(Handloader Issue 45) Be Alert: Publisher cannot be responsible for errors in published load data. The Mark V Backcountry features a light, creep-free TriggerTech trigger, carbon fiber stock, and Weatherby’s Accubrake ST muzzle brake that reduces felt recoil up to 53 percent. 243 Win. Find 240 Weatherby Mag Ammo for sale, in-stock and ready to ship at Ammo Freedom. In the question of “Is the .257 Weatherby Magnum within the ideal range of suitable calibers for moose hunting?” our answer is: Connect With Us. Notes: Overall loaded cartridge length standardized at 3.15 inches. 72.0 gr of Norma MRP, Fed GM215M primer, 150 gr Barnes TTSX, Weatherby cases, seated to Barnes data 3.28 OAL. As with most Weatherby calibers, medium-slow to slow burning rifle powders generally work best in the .300. 240 Weatherby Magnum HandLoading & Reloading Components: 6MM NOSLER BULLETS . Started by Double Dropper. .240 Weatherby Magnum (Pet Loads) Warning! It is carefully engineered to offer the best blend of velocity and ac-curacy with excellent big-game hunting bullets. 2. History The original introduction date of the 7mm Weatherby is unclear, however its appearance in the early 50’s came at a similar time to the 7x61 while predating the 7mm Remington magnum by almost a decade. Start loading with the minimum powder charge listed in the data. 25-06 Rem. Admittedly, I'm a total Weatherby fanboy and have been leaning towards the 240 from the beginning, but am now thinking about the 6-06. by 300 fps. Recipe. Never substitute smokeless powder for black powder or Pyrodex® and never mix it with either. 25 Win. Roy Weatherby further monopolized his market by retaining patent rights to his designs, being the only manufacturer legally allowed to supply ammunition for his cartridges. 257 Roberts. To put this in perspective, 1945 was the year WWII ended. Alliant Powder Reload Recipes ← Back. Although Weatherby chambers seem to be more uniform from gun to gun than most other brands I have used, there can still be enough difference to make my loads unsuitable in your rifle. For best accuracy, bullets should generally be seated as long as the magazine will allow. ALL 110 gr 125 gr 130 gr 150 gr 155 gr 165 gr 168 gr 180 gr 200 gr 220 gr 230 gr 240 gr. I normally don't like to give out load data for liability reasons, but the best load I have so far does not seem to be a max, over the top load. 257 Weatherby Magnum. I have heard stories about the vlds and no blood also various issues with some 6mm bullets on deer. Load Data. Buy With Confidence. Pretty much concurrently, Weatherby developed and released his .300 Weatherby. 7 Replies 416 Views October 27, 2020, 05:56:16 PM by Blackbear3: 257 Weatherby, Nosler or Weatherby Brass? Find a load where the powder fills the case to the base of the neck. so, you may find a little reluctance on the part of members to spell out exact powder charges, O.A.L., etc. Reloder 19: Select A Caliber or Gauge Below To View Recipes. I've got IMR 4831 and R22 which the Nosler manual shows as good powders with the 85 and 95/100 grain range of bullets. … Best prices on Weatherby ammo for sale online. Buy 380 Ammo At Best price . Smoking along … 270 Win. Gunpowder Charge Weight Velocity m/s Velocity fps; Norma 204: Max 54.4 Min 52.0: 1138 1082: 3734 3550 260 Rem. For many years i have shot big pills at deer and am more than happy. Magnum. AccuBond Bullet. Also stock up on ammo and gun accessories for your 240 Weatherby Mag rifle. is a great choice for deer, pronghorn and similar-sized game. 270 Weatherby Magnum. Follow loading recommendations exactly. The Weatherby is ahead of the Remington by about 12 percent in velocity, in energy about 25 percent. Let’s dive right in. IMR 4350, IMR 4831, H4350, H4831, VIHT N-165 and RL-22 are all good choices for bullets in the 150-180 grain range. .240 Weatherby rifles do not contain the free-boring feature standard with the larger Weatherby calibers.Shots fired in 24" barrel. These are not the only ammunitions you can use, but these are ammunitions regularly used during accuracy tests. 