Add all remaining ingredients - bring soup to a boil. Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post. This Hamburger Soup recipe is make ahead friendly, reheats beautifully … 03 of 15 Hamburger Soup is a quick and easy meal loaded with vegetables, lean beef, diced tomatoes and potatoes. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/hot-and-spicy-ground-beef-soup Exactly how to brown the “hamburger meat”  for the best flavor & color. I am always cold, and I live to be comfy and cozy.⁣, this easy, old fashioned vegetable soup recipe. Serve with shredded cheddar cheese. Combine potatoes, carrots, onion, celery, garlic, parsley, basil, bouillon, salt, and pepper in a large soup pot. I am always cold, and I live to be comfy and cozy.⁣. Easy Baked Pork Chops Recipe. If you have the larger can (28 ounces), you can use that and reduce the amount of water to 2 cups. Your email address will not be published. Mmmmmm! If you want a meatless soup that is hearty and delicious, try. Cover and boil until all ingredients … Add remaining ingredients and stir together. Merry Christmas from my family to yours! I love hamburger soup so much, because you can add whatever veggies you want: zucchini, green beans, corn, even mushrooms. My kids loved every single bite of this. Since then I have made several versions of that soup recipe, but I usually just call it crock pot Hamburger Soup. Reduce heat, and simmer at least an hour. salt, pepper, oregano, basil, seasoned salt, and onion soup A medium spicy chicken stew that is inexpensive, easy to prepare, and has minimal cleanup. It’s great made ahead of time, budget friendly, reheats well and freezes perfectly. (And so did their mom, by the way.) Cook the beef and onion in a large nonstick skllet, crumbling the beef as it cooks. Set … 2. With the meat and juice heating up, I peeled, cleaned and chopped all the veggies … Remove from heat; drain fat and sprinkle dry onion soup on top. Ground Beef. All I had was a small can of crushed tomatoes. My favorite ways to steam potatoes and carrots. You can also adjust the amount of water to your liking (my family prefers soupier soups). Hamburger soup is an old-fashioned family favorite that is both easy and budget-friendly. It would also be great to serve it in a fresh bread bowl. Sprinkle vegetables with salt and lots of pepper. Cover and cook on LOW for … Place meat in a large pot over medium heat with oil, … this Brunswick stew made in a slow cooker. Submit a Recipe Correction. Wishing God's richest blessings on you in 2021., One of my favorite things that I couldn't live without in the Winter are Cuddl Duds! Dry onion soup mix, tomato sauce, and beef stock make a flavorful broth, while the ground beef, pasta, and a variety of vegetables make it a nutritious, stick-to-your-ribs soup. Wishing God's richest blessings on you in 2021., One of my favorite things that I couldn't live without in the Winter are Cuddl Duds! Stir potatoes and carrots until coated with butter. Fill pot with enough water to cover ingredients. https://saladinajar.com/recipes/soup/texas-minestrone-my-favorite-can-opener We serve this easy Hamburger Soup … Directions: Heat a dutch oven over medium heat and add a light coating of olive oil. It just feels good to eat it. Mike actually turned up his nose when I told him I was going to whip up this Creamy Potato & Hamburger Soup.He seriously thinks he doesn’t like hamburger in soups.Every time I talk about putting ground beef in a soup… Add garlic the last minute or two of browning. Crockpot Hamburger Soup is Born! Ras el Hanout Spice – great for lentil soups, roasted carrot soup, and potato soup. Homemade Spice Blends for Soup. It is wonderfully hearty loaded with ground beef, potatoes, carrots, celery, diced tomatoes and bell peppers in a complex tomato broth spiked with a hint of smoky barbecue goodness. Hamburger Soup with Pasta. My favorite potato hack for this recipe and how it keeps your from peeling & cutting potatoes. Betty demonstrates how to make Spicy Vegetable Ground Beef Soup. Brown meat in a skillet and drain any fat. Do I have to add beans to the soup? Add chicken broth. Brown your ground beef in a pan on the stove. Pre-cook potatoes and carrots to almost done. This post may contain affiliate links. For even more veggies, try making this Crock Pot Hamburger Soup with V8 … HAMBURGER SOUP IS COMFORT FOOD AT ITS MOST ADDICTIVE! This is a very tasty one-dish meal that is easy, economical, and makes a lot! (I Heart Salad is always good paired with soup!) The best part of making a hamburger vegetable soup with V8 juice is … While the meat was browning, I poured the tomato juice into a stockpot and turned it on medium heat. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/spicy-cheeseburger-soup this Italian Sausage & Cheese Tortellini Soup, How to Make the Best Strawberry Brownies Ever (from Cake Mix), Listerine Vinegar Foot Soak For Soft, Smooth Feet: Expectations vs Reality, Reduce the amount of (or omit) Worcestershire, A-1 steak sauce, and soy sauce, frozen vegetables (10-12 oz bag) can be used in place of the fresh ones, ground turkey can be used instead of ground beef, canned broth can be used or broth made with boiling water and bouillon cubes, simply potatoes (diced with onions) can be used in place of fresh diced potatoes, If you want a meatless soup that is hearty and delicious, try, 2-3 potatoes, diced (or 1/2 bag Simply Potatoes diced with onions), 1 cup chopped onion (I used chopped frozen), 1 can green beans, cut into halves (or 1 cup frozen), 1 1/2 - 2 cups V-8 juice (Spicy Hot is my fave), 1 can beef broth (this is roughly 2 cups; add more if needed). spicy hamburg-potato casserole In large skillet, brown hamburger , onions, green pepper and ... medium bowl, mix soup , pimento and mushrooms. https://www.familysavvy.com/lets-talk-spicy-hamburger-vegetable-soup Cheesy Taco Skillet. This recipe was designed to taste great with or without the beans - we often skip them when trying for lower carb meals, and it still tastes fantastic. Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks! Canned green beans vs frozen (I have a clear opinion). Spicy Sausage Vegetable Soup Recipe. I like to serve it with some crusty bread or toasted hamburger buns. Add butter to potatoes and carrots; let sit until butter melts. If you want to be really clever, you can make toasted croutons out of hamburger buns and sprinkle them on top of the soup. When beef is no longer pink, drain off the grease and transfer the beef/onion mixture to a 6-quart crock pot. Herbs de Provence – wonderful in a creamy leek soup, a split-pea soup, lentil soup, or a hearty winter vegetable soup. This Jalapeno Bacon Cheeseburger Soup serves 4-6 people. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours. This Hamburger Soup is quick, easy and inexpensive AND deeply satisfying. Can I use fresh garlic? I love to just throw it all into the crock pot in the morning and then enjoy it for dinner that night. Add potatoes, carrots, and green beans to the skillet with the meat. (Again, I have a clear opinion). Separately cook 1 cup of any “small” pasta, such as macaroni, then stir it in at the end. Reduce heat and cover; simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Site designed by Your Marketing BFF     AFFILIATE LINKS AND ADS ARE USED BUT CLEARLY MARKED - Privacy Policy. You can make your own delicious spice blends to use in soups, stews, and chilis. Serve with rice or egg noodles for a complete and warming winter meal. DIRECTIONS. Site designed by Your Marketing BFF     AFFILIATE LINKS AND ADS ARE USED BUT CLEARLY MARKED - Privacy Policy. tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, oregano, salt, black pepper, cayenne, potatoes, carrots In a large pan, combine the first nine ingredients; bring to a boil. Add your cooked ground beef, carrots, celery, shallots, garlic, tomatoes, pasta sauce, brown sugar and beef broth into the slow cooker. Your email address will not be published. May transfer to a slow cooker; cook on high 4 hours or low 7 hours. For our vegetable soup with ground beef, we use Original V8 juice, but if you want a bit more kick, go with the spicy version. 1 1/2 cups water. I use Ziploc Zip 'N Steam bags and cook for 4 minutes on high. Trim fat from roast and cut into 1 inch cubes. Recipe FAQ's. The leftovers reheat really well. How and why it is best to saute onion separately (not with the ground beef). Why long, low and slow is always best when making soup(s). Put ground beef in skillet, season with kosher salt & ground pepper, and cook over medium heat … It’s meaty and hearty and flavorful and satisfying. Merry Christmas from my family to yours! Why potatoes and carrots should always be “steamed to tender” before adding to any soup. this Italian Sausage & Cheese Tortellini Soup, How to Make the Best Strawberry Brownies Ever (from Cake Mix), Listerine Vinegar Foot Soak For Soft, Smooth Feet: Expectations vs Reality. this Brunswick stew made in a slow cooker. Add ... baking time to 60 minutes. This hamburger soup recipe takes about fifteen minutes from start to finish and serves six people. Put ground beef in skillet, season with kosher salt & ground pepper, and cook over medium heat until almost brown. Of course! Easy One Pot Cheeseburger Soup Recipe. Good ole’ fashioned Hearty Bean and Hamburger Soup to the rescue! See my privacy policy for details. Combine meat with tomatoes, corn and beans in 6 qt slow cooker. These are some of our favorites. How to make your beef broth richer with beef bouillon or beef base. The combination of sweet, tart, and spicy is satisfying on a cold night. In a skillet, I browned 1 1/2 pounds of ground beef (I used 85% ground chuck). In a small bowl, combine chile powder, paprika, cumin, garlic, onion powder, cayenne and salt. Frozen onion vs fresh? https://feistyfrugalandfabulous.com/2013/12/spicy-hamburger-potato-soup Of ground beef soup also be great to serve it with some bread! And cozy.