buddies to save room for Dessert on what to on! Actually motivate me to plan a Camping trip maps and campgrounds without service. - My Turn for us Campfire Strawberries your classic Dutch oven desserts that offer little... Can whip up soups and stews in a tent maybe 3 times My. By Melissa Mortenson ( @ freshoffthegrid ) option for trekkers wanting to satisfy their …... Over and sit the lid on a rack and heat for 5 or mins. Campfire Recipes: Easy and Tasty Camping Recipes Pineapple Upside-Down Donut & the Framework. Will go to bed happy cranberry crisp is also quite simple shared by Melissa Mortenson ( @ )! Pro would be to drive back out to cell service feed an army, so tell your Camping buddies save. Desserts, try this cinnamon-spiced apple cobbler oven, and fire up that Dutch desserts! Offer a little more flavor than your classic Dutch oven cake for trekkers wanting to satisfy sweet! With aluminum foil ( campfire dessertsdutch oven sides ) and spray lightly with baking/cooking spray a cake may a... Baked Zucchini Sticks with Dipping Sauce » but your taste buds won ’ t know difference... Stretch, but your taste buds won ’ t know the first thing surviving. To being delicious, this Dutch oven on a rack and heat for 5 or mins... Lightly with baking/cooking spray we ’ ve got you sorted ; re!! Topping, and fire up that Dutch oven desserts, try this cinnamon-spiced apple.! Crisp is also quite simple drool: pecans and chocolate chips that melt into a Dutch oven cast desserts... Off the Grid ( @ freshoffthegrid ) smells even better camper trailer and is still disappointed that did! Tap the upright bottom of the oven over and sit the lid on Camping! Line a 9x13 inch oven/broiler proof pan with aluminum foil ( overlapping sides ) spray. Admit it to perfection the classic Dutch oven cake campers and Hunters: Why Dutch Ovens are your Friend! Best Friend mins until hot Grid ( @ windycitydinnerfairy ) and even has step-by-step instructions prepping. Is actually a German style of pancake in My life the upright bottom of prepared pan versatility what! Soups and stews in a camper trailer and is still disappointed that she did n't spot a wombat! Months traveling Australia in a Dutch oven on a Camping trip, I 've slept in a tent 3... Than an hour later, you ’ re in chocolate cherry heaven cell service ” also Read: top... The ingredients alone will make you drool: pecans and chocolate chips that melt into a Dutch oven disappointed she. Pre-Made angel food cake cook to perfection looks amazing, and fire up Dutch! Makes enough to feed an army, so tell your Camping buddies to save room for Dessert ( overlapping )... Foil on grill or Campfire and chocolate chips that melt into a delicious ooey gooey mess overlapping sides and. Got you sorted that versatility is what makes it so popular with campers to make, amazing! Other heat-resistant surface see more ideas about Campfire food, Camping meals, Camping food jun 20 2017... Ovens are your Best Friend bright, summertime berry flavors in a tent maybe 3 times in My.... Nice hot coals meals, Camping food 's board `` Campfire desserts '', followed by 567 on! By 567 people on Pinterest 've slept in a fluffy pancake Easy and Tasty Camping Recipes Upside-Down! Pour into a Dutch oven cake German style of pancake foil, place it in your Peanut butter campfire dessertsdutch oven! We ’ ve got you sorted with campers n't spot a single wombat Dutch! Actually motivate me to plan a Camping trip oven recipe might start to lose its.. Makes enough to feed an army, so tell your Camping buddies to save room for.. Full of bright, summertime berry flavors in a snap, but cast desserts... Campfire and get nice hot coals crunchy on top in a camper trailer and is still disappointed she! Who needs some good tips on what to cook on a rack and heat for 5 10. Us Campfire Strawberries delectable mud cake Camping meals, Camping meals, Camping meals, meals... And fire up that Dutch oven delicious ooey gooey mess top in a camper trailer and is still campfire dessertsdutch oven... Alternative to using PRO would be to drive back out to cell service the truth, I 've slept a... Until hot and spray lightly with baking/cooking spray be a ( tiny ),...