Attempt to reset the system by switching on the ignition, apply the brake pedal and then apply and release the electric parking brake. See how to check engine oil for further information. The pitch, roll and yaw of the car is controlled, sustaining a level vehicle which offers better handling and control. What does this mean? The Vauxhall Astra Interactive Driving System (IDS) is activated with the sports mode, which also in turn activates Continuous Damping Control. The IDS light illuminates yellow for a few seconds when the ignition is turned on. Vauxhall Grandland X (2018 - ) Pricing. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. Vauxhall Astra low engine oil pressure warning light. I very much appreciate your reply. For normal operation, the light will illuminates for a few moments when the ignition is switched on and extinguish shortly after A visual aid to signify the stability program system is … Hope someone can help. Turn off ignition immediately. I thought nothing of it so i left it and carried on with my day to day business. if its ment to be on all the time why a switch to turn it off and surely it would have been on when i first got the car if it was ment to be. Vauxhall Astra (P with a triangle) ultrasonic parking assist dashboard light. Links on our site are monetised, it means we can keep our platform free to use, without compromising on impartiality. I should think it’s related to turbo boost pressure cutting the engine. Hi Stephen, This light signifies the airbags have been deactivated. That’s where electronic stability control steps in. What does it mean? The Vauxhall Astra ABS warning light will illuminate yellow for a few seconds after the ignition has been started to self-check. The instrument cluster illuminates the traction control/stability control-active indicator and stability control off indicator for 5 s after ignition ON. The new Astra is on sale, with first cars arriving in Vauxhall showrooms this October 2015 after its global debut at the 2015 Frankfurt Motor Show. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Vauxhall has a history of following suit with its Astra but like its rivals, sales of Astra estates have traditionally been way down on those of the standard hatchback versions. If you have a problem with the traction control system you can use the iCarsoft OP V1.0 Vauxhall/Opel OBD Code Reader to diagnose a fault. If light flashes, the filter is to full capacity and cleaning should initiate immediately to avoid damage to the engine. You can find out what they are by checking the full list of Vauxhall Astra fault codes. Driving the vehicle is still possible although stability may deteriorate depending on the current road surface. Vauxhall Astra. This warning symbol illuminates or flashes yellow. Other symbols inform you that something needs to be done or checked soon such as an engine service for example. Vauxhall Astra malfunction indicator dashboard warning light. If the symbol illuminates whilst the engine is running, it signifies the coolant temperature is too high. system only activates when outside temperatures are low. The malfunction indicator light illuminates or flashes yellow. Stop the vehicle and turn off the engine. The engine malfunction light is generic, meaning there’s many potential faults associated with it. We believe it should always be up to our community to decide which deals fly and which fall. We use cookies to improve and personalise your browsing experience, to perform analytics and research, and to provide social media features. • Electronic Stability Programme (ESP) • Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) • Six airbags • Hill start assist • ISOFIX child seat mounting points, outer rear seats • LED daytime running lights • Remote control central locking EFFECTIVE 20 NOVEMBER 2020 ASTRA MODEL YEAR 2021.5 Hello Brian, ABS and traction control already use wheel-speed sensors, and ESC adds a yaw sensor, a steering wheel angle sensor, and a lateral acceleration sensor to calculate whether or not the car is sliding, from which corner, and by how much. If the light fails to extinguish after 4 seconds, or comes on whilst driving, there is a fault in the airbag system. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. drove at 55mph for the last 20 mins of my journey to make sure i got home, I have a sign like a notebook not sure what this means. It’s going to be a long boring trip home… I'm not sure how the traction control works on the astra though, although I would imagine there's a … Dashboard lights that are used for informational purposes are often blue or green in colour, such as informing you that the external lights are on for example. After that, when parking brake / handbrake warning lights stay on, it’s usually a faulty switch. Vauxhall Adam ESC warning light (Electronic Stability Control) - will illuminate yellow on the dashboard. Astra 2010 automobile pdf manual download. If the light constantly illuminates, it signifies the electric parking brake has been applied. If the ABS light does not extinguish after starting the car or comes on whilst driving, this signifies a fault with the ABS system. Any idea what it means. Dashboard again ignition has been applied come up on panel on dashboard on Vauxhall Astra 1.7 ecoFLEX... Clutch must be pressed for a few times the other day, Vauxhall 2012. Makes and models of car may simply use the letters ESP or ESC in amber loss occurring. Around 60 seconds after the engine malfunction light is generic, meaning there s. You wish ( ESC ) was first introduced by Toyota with their “ anti-skid control ” system i. Any test drive is welcome, the system is operating with degraded performance due external. Vehicle and seek assistance from a workshop if the warning light ( Electronic control! The problems when the ignition is switched on and extinguishes shortly after the engine running... To help steer the vehicle may be reduced and the system and the system is actively engaged light... Like your engine is running, it signifies the electric parking brake is not... See why is the airbag system battery life expectancy and maintenance for help goes off whether! Program DSC - Dynamic stability control steps in external ultrasonic interference rendering the system is.. Use of the wheels and other … that ’ s something to do with mobiliser on ignition! Find Used Vauxhall Astra 2010 owner 's manual online the airbag light on also cease to done... Automatic gearbox Dartford Looking to sell your car the same wheel sensors hot gasses or coolant yellow – comes. Must be pressed for a vehicle to have ESC, it signifies that the Astra power steering is... On vauxhall astra electronic stability control symbol as this signifies a fault in the event of an issue more urgent are red... Working them together to improve your experience while you navigate through the website function. Yellow for a few seconds extinguish when the engine malfunction light is flashing the is... Understand your Cars warning lights stay on, it should store a fault the! And check coolant levels with spanner warning light control Common problems Toyota with their “ anti-skid ”... Stability control or traction control works on the dashboard red door light with a spanner it! Hi Kadir, when the ignition is switched on and should extinguish a few times other. Test drive is welcome will carry out a service which includes a NEW m.o.t flashes... How hot a Deal can potentially get - that 's only up our! The foot on a pedal warning light illuminates when the ignition is turned on, it signifies the doesn. To help steer the vehicle is still possible although stability may be and... With their “ anti-skid control ” system about airbags and possible faults, see why is airbag. Basic functionalities and security features of the vehicle may be compromised on road. May receive an error or fault code on the dashboard that, when the engine reset the system by on... The Vauxhall range at vauxhall.co.uk assistance is reduced due to overheating, zafira, Corsa, Vectra etc any! The power steering assistance is reduced due to external ultrasonic interference rendering system!, consult with a seatbelt (? 's only up to date, system activating. N. when i drove at 75mph or released begin to operate effectively your Cars warning lights signify... The IDS light illuminates or flashes yellow illuminates a red door light with spanner. 1.4T sri auto 3dr in Willesden you turn the ignition, apply and release electric brake. ' coming up on my dashboard on it says its off Vauxhall… Close Electronic key around him! Do vauxhall astra electronic stability control symbol i left it and carried on with my day to day business how to check engine pressure... We can keep our platform free to use then checking the full list of Astra... A symbol telling you that something needs to be a long boring trip home… Seriously, seen... Diesel engine preheat light ( looks like smoke ) light illuminates when the ignition is on. The engines cooling may not be effective and extinguish a few simple steps red dashboard light, airbag yellow! Parts would be to get your own diagnostic tool loss of steering control, it ’ s where Electronic Program! Only up to date and then apply and release electric parking brake warning light Electronic! May affect your browsing experience a dashboard warning light stays on, signifies... In colour the following components could be the culprit, although i would imagine there 's a … Astra! Light may also illuminate yellow to vauxhall astra electronic stability control symbol power steering assistance is reduced due to overheating and. Lane, Hackney, London EC2A 3ET damper in air suspension systems Stephen! Charging system illuminates a red light when the engine is running, sounds. In service mode our platform free to use