Set aside a small bowl of water to dip your fingers in to seal the wontons. Toss into the food processor with the shrimp. Process until shrimp is ground & well mashed together with other ingredients. We won't send you spam. You can always make more wontons or use them as a topping for crostini. There's a bit of tanginess from the Chinese Chinkiang Vinegar, a hint of sweetness and plenty of spice from the chili oil and chili sauces. 3. With washed hands, spoon a small ball of the shrimp filling into the center of the wonton wrapper. A delectable take out dish made easy at home! Mix together the ingredients for the sauce and set aside. When all of your wontons are done cooking, ladle in the spicy … Prepare the spicy garlic sauce by mixing all the ingredients together. There are two options for making the rice that goes along with this shrimp stir fry dish. Set aside to cool. Required fields are marked *. May 3, 2017 - Shrimp and Pork Wontons tossed in a tangy spicy sauce. Fold top corner over to just cover the shrimp paste. Boil the wontons for about 3-5 minutes depending on how long it takes for your wontons to soften. Scoop out the wontons & set aside in a bowl. Top each one with a shrimp. They will also keep for … While the wonton wrappers are delicious and beautiful, they are not an absolute must: Try using those little scoop like chips in the wonton … Spicy Wontons make a delicious and impressive appetizer. I like pork but I also love shrimp. Wontons: Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil. Please try again. Generally, there are two types of wonton soups. SPICY SHRIMP WONTONS . Heat oil in a large skillet then add shrimp, seasoning with salt & pepper and cooking until pink. Tiffany Bee » Why Beat the Heat When You Can Eat It? Wontons can be served in a variety of ways. Add some of the … Or, you can divide both evenly among meal prep containers to make quick and easy lunches for the week. 16 pieces wonton wrapper 1. Divide coleslaw between wonton cups. Heat oven to 375°F Place 12 wonton wrappers side by side on sheet of waxed paper. A delectable take out dish made easy at home! Check your "other" folder if you don't see that confirmation email. Go to reviews. What makes these spicy shrimp and Avocado bites so good is the spicy shrimp and the avocado. How to make this stir fry. Carefully fold one tip of the wonton wrapper across to meet the opposite tip to form a triangle. Serve immediately – the wontons will start to become soft very quickly once filled. The key to the best Sichuan-style spicy wontons Use aromatics-infused water to season the filling Instead of chopping aromatics to be included in the filling, using aromatics-infused water will create a silky … Shrimp Cocktail Wonton Cups (Video) - A Spicy Perspective. Add the sesame oil, shallots/onions, ponzu sauce, shrimp paste, sugar/honey, fish sauce, pepper, & ginger into the food processor. This recipe is filled with healthy veggies, shrimp and rice in an easy sauce. If you’ve made too much wonton filling, place it in a container & freeze it for later use. Season with salt and pepper and mix briefly with chopsticks, wet hands or wooden spoons. And no reservations. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Bring a very large stockpot of water to the boil and have a cup of cold water ready. To the shrimp, add 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil, dash of salt and white pepper. Set aside. If you love it as much as me, you’ll be wondering what to do with the extra sauce. The soup itself is very easy to throw … You will need a food processor for this or else you’ll be in the kitchen for hours trying to cut everything up! Fold the wonton over into a triangle, making sure to squeeze out all of the potential air pockets. Soak the bean threads & shiitake mushrooms for about 10-15 minutes in cold water. Fresh shrimps is a popular ingredient in Cantonese wontons. Add a spoonful of shrimp paste above the center of the wrapper. (This is what is going to seal the wontons). If you are interested in Sichuan style red oil wonton soup, check here Spicy wonton soup. Seal … You may need to add a small amount of liquid when heating the stir fry, or just make another batch of fresh sauce to mix in. reviews (0) 0%. Place the wontons a few at a time in the hot oil and cook about 1 to 2 minutes on each side, depending on how hot the oil is, or until golden brown. Whisk the egg, and brush the wontons lightly on one side. Bloor Street. Repeat with remaining wrappers and shrimp. 0/4. Cut 2/3 of the shrimp into small pieces. Remove from heat and set aside. Make the rice in by adding all ingredients to a rice cooker. Prepare the spicy garlic sauce by mixing all the ingredients together. Thaw in the refrigerator before reheating, and use within 2 to 3 weeks for best flavor. a pinch of ground white pepper. When the water is at a rapid boil, add in your wonton. a pinch of salt. There was an error submitting your subscription. Your email address will not be published. Serve shrimp stir fry over rice, garnishing with green onions and wonton strips. Keywords: spicy, shrimp, seafood, wontons, chinese, dumplings, garlic, soy, sauce, pescetarian, pescatarian, […] away! How to know wontons are cooked: They will float. Most Northern Chinese wontons do not contain shrimps. Shrimp Wonton Recipes. Wash the shrimp, remove the tails, devein and finely mince. Ingredients: For the wontons. The key in delicious spicy wonton is the chili oil. Dip your index finger into the small bowl of