COVID-19 Update: Following the recent government announcement the centre will remain closed for the time being.Read More This information will not be used for any purpose other than enabling you to post a comment. This Italian-inspired dish includes Jumbo Shells pasta, which have been stuffed with a variety of ingredients and baked with sauce and cheese in a casserole dish. Repeat with the remaining shells, cover with mozzarella cheese and the remaining 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese. Join us on our cooking and cocktail adventure! There is just something so homey and comforting about stuffed shells. We LOVE pasta recipes! Beef Stuffed Shells are perfect for a Sunday dinner, but easy enough for a weeknights too! See more ideas about stuffed shells, stuffed pasta shells, stuffed shells recipe. Stuff the shells generously with the filling and place in the baking dish. Remove from heat. I tackled a recipe that I have always avoided because most of the stuffed shells I have seen have ricotta cheese. We LOVE pasta recipes! As noted above, baked stuffed shells are more of an American-Italian dish, but they can be filled with the same fillings as manicotti and ravioli, for example. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired. 7Bake for 25 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. The jumbo shells are stuffed with ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, spinach, onions and garlic. Here’s my take on stovetop beef bolognese with ricotta stuffed shells! These super beefy, super cheesy stuffed shells are so easy to make! Home meat stuffed shells without ricotta. You can use cottage cheese instead of ricotta. Spoon about 1/4 cup cheese stuffing mixture into each shell and place in baking dish in a single layer. Spoon a small amount of sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish . That makes dinner easier and parties easier, too. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Toss together a nice salad and serve with some dinner rolls and you’re off to the races. shells, oregano, eggplant, diced bell pepper, part-skim ricotta cheese and 5 more Meat & Cheese Stuffed Shells The Midnight Baker fresh parsley, pepper, shells, lean ground beef… Instead of making the sauce with tomato paste, hot water, oregano and beef bouillon – you can substitute with a jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce. If there is a lot of grease after the beef cooks you can drain it and add it back to the skillet. Pour in the beef and spinach filling and mix together. Pour off excess drippings, if necessary. Stuffed shells are one of my favorite meals to make. There’s also plain old cheese stuffed shells if that’s your thing…. COPYRIGHT 2020 MANTITLEMENT. Get the latest recipes sent right to your inbox! Stir to combine then remove from the heat. Try some of the cocktails and drinks we’re mixing up this week! 2Cook pasta according to package directions, drain well and set aside. This sauce over any pasta, stuffed or unstuffed, is amazing. STUFFED SHELL FILLING. Add the spinach, garlic, salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano to the beef. Don’t forget the Garlic Bread on the side… I like the creaminess of cottage cheese but I know a lot of people are averse to it. A good substitution would be chopped broccoli, but you can just leave it our altogether and just use the beef and cheese. Stir ground beef and garlic into cheese stuffing mixture. Ricotta Stuffed Shells With Butternut Squash Sauce Scaling Back half and half, extra virgin olive oil, grated nutmeg, ricotta cheese and 16 more Cheeseburger Stuffed Shells Tablespoon Baking Tips For Stuffed Pasta Shells with Ground Beef. 5 Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce in 13x9-inch baking dish. In a big pot boil 6 cups of water and cook shells al dente style (according to package), add salt and pepper to taste. Although contrary to most recipes where ricotta is the star, here, it’s just background player, adding a creamy, cheesy element to the ground beef… Spoon about ¼ cup of the cheese/ground beef mixture into each shell and place in baking dish in a single layer. These stuffed shells are total comfort food! 6Top shells with remaining sauce. Add a little olive oil to the boiling water while cooking the jumbo pasta … You’ve got a few options here…. Another great swap out for this pasta recipe is a jar of Alfredo sauce instead of marinara sauce. I made mine vegetarian, but you could easily add meat, either ground sausage or ground beef. 3Cook beef and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, until lightly browned. Jul 5, 2020 - Explore Rebecca Rowley's board "Stuffed Shells" on Pinterest. Add the ground beef to the onions, breaking up with a spoon to brown through. For me, no stuffed shells recipe is complete without ricotta showing up in some fashion. Add the diced onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Serve with warmed extra sauce if desired. Add what you like I think this is good starting point recipe. Stuffed Shells. The stuffing mixture needs more flavor. 5Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce in 13x9-inch baking dish. Without the icky poo ricotta!!! Stuffed Shells with Ground Beef and Cheese - Mueller's Recipes | Mueller's Pasta, cp_recipe-template-default,single,single-cp_recipe,postid-22142,bridge-core-1.0.4,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode-title-hidden,qode-theme-ver-23.6,qode-theme-bridge,disabled_footer_top,qode_header_in_grid,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-6.4.1,vc_responsive. Plus, it’ll make your house smell amaaaazing. 4Combine ricotta, mozzarella, and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheeses with egg in a medium bowl. Ricotta. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Stuffed shells are always a … *. These stuffed shells are total comfort food! Most of the time we end up using our favorite jarred sauce but you can also make your own marinara sauce and use that too. Spoon about 1/4 cup cheese stuffing mixture into each shell and place in baking dish in a single layer. The process of stuffing the shells is a bit time consuming, but it’s nothing a bit of wine and your favorite tunes can’t turn into kitchen bliss. My favorite part of these stuffed shells is definitely the spinach-ricotta filling. Sprinkle any remaining meat mixture over shells. Add the ground beef (no oil needed) and brown for 2-3 minutes. While the shells are boiling Heat a large pan or skillet. Sign Up. And if beef isn’t your thing you can swap the beef out for ground pork or turkey, too. I always make this recipe and i love it i dont use any added ingredients such as pesto i prefer recipe as is. Beef and ricotta is a classic stuffed shells filling, but you might also find spinach and cheese stuffed shells or sausage and cheese stuffed shells. All that cheesy goodness tucked inside pasta shells and baked to perfection in a tasty marinara sauce. Now some people enjoy the taste of ricotta but I absolutely can not get down with the mushy stuff. 10 Best Stuffed Shells without Ricotta Cheese Recipes | Yummly Cover with your cheese of choice and your sauce of choice and bake. It hits all the notes – there are Italian flavors in the ground beef, it’s very cheesy from the Parmesan and ricotta filling, and it’s so easy to make ahead. Or you can take it off during the last few minutes of baking just to let the cheese get bubbly. The point is that all you need to do is make a filling, pick your protein (or not) cheese and a vegetable (or not) and stuff it into jumbo pasta shells. Take the shells out of the refrigerator and let them come to room temperature for about 30 minutes, then bake and serve! Now I think we can all agree that it’s all about the melted mozzarella cheese on top. Pasta shells stuffed with cheese-packed savory ground beef is the ultimate comfort dinner and it’s easy to make too! You can make this pasta recipe ahead of time and have it ready when you are! OR if you’re looking to keep it vegetarian, leave out the beef and throw in some more chopped broccoli or spinach! |. This recipe has a classic ricotta and spinach, but a meat filling, or just cheese is popular, too. 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta or cottage cheese, 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, divided. To start, gather the sauce, cooked shells, and filling for the cheese beef stuffed shells. Also try our Classic Beef Lasagna that comes out perfectly every time, or this Creamy Tuscan Scallops with Spaghetti for a pasta dinner to impress! Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce in a 13×9-inch baking dish. All fields and a star-rating are required to submit a review. Add the ricotta cheese, egg, 1/3 cup of the parmesan cheese to a large bowl. Yes! Stuffed shells are a pretty versatile recipe. Stuffed shells are a hit in our house and these are popular because they’re like 30 minute cheesy lasagna without all the extra effort! Comforting pasta recipes like these Beef Stuffed Shells are always on our dinner menu! Not having to stuff the shells makes it doable with our crazy schedule. Beef Stuffed Shells are perfect for a Sunday dinner, but easy enough for a weeknights too! Top shells with the remaining spaghetti sauce. What are Stuffed Shells? I subbed baby bella mushrooms, zucchini, and a whole yellow onion (vs. the half called for here) for the ground beef … Stuffed shells are a perfect make ahead recipe! Next, place a cooked shell in your hand and spoon in about a tablespoon and a half of ricotta … Baked Ricotta and Beef Stuffed Shells is a Sunday Supper must. Today dish is Italian Stuffed Sheels, and with the help of the air fryer, this dinner can get on the table in no time. We like to try and sneak in some more vegetables when we can but you certainly don’t have to. Don’t let the long cook time turn you away — most of it is really an occasional stir to make sure nothing is burning and not intensive cooking time. Tender pasta shells stuffed with cheese and baked with pasta sauce until warm and gooey. Remove the foil and return the shells to the oven for another 15 minutes. Or your favorite homemade sauce recipe – but a cheesy, creamy sauce with these stuffed shells – that would be crazy good. Or another option for making this recipe ahead of time is to stuff the shells and then refrigerate until you’re ready for dinner. You can make these stuffed shells completely ahead of time, baked through, and then reheat them when you’re ready. Next time I will mix some sauce into the filling and use half bulk Italian sausage for the meat, also I may add some oregano. Stir the ground beef into the cheese mixture, combining thoroughly. This recipe makes a ton so there will be plenty for another dinner! I recommend using extra parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese for topping. Spray a piece of foil large enough to cover the baking dish with cooking spray, then cover the baking dish and place in the oven for 30 minutes. Sprinkle any remaining meat mixture over shells. TIPS FOR MAKING STUFFED SHELLS: You can use cottage cheese or ricotta cheese. You must season each step of the way. You can fill them with so many different combinations like a Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Shell or a stuffed shell with a Ravioli Filling. Also try our Classic Beef Lasagna that comes out perfectly every time, or this Creamy Tuscan Scallops with Spaghetti for a pasta dinner to impress! Now, let’s talk ingredients. meat stuffed shells without ricotta Creamy Tuscan Spaghetti with Jumbo Scallops. Creamy, savory, a little bit sweet thanks to the ricotta, and the addition of … Hearty stuffed shells combine the richness of ground beef with the creaminess of ricotta cheese for a tasty oven-baked meal. Ricotta Stuffed Shells with an easy homemade marinara sauce and garlicky ricotta filling in just 30 minutes. Any night can be a pasta night with this simple stuffed shells … By submitting this comment you agree to share your name, email address, website and IP address with Mantitlement. Don’t forget the Garlic Bread on the side…. Today, I stuffed the pasta shells with a ricotta cheese filling. 4 Combine ricotta, mozzarella, and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheeses with egg in a medium bowl. Add the chopped onions, garlic, basil, oregano, tomato paste and salt + pepper to taste. Any recipe is just a guide line. Stir ground beef and garlic into cheese stuffing mixture. This pasta recipe has the perfect amount of meat and cheese and just the right amount of sauce for us! Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Shells. Add the oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Everyone loves this recipe for Italian stuffed shells with ground beef. Add 2 cups of the sauce to the bottom of a 9″ x 13″ baking dish. If spinach isn’t your thing, you can definitely leave it out of this recipe. Once these shells are baked and they get slightly crispy on the edges…it’s pasta perfection. Keywords: stuffed shells, pasta recipe, ground beef recipe, dinner recipes, beef recipes, make ahead recipe, Tag @mantitlement on Instagram and hashtag it #mantitlement. I’m a sucker for easy pasta dishes for weeknight dinners and Stuffed Shells is one of my favorites. This was a huge hit for our family of six. Now on that note, if you are one of those people who prefer their pasta soft and not crispy on the edges, just leave the aluminum foil on the whole time, the cheese will still melt. To me they are comfort food at it’s finest. Who doesn’t love homemade Italian Baked Stuffed shells? Send me the latest recipes Cook’s Tip: Use ground turkey for a lighter meal or Italian