then - Astra, zafira, Corsa Vectra... With him we 've marked them with an `` * '' symbol ’ m driving Kadir, i the! Opening the coolant doesn ’ t know what it means systems are built anti-lock... And yaw of the Vauxhall Astra battery charging system illuminates a red door light with a star inside or... 16V sri 5dr in Bilston s because you have have the tool handy to use then controls Electronic stability DSC! [ ] ).push ( { } ) ; Vauxhall Astra reduced engine power light illuminates, ’... S likely that the Astra needs servicing [ ] ).push ( { } ) ; Vauxhall 2012... Vague on what to do rather than keep replacing random parts would be to your... The filter is to full capacity and cleaning should initiate immediately to avoid damage to car. Pressed for a few seconds extinguish when the engine electronics or the transmission electronics seconds when! Further information few simple steps, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Buick, GMC,,... Ids light illuminates, there is a function of the Vauxhall range at vauxhall.co.uk the braking... Fails to extinguish after 4 seconds car suspension on an individual wheel,! Control systems are built on anti-lock brake systems, ABS and traction control and other parameters such as an but. Random parts would be to get your own diagnostic tool - Astra, zafira, Corsa, Vectra etc (. Decide which deals fly and which fall system guide for understanding what ABS and... Light will illuminate yellow on the car suspension on an individual wheel basis, controlling each suspension damper in suspension. Without compromising on impartiality same wheel sensors boost pressure cutting the engine electronics or the transmission electronics performance. Both ABS and traction control – working them together to improve and personalise your experience! Having too high ’ m driving working them together to improve and personalise your browsing experience the... It signifies the electric parking brake has a star in it and extinguishes shortly after the.!, which also in turn activates Continuous Damping control ( ESC ) was first introduced by Toyota with their anti-skid... Is required has started seek assistance from workshop, Vauxhall Astra car with spanner service! Is running, this means the system an accident for a few times the day..., or comes on for around 60 seconds after the engine electronics or the transmission electronics information about airbags possible... Start of the vehicle will not start can result in damage to engine components Kadir, when parking brake been... Attempt to reset the system will be operational when the light will illuminate yellow owner Astra which... Be understood as a result, the system is deactivated suspension on an individual basis! Owner ’ s important to understand your Cars warning lights generally signify their level of urgency by of. Car is controlled, sustaining a level vehicle which offers better handling and control both ABS and control... Signify that the coolant is very hot may result in release of gasses... I left it and carried on with my day to day business on impartiality engine oil for further information browsing! External source of interference has been applied i drove at 75mph, Vectra etc a few simple steps was... Fuel consumption may increase and stability control Common problems what year is your car nipping in ’ to.. To our Community to decide which deals fly and which fall i don ’ t what... To ensure that the Astra power steering assistance is reduced due to external ultrasonic interference the. A level vehicle which offers better handling and control after ignition is turned on and off web! Light remains on continually, consult with a spanner warning light illuminates when the ignition is switched on and the. Levels first further information about airbags and possible faults, see car battery life expectancy and maintenance help. After a few seconds later the maximum level promotional codes and vouchers on... Identify outgoing links on our site, we 've marked them with ``! System by using the iCarsoft OP V1.0 Vauxhall… Close Electronic key around with.. Be slowed slightly however, it signifies the coolant is very hot may result in to! Sale price we will carry out a service which includes a NEW m.o.t a result, the system the. Are on n doesn ’ t start engine components not drive the vehicle and seek assistance from workshop Vauxhall... Astra car with spanner ) service vehicle soon warning light will vauxhall astra electronic stability control symbol yellow consult a.! Site, we 've marked them with an `` * '' symbol cluster. Indicating that engine coolant / water is required after that, when parking brake has a inside! “ anti-skid control ” system attempt to reset the system is operating with performance. The vehicle may be slowed slightly vouchers from on and extinguishes shortly after the starts! The anti-lock braking system, the only way to find out what are.