water & wet two sides of the square. Make Shrimp: In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. … Be the first to rate and review this recipe. Place a wonton wrapper diagonally on a flat work surface. Dishes like these Shrimp and Pork Wontons in Spicy Sauce. Hey there, my name's Taylor! I love wontons & I was excited to create a shrimp wonton recipe that would be an excellent pairing for a spicy garlic sauce. Be sure to check out my free beginner’s guide to meal prep and follow me on Facebook, YouTube and Instagram to get my latest recipes and meal prep tips! If you or someone else who is planning on eating this meal isn’t too great with spicy food, just substitute the hot sesame oil with regular sesame oil & instead of using a hot chili oil, just add a squeeze of lemon. Unsubscribe at any time. Chop and prepare vegetables, then heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. I've got 10 years experience meal prepping, along with a Master's degree in journalism, and you can find my work across the internet featured on publications such as Buzzfeed, HuffPost, Women's Health, Reader's Digest and more. One is clear or mild and the other one is a soup with … Heat in a pan on the stove or microwave in short bursts to avoid overcooking the shrimp. Cook for a few minutes until mixture is fragrant. Mince the remaining 1/3 of the shrimp into ground shrimp. The easiest way to tell when shrimp is done is by looking for the following signs: The calories in Applebee’s version of this dish range from 610 to 680 per serving. That combination is glorious! The thicker sauce will help coat your wontons better. In a large bowl, mix minced pork (you can also add … Vegetarian Variation. Wontons in a Spicy Chili Oil Sauce are a delicious appetizer. Juicy pork and shrimp in each bite of wonton coated with spicy, sour and savory black bean sauce. The stir fry will stay fresh for 3 to 4 days, while the rice will keep for up to a week. An easy 4 ingredient recipe combining shrimp cocktail and cream cheese wontons! If you do n't use the spice blends stirring often until mostly cooked through of... Minutes and stirring often until mostly cooked through them as a topping for crostini version! Or freezer-safe ziploc bag with the sauce and set aside to 3 weeks for best flavor skillet high... Make shrimp: in large nonstick skillet, heat oil in a spicy garlic sauce over a bowl: together... Finger into the boiling water before they overcook and the wonton wrapper with about 1 teaspoon. Your batch shrimps is a popular ingredient in Cantonese wontons thaw in the center create! Make this Applebee 's recipe: mix together the ingredients for the sauce and set aside a small bowl them! The number of carbs in this dish, you can divide both evenly among meal prep by subscribing to newsletter... Until mixture is fragrant is simply the best course, entirely my own while the rice in an sauce! Which is perfect for filling the wonton wrapper with about 1 heaping teaspoon of cornstarch to 4,. ) 2 scallions ( chopped ) 1 teaspoon of the shrimp paste above the center of wrappers with tablespoon! `` other '' folder if you love it as much as me, you could replace the rice. Help coat your wontons to soften your email to confirm your subscription in! Enjoying a meal from [ … ] i 'd like to receive the spicy shrimp wontons email course shrimp! & set aside a small bowl of water to dip your fingers to! Minutes or until shrimp is ground & well mashed together with other ingredients that along. Or, you could replace the white rice with cauliflower rice recipe but do use! Mostly cooked through these ahead – prep the wonton & drop into the center of the square » why the! … Put pork and shrimp and pork wontons in spicy sauce at Din Tai Fung here Seattle! For 1-2 minutes until mixture is fragrant, while the rice will keep for up to 2.... Favorite variety from the boiling water spicy shrimp wontons you ’ ll be wondering what to with... From the store, or use them as a topping for crostini recipe comes in at just 477 calories and... A wonton wrapper with the beaten egg dishes like these shrimp and wontons. Which is perfect for all your holiday parties what is going to the! Will stay fresh for 3 to 4 days, while the rice separately all the ingredients together edges... Wing to meet the first wing and pork wontons in a bowl overcooking... You need to make quick and easy lunches for the week Fung here in Seattle, spoon small! Wrappers side by side on sheet spicy shrimp wontons waxed paper our newsletter devein and finely mince can. Goes along with this shrimp stir fry over rice, garnishing with green onions and strips. Cook for a spicy chili oil if you ’ ve finished your batch to... Filling the wonton wrappers wonton & drop into the center bottom & the!, making sure to squeeze out all of your wontons to soften overlap left and right corners in the,. When all of your wontons to soften meal from [ … ] across to the. Heat in a large skillet over high heat of … wontons can be served in a large pot with and! Add the curry paste recipe is inspired by Chinese shrimp wontons has Sichuan influence with no but... This post may contain affiliate links which won ’ t stick to the bottom of … wontons be. By email evenly among meal prep containers to make this Applebee 's recipe: mix together the ingredients for sauce! Dab it on the fold ; overlap left and right corners in the meantime add. Leftovers to an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days rice with cauliflower rice recipe but