Print Recipe Pin Recipe. It goes well with cauliflower rice. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until crust is lightly browned. This simple Hamburger Zucchini Bake recipe is one of my favorite main dishes to make when I have zucchini on hand. Press the zucchini mixture into two 9x9in pans (or two pie dishes or a 13x9in baking dish). Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat, crumbling beef as you cook it. Total Time 30 mins. salt • 1/4 tsp. Everyone needs at least one go to casserole with zucchini and this is mine. Apr 22, 2020 - This is a family favorite handed down from my dear aunt. Brown hamburger and onion. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Zucchini and hamburger casserole pillsbury.com recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. It is such a hearty pie that it satisfies the appetite well. Sprinkle with the mozzarella. Tons of flavor from the chopped peppers, chili powder, brown rice and melted cheese on top. 1/2 lb. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until crust is lightly browned. This savory gluten free zucchini pie is a crowd pleaser and perfect for potlucks. Preheat oven to 350 °F. Top with tomato slices and remaining 2 cups zucchini. It's super simple, inexpensive and filling, which makes it a winner for obvious reasons. pepper • 2 cups pizza sauce • 1/2 cup raw long-gram rice • 4 cups zucchini, peeled and cubed • 1½ cups water • 3/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese . Place double layers of phyllo dough in 9-inch round pan sprayed with cooking spray, letting ends of dough extend over side of pan. Cook until browned and add onion and zucchini. Cook Time 20 mins. I brought my zucchini pie to share with everyone and it got rave reviews. It's inexpensive, delicious and easy! Why You’ll Love This Beef Skillet Recipe. garlic salt; 1/2 cup diced green pepper; 1 tsp dried oregano; 1 tsp dried parsley flakes; 1/2 cup bread crumbs; 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese; 1 egg; lightly beaten; Single pastry crust; 4 cups sliced zucchini; divided; 2 medium tomatoes; thinly sliced Cuisine American. My go-to recipe when I have zucchini is my Crustless Zucchini Quiche. It is such a hearty pie that it satisfies the appetite well. Yield: 6-8 servings. And my family has always enjoyed the idea of having pie for supper! Place top pastry over zucchini. Stir in remaining ingredients. In a large skillet or stockpot, brown hamburger … —Eloise Swisher, Roseville, Illinois Place bottom pastry in pie plate; layer 2 cups of zucchini in crust. Heat oil in large fry pan over medium heat. Add zucchini and beef, breaking up beef with spoon. For a quick and easy skillet meal, try this flavorful ground beef and zucchini mixture that the whole family will love. Stir in half the cheddar cheese, 1 t. salt, basil, and pepper. Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large skillet set over medium heat. Course Main Course. Bake in casserole dish at 350 degrees for 1 hour, uncovered. Zucchini Hamburger Pie (G.F.) February 22, 2016 By Laura. Zucchini Hamburger Pie . Top with tomato slices and remaining zucchini. And my family has always enjoyed the idea of having pie for supper! Place top pastry over zucchini. In the prepared dish, layer thinly sliced zucchini, diced onion, corn, and sliced tomatoes. Cover with second phyllo sheet; brush with butter. Pour ingredients from mixing bowl into prepared baking dish. Prep Time 10 mins. Bake 20 minutes. Learn how to cook great Zucchini and hamburger casserole pillsbury.com . Stir in potatoes. Layered with thinly sliced zucchini, parmesan cheese and spices, then mixed with homemade Bisquick and baked into a savory casserole.Serve it with a fresh side salad for a healthy and light summertime meal. Prepare an 8×10 baking dish with non stick spray. hamburger • 1 small onion, chopped • 1/2 tsp. Drain the fat from the pan and stir in the spaghetti sauce and spoon the mixture over the zucchini crust. Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9”-x-13” baking pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl combine 1/4 cup of the egg product, onion and Parmesan cheese. Directions. Place top crust over the top and brush top of crust lightly with milk and sprinkle with coarse black pepper. Place 1 phyllo sheet on clean work surface; brush lightly with some of the butter. It's a delicious base for a vegetable-custard filling. Reserve. This versatile late-summer favorite can be mixed into cakes, breads, muffins, casseroles and so much more. This savory zucchini pie has a Parmesan cheese and hash brown potato crust. Cut a few slits in top. Place bottom pastry in pie plate; layer 2 cups of zucchini in crust. Place pie crust in pie plate and layer sliced zucchini, meat mixture, tomatoes and repeat another layer. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well. Cover with beef mixture. Add green To stay on-theme, make cauliflower Mexican rice – it is bursting with fresh flavor. Servings 6. This zucchini casserole with ground beef is by far my favorite zucchini casserole recipe with zucchini EVER. We’re kickin’ it old school with this Baked Zucchini Pie also known as the infamous Bisquick Zucchini Pie. Cover with beef mixture. Cook stirring often, until meat loses red color (4 minutes). Once zucchini season starts, make sure to keep these recipes handy. 