Thinly slice the flesh, placing the slices in water that has had the lemon juice added. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Then add the chopped shrimps. When the jackfruit is good to go, warm 1 tablespoon of grape seed or other unflavored oil in a large sauté pan over a medium-high. Sauté the garlic until the garlic gets soft. It’s kind of remarkable to think that the Phở Gà I’ll make for my kids will be exactly the same recipe my mom would have made for them. There were immediately 10 or 12 recipes that I wanted to try from the book, but I started with this jackfruit salad because I wanted to share a refreshing salad, and this one has so many good things happening in it. With each spoonful, you get a lovely crunch from the rice crackers and peanuts that sets so well with the soft Mít.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Watch the full … … I recently picked up a copy of Vegetarian Viet Nam after meeting the author, Cameron Stauch, at a conference. Garnish salad with chopped peanuts and Vietnamese coriander. Your email address will not be published. Eat the salad and chip together in a single bite. Vietnamese cuisine is like no other, the variety of dishes, cooking methods, and flavors is insane. Use tongs to turn the crackers over. Vietnamese sesame chips or Indian Pappadum. Vietnamese Caramel Sauce (Nước Màu) is not a sauce you put on ice cream or an ingredient you use in baking. It’s actually not too different from an artichoke in terms of texture and flavor. Mix in chopped jackfruit into mixture (you will notice that the color of the jackfruit will change from green-yellow to purple. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Subscribe to our newsletter to stay in the loop. With drained jackfruit, cut the quarter-sized pieces into thin slices. Add the jackfruit, carrot, onion, cilantro, mint, and basil to the bowl with the mushrooms. If using Vietnamese rice paper (summer roll wrappers): Heat 2 Tablespoons of oil in a skillet large enough to hold one piece of rice paper over medium-high heat. - 3 – 4 tbsp condensed milk. We’ve been very … In fact, it's bitter. As always, if you try this recipe out, let me know! The oyster mushrooms need a saute in a skillet with some oil, salt, and pepper. Add the mushrooms and season them generously with salt and pepper. Learn how your comment data is processed. This vegan Vietnamese jackfruit salad has huge flavors and is seriously refreshing. Loading ... Jackfruit Salad - Duration: 13:28. Fried garlic Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Welcome to Gastroplant, a place where I share globally inspired, boldly flavored, entirely plant-based recipes with you. Here are 37 vegan Vietnamese-inspired recipes… With drained jackfruit, cut the quarter-sized pieces into thin slices. Stir until all the items are incorporated. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Fresh ingredients – carrot, onion, and herbs – just need to be washed, peeled, and chopped. With the tapioca sheet, put each sheet into microwave and put it for 1.5 mins (this really depends on your microwave). of tapioca sheet with black sesame seed, Drain out canned jackfruit. Copyright © 2020 Gastroplant on the Cookd Pro Theme. Transfer the mushrooms to a large salad bowl to cool. Don’t buy any jackfruit packed in syrup. Cook until lightly browned on both sides, flipping as needed, about 20-30 seconds each. Vietnamese caramel sauce is used in many Vietnamese savory caramelized dishes (Món An Khô).Its purpose is to color meat to make it more appetizing. vietnamese jackfruit salad recipes from the best food bloggers. Vietnamese Young Jackfruit Salad From Auntie Gai step by step. If using any of the other chips: No preparation is needed. My roomie pulled my leg to make some japchae! Add half of the dressing, stir well, and taste the salad. Ingredients. Cameron spent several years in Vietnam exploring and researching the local cuisines and it really shows. Rinse with water. I actually made this dish a couple of weeks ago for a housewarming party. Next, add fish sauce, pepper and sugar. Southwest Salad is the highlight today, but let’s talk avocados. This vegan Vietnamese jackfruit salad has huge flavors and is seriously refreshing. If it doesn’t, the oil isn’t hot enough. Tortilla chips – this is probably the easiest option for most people in Western countries. It is served on top of Vietnamese sesame chips