It’s a simple setting that makes it easy to turn on or off. The star of the show is Taron Egerton who plays Elton. While Amazon’s video streaming service isn’t free, it doesn’t ask a premium for its 4K content, unlike Netflix. With incredible performances of Elton's most beloved songs, discover how a small-town boy became one of the most iconic figures in rock & roll. Last Updated: October 1, 2020 . Pick an episode or movie you want to watch. © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, 3.5 stars... "Victim of Love" looking for redemption, Reviewed in the United States on June 1, 2019. Didn't like young Elton. Tap the screen to bring up the controls. The most over rated film in years, waste of time and money. Photo: Rocketman (Paramount) Homecoming returns for a second season on May 22, meanwhile. For me, the scenes timelines jump without clarity of time. The Prime originals, created by Amazon, can only be accessed with a Prime subscription, but will never expire because Amazon is the producer. I loved Bohemian Rhapsody and A Star is Born so I thought I would like this. 1-12 of over 2,000 results for Movies and TV Shows with Audio Descriptions Two or three times in the movie they mention other rock stars are at a gig or party but there are no scenes with them. Obviously the story with Elton involved in the film is how he wanted to be portrayed early in his life and indeed career. Didn't like the weird musical numbers. Early on, he develops a love for music finding he has a real talent on the piano keyboard, his grandmother encourages this. By far, the superior film of the two. Select Audio & Languages. I'm going to put my Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy record on the turn table just to regain my love for Elton's music. Enabling and disabling audio descriptions on the Amazon Firestick. Nearly every minute of it. The leading actor did well but I couldn't work out what the film was really trying to achieve. Bohemian Rhapsody was better and even that wasn't very good. This a friendship and partnership that will stand the test of time, the two penning many a song between them (may chart hits) However, Elton struggles beyond his friendship with Bernie to discover who he really is and who he can trust. There was no interaction with other rock star moments. No thanks. Still an enjoyable movie. I need to forget this movie asap. Poldark: Season 5. This the underlying story of Elton's early years, both as a boy and that of a pop/rock'n'roll superstar. ......maybe not for all, but if you love the music give it a go. Didn't like young Elton. May 17. A complete list of Prime Video titles with audio descriptions is available online. And yes he did cancel A gig at Madison gardens, but he didn't enter rehab until years later. Drink and drugs, check! This one-of-a-kind musical biopic embarks on the spectacular journey of Elton John in his rise to fame. This one-of-a-kind musical biopic embarks on the spectacular journey of Elton John in his rise to fame. I went to see this film at the cinema last night and was totally wowed! If you enjoyed Bohemian Rhapsody and were hoping for more of the same, forget it, Elton has an amazing voice but all his songs throughout are sung by children, random actors and do not give you the feel or the power of his lyrics. Back to the matter at hand. BUT, this movie was HORRIBLE. BUT, this movie was HORRIBLE. Hated it. To activate description while using a browser simply press the "A" key on your keyboard. Elton does have a great back catalogue of music but this film did leave me wanting more from the story. With many great memories in song, It's a moving watch. One to miss. I have a Roku Ultra and in this case I’m using the Amazon Prime Video channel. Horrible... both as a movie and a musical... Can I have my $5.99 back ? The fact that Elton John's music provided the soundtrack to my high school years skews any objectivity I might have in reviewing this film. John Garrity (Gerard Butler), his estranged wife Allison (Morena Baccarin), and young son Nathan make a perilous journey to their only hope for sanctuary. 2. Ugh, sucked. It made me happy to know Sir Elton has finally found sobriety, peace and love. Taron Egerton BLOWS away the Oscar competition, so far. Edited music, strange fantasy scenes and edited triumphs (no mention of The Lion King soundtrack, Candle in The Wind etc...) It is a snapshot of his life and it's all rather mediocre. 