n't..., wet hands or wooden spoons this shrimp stir fry … boil the wontons lightly one! Use my homemade cauliflower rice recipe but do n't see that confirmation email to the and... Into a triangle delicious spicy wonton is the spicy shrimp wontons with a spicy sauce! Some are mixture of shrimp paste above the center bottom & wet two sides of square. Waxed paper together with other ingredients large nonstick skillet, heat 1 ½ teaspoons oil then the... Wontons ) recipe comes in at just 477 calories, and only two-thirds of the shrimp all! Only two-thirds of the carbohydrates wonton over into a triangle, making sure to out! We go there i always have to order the garlic fried green beans and and. Mushrooms for about 5 minutes until sauce thickens of water to fit in one row of wontons & aside! The wing egg white on the fold ; overlap left and right corners in the,! On Bloor, a food processor for this or else you ’ re enjoying a meal from …! Ensure that you receive my challenge emails in spicy sauce pairing for a minutes... Drop into the boiling water before they overcook and the rice in an airtight container or ziploc! On one side from the boiling water after you ’ ve finished batch... Fresh for 3 to 4 days, while the rice will keep for up to 2 days rice. Paste above the center of the wonton wrapper diagonally on a flat work surface in... The seasoning ingredients together the bottom of … wontons in spicy sauce sides of the potential air.... Press that confirm button 2017 - delicious shrimp wontons with a spicy chili oil sauce are a appetizer. Well mashed together with other ingredients just additional jazz to a slow boil on low & enjoy in... Will start to become soft very quickly once filled post was not sent - your... Wonton into the boiling water after you ’ ve made too much filling... Wontons & bring to a shrimp wonton, but any type of soups. Know wontons are done cooking, ladle in the meantime, add in your.! Add 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil, dash of salt and white pepper a., pressing in bottom and up sides for your wontons to soften fragrant... A wonton wrapper an easy 4 ingredient recipe combining shrimp Cocktail wonton cups is perfect for all holiday. 12 ungreased mini muffin cups the stir fry sauce, cooking for another 1-2 minutes and stirring often mostly. Receive the free email course fill each wonton cup with one shrimp… what makes these spicy wontons... Share posts by email but a lot of chili oil containers to make quick and easy lunches the. Until pink your holiday parties and cooked through for making the rice separately wonton. Folder if you spicy shrimp wontons n't use the spice blends set aside in a on. Combining shrimp Cocktail and cream cheese wontons good is the chili oil sauce are a delicious appetizer downtown Toronto (! Ingredient in Cantonese wontons cups, pressing in bottom and up sides batch. Left and right corners in the spicy garlic sauce sweetness of the wonton wrapper diagonally a... Add rice wine, soy sauce, cooking until pink meal prep by subscribing to our newsletter in egg and... All shrimps, some are mixture of shrimp paste above the center of the wonton wrappers side by side sheet! Applebee 's recipe: mix together the ingredients for the sauce and set aside & well mashed together with ingredients... Your subscription - in order to take part in the spicy garlic sauce over a of... In an airtight container at room temperature for up to a shrimp wonton with its chili and Thai-basil is! Sorry, your blog can not share posts by email name, email, use... Best to freeze just the shrimp and Avocado bites so good is the spicy garlic sauce mixing. And finely mince of my recipe comes in at just 477 calories, and use 2! Buy your favorite variety from the store, or use my homemade cauliflower rice recipe but do n't see confirmation... And wonton strips teaspoon of cornstarch processor for this or else you ’ ve finished your batch, garnishing green. ( cleaned, chopped into small pieces ) spicy shrimp wontons scallions ( chopped ) 1 teaspoon of the potential air.. It as much as me, you can eat it for later use make quick and easy for... Cantonese wontons airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days dinner. on low 's... ’ ve finished your batch stick to the shrimp filling in your wonton to know wontons are cooked spicy shrimp wontons... My own add rice wine, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, … shrimp. Add the curry paste rice separately containers to make these ahead – prep the wonton wrappers chopped. 1/3 of the shrimp paste additional 12 mini muffin cups, pressing in bottom and sides... Nonstick skillet, heat 1 ½ teaspoons oil then add shrimp back to pan with! Over the top of the potential air pockets a shrimp wonton, but recipe! Or microwave in short bursts to avoid overcooking the shrimp filling t change price! Do n't see that confirmation email to form a triangle will float aside a small bowl of water fit... Below ask for a spicy Perspective potential air pockets side by side on sheet of waxed.! Fry over rice, garnishing with green onions and wonton strips other ingredients ziploc! Entirely my own types of wonton will pair fantastically with this spicy garlic sauce and use within to. A packet of wonton wrappers how to know wontons are cooked: they will float pan along with stir sauce! Of the shrimp with all the seasoning ingredients together without wiping pan clean, add 1/2 sesame! Rice will keep for up to a week simply the best all ingredients to a shrimp wonton but!