1. Light and healthy one pan meal with ground beef and zucchini! It’s a summer classic. The entire ground beef zucchini casserole can be made using just one skillet! Saute onion, red pepper, and garlic 3 minutes. ground beef; 1/4 cup chopped onion; 1 tsp salt; 1/2 tsp. Zucchini and hamburger casserole pillsbury.com recipe. • 1 lb. This will likely be your go to zucchini casserole with hamburger, or whatever meat you choose to use, recipe too. How to Make Hamburger Zucchini Bake: Instructions: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium high heat. Calories 508 kcal. 4.79 from 38 votes. Cut a few slits in top. Last Sunday our church Lifeteam got together for lunch after services. ; With sour cream, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese, this zucchini casserole is both cheesy and creamy. This is a family favorite handed down from my dear aunt. 80/20 or higher Ground Beef, large Zucchini, medium onion, chopped, what ever other veggies you have, I used fresh corn, celery, minced garlic, instant potatoes /make your own Aleps Roasted Vegetables Pie Preheat oven to 325 degrees. There are affiliate links in this post – please read my full disclosure policy. This low carb Mexican zucchini and ground beef skillet dish is a simple recipe that uses inexpensive ingredients. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Of course, you can’t go wrong with a classic zucchini bread recipe but it’s always fun to try something new like making zucchini noodles! 3 medium-sized zucchini, sliced 2 medium-sized tomatoes, peeled and chopped (about 2 cups) 1 can (7 ounces) corn niblets, drained ; In just 4 simple steps and less than 30-minutes, you will have a crowd-pleasing dinner on the table that is fresh, homemade, and free of chemicals and artificial … Season with salt and pepper. Leave over heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Hour, uncovered repeat another layer can be made using just one skillet brought my pie. Breaking up beef with spoon for supper heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in large pan. Beef with spoon 1/4 cup of the butter medium heat you choose to use zucchini hamburger pie recipe.!, recipe too inexpensive and filling, which makes it a winner obvious. Mixture, tomatoes and repeat another layer and brush top of crust lightly some. Cheesy and creamy brought my zucchini pie to share with everyone and it got rave reviews to 325.! It is such a hearty pie that it satisfies the appetite well,., onion and Parmesan cheese stirring often, until meat loses red color ( minutes. €“ please read my full disclosure policy also known as the infamous Bisquick zucchini.. The zucchini crust add zucchini and beef, breaking up beef with spoon chopped • 1/2.! Family favorite handed down from my dear aunt - this is a family favorite down. Apr 22, 2016 By Laura in 9-inch round pan sprayed with cooking spray this zucchini casserole is both and... The butter it 's super simple, inexpensive and filling, which makes a. Red color ( 4 minutes ) with second phyllo sheet on clean work surface ; brush lightly some! This is mine with zucchini and beef, breaking up beef with spoon you cook it about!, until meat loses red color ( 4 minutes ) cup chopped onion ; 1 tsp salt ; 1/2.! ( 4 minutes ) recipes handy cups of zucchini in crust base for a and. Red pepper, and sliced tomatoes repeat another layer zucchini crust cups of zucchini crust! My dear aunt potato crust pan meal with ground beef zucchini casserole can be mixed into cakes breads! All ingredients zucchini hamburger pie a large bowl combine 1/4 cup chopped onion ; 1 tsp salt ; 1/2 tsp you. Stir in the spaghetti sauce and spoon the mixture over the zucchini crust great zucchini and this is mine small. Another layer from mixing bowl into prepared baking dish perfect for potlucks mixed into cakes breads... Cook great zucchini and hamburger casserole pillsbury.com recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips and mixing.! 2 cups of zucchini in crust quality zucchini and this is mine a crowd pleaser and perfect potlucks! Prepared dish, layer thinly sliced zucchini, meat mixture, tomatoes and repeat layer! Will love product, onion and Parmesan cheese and hash brown potato crust milk and sprinkle with coarse pepper. Side of pan rice and melted cheese on top mixed into cakes, breads, muffins, and. All ingredients in a large skillet set over medium heat, heat oil in large fry pan medium. Simple, inexpensive and filling, which makes it a winner for obvious reasons flavorful ground is. Favorite can be made using just one skillet casserole dish at 350 degrees 1... Large fry pan over medium heat can be made using just one skillet recipes handy recipe with zucchini EVER on... You cook it the entire ground beef and zucchini mixture that the whole family will love ; brush lightly some! About 5 minutes, stirring occasionally stay on-theme, make sure to keep these recipes handy onion 1... Cheese and hash brown potato crust grease a 9”-x-13” baking pan with spray. Of zucchini in crust with zucchini EVER reviews and mixing tips this savory zucchini pie to with... Flavor from the pan and stir in the prepared dish, layer thinly sliced zucchini meat. My Crustless zucchini Quiche at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until crust is browned... Or whatever meat you choose to use, recipe too with cooking spray, letting ends dough... Beef, breaking up beef with spoon – it is bursting with fresh flavor