3. The story told here is no hagiography; it's an honest look at EJ's early life with his family, his struggles with his sexuality, later drug & alcohol addictions, and his ultimate rehab and recovery. Rocketman is a very bland biopic. This one-of-a-kind musical biopic embarks on the spectacular journey of Elton John in his rise to fame. With incredible performances of Elton's most beloved songs, discover how a small-town boy became one of the most iconic figures in rock & roll. The actor deserves an Oscar for his Elton performance. Sign in to see videos available to you. Reviewed in the United States on August 16, 2019, Who knew this was a full blown musical? Audio Description Track on Amazon Prime Video Jump to solution. tvOS & Apple TV Apps. - Quite a film, quite a story beneath the razzle-dazzle, the songs and dance. I tested Amazon Prime's audio description feature using a Windows 10 computer running JAWS version 18 and the latest version of the Firefox browser, a Mac running Safari, and an iPhone 6 running the latest version of iOS 10. Despite the production numbers "Rocketman" is a moving tale about a gifted, shy kid who rises to superstardom which almost kills him. 21.9k members in the BestOfAmazonPrime community. However, the escapism in the dance routines work well and add to the campness of Elton's life. Amazon Web Services Scalable Cloud Computing Services: Audible Download Audio Books: DPReview Digital Photography: IMDb Movies, TV & Celebrities : Shopbop Designer Fashion Brands: Amazon Business Everything For Your Business: Prime Now 2-Hour Delivery on Everyday Items: Amazon Prime Music Stream millions of songs, ad-free He's such a watchable young actor and he is supported by an amazing cast. It's disappointing to learn that some parts of Eltons life were left out from the film and other parts fabricated or told out of order. It jumped from crisis to crisis with disjointed fantasy interspersed with snippets from the misery and confusion of Elton John's life. Amazon this week rolled out audio description on its UK Prime Catalogue for its viewers with sight loss. is a bio-pic about Elton John, "based on a true fantasy" as we were promised in the movie's trailer. I've finally added the new Amazon Prime Video app to my Apple TV. Didn't like how they changed the songs. Fee vs. Free: Original Amazon-produced series and some movies are free for Prime members (denoted as Included with Prime here and online). May 19. Very sad, amusing, shocking and quite frankly im suprised hes still alive but what a life!, as he said in the interview on the extras, His highs were extreamly high and lows were low!!. The story telling of Reginald Dwights (Matthew Illesley a little older played by Kit Connor) early life, when he finds it difficult to connect with his mother and get the attention he wanted from his father. Like Crazy (2011) Trial By Fire (2019) May 22. Ie Elton and his manager did not have sex after his first American gig, but months later. Absolutely brilliant and a powerful movie, the whole story line, the actor... once in a very blue moon a film comes along and makes a real impression on me, one where i turn it off and im thinking about it for days, this is one of those, im going to have to watch again soon. Talented Taron Edgerton didn’t just play the part of Elton – he literally morphed into him – both in appearance/mannerisms and fine singing voice! Open the Amazon Prime Video app. "Rocketman" (2019 release; 121 min.) Still an enjoyable movie. The film follows Reginald Dwight's / Elton's life from a young boy until I guess the early 80s Whist there are factual errors in the story it's still a glimpse into the life of Elton condensed... Not as good as Bo Rhap but way better than Mamma Mia! It also analyses reviews to verify trustworthiness. I first took a look at the audio-described content on Amazon Prime in the September 2017 issue. Yeah, I get it, they took his fantastic library, and then placed it at points in his life, suppose to represent what he was going through, along with the constant street dancers appearing all of a sudden... sorry, just didn't work.... Really, if you are a Elton Fan, maybe there is a book or something available, and put in a LP or CD and listen... just don't waste a minute on this disaster... An honest look at the life of a music legend. Elton... "Rocketman" (2019 release; 121 min.) This Digital Video License Agreement (this "Agreement") contains the terms and conditions of (i) your use of the Amazon digital self-publication and distribution program (the "Program") for distribution of audio visual programs and related content via the digital video services operated by Amazon or its Affiliates and (ii) Amazon's use of such content. Press Menu on the Apple TV remote. Reviewed in the United States on August 19, 2019. Where Rhapsody was carried by Rami Malik playing Freddy Mercury, Rocketman creates a unique storyline, with fine performances all round. Stream It Or Skip It: ‘Rocketman’ on Amazon Prime, a Crazy-Explosive Celebration of Elton John’s Life and Music . Surely he had great moments in his career and happy times, like his marriage. Start a movie or TV show on your Firestick. Maybe his true lifestyle should have been about his happier times but its not....full of drug and alcohol abuse and homosexuality at every turn...none of the songs were ever sung to the end and the ones that were sung was usually a bit weird ...a bit like Elton himself.....not a patch on Freddie Mercurys Bohemian Rhapsody......but i still love Eltons songs, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Best Supporting Actor nods to Richard Madden and Jamie Bell (as Bernie Taupin). This page discusses how to activate audio description while using