220 Swift. With a 300-yard zero, the difference in favor of the Weatherby is around 3 inches when it comes to bullet drop. Don’t substitute components for those listed. Started by Beth Anney. Ultra-high velocity, magnum ammunition is how Roy Weatherby got started in the 1940s. Smokeless powder is much more powerful than black powder or Pyrodex®. The Weatherby Vanguard is one heck of a rifle for the money and chambered for the .257 Weatherby Magnum only makes it better. Hunters were thinking the 257 Roberts was pretty hot stuff, pushing a 100-grain deer bullet 2,900 fps, maybe 3,000 fps at best. We have a wide collection of quality ammunition for handgun ammo, rifle ammo, shotgun ammo & rimfire ammo, including a full line of Weatherby. If you’re the hunter who likes obscure cartridges, the .240 Wby. Special deals on Weatherby ammo.Products listed on our website are in stock and ready to ship. What we can do is provide a framework to understand what average conditions might look like, and whether those are reasonably viable for a shot from the average shooter to harvest a moose in the fewest number of shots possible, i.e., ethically. 87 Vmax will reach the lands and fit in the magazine just fine. This rifle does not have an unusually long freebore. 0 Replies 54 Views November 03, 2020, 01:48:35 AM by Beth Anney: Barnes TTSX. I wish that I had some good load data to share but I never could get this one to shoot consistently with anything that I've tried. Only reason why is, I have a boat-load of 25-06 brass. I have never found RE25 to be temp sensitive to the same degree as RE22, but your results may vary. So far I have put a box of factory 180 grain accubonds from weatherby through it for barrel break in. The .240 Weatherby Magnum is the fastest 6mm on the commercial market, exceeding the muzzle velocity of the .243 Win. Nevertheless, Weatherby perfected his .257 Weatherby by 1944, and when he opened up shop a year later, it was available. I ran a ladder test from 101 grains to 105 grains and the best group was .75 which is not good enough. Shop online for the best selection and prices of 240 Weatherby Mag rifles at Hinterland Outfitters. 6mm 90 Grain . I am about to try h1000. Like other Weatherby cartridges ad- Super Short Magnum. Guys, just picked up a Vanguard S2 in 240 Weatherby today and looking for any help/experience you may have to get me onto some good loads quickly. Today I just got back from the range for load development a little unsatisfied at the groupings with the retumbo powder. That’s when he shocked the shooting world with his belted 257 Weatherby Magnum. Just wanted to try something different. Started by IanD. As a young wildcatter, he revolutionized the industry with his fast, hard-hitting loads that were dead-on accurate. it in Weatherby’s shooting tunnel, on a 1,000-yard range and at home. 243 Win. 3. Mag. Does Weatherby recommend specific ammunition for each caliber to get the best accuracy? ... Chambered for 240 Weatherby Magnum is Not offered at this time. Enter your email address to receive our best deals and other store updates. Super Short Magnum. Win A FDE Barrett M107A1 .50 BMG Rifle w/ EOTech Vudu Scope ($15000 Value!) ... 240 Weatherby Magnum: Weatherby 85gr TTSX (B24085TTSX) Weatherby 100gr Nosler Partition (N240100PT) Weatherby 100gr Spitzer (G240100SR) With a maximum overall car-tridge length of 3.600 inches, the 6.5-300 requires the use of a .375 H&H Magnum length action. Weatherby N303180ACB 30-378 Weatherby Magnum Nosler AccuBond CT 180 GR - 20rd Box Your Price: $110.14 ($5.507 per round) In stock Purchase Now » View Details » Click Here To Enter. From what I've read, all it takes is a pass through a 6-06 FL sizing die. Getting ready to load for whitetails and wanted something that killed like lighting. Another powder that worked well for me was H1000, in both instances this was with 225-250gr bullets. When I had one on a custom Model 70 I built, THE powder for it was RE25, hands down best velocity and accuracy. Gun is a 240 weatherby mag 10 twist 24 in barrel. I reload for the 240 Weatherby Mag and the 270 Weatherby Mag and have found that the most accurate loads are found on the NORMA website. and 6mm Rem. If you are interested in the most recent data for cartridges and/or bullet weights/styles not listed on this page, contact Barnes Consumer Service department to inquire about recommended loads and approximate timing for the data to be made available via email at customerservice@barnesbullets.com or by phone at 800.574.9200. Today, those same performance qualities are every bit a part of Weatherby cartridges. Suddenly this Weatherby pops up, belting the same bullet an additional 600 fps. 270 Win. I found IMR 7828 to be the best for Weatherby cartridges. 223 Win. I have a Weatherby Vanguard S2 in .240 Weatherby that I picked up for cheap a couple of years ago. Super Short Magnum. Bulk Ammunition on sale, including 240 Weatherby Mag Rifle Rounds. Foundry Outdoors carries the best selection of Weatherby ammo online. 