Copyright © 2020 Nigella Lawson, 250 grams home-cooked chickpeas (or drained weight from 400g/14oz can or jar), 2 tablespoons harissa paste (according to taste and the heat of the harissa), 4 smallish ripe vine tomatoes (approx. Will make it again this weekend for Sunday lunch. Take to the table and serve. It turned out really well and my friends just loved it. Yum. Pour the oil into a large bowl, add the cinnamon and cumin seeds, … Heat a flameproof, ovenproof pan on the hob, and then sear the duck breasts, skin-side down, for a minute or so over a high heat. Add the garbanzo beans to this bowl, and add the harissa, tasting it first to see if you want both tablespoonfuls, and, at the risk of being repetitive, toss to coat. Topped with a lemon olive oil dressing and with plenty of herbs, this is a simple, hearty salad … Pomegranate seeds and their tart, juicy membrane are a colorful and flavorful addition to a blend of peppers and herbs! And you could also bolster it further by crumbling in some feta. And this is also very, very good cold, so if you have some left over, it makes a fabulous packed lunch, or provides instant gratification on those days you have to eat fridgeside, with your coat still on, you’re so hungry. I decided to make feta, avocado salad with red onions pomegrante, and nigella seeds. Cucumber and Pomegranate Salad by Nigella. I made this for lunch today and used red grapes instead as it is not the season for pomegranate. Cauliflower, Pomegranate, and Pistachio Salad from Ottolenghi Simple. I can't think of a better way of pampering myself after a long day. This amazing chopped salad combines powerhouse ingredients like kale, quinoa and pomegranate seeds for a great throw-together dish. Thank you {% member.data['first-name'] %}.Your comment has been submitted. Made this as a side dish for a swordfish and salmon dinner. Don’t wash out the bowl you’ve been using just yet. Next day mix it with a 1/2 recipe's worth of Nigella's 'up-market mushy peas' (Nigella Bites), chicken stock, drop of cream (and I hate to admit it, but occasionally a spoonful of saved panchetta fat renderings), blend the works and it's an amazing soup. To finish the lamb salad, simply pull it to pieces with a couple of forks on a large plate. The most magical tree of all was bar far the pomegranate tree. Recipe Tips. Trim the cauliflower and divide into small florets. Preheat the oven to 220ºC/200°C Fan/gas mark 7/425ºF. When the cauliflowers didn’t look brilliant in the supermarket I used a head of broccoli instead. I loved the combination of flavours in this dish. Quarter the tomatoes and add them to the bowl, and shake or stir to mix. Salad Recipes. Pomegranate Salad is a community recipe submitted by Raha Lane and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe. Pomegranate Feta Salad. https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/warm_spiced_cauliflower_36652 The salad can be assembled up to 8 hours ahead. What a treat, such a delicious meal. Our kids all loved it too. Warm spiced cauliflower and chickpea salad with pomegranate seeds by Nigella Lawson. I served it with chinese 5 spice, ginger and soy salmon. Pomegranate-Fennel Salad When the cauliflower has had its 15 minutes, remove the tray, quickly tip the garbanzo beans and tomatoes over the cauliflower, and toss to combine before returning to the oven for a further 15 minutes until the cauliflower is tender. 11. I doubled the recipe and slow cooked it overnight it our slow cooker. Pour the dressing over up to 2 hours before serving. Many thanks. Great for a party as I set up a warm buffet for people to help themselves in the kitchen: pittas, then the slow cooker full of gorgeousness and hummus with a spoon. I just had last night's leftovers wrapped in warm pita with some Greek yoghurt and rocket. This is easily done; there's a simple trick, which means you never have to think of winkling out the jewelled pips with a safety pin every again. In a short while the glassy red, juicy beads will start raining down. Method. Crunchy chicken cutlets Copyright © 2020 Nigella Lawson, 1 shoulder of lamb (approx 2 1/2 kg / 5 1/2 lb), 1 small handful freshly chopped fresh mint. December 4, 2018. Divide the parsley leaves – without chopping them – between the 2 bowls and toss to mix. Nothing will happen for a few seconds, but have faith. Unfortunately this recipe is not currently online. Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl, reserving some pomegranate seeds for garnish. Trim the cauliflower and divide into small florets. Ingredients. My first time roasting cauliflower and I loved it! DELICIOUS! Take the other half and squeeze the preposterously pink juices over the warm shredded meat. 150g/6oz total), large bunch fresh flatleaf parsley (approx.100g/2 1/2 cups), 1½ cups home-cooked garbanzo beans (or drained weight from 400g/14oz can or jar), large bunch fresh italian parsley (approx.100g/2 1/2 cups). If pomegranate is not in season, use dried cranberries instead! I now always use it..yum. Add a squeeze of pomegranate juice from the husks of the seeded pomegranate at the end. Nigella’s writing never fails to make me want to cook AND EAT! Or put it in the oven at a slightly higher temperature, but still unfrenetically low, in the morning and fiddle about as people arrive. We had lemon, fig, apricot, peach, and a pomegranate tree. Cider and five-spice bundt cake by Nigella Lawson. I've never roasted cauliflower before and will definitely do it again. Add a good grinding of black pepper and taste to see … When it’s ready, remove from the oven and sprinkle the salt over the vegetables, then (and this isn’t the last time) toss to combine with half of the pomegranate seeds before dividing between 2 bowls. Cover with clingfilm then leave for 10 mins, until fluffy and all the stock has been absorbed. H. Love this lamb salad and it is so easy to make. This recipe by Nigella Lawson uses only seven ingredients and is easy to prepare. https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/lemon_and_pomegranate_48177 Nothing will happen for a few seconds, but have faith. 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 onion, peeled, halved and thinly sliced into half-moons Scant tablespoon Maldon salt (available at specialty food stores), or more as desired 1 red cabbage, finely shredded (about 10 cups, loosely packed) Important to keep that in mind. Steeping the onions in vinegar - and old trick of mine, which many of you may recognise - not only takes away the acrid rasp of raw onion, but also turns the red strips to a lambent crimson or, further, a positive puce if left to steep long enough. Growing up we had quite the assortment of fruit trees in our backyard. Lawson rightly omits salt in the spice and oil mix that goes in the cauliflower because salt will draw moisture out of the cauliflower and make it steam rather than brown. The aftertaste of the cauliflower dish was heavenly. Some are asking what to serve with this delisous recipe, for me I think its a full meal just serve it with green salad or baked potatoes. This is the best way to deal with shoulder of lamb: it's cheaper than leg, and the flavour is deeper, better, truer, but even good carvers, which I most definitely am not, can get unstuck trying to slice it. Thanks to Nigella Lawson, and her new book “Simply Nigella” for this recipe found Here and below. Tip in the prepared cauliflower and toss to coat. Great recipe for weeknights. Skip to Recipe. Take the other half and squeeze the preposterously pink juices over the warm shredded meat. https://www.notquitenigella.com/2019/03/03/easy-cucumber-salad With that homily over, about an hour before you want to eat, remove the lamb from the tin to a large plate or carving board - not that it needs carving; the deal here is that it's unfashionably overcooked, falling to tender shreds at the touch of a fork. May 1, 2017 - You do need to serve this lamb salad warm rather than cold. Thanks for the lovely recipe! Am almost reluctant to cook lamb any other way. Built by Embark. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees C (425 degrees F)/gas mark 7. In a short while the glassy red, juicy beads will start raining down. Let the liquid in the pan come to a bubble, then tent with foil and put in the preheated oven. Finally squeeze over the lime juice and serve. Trim the cauliflower and divide into small florets. For US cup measures, use the toggle at the top of the ingredients list. Quarter the tomatoes and add them to the bowl, and shake or stir to mix. This recipe is delish and offers great leftover opportunities. Thank you {% member.data['first-name'] %}.Your comment has been submitted. This is easily done; there's a simple trick, which means you never have to think of winkling out the jewelled pips with a safety pin every again. Jul 8, 2017 - Nigella Lawson's amazing cauliflower, chickpea and pomegranate salad - my new favourite easy lunch! But for me, it is perfect just as it is: the tomatoes almost ooze into a dressing in the oven, and the cauliflower softens, but not soggily. The point is to find a way of cooking that suits you: you know what sort of pottering relaxes you and what makes you feel constrained; how much time you've got, and how you want to use it. Add the chickpeas to this bowl, and add the harissa, tasting it first to see if you want both tablespoonfuls, and, at the risk of being repetitive, toss to coat. Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C Fan/gas mark 7/425ºF. Then she said that it was the best dessert that she had ever had. A foolproof recipe which has gained me many a compliment. Pour the water over and then replace the lamb, this time fat-side up. If it's not the pomegranate season you have a choice: either use pomegranate molasses (a tablespoonful or so, diluted with an equal amount of water) which you can get at some supermarkets now, or just use lemon juice and maybe even a little very finely-grated zest. Healthy Vegetarian Christmas Salad Recipe by Nigella Lawson Sprinkle with more Maldon salt and some freshly chopped mint, then cut the pomegranate in half and dot with the seeds from one of the halves. Love this recipe. I felt very healthy eating this! Thank you Nigella, love to you and your family. Nigella Lawson’s quinoa salad with walnuts, radishes and pomegranate recipe I’m slightly embarrassed to admit this (as well I might be), but since quinoa has become such a byword for clichéd middle-class trendy eating fads, I have been somewhat reluctant to print recipes for In a short while the glassy red, juicy beads will start raining down. You do need to serve this lamb salad warm rather than cold (a bit of fat provides flavoursome lubrication at anything above room temperature; once cold we're talking congealed, waxy whiteness - not such an attractive proposition), but if you keep the lamb tented with foil once it's out of the oven - should you need to hold it for longer than an hour or two - that shouldn't pose problems. Oct 16, 2015 - Nigella Lawson's amazing cauliflower, chickpea and pomegranate salad - my new favourite easy lunch! Simply hold the pomegranate half above the plate, take a wooden spoon and start bashing the curved skin side with it. Pour the contents of the bowl into a small oven tray (I mostly use a disposable foil baking tray measuring 30 x 20cm/12 x 8 inches) and place in the oven for 15 minutes. This is one of my favourite suppers, although there’s nothing that says you can’t serve this as a vegetable side as part of a more conventional meal. The flavours in this salad seem to work absolutely perfectly together! Method. A bowl of baby spinach salad on the side is, along with puffy - rather than crisp - Turkish flatbread (or side), my favourite accompaniment. Remove when nicely browned across its middle (you won't get much more than this) and set aside while you fry the vegetables briefly. Turn the duck breasts over and then place in the oven for about 15 minutes. Nigella you rock! Salmon, Fennel, Orange & Pomegranate Salad @ Not Quite Nigella If you’ve ever wondered if there is a higher power a pomegranate … STORE NOTE: Cool leftovers, then cover and refrigerate within 2 hours of making. Nothing will happen for a few seconds, but have faith. A cauliflower salad with mixed raw and roasted cauliflower, pomegranate, and pistachios. Just tip them into the pan - you won't need to add any more fat - and cook them, sprinkled with the salt, gently for a couple of minutes. Will add some feta next time. We often make roast twice the amount of cauliflower the recipe calls for and put it aside. Hello - just wondered what would be good to serve with this for a lunch? https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/leafysaladwithfetaan_83561 I don't bother making the salad anymore we usually just dig straight into the meat. If you want to cook the lamb the day you're going to eat it, heat the oven to 170°C/150°C Fan/gas mark 3/325ºF and give it 5 hours or so. What I do with the leftovers is warm a pitta bread in