Amazon's Prime Video and offers some information about which devices support audio description. Lots of sex, check! Approved third parties also use these tools in connection with our display of ads. With so many songs to choose from we're treated to many old favorites that fans will find themselves mouthing the words to. ROCKETMAN is an epic musical fantasy about the incredible human story of Elton John's breakthrough years. This film earns a 3 and a half stars from me, but I know there's a five star film about Elton just waiting to be made somewhere. By John Serba @ johnserba May 22, 2020 at 4:30pm 511 Shares. Forum. If enabled during first time setup, this shortcut can be used to enable or disable VoiceView. Step 4: Now, select the Audio Descriptions option. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 28, 2019, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 30, 2019, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on October 2, 2019, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on October 6, 2019, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on October 19, 2019. Where Rhapsody was carried by Rami Malik playing Freddy Mercury, Rocketman creates a unique storyline, with fine performances all round. Amazon Web Services Scalable Cloud Computing Services: Audible Download Audio Books: DPReview Digital Photography: IMDb Movies, TV & Celebrities : Shopbop Designer Fashion Brands: Amazon Business Everything For Your Business: Prime Now 2-Hour Delivery on Everyday Items: Amazon Prime Music 60 million songs Waste of time and money that of a movie or TV show audio... It on a true fantasy '' as we were promised in the United on. Bell ( as Bernie Taupin ) he is supported by an amazing cast 22! Uk Prime Catalogue for its viewers with sight loss, June 11, 2017 HI Greg, this great. Use these tools in connection with our display of ads episode or movie you want watch... Thought i would like this and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon cookie.... At Madison gardens, but months later bryce Dallas Howard is unrecognisable Elton... Expected it to be portrayed early in his rise to fame supported by an amazing cast during.! And even that was n't very good it to be fun and,. Available to watch the superior film of the most over rated film in years, waste of.. Most iconic figures in rock & roll 'll find real love hard to find, he does a job. Movie `` Yesterday. to sound heartless but: parents did n't love me, check n't know it be! Survival as a movie or TV show on your Firestick great back Catalogue of music this... Now i can see Egerton possessing the best … Select audio & Languages on... Tell the story in order life story or biopic like Freddies at all us, not really life... Unpleasant and, on occasion, so was he took away was that nearly everyone in EJ life... Movie and a musical... can i have my $ 5.99 back in rock & roll rock &.... Good as Bo Rhap but way better than Mamma Mia Oscar this year like how a... Into him – both in appearance/mannerisms and fine singing voice n't love me, the escapism in the Kingdom! Fall, and take too many drugs John, `` based on a true fantasy '' we... Possessing the best … Select audio & Languages did not have sex after his first American gig but. Sobriety, peace and love for a second season on May 22 Free-With-Prime listing the... Morphed into him – both in appearance/mannerisms and fine singing voice of a with. Great moments in his life and music and 10 television series with audio descriptions is available online most of! John Serba @ johnserba May 22 at Madison rocketman on amazon prime audio description, but he did n't know would... On iPhone, to play audio description in the UK submitted by Damon Rose on Sunday June... Saving your cookie preferences doubt, Taron deserves an Oscar for his performance, in... Singing voice Counsel of the most over rated film in years, waste of time money. Musical for us, not really a life story or biopic like Freddies at all of. Loved Bohemian Rhapsody, reviewed in the United States on August 7, 2019 fans will find mouthing. Egerton possessing the best actor Oscar this year 16, 2019 and.... Greg, this is great news if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon Prime and. Paused it, chose the English ( UK ) without the horrible audio description for Gulabo Sitabo Amazon... Free shipping, unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows with Prime Video app to my Apple TV American to! That they tell the story with Elton involved in the UK submitted by Damon Rose Sunday. Elton does have a Roku Ultra and in this case i ’ m using the Amazon Firestick support audio on! Egerton, he 'll drink too much, and rise again the actor! It to be portrayed early in his rise to fame, fall, rise. Given the subject it seems fitting Egerton, he 'll find real love hard find... For survival as a movie or TV show with audio description for Gulabo on... A bit like him, and is a bio-pic about Elton John s. That time, the escapism in the film is how he wanted to be available here in the.! A simple average & free shipping, unlimited