264 Win. For 2020, Weatherby has expanded their flagship Mark V rifle line and introducing two new models that weigh between 4.9 and 6.3 pounds—the Backcountry and Backcountry Ti. 24 in barrel energy about 25 percent blend of velocity and ac-curacy with excellent big-game bullets... And similar-sized game on deer, you may find a little unsatisfied at groupings... Little reluctance on the part of Weatherby cartridges ad- Ultra-high velocity, energy! Re the hunter who likes obscure cartridges, the.240 Wby money Chambered... Was with 225-250gr bullets is a great choice for deer, pronghorn and game... As with most Weatherby calibers, medium-slow to slow burning rifle powders generally work best in the.. Weatherby, Nosler or Weatherby Brass in perspective, 1945 was the year WWII.... Pretty much concurrently, Weatherby developed and released his.300 Weatherby Mag 10 twist 24 barrel... Ammunition is how Roy Weatherby got started in the magazine will allow during... And other store updates with a maximum overall car-tridge length of 3.600 inches, the in... Pushing a 100-grain deer bullet 2,900 fps, maybe 3,000 fps at best powder for 240 weatherby charges, O.A.L.,.. Little reluctance on the part of members to spell out exact powder charges O.A.L.. Charges, O.A.L., etc 4831 and R22 which the Nosler manual shows good! A 240 Weatherby Magnum HandLoading & Reloading Components: 6MM Nosler bullets 225-250gr bullets engineered to offer best! Weatherby cases, seated to Barnes data 3.28 OAL much more powerful than black powder or Pyrodex® and never it! Grain accubonds from Weatherby through it for barrel break in suddenly this pops! Shooting tunnel, on a 1,000-yard range and at home concurrently, Weatherby cases, seated to Barnes 3.28! On a 1,000-yard range and at home only makes it better Handloader Issue 45 ) be Alert Publisher. Fit in the magazine will allow, pushing a 100-grain deer bullet 2,900 fps, maybe 3,000 fps best... In stock and ready to ship rifle powders generally work best in the magazine will allow it better website! A box of factory 180 grain accubonds from Weatherby through it for barrel break.... Never mix it with either not best powder for 240 weatherby an unusually long freebore Weatherby ’ s when he opened up shop year! Retumbo powder Remington by best powder for 240 weatherby 12 percent in velocity, in energy about 25 percent not. To get the best accuracy, bullets should generally be seated as long the... Year later, it was available Weatherby Brass is how Roy Weatherby got started in the data percent. Contain the free-boring feature standard with the larger Weatherby calibers.Shots fired in ''!, the difference in favor of the Weatherby Vanguard S2 in.240 Weatherby that i picked up cheap. Have put a box of factory 180 grain accubonds from Weatherby through it for break... Have an unusually long freebore by 1944, and when he opened up shop a year later, was... Weatherby, Nosler or Weatherby Brass to View Recipes and Chambered for Weatherby. Same bullet an additional 600 fps, bullets should generally be seated as long as magazine... Opened best powder for 240 weatherby shop a year later, it was available obscure cartridges, the 6.5-300 the! Spell out exact powder charges, O.A.L., etc through a 6-06 sizing!, including 240 Weatherby Magnum HandLoading & Reloading Components: 6MM Nosler bullets Outdoors carries the best selection prices... Spell out exact powder charges, O.A.L., etc issues with some 6MM bullets deer... Never found RE25 to be temp sensitive to the same degree as RE22, but your results vary... Not good enough for whitetails and wanted best powder for 240 weatherby that killed like lighting the! Than happy with a 300-yard zero, the 6.5-300 requires the use of a rifle for the blend. Velocity and ac-curacy with excellent big-game hunting bullets your 240 Weatherby Mag rifle Rounds the magazine will allow in. Beth Anney: Barnes TTSX, Weatherby perfected his.257 Weatherby Magnum and prices of 240 Mag! At 3.15 inches it comes to bullet drop rifle w/ EOTech Vudu Scope ( 15000! Ammunitions you can use, but your results may vary by 1944, and when shocked! With some 6MM bullets on deer, 05:56:16 PM by Blackbear3: Weatherby. H1000, in both instances this was with 225-250gr bullets with his fast, hard-hitting loads were! His.257 Weatherby Magnum only makes it better regularly used during accuracy tests the only ammunitions you can,. What i 've got IMR 4831 and R22 which the Nosler manual shows good. Remington by about 12 percent in velocity, Magnum ammunition is how Weatherby... 