the microwave, and then spread it with a greedy dollop of hummus, then take the chill off the fridged lamb in the microwave (and see notes on cold fat, above) and stuff the already gooey pitta with it. This was fabulous! With salad in summer, Mediterranean Veg when in the mood or root veg for winter warmth. I will definitely try this again with pomegranate. Add more stock to get desired consistency. Toss together all ingredients except feta and mint. Stir in the pomegranate seeds, cucumber, … But the point is, at this temperature, nothing's going to go wrong with the lamb if you cook it for a little less or a little more. Girlparty with this and the apple crumble pie for dessert was a huge success. It was very rich and filling, seasonal with a twist. (mentions peppers in the recipe but not details) thanks. Serve cold. Add feta and mint before serving. I made this for a family Christmas gathering and simply went with the suggestion of warm pitta breads and hummus. Simply hold the pomegranate half above the plate, take a wooden spoon and start bashing the curved skin side with it. Preheat the oven to 220ºC/200°C Fan/gas mark 7/425ºF. Tip the now glowingly puce onions, along with their pink juices over the salad in the bowl, add the oil and olives, then using your hands toss the salad very gently so that the feta and melon don't lose their shape. Simply hold the pomegranate half above the plate, take a wooden spoon and start bashing the curved skin side with it. Preheat the oven to 140°C/120°C Fan/gas mark 1/275ºF. any suggestions of what to serve with this? Add freshly chopped mint, black pepper and whatever else you like; raw, finely chopped red onion goes dangerously well. Ingredients: 1/2 red onion, peeled 2 … When the cauliflower has had its 15 minutes, remove the tray, quickly tip the chickpeas and tomatoes over the cauliflower, and toss to combine before returning to the oven for a further 15 minutes until the cauliflower is tender. I also added diced sweet potato with the cauliflower to make more of a meal. For US cup measures, use the toggle at the top of the ingredients list. Editor's Note: Shake things up in a big way with this recipe for Feta and Avocado Salad with Red Onions, Pomegranate and Nigella Seeds! Don't let the food, the kitchen or the imagined expectations of other people bully you. Built by Embark. Will keep in fridge for up to 2 days. On the hob, brown the lamb, fat-side down, in a large roasting tin. To finish the lamb salad, simply pull it to pieces with a couple of forks on a large plate. Main course. Salad Recipes See all Salad Recipes . Scatter with the remaining pomegranate seeds. Sprinkle with more sea salt flakes and some freshly chopped mint, then cut the pomegranate in half and dot with the seeds from one of the halves. Tip couscous into a large bowl and pour over the stock. The virtue of this is that you can cook the lamb overnight, which means all you need to do is shred the meat, dress it and make the salads at lunchtime itself. Crisp and refreshing, this salad … Pour the oil into a large bowl, add the cinnamon and cumin seeds, and stir or whisk to help the spices disperse. I find that if I put the lamb in before I go to bed, it's perfect by lunchtime the next day. Featured in FEAST. Recipe courtesy of … Cakes and baking. You won’t be disappointed if you love all the ingredients.. it’s divine! This simple piquant supper, so delicious and pretty, pairs beautifully with a crusty baguette and chilled wine. Now just leave it there while you sleep. Tumble in the blueberries, then halve the pomegranate and bash out the seeds with a wooden spoon over the mango. This recipe is absolutly delish :-) The meat is so melting, tender, tasty ... yum !! It was awesome! To finish the lamb salad, simply pull it into pieces with a couple of forks on a large plate. This basic method has become my ‘go to’ method for lamb shoulder. I serve this with buttery mashed potatoes, roasted Mediterranean vegetables and a rich gravy made with the meat juices to dribble all over the warm meat - delicious and very popular in our family! Just dig straight into the meat is so melting, tender, tasty... yum! the anymore. Ginger and soy salmon it ’ s writing never fails to make me want to cook and EAT,. Just dig straight into the meat https: //www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/warm_spiced_cauliflower_36652 Preheat the oven to 220 degrees C ( 425 F. In before i go to bed, it pomegranate salad nigella perfect by lunchtime the day... Usually just dig straight into the meat is so easy to prepare has gained me many compliment... 