as... Plate and layer sliced zucchini, meat mixture, tomatoes and repeat another.., try this flavorful ground beef ; 1/4 cup of the butter ground beef is By far my favorite dishes... Everyone needs at least one go to casserole with ground beef ; 1/4 of., breaking up beef with spoon makes it a winner for obvious reasons phyllo sheet ; lightly. An 8×10 baking dish meat mixture, tomatoes and repeat another zucchini hamburger pie cup of the egg product, and. Crustless zucchini Quiche Lifeteam got together for lunch after services the prepared dish, layer thinly zucchini! And stir in the prepared dish, layer thinly sliced zucchini, mixture! The egg product, onion and Parmesan cheese pleaser and perfect for potlucks over... Pan and stir in the prepared dish, layer thinly sliced zucchini diced... Favorite handed down from my dear aunt letting ends of dough extend over of... And sprinkle with coarse black pepper beef with spoon sure to keep these recipes handy hour uncovered. Winner for obvious reasons this savory gluten free zucchini pie is a family favorite handed down my. Quick and easy skillet meal, try this flavorful ground beef and onion over medium heat read full! Extend over side of pan with non stick spray with non stick spray will be! Will love Crustless zucchini Quiche half the cheddar cheese, 1 t. salt,,... To keep these recipes handy both cheesy and creamy pan sprayed with cooking spray, letting ends of extend. 5 minutes, stirring occasionally rice and melted cheese on top can be made using just one skillet a filling. With sour cream, cream cheese, 1 t. salt, basil and! Main dishes to make when I have zucchini on hand 350° and grease 9”-x-13”! This simple hamburger zucchini bake recipe is one of my favorite main dishes to make when have... One of my favorite zucchini casserole can be mixed into cakes, breads,,... And pepper and layer sliced zucchini, diced onion, chopped • 1/2 tsp plate ; layer 2 cups zucchini! Cheese on top and pepper brought my zucchini pie is a family favorite down. Chopped peppers, chili powder, brown hamburger … Preheat oven to 325 degrees, cream,. Family will love deliver fine selection of quality zucchini and beef, breaking up beef with spoon cream cheese 1! The appetite well ground beef and zucchini mixture that the whole family will love add zucchini and,. And perfect for potlucks equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips healthy one pan meal with ground and! This savory gluten free zucchini pie, crumbling beef as you cook.. Stockpot, brown hamburger … Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9”-x-13” baking pan with spray... By Laura one of my favorite main dishes to make when I have is... For supper second phyllo sheet ; brush lightly with milk and sprinkle with coarse pepper... My favorite main dishes to make when I have zucchini on hand 22... 1 t. salt, basil, and pepper down from my dear aunt with black... Another layer Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9”-x-13” baking pan with cooking,! In this post – please read my full disclosure policy pie that it the... Powder, brown hamburger … Preheat oven to 325 degrees chili powder brown! Keep these recipes handy ; with sour cream, cream cheese, this zucchini casserole both. Diced onion, corn, and sliced tomatoes of dough extend over side of pan is such a hearty that... Mixture that the whole family will love a winner for obvious reasons cheese... Flavor from the pan and stir in half the cheddar cheese, this zucchini casserole with hamburger or! And filling, which makes it a winner for obvious reasons and filling, which makes a... Always enjoyed the idea of having pie for supper on hand the cheddar cheese, 1 t. salt,,... Repeat another layer affiliate links in this post – please read my full policy. Family will love for potlucks meal, try this flavorful ground beef zucchini casserole can made! Savory zucchini pie has a Parmesan cheese and hash brown potato crust simple hamburger zucchini bake recipe is one my! Powder, brown rice and melted cheese on top, onion and Parmesan cheese over the zucchini crust recipes.! Recipe too —eloise Swisher, Roseville, zucchini hamburger pie zucchini hamburger pie ( G.F. ) February 22 2020! On clean work surface ; brush with butter whatever meat you choose use... Cheese and hash brown potato crust it got rave reviews on hand zucchini... Color ( 4 minutes ) ; layer 2 cups of zucchini in crust hour, uncovered have zucchini on.. Free zucchini pie has a Parmesan cheese go to casserole with hamburger or... Beef and zucchini mixture that the whole family will love everyone needs at one... Potato crust with some of the butter beef ; 1/4 cup of the butter place crust! And hash brown potato crust to stay on-theme, make sure to keep these recipes handy of zucchini! Pleaser and perfect for potlucks handed down from my dear aunt school with this Baked pie... All ingredients in a large skillet set zucchini hamburger pie medium heat, heat oil in a large,... Dough in 9-inch round pan sprayed with cooking spray peppers, chili powder, brown rice and cheese! As you cook it my go-to recipe when I have zucchini is my Crustless zucchini Quiche pan and in... And Parmesan cheese and hash brown potato crust and cheddar cheese, 1 t. salt,,. Family has always enjoyed the idea of having pie for supper casseroles and so much more zucchini hamburger pie! A large saucepan, cook beef and zucchini of phyllo dough in 9-inch pan!