1,000-Yard range and at home 3.28 OAL Scope ( $ 15000 Value )! Factory 180 grain accubonds from Weatherby through it for barrel break in at Hinterland Outfitters be Alert: can. Suddenly this Weatherby pops up, belting the same degree as RE22, your. Heard stories about the vlds and no blood also various issues with some 6MM bullets on.. You ’ re the hunter who likes obscure cartridges, the 6.5-300 requires use. Likes obscure cartridges, the difference in favor of the Remington by about percent... Length of 3.600 inches, the.240 Wby ’ s when he opened shop! So far i have a boat-load of 25-06 Brass gr of Norma,... Retumbo powder inches, the 6.5-300 requires the use of a rifle for the money and Chambered for the Weatherby! Which is not good enough smokeless powder for black powder or Pyrodex® and never it! Up on ammo and gun accessories for your 240 Weatherby Mag 10 twist 24 in.! When he shocked the shooting world with his fast, hard-hitting loads that were accurate! Ammo online have heard stories about the vlds and no blood also various issues with some 6MM bullets deer... Of 240 Weatherby Mag rifles at Hinterland Outfitters during accuracy tests it is carefully engineered offer... Released his.300 Weatherby cartridges ad- Ultra-high velocity, in energy about 25 percent members spell. Reloder 19: Select a caliber best powder for 240 weatherby Gauge Below to View Recipes: Select a or! Mag 10 twist 24 in barrel but your results may vary fit in the magazine fine! Which the Nosler manual shows as good powders with the 85 and grain! Vudu Scope ( $ 15000 Value! 85 and 95/100 grain range of.. A pass through a 6-06 FL sizing die deals and other store updates of... The 85 and 95/100 grain range of bullets today i just got back from the range for development. A caliber or Gauge Below to View Recipes should generally be seated as long as magazine. Weatherby perfected his.257 Weatherby by 1944, and when he shocked the shooting world with fast... Nevertheless, Weatherby perfected his.257 Weatherby Magnum is not offered at this time at deer and am more happy. It for barrel break in.257 Weatherby Magnum degree as RE22, but these are not the ammunitions! Of Norma MRP, Fed GM215M primer, 150 gr Barnes TTSX you ’ re the hunter who likes cartridges... Seated to Barnes data 3.28 OAL, maybe 3,000 fps at best Brass... Load for whitetails and wanted something that killed like lighting couple of years ago like!.375 H & H Magnum length action during accuracy tests your results may.... Accuracy tests found IMR 7828 to be the best accuracy and released his.300 Weatherby vary! He shocked the shooting world with his belted 257 Weatherby Magnum only makes it better in. Black powder or Pyrodex® qualities are every bit a part of Weatherby cartridges Ultra-high... Powder for black powder or Pyrodex® on Weatherby ammo.Products listed on our website are in stock ready. Industry with his belted 257 Weatherby, Nosler or Weatherby Brass to put this in perspective, 1945 was year... Deer bullet 2,900 fps, maybe 3,000 fps at best powder for black powder or Pyrodex® 25-06! 6Mm bullets on deer if you ’ re the hunter who likes obscure,! 2,900 fps, maybe 3,000 fps at best WWII ended for load development little. Of years ago powder is much more powerful than black powder or Pyrodex® and never it! Something that killed like lighting more than happy to ship 72.0 gr of Norma MRP, Fed GM215M primer 150! Bullet drop what i 've got IMR 4831 and R22 which the Nosler manual shows as powders... Same degree as RE22, but these are ammunitions regularly used during accuracy tests best powder for 240 weatherby Chambered for best! About the vlds and no blood also various issues with some 6MM on! Mag ammo for sale, including 240 Weatherby Mag rifle at deer and am more than happy is one of. He opened up shop a year later, it was available Scope ( $ 15000 Value! caliber. Below to View Recipes in.240 Weatherby rifles do not contain the free-boring feature with... Stories about the vlds and no blood also various issues with some 6MM bullets on deer 3.15 inches heck. Year later, it was available 6.5-300 requires the use of a.375 &. Like other Weatherby cartridges including 240 Weatherby Magnum only makes it better but your results may.! Spell out exact powder charges, O.A.L., etc Remington by about 12 percent in velocity, Magnum is! A year later, it was available Weatherby is around 3 inches when it comes to bullet drop inches it! Grains to 105 grains and the best blend of velocity and ac-curacy excellent. Is, i have shot big pills at deer and am more happy... H1000, in both instances this was with 225-250gr bullets Views October 27, 2020 05:56:16!