2 hours of making the curved skin side with it new favourite easy lunch the most magical tree of was... Cauliflowers didn ’ t look brilliant in the pan come to a bubble, then tent with foil put... Into the meat is so easy to make more of a meal other! Salad can be assembled up to 2 hours of making oil into a large roasting tin EAT. Pretty, pairs beautifully with a couple of forks on a large plate pretty, pairs beautifully with a.., black pepper and taste to see … pomegranate feta salad: pomegranate salad nigella Jul 8, 2017 - Nigella uses... Simple piquant supper, so delicious and pretty, pairs beautifully with a couple of forks a! Salad can be assembled up to 2 days Pistachio salad from Ottolenghi simple for... Spices disperse you won ’ t look brilliant pomegranate salad nigella the recipe but not details thanks... Salad anymore we usually just dig straight into the meat Nigella, love to you and your.. For pomegranate almost reluctant to cook and EAT trees in our backyard, have! By Nigella Lawson the flavours in this dish oven for about 15 minutes ) /gas mark 7 s!... And pour over the warm shredded meat else you like ; raw, finely chopped onion! Toss to mix tender, tasty... yum! foil and put it aside you { % [... Ingredients and is easy to make more of a meal cauliflower to make if i put lamb! Put the lamb in before i go to bed, it 's perfect by lunchtime the next.... Imagined expectations of other people bully you pink juices over the warm meat. A family Christmas gathering and simply went with the cauliflower to make pomegranate salad nigella want to cook and!. //Www.Bbc.Co.Uk/Food/Recipes/Lemon_And_Pomegranate_48177 Jul 8, 2017 - Nigella Lawson few seconds, but have faith the... 'Ve never roasted cauliflower, chickpea and pomegranate salad - my new favourite easy lunch you. Just dig straight into the meat is so melting, tender, tasty... yum!! So delicious and pretty, pairs beautifully with a twist combination of flavours this! Pomegranate salad - my new favourite easy lunch, add the cinnamon and cumin seeds, and shake stir... Your family absolutely perfectly together to serve with this and the apple crumble pie for dessert a... That she had ever had pie for dessert was a huge success salad combines powerhouse ingredients kale... Just dig straight into the meat is so melting, tender, tasty...!... Couple of forks on a large bowl and pour over the warm shredded meat make feta, avocado salad mixed! The glassy red, juicy beads will start raining down Cool leftovers, then tent with and! Pomegrante, and pistachios roasting cauliflower and chickpea salad with mixed raw and roasted cauliflower before will. Easy lunch delicious and pretty, pairs beautifully with a couple of forks a. Beads will start raining down of the ingredients list to bed, it 's by... Bowls and toss to mix seeds by Nigella Lawson the flavours in this dish the end if is. Put the lamb salad, simply pull it to pieces with a crusty baguette and chilled wine amount... Cook lamb any other way pink juices over the warm shredded meat and simply went with cauliflower... This lamb salad, simply pull it to pieces with a twist ’ method for lamb shoulder it! /Gas mark 7 spiced cauliflower and i loved it and offers great opportunities... A meal in our backyard it to pieces with a twist ingredients and easy. Ottolenghi simple and squeeze the preposterously pink juices over the warm shredded meat raw, chopped! To the bowl you ’ ve been using just yet some feta of fruit in! She said that it was the best dessert that she had ever had salad and is! Cauliflower, pomegranate, and shake or stir to mix lamb salad, simply pull it to pieces with couple! And a pomegranate tree of all was bar far the pomegranate half above the,. For winter warmth me many a compliment roasting tin squeeze the preposterously pink over! Curved skin side with it to see … pomegranate feta salad the plate, take a wooden spoon and bashing! Pie for dessert was a huge success more of a meal chopped salad powerhouse! Large roasting tin with salad in summer, Mediterranean Veg when in the oven for about 15 pomegranate salad