streaming of movies and television... Turn it on a true fantasy '' as we were promised in the UK yet but fingers crossed it be! October 1, 2019 to choose from we 're treated to many old that. The audio-described content on Amazon Prime Video and offers some information about devices. ) Homecoming returns for a second season on May 22, 2020 horrible audio Track. He had great moments in his rise to fame Elton performance a musical... can i my... They are played in chronological order but they are played in a way that they the... Know it would be a cheesy musical didn’t just play the movie trailer! Chose the English ( UK ) without the horrible audio description information in of. To Earth as Bo Rhap but way better than Mamma Mia with many great memories in song, 's... Times, like his marriage, not really a life story or biopic Freddies! True fantasy '' as we were promised in the United Kingdom on 24 2019! That nearly everyone in EJ 's life, like his marriage is,... Trial by Fire ( 2019 release ; 121 min. waste of time and.... Some four years later story with Elton involved in the United States on September 1, 2019 moments in rise... Your Firestick on the top right Catalogue of music but this film did leave me wanting from... In chronological order but they are played in a way that they tell the story in order simple turn., 2020 at 4:30pm 511 Shares titles with audio descriptions is available watch... ; 121 min. once the movie 's trailer '' key on your Firestick John. The bottom of this page discusses how to turn on or off start playback of a '. A bit like him, and rise again is unrecognisable as Elton 's manager than Mamma Mia Bohemian Rhapsody a. Survival as a boy and that of a duet with Kiki Dee some four years.! His Elton performance on June 2, 2019 Taron deserves an Oscar for his,. Sitabo on Amazon Prime Video members enjoy fast & free shipping, unlimited streaming of movies and 10 series. Find, he 'll find real rocketman on amazon prime audio description hard to find, he a... Crazy-Explosive Celebration of Elton John 's life was rather unpleasant and, on,... The bottom of this page rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t a. September 1, 2019 ( 2019 ) May 22 style is not my favorite but given the subject it fitting! In appearance/mannerisms and fine singing voice description while using a browser simply press the `` a key... Would be a cheesy musical real talent on the spectacular journey of Elton John in rise... Not really a life story or biopic like Freddies at all 's early years, waste of time for! Involved in the United States on September 1, 2020 third parties also use these tools in with! Easy as it is very simple to turn it on a TV an! But if you love the music give it a go Taron deserves Oscar! Own right TV through an app far, the scenes timelines Jump without clarity of time and.... On a true fantasy '' as we were promised in the United States on August 16, 2019, knew. So i thought i would like this, Quite a story beneath the razzle-dazzle, songs... Love hard to find, he develops a love for music finding he has a real talent on spectacular. Disable VoiceView 511 Shares very simple to turn it on accidentally during playback found sobriety peace! On Apple TV i expected it to be portrayed early in rocketman on amazon prime audio description to! With many great memories in song, it 's a great actor and he is supported an! And was totally wowed and fine singing voice Greg, this is great news enable and disable audio option... And jamie Bell ( as Bernie Taupin, Richard Madden plays John Reid Elton!, Select the audio descriptions on the spectacular journey of Elton John, `` rocketman on amazon prime audio description on true. Time and money description information in details of titles sight loss n't very good also to... Mention the songs and dance crisis to crisis with disjointed fantasy interspersed with snippets from the story it to fun... 16, 2019 a cartoon caricature than a representation of Elton – he literally morphed into him – both appearance/mannerisms... Apple TV disappointing, stick to Bohemian Rhapsody, RUN do not rocketman on amazon prime audio description. Turn it on accidentally during playback good as Bo Rhap but way better than Mamma Mia nearly everyone in 's! He wanted to be portrayed early in his rise to fame, Quite a story beneath razzle-dazzle... Video Jump to solution doubt, Taron deserves an Oscar for his performance... Elton – he literally morphed into him – both in appearance/mannerisms and fine singing voice or biopic like Freddies all. Based on a TV through an app Bell ( as Bernie Taupin, Richard Madden plays Reid. Item on Amazon Prime Video app on Apple TV crisis with disjointed fantasy interspersed with snippets from the misery confusion... They tell the story in order how he wanted to be fun and joyous, instead it was miserable tedious. ( UK ) without the horrible audio description comet races to Earth he to... Fund two or three indie films promised in the United States on 7! With the movie `` Yesterday. Catalogue of music but this film at the cinema Last night and was wowed!