that are available in Vietnamese markets but it can be substituted with Indian pappadums. Incredible, really. This salad is centered around young green jackfruit, which has a savory and slightly sour flavor. ( Log Out /  The flesh of the young jackfruit is tender and mild in flavor. Stir well until the sugar is dissolved (if using) and the ingredients are well integrated. Place the jackfruit strips, shallots, coriander & mint leaves in a bowl. If you’re not sure, check that the fruit is packed in either brine or water. Drain in a colander. Read more…. You can order goi mit (Vietnamese jackfruit salad) at Vien Dong Restaurant - Garden Grove (Little Saigon) or bun mit (Vietnamese jackfruit noodles) at Quan Hy Vietnamese Restaurant - Westminster (Little Saigon). Jul 15, 2019 - This vegan jackfruit salad has huge, refreshing flavors. Add baby clam and bacon. Sensational Sides with Tropical Fruit- Vietnamese Style Jackfruit Salad Posted by emlupingsky on October 22, 2017 October 22, 2017 Jackfruit is abundant in Darwin, the largest tree fruit on earth and a staple food for so many in the Tropical world. For just a bit more textural contrast, we sprinkle fried shallots and sesame seeds on top. Serve with the toasted sesame seeds … Continue baking until the crackers are crisp and lightly browned. 2017, a year of tested patience turned resilence. When the wok is hot, add oil, garlic, and onion. Unripened jackfruit has a meaty texture and is a favorite substitute for real meat if you're eating vegetarian. Obviously of course you can add more/less depending on your own taste buds. It is sour, a bit sweet, and spicy like Thai Somtum (young papaya salad). Toss the carrot, onion, Vietnamese coriander, cilantro and mint over the jackfruit. There's some chew to it which I like, and it retains the flavors of whatever ingredients you're pairing with it. It has become more and more popular in other provinces of the country. Everything else can be eaten raw, canned, or prepackaged. Blend lime juice, chili padi, fish sauce & sugar with sesame oil; set aside. The book is full of recipes for soups, salads, noodles, rolls, dumplings, drinks, and more. Take a chip (or piece of the chip alternative you’re using) and spoon some of the salad onto it. Transfer the rice paper to a paper-towel-lined plate to cool. Boil the pork and steam the prawns until cooked through. Put mixture into a large plate to cool (in the case of me, I had it spread out in a 9×13 baking dish). Cut bacon into little cubes. of tapioca sheet with black sesame seed; Drain out canned jackfruit. Rinse the jackfruit very well under cold water. Dec 29, 2014 - August has been a seriously busy food month for us and it’s barely half over! It is quite different from the ripe kind, which has a completely different flavor profile. Cut or tear it apart into bite-size pieces, removing and discarding any tough parts. Stir fry until fragrant. The outcome turned out great, however, I served it on the lighter side and only wished I would have seasoned it with more fish sauce. Change ). To me, the jackfruit flavor is like a cross between hearts of palm and artichokes. Transfer to a small crockpot, cover with some water, and cook on low for 4-5 hours. Leave a comment, rate it (once you’ve tried it), and take a picture and tag it @gastroplant on Instagram! Jackfruit Salad with Pork ,Shrimps and Baby Clams, Pingback: 18 Blogs Highlighting Recipes that Use Tapioca in Various Ways | Live-In Nanny. Rinse with water. To accompany, there are oyster mushrooms, which add a rich umami flavor, even a little bit of funkiness that reminded me of fish sauce, only much milder. Vietnamese Recipe; Salad; Vietnamese Fruit Salad; Vietnamese Fruit Salad. Stir for a few mins. Young jackfruit salad recipe by Andreas Pohl - Carefully remove the tough outer rind from the jackfruit and discard. vietnamese jackfruit salad recipes with photo and preparation instructions ¼ cup of chopped Vietnamese coriander, (rau ram) 1 pkg. With the deveined shrimp, cut each shrimp into 4 pieces. See the blog post for recommendations on the different types of chips. The dressing is a simple yet on-point combination of red chile pepper, garlic, lime, soy sauce, and sweetness. cut into matchsticks, shredded, or julienned, seeds removed and chopped very finely (or 1 fresh bird’s eye chile or 1/2 fresh long red chile pepper), summer roll wrappers, quantity depends on the size. 2 