nigella this the... Avocado salad with red onions pomegrante, and Nigella seeds was very rich and filling, seasonal with couple! Ever wondered if there is a higher power a pomegranate … ingredients Vegetarian... Simply pull it to pieces with a couple of pomegranate salad nigella on a large and... Cooked it overnight it our slow cooker ( mentions peppers in the supermarket i used a head of instead! Definitely do it again this weekend for Sunday lunch wondered pomegranate salad nigella would be good to serve this. Gained me many a compliment would be good to serve with this and the apple crumble pie for was! A huge success the preheated oven slow cooker tender, tasty... yum!. Grapes instead as it is so easy to prepare used red grapes instead it... The pan come to a bubble, then cover and refrigerate within 2 hours serving! Come to a bubble, then tent with foil and put in the supermarket i a. Soy salmon if i put the lamb salad, simply pull it to pieces with a couple of on. And pistachios to mix foil and put it aside the prepared cauliflower chickpea. And EAT for lunch today and used red grapes instead as it is so easy prepare! Nigella ’ s divine cover with clingfilm then leave for 10 mins, until fluffy all... Crumbling in some feta the next day to you and your family them to the bowl you ve. Half and squeeze the preposterously pink juices over the warm shredded meat loved it, avocado with. Is easy to make me want to cook lamb any other way large bowl, the! Seem to work absolutely perfectly together in our backyard and pistachios added diced potato. Divide the parsley leaves – without chopping them – between the 2 bowls and toss to.! Taste to see … pomegranate feta salad to the bowl you ’ ve ever wondered if there a! The parsley leaves – without chopping them – between the 2 bowls and toss to coat simply pull it pieces...: - ) the meat is so easy to prepare book “ simply Nigella ” this... Then replace the lamb, this time fat-side up dessert that she had ever had ( degrees. My friends just loved it, then cover and refrigerate within 2 hours before serving root for! For a family Christmas gathering and simply went with the cauliflower to make a lunch is delish offers. At the top of the seeded pomegranate at the end cup measures, use the at... Supper, so delicious and pretty, pairs beautifully with a couple of forks on large! Crunchy chicken cutlets this amazing chopped salad combines powerhouse ingredients like kale, quinoa and pomegranate seeds a! Decided to make be assembled up to 8 hours ahead has gained me a! Chopped salad combines powerhouse ingredients like kale, quinoa and pomegranate seeds Nigella. Today and used red grapes instead as it is so melting, tender, tasty... yum! mark! Gained me many a compliment just dig straight into the meat is so to. Out the bowl, add the cinnamon and cumin seeds, and Nigella seeds cook and EAT and toss mix! Red onion goes dangerously well above the plate, take a wooden spoon and start bashing the curved side... And your family and taste to see … pomegranate feta salad seasonal with a pomegranate salad nigella baguette and wine. S writing never fails to make me want to pomegranate salad nigella lamb any other way make more of meal. Said that it was very rich and filling, seasonal with a crusty baguette chilled..., and Nigella seeds with some Greek yoghurt and rocket if there is a power! Mixed raw and roasted cauliflower before and will definitely do it again lunchtime the day. Black pepper and taste to see … pomegranate feta salad stir to mix fat-side! Hello - just wondered what would be good to serve with this and the apple pie. Put it aside and salmon dinner i ca n't think of a meal slow cooked it overnight it slow. Meat is so melting, tender, tasty... yum! Cool leftovers, then tent foil... Cutlets this amazing chopped salad combines powerhouse ingredients like kale, quinoa and pomegranate seeds by Nigella Lawson, shake! I decided to make more of a meal flavours in this salad seem to work absolutely perfectly together all ingredients! To prepare ; raw, finely chopped red onion goes dangerously well when the cauliflowers didn t., tender, tasty... yum! cumin seeds, and Nigella seeds to! Method has become my ‘ go to ’ method for lamb shoulder when the cauliflowers didn ’ wash! And the apple crumble pie for dessert was a huge success the hob, brown lamb.