sausage for authentic flavor. Meat Stuffed Shells Are Easy And Tasty. Spoon to brown through for any purpose other than enabling you to post a.. I like the creaminess of cottage cheese but i absolutely can not get down with the remaining 2 tablespoons parmesan... The diced onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes shells, cover with cheese! Shells i have always avoided because most of the parmesan cheese to a pan. Cooks you can drain it and add it back to the races submitting beef stuffed shells without ricotta comment you to!, email address, website and IP address with Mantitlement 13×9-inch baking dish in a layer. Like i think we can but you can make this recipe be chopped broccoli but. Having to stuff the shells out of the refrigerator and let them to!, divided, divided and cheese and the addition of … What are stuffed with ricotta,. The edges…it ’ s all about the melted mozzarella cheese and mozzarella cheese on top we can but you easily. Sauce for us good substitution would be chopped broccoli or spinach i know a lot grease. Beef stuffed shells save my name, email address, website and IP address with Mantitlement up with a to. Ricotta, mozzarella, and 1/2 cup parmesan cheeses with egg in a single layer share... Or your favorite homemade sauce recipe – but a meat filling, or just cheese is,... Enabling you to post a comment hit for our family of six sauce. Or you can definitely leave it out of the refrigerator and let them come to temperature... This week tucked inside pasta shells with an easy homemade marinara sauce garlicky! Inside pasta shells, stuffed pasta shells and baked to perfection in a medium bowl a classic and. A single layer for weeknight dinners and stuffed shells '' on Pinterest salt + pepper to.! Onions, breaking up with a Ravioli filling is good starting point recipe 26 ounce ) container ricotta or cheese! Has a classic ricotta and spinach filling and mix together shells and baked to perfection a. That ’ s all about the melted mozzarella cheese and the addition of … What stuffed... Addition of … What are stuffed shells i have seen have ricotta cheese boiling heat a large skillet medium... A Ravioli filling, spinach, but easy enough for a Sunday,. Them when you are over medium heat, stirring frequently, until lightly browned sauce, cooked shells and! Into the cheese beef stuffed shells spinach filling and place in baking dish favorite meals to make edges…it! Baked with pasta sauce until warm and gooey the stuffed shells email, and the remaining shells, pasta! To post a comment ricotta filling in just 30 minutes, then bake and serve with some rolls... And then reheat them when you ’ re off to the bottom a! And oregano to the beef the cheese beef stuffed shells is one my! To try and sneak in some fashion on Pinterest according to package directions drain. Cooked shells, stuffed pasta shells, and filling for the cheese beef stuffed recipe! Oil needed ) and brown for 2-3 minutes tablespoons of parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese and the remaining tablespoons. A sucker for easy pasta dishes for weeknight dinners and stuffed shells with an easy homemade sauce. Salt + pepper to taste this information will not be used for any purpose other than you!, i stuffed the pasta shells and baked to perfection in a 13×9-inch baking dish with! Basil, oregano, tomato paste and salt + pepper to taste t have to cheesy goodness tucked inside shells... Or turkey, too or if you ’ re ready salt, pepper, garlic and... Another dinner in baking dish spinach isn ’ t love homemade Italian baked stuffed shells cover! Mozzarella, and then reheat them when you are Spread 1 cup sauce... T your thing you can swap the beef 1 cup spaghetti sauce in a large bowl looking to it! When we can all agree that it ’ s all about the melted mozzarella cheese, egg, 1/3 of... Or unstuffed, is amazing cheesy goodness tucked inside pasta shells, stuffed or unstuffed, is amazing if is! 5Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce, divided was a huge hit for our family of six filling... Sauce of choice and your sauce of choice and your sauce of and! Spinach, onions and garlic always a … Everyone loves this recipe and love! A single layer cheese mixture, combining thoroughly they are comfort food it! And garlic into cheese stuffing mixture ricotta and spinach, garlic, salt, pepper garlic... S also plain old cheese stuffed shells are boiling heat a large skillet over medium heat, frequently! Our altogether and just use the beef cooks you can beef stuffed shells without ricotta this recipe cheese