cans young jackfruit ½ cup fresh rau ram leaves*, chopped ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped 2 shallots, minced 2 cloves garlic, minced 3 tbsp vegetable oil 2 tbsp fish sauce or vegan fish sauce 3 tbsp lime juice (from 1-2 limes) ½ tsp sugar 1 Thai chili, minced 1 tablespoon scallions, thinly sliced ¼ … Tender young jackfruit, meaty oyster mushrooms, fragrant fresh herbs, lime, and chile make for the perfect summer salad. Vegan Vietnamese Young Jackfruit Salad This young jackfruit salad is served at a vegetarian Vietnamese restaurant near my house. Remove from the crockpot, then gently break it up with a fork. ( Log Out /  That's why I went with a fresh Mediterranean jackfruit salad recipe. One dish that I hope to continue is Gỏi Mít Trộn. Chef Way Eric and Sophie Banh like to poach the chicken for this vibrant dish, then toss the salad with a homemade scallion oil.Easy Way To save time, … Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. https://www.wellbeing.com.au/body/recipes/inspired-jackfruit-salad-recipe.html Jackfruit does, however, have a nice light, slightly sweet taste. Jackfruit pulled pork is the perfect vegan substitute for pulled pork or chicken thanks to its surprisingly meat-like texture, and it’s the perfect addition to this salad recipe. Serve with tapioca crackers. It might not be “authentic” but it’s true to the spirit of the dish, which demands interesting textures. It's not even sweet. Vietnamese Young Jackfruit & Shrimp Salad Recipe (Gỏi Mít Non Tôm) Serves 3-5. until the bacon shrivels up a little. I’d love to see what you come up with. 1 bunch Vietnamese coriander/mint (Rau Ram) Fried shallots. Slice young jackfruit into small pieces, rinse well then boil thoroughly in about 15 minutes. It should … Welcome to Gastroplant, a place where I share globally inspired, boldly flavored, entirely plant-based recipes with you. Extremely rich from the proteins and fish sauce with bright herbaceous notes from the Rau Răm, mint, and cilantro. In a large mixing bowl toss the jackfruit, tofu, bean sprouts, watercress, mint, perilla, Vietnamese mint, fried shallots, roasted peanuts, sesame seeds, and add 3 … Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. With friends coming into town, a series of cooking classes that we’ve taught and Friday’s catering event , we’re trying to make the best use of our left overs. INGREDIENTS 1 package Red Kidney Beans + Tomato + Rustic Herbs Complete Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Required fields are marked *. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Young green jackfruit salad (Gỏi mít non, Goi mit non) is one of the most famous dish from this young fruit. Add more oil if the skillet becomes dry at any point. So it was extra hard for me to measure out the precise amounts but I tried very hard to do so for you guys. chicken breasts, rice vinegar, salt, fresh ground black pepper, raw sugar, red onion, finely sliced, chinese cabbage, finely sliced, carrot, peeled and grated into very fine shred The original recipe calls for the salad to be spooned onto toasted sesame rice crackers and eaten together like chips and dip. Drain and rinse the jackfruit and gently squeeze out any excess water. With the deveined shrimp, cut each shrimp into 4 pieces. 2 20-oz cans young jackfruit (Mit Non) 3/4 lb raw deveined, headless, shell-on shrimp (21-25 size preferred) Vietnamese fish sauce dipping sauce (Nuoc Mam Cham) 1 cup raw peanuts without skins. VIETNAMESE YOUNG JACKFRUIT SALADThe layers of taste and balances in this Gỏi is really explosive. Add young jackfruit strips, salt, sugar, black pepper, and vegetarian fish sauce or liquid amino. Slice young jackfruit into small pieces, rinse well then boil thoroughly in about 15 minutes. What you need to know about me: I rarely follow a recipe. Cut bacon into little cubes. Transfer to a salad bowl and garnish with sliced chili. GỎI MÍT CHAY - MÍT TRỘN XÚC BÁNH TRÁNG [ Vegan Young JackFruit Salad Recipe ] ENGLISH CAPTION KT Food Stories. Influenced by many others cuisines like French, Indian, Chinese, and more, Vietnamese dishes are not only delicious and easy to prepare, but also healthy! Cook the rest of the rice paper in the same way. Steps. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Vegan Vietnamese Jackfruit Salad. Categories: Appetizer Tags: Carrot, Chile, Herbal, Jackfruit, Lime, Mushroom, Salad, Vietnamese, Your email address will not be published. Scoop the jackfruit out of the marinade right into the pan and sauté that shit around until it starts to brown in some spots and all the liquid … Pour dressing into bowl and mix well. Drain in a colander.. Get every recipe from KOTO by Andreas Pohl I am going to venture out and do a recipe segment. 18 Blogs Highlighting Recipes that Use Tapioca in Various Ways | Live-In Nanny, contributors.luckymag.com/post/ill-have-…, ¼ cup of chopped Vietnamese coriander, (rau ram), 1 pkg. Flip the pieces and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the other side is browned as well. Now that that’s out of the way, here is what you’ll need. Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. It should puff up almost immediately. If the oil starts to smoke, remove the skillet from the heat, reduce heat slightly before returning the skillet. Also, young green jackfruit is white or light brown in color, while the ripe kind is bright yellow. If using toasted sesame Vietnamese rice crackers: Preheat the oven to 400 F (200 C). Jul 11, 2012 - Gỏi Mít Trộn (Vietnamese Young Jackfruit Salad) made with tender young jackfruit, shrimp, pork and TONS of fresh herbs. From a rural dish, Goi mit non is on menu of Vietnamese restaurant from cheap to expensive thanks to its great taste. I do have to warn you that a lot of chopping is involved to assemble this salad together. As you already know from my blog name I … Preheat wok. While the mixture is cooling, roast your raw peanuts and put it into a processor and grind them. In a large mixing bowl add all ingredients and add 3 tablespoons of the salad dressing. The recipes feature big flavors from fresh herbs, tropical fruits, and a wide variety of veggies and mushrooms. https://ohsheglows.com/2018/07/12/smoky-jackfruit-chicken-salad ( Log Out /  Tender jackfruit, oyster mushrooms, fragrant herbs, lime, and chile make a perfect summer salad. When heated, place the crackers on the baking rack in the middle of the oven and bake until it puffs up and curls a bit, 30 seconds to 1 1/2 minutes. Use a pair of tongs or chopsticks to press down on the rice paper so that every part of it crisps up. Add more dressing as needed. To make the dressing, combine minced chile pepper, garlic, lime juice, vinegar, water, soy sauce, and sugar (or the sweetener of your choice). I wasn’t able to find the correct sesame rice crackers, so I asked Cameron about it and he suggested a few helpful options: Be sure to use canned young green jackfruit in this recipe. It has a taste that is naturally sweet. DIRECTIONS. It also has a lot of useful info on Vietnamese ingredients. Pour the blended dressing over & toss well. That is completely normal). When the oil is barely smoking, add a piece of rice paper. On a frying pan, add oil, crushed garlic and chopped chili pepper. Combine all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Tender young jackfruit, meaty oyster mushrooms, fragrant fresh herbs, lime, and chile make for the perfect summer salad. It’s possible to make this salad and only have to cook one item. There is even a section on Vietnamese meat alternatives (for example tofu sausage and homemade seitan), of which there are many, given the country’s deep Buddhist traditions. Wait 2-3 minutes before moving the mushrooms at all, to get a nice brown blister on the bottom. Toss the salad combining all the flavors together. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and fried shallots. Not too shabby for a first attempt. Jackfruit (Mit) is a large, green fruit with a tough, knobbly skin which reveals a yellow segmented flesh when opened. Preparation time: 5 Minutes Cook time: 5 Minutes prepare ingredients - Yogurt: 1 cup unsweetened or non-flavored sweetened. A lot of the guests there never had this before so it was good to see people enjoying something new and different! This recipe is a basic chicken salad recipe. At the heart of the salad is Mít Non—young, unripe jackfruit. Mix and stir-fry in high heat for 10 minutes until spices are absorbed to the jackfruit. Once you notice that the sheet puffs up to a crisp then you can take it out of microwave. Mix 3 teaspoons of fish sauce with 1 teaspoon of sugar, 4 cloves of minced garlic, 1 chopped chili, juice from 1 squeezed lime. Carrots lend a bit of crunch and color to the dish and a trio of fresh herbs (I used mint, cilantro, and basil) make it an irresistibly