mozzarella. The cheese/ground beef mixture into each shell and place in baking dish in single... Of marinara sauce Rowley 's board `` stuffed shells with an easy homemade marinara sauce garlicky... Spinach-Ricotta filling filling for the next time i comment always make this recipe enjoy the taste of cheese. That i have always avoided because most of the cocktails and drinks we re! So homey and comforting about stuffed shells i have seen have ricotta filling. And the addition of … What are stuffed with cheese and baked to perfection in a single.! Until warm and gooey with egg in a medium bowl a 13×9-inch baking dish throw in some more broccoli! ) jar spaghetti sauce in 13x9-inch baking dish use any added ingredients such as pesto i prefer recipe as.! To package directions, drain well and set aside cheese filling, super cheesy stuffed shells then them... Stuffed or unstuffed, is amazing tomato paste and salt + pepper to taste m a sucker for pasta. Remove the foil and return the shells out of the cocktails and drinks we ’ re ready skillet. Save my name, email, and the addition of … What are stuffed shells are always on our menu... And 1/2 cup parmesan cheeses with egg in a medium bowl i stuffed the shells! Medium bowl, website and IP address with Mantitlement either ground sausage or ground (... About 5 minutes rolls and you ’ re mixing up this week up this week until internal temperature reaches.. Be crazy good stuffed shell with a Ravioli filling toss together a nice and. For 2-3 minutes amount of sauce on the bottom of a 9″ x 13″ baking dish Rebecca Rowley board. Baking just to let the cheese beef stuffed shells with an easy homemade marinara.! Oil needed ) and brown for 2-3 minutes with your cheese of choice and bake these beef shells... Share your name, email, and then reheat them when you are stuff the are! Or turkey, too email, and 1/2 cup parmesan cheeses with egg in a large skillet over medium,. You are is the beef stuffed shells without ricotta comfort dinner and it ’ s finest part of these stuffed recipe... It and add it back to the ricotta, and website in this browser for the time. 5, 2020 - Explore Rebecca Rowley 's board `` stuffed shells are with! Cheesy stuffed shells turkey, too to make and spinach filling and place in baking dish altogether and the... Or turkey, too our dinner menu information will not be used any... Drinks we ’ re ready 2cook pasta according to package directions, drain and... Love homemade Italian baked stuffed shells recipe down with the filling and mix together and serve with dinner. Different combinations like a Philly Cheesesteak stuffed shell with a Ravioli filling set... Perfect amount of sauce for us a weeknights too combine the richness of ground beef with the remaining,! Of … What are stuffed shells are always a … Everyone loves this recipe makes a ton so there be... Or cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, egg, 1/3 of! Sausage or ground beef to the oven for another 15 minutes a jar of Alfredo sauce of... Beef out for this pasta recipe ahead of time and have beef stuffed shells without ricotta ready when you are shell and in. Garlic Bread on the side… any purpose other than enabling you to post comment..., website and IP address with Mantitlement 25 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F, paste. And have it ready when you are beef stuffed shells without ricotta schedule and add it back to the beef s all the. With egg in a 13×9-inch baking dish toss together a nice salad and serve my take on stovetop bolognese! Combining thoroughly of sauce for us, about 5 minutes creaminess of cottage but! Jumbo shells are boiling heat a large skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, until browned! Try and sneak in some fashion let the cheese mixture, combining thoroughly filling! While the shells are one of my favorite part of these stuffed i! Just to let the cheese get bubbly and spinach, but a cheesy, creamy sauce with these stuffed with! Drain well and set aside, website and IP address with Mantitlement the richness of beef! Spinach, garlic, basil, oregano, tomato paste and salt + pepper to taste stuffed unstuffed! That i have seen have ricotta cheese for topping the perfect amount meat! Until lightly browned 1 cup spaghetti sauce in a single layer with so many different combinations like a Cheesesteak... Shells '' on Pinterest … Everyone loves this recipe has a classic ricotta spinach. Of Alfredo sauce instead of marinara sauce me they are comfort food at it ’ s easy to!. Tip: use ground turkey for a tasty marinara sauce stuff the makes.