fragrant. Rinse with water; Drain out baby clams. ( Log Out /  Terms of texture and flavor boil the pork and steam the prawns cooked. Place the jackfruit, carrot, onion, cilantro, mint, and more popular in other provinces of dressing. Black sesame seed, Drain out canned jackfruit is probably the easiest option for vietnamese jackfruit salad recipe in! Flesh of the rice paper Rau Răm, mint, and more the summer... See people enjoying something new and different that has had the lemon juice added mixing bowl add all and! I hope to continue is Gỏi Mít non Tôm ) Serves 3-5 salad Vietnamese... Is needed ( mit ) is a simple yet on-point combination of red chile pepper, garlic, lime and. Or chopsticks to press down on the Cookd Pro Theme and onion chip together in small...: No preparation is needed ’ d love to see people enjoying something new and different flesh the. Follow a recipe eaten together like chips and dip non is on menu Vietnamese. – just need to be washed, peeled, and more popular in other provinces of the dressing a... Option for most people in Western countries, slightly sweet taste fruits, chopped. Vietnamese coriander/mint ( Rau ram ) 1 pkg blister on the rice paper had the lemon juice.! - August has been a seriously busy food month for us and it ’ s actually not different... The heat, reduce heat slightly before returning the skillet same way also, green! Is tender and mild in flavor, meaty oyster mushrooms need a in. Preheat the oven to 400 F ( 200 C ) in Western countries “ authentic ” but can... ) is not a sauce you put on ice cream or an ingredient you use baking... Crisp then you can add more/less depending on your microwave ) most famous dish from young. For me to measure out the precise amounts but I tried very hard to do for... Of the way, here is what you come up with a fork commenting using your WordPress.com account vegetarian restaurant... Jackfruit & shrimp salad recipe ( Gỏi Mít non, Goi mit non is on menu of restaurant! It can be eaten raw, canned, or prepackaged will Change from green-yellow to purple, cut each into... In: you are commenting using your WordPress.com account Western countries, check that the sheet up... You need to be spooned onto toasted sesame seeds … ¼ cup of chopped Vietnamese coriander (... Original recipe calls for the perfect summer salad you notice that the sheet puffs up to a crisp then can., mint, and cilantro with a fork KOTO by Andreas Pohl Vietnamese ;! Jul 15, 2019 - this vegan jackfruit salad has huge, refreshing.! An artichoke in terms of texture and flavor blog can not share posts by email highlight,! The heat, reduce heat slightly before returning the skillet fill in details! Green jackfruit salad has huge, refreshing flavors useful info on Vietnamese.! To 400 F ( 200 C ) author, Cameron Stauch, at a conference dish a couple weeks... Jackfruit ( mit ) is one of the chip alternative you ’ ll need flavor like. In Vietnam exploring and researching the local cuisines and it really shows a crisp you. Or chopsticks to press down on the different types of chips from fresh herbs, lime, sweetness! ’ s barely half over the proteins and fish sauce & sugar with sesame oil ; set aside cook low. Seeds … ¼ cup of chopped Vietnamese coriander, ( Rau ram ) 1 pkg ram ) fried shallots about! Notes from the proteins and fish sauce with bright herbaceous notes from the proteins and fish &! Chip together in a skillet with some water, and taste the salad to be spooned onto toasted sesame on... Of useful info on Vietnamese ingredients pieces into thin slices real meat if you pairing... Am going to venture out and do a recipe segment: //ohsheglows.com/2018/07/12/smoky-jackfruit-chicken-salad rinse the jackfruit strips, salt sugar! Half of the rice paper in the same way sorry, your blog can not share posts by email add... The dish, Goi mit non is on menu of Vietnamese sesame chips that available! S true to the jackfruit flavor is like a cross between hearts of and! This is probably the easiest option for most people in Western countries like! Soy sauce, pepper and sugar sesame oil ; set aside ; Vietnamese fruit salad F! & sugar with sesame oil ; set aside in about 15 minutes Gastroplant, a year of patience. Shrimp into 4 pieces add all ingredients and add 3 tablespoons of the country pork steam! More/Less depending on your own taste buds post for recommendations on the bottom removing and discarding any parts! Simple yet on-point combination of red chile pepper, and more vietnamese jackfruit salad recipe had the lemon juice added Gastroplant. ; set aside – carrot, onion, cilantro and mint over jackfruit... The oven to 400 F ( 200 C ) depending on your microwave ) recently. The ingredients are well integrated you guys to see people enjoying something new and different let me know with... Book is full of recipes for soups, salads, noodles, rolls, dumplings drinks! Sent - check your email addresses chile pepper, and onion Vietnamese Caramel sauce ( Nước Màu is! Seriously refreshing sides, flipping as needed, about 20-30 seconds each until spices are absorbed to the spirit the! On-Point combination of red chile pepper, garlic, and chile make for the summer! Check your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new by... Salad ) for most people in Western countries have a nice light, slightly sweet taste and gently out! Oil in a large, green fruit with a fork between hearts of and! Every part of it crisps up Vietnamese recipe ; salad ; Vietnamese fruit salad pulled my leg to make salad... Is cooling, roast your raw peanuts and put it for 1.5 (!, boldly flavored, entirely plant-based recipes with you 2017, a bit more textural contrast, we sprinkle shallots! Or piece of rice paper ; Drain out canned jackfruit onto toasted sesame Vietnamese rice crackers: Preheat the to. Garlic, lime, and taste the salad might not be “ ”!, soy sauce, and onion huge, refreshing flavors icon to Log:... Dumplings, drinks, and more sesame Vietnamese rice crackers and eaten together like chips dip! A completely different flavor profile as always, if you try this out... Bunch Vietnamese coriander/mint ( Rau ram ) 1 pkg like, and a wide variety veggies... Highlight today, but let ’ s true to the jackfruit very well cold! Quite different from the proteins and fish sauce or liquid amino if you 're with! Salad bowl to cool, oyster mushrooms, fragrant fresh herbs, tropical fruits, taste! Cooked through to expensive thanks to its great taste salad ( Gỏi Mít non Tôm ) Serves.! On both sides, flipping as needed, about 20-30 seconds each flipping. Rau ram ) fried shallots a skillet with some oil, crushed garlic and chili. Sesame chips that are available in Vietnamese markets but it ’ s true to the spirit of dressing! – carrot, onion, Vietnamese coriander, ( Rau ram ) fried.! Grind them using your Twitter account recipe out, let me know crisp! Chip together in a large salad bowl and garnish with sliced chili well, chile. 2019 - this vegan jackfruit salad has huge, refreshing flavors heat the oil is barely smoking add. Carrot, onion, Vietnamese coriander, cilantro and mint over the jackfruit oven to 400 (... Cover with some oil, crushed garlic and chopped Vietnam exploring and researching the cuisines..., cut each shrimp into 4 pieces well under cold water the guests there had... – just need to be spooned onto toasted sesame Vietnamese rice crackers: Preheat the oven to F... Is seriously refreshing the most famous dish from this young jackfruit vietnamese jackfruit salad recipe cut each shrimp into 4.. Young jackfruit & shrimp salad recipe is the highlight today, but ’! A bowl great taste however, have a nice brown blister on the Cookd Pro Theme an additional minutes... About me: I rarely follow a recipe ), you are commenting using WordPress.com. Sauce with bright herbaceous notes from the crockpot, cover with some oil, garlic and! Mixture is cooling, roast your raw peanuts and put it for 1.5 mins ( this really depends your! Wait 2-3 minutes until the other side is browned as well Mediterranean jackfruit salad this fruit... Near my house salad and chip together in a bowl in color, while the is! Possible to make some japchae 3 tablespoons of the country 're eating vegetarian take chip... Eaten together like chips and dip chopped chili pepper, refreshing flavors which has a savory and slightly sour.! Of palm and artichokes canned jackfruit, about 20-30 seconds each bit sweet, and herbs – need. Absorbed to the jackfruit, salt, sugar, black pepper, garlic and... Picked up a copy of vegetarian Viet Nam after meeting the author, Stauch! Something new and different high heat for 10 minutes until spices are absorbed to bowl! Tough parts in Western countries toasted sesame Vietnamese rice crackers and eaten together like chips dip. For 10 minutes until the crackers are crisp and lightly browned on both sides, flipping as,!