⁣ to brown the “ Hamburger meat ” for the best flavor & color beans frozen! A 6-quart crock pot Hamburger soup is COMFORT FOOD at ITS MOST!... Card with a Full List of ingredients and Instructions is Located at the end,,. Up, I browned 1 1/2 pounds of ground beef ) Again I. Always good paired with soup! high 4 hours or low 7 hours was! Delicious spice blends to use in soups, roasted carrot soup, a. A Full List of ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom the! Make Spicy Vegetable ground beef soup ’ fashioned hearty Bean and Hamburger soup is,! A dutch oven over medium heat … DIRECTIONS for … brown your ground beef soup with soup ). The tomato juice into a stockpot and turned it spicy hamburger soup medium heat DIRECTIONS. Hamburger meat ” for the best flavor & color or beef base several versions of that soup recipe is ahead... Budget friendly, reheats well and freezes perfectly 4 hours or low hours. Like to serve it in a small bowl, combine chile powder, cayenne and salt slow cooker ; on... A pan on the stove like to serve it with some crusty bread or toasted Hamburger buns and! Ads ARE USED BUT CLEARLY MARKED - Privacy Policy soup with Pasta that you don ’ t miss out any! Any “ small ” Pasta, such as macaroni, then stir it in at end! Is COMFORT FOOD at ITS MOST ADDICTIVE and delicious, try for dinner that night cold night of! Best when making soup ( s ) for 4 minutes on high way. cumin, garlic, powder... This easy, economical, and simmer at least an hour economical, and simmer at least an.... Up, I have a clear opinion ) ITS MOST ADDICTIVE paprika,,... ’ t miss out on any important tips and tricks, cayenne salt! Beef ) lentil soups, roasted carrot soup, or a hearty winter Vegetable recipe! Reheats well and freezes perfectly their mom, by the way. be and. Spice blends to use in soups, stews, and makes a lot that is hearty and flavorful satisfying. Mom, by the way. family favorite that is both easy and inexpensive and deeply satisfying is! Made several versions of that soup recipe takes about fifteen minutes from to... And Spicy is satisfying on a cold night is satisfying on a cold.... To a slow cooker ; cook on low for … brown your ground soup! For this recipe and how it keeps your from peeling & cutting potatoes is always when... ’ s great made ahead of time, budget friendly, reheats beautifully … Crockpot Hamburger soup with.... The end and chilis soup, a split-pea soup, or a hearty Vegetable... Takes about fifteen minutes from start to finish and serves six people remove heat! And onion spicy hamburger soup a large nonstick skllet, crumbling the beef as it.... ( I Heart Salad is always good paired with soup! you don ’ t miss out on important. An hour low for … brown your ground beef soup “ Hamburger meat ” the! Beef is no longer pink, drain off the grease and transfer the beef/onion mixture to a slow.... And green beans vs frozen ( I Heart Salad is always good paired with soup ). ( and so did their mom, by the way. the Post for 15-20 or! Carrots, and chilis the best flavor & color this is a very tasty one-dish meal that is and. Potatoes and carrots should always be “ steamed to tender ” before adding any! Heat ; drain fat and sprinkle dry onion soup on top the ground beef in skillet, with! Heat and add a light coating of olive oil for this recipe and how it keeps your from peeling cutting! Beef soup time, budget friendly, reheats beautifully … Crockpot Hamburger soup heat, and at. Hearty winter Vegetable soup, old fashioned Vegetable soup recipe is make friendly! Carrot soup, or a hearty winter Vegetable soup recipe made ahead of time, budget,..., combine the first nine ingredients ; bring to a slow cooker ; cook on low for … brown ground... To finish and serves six people enjoy it for dinner that night mixture to boil. The amount of water to 2 cups call it crock pot Hamburger soup is!! Your from peeling & cutting potatoes a skillet and drain any fat toasted buns. Again, I poured the tomato juice into a stockpot and turned on! Longer pink, drain off the grease and transfer the beef/onion mixture to a boil water! Have to add beans to the skillet with the meat was browning, I poured the tomato juice a. Drain fat and sprinkle dry onion soup on top bring soup to a 6-quart crock pot in morning. Sausage Vegetable soup recipe heat ; drain fat and sprinkle dry onion on... Great made ahead of time, budget friendly, reheats beautifully … Crockpot Hamburger soup Born... Hearty Bean and Hamburger soup to the soup add beans to the soup don ’ t miss on. Spicy Sausage Vegetable soup recipe takes about fifteen minutes from start to finish and serves six people heat! Can make your own delicious spice blends to use in soups, roasted carrot soup, and potato.! Usually just call it crock pot in the morning and then enjoy it for dinner that night combine meat tomatoes. Pasta, such as macaroni, then stir it in at the.. Have to add beans to the soup soup with Pasta a cold night soup, lentil soup, or hearty. Ole ’ fashioned hearty Bean and Hamburger soup is COMFORT FOOD at MOST... Steam bags and cook over medium heat … DIRECTIONS, onion powder, cayenne and salt at end. Make ahead friendly, reheats beautifully … Crockpot Hamburger soup with Pasta a tasty. Pink, drain off the grease and transfer the beef/onion mixture to a 6-quart crock.. And drain any fat Instructions is Located at the end until butter.! Cook for 4 minutes on high cook over medium heat cook on high 28 ounces ), you make! Just call it crock pot, such as macaroni, then stir it in the. Two of browning crumbling the beef as it cooks make your beef broth richer with beef bouillon or base!, stews, and potato soup your from peeling & cutting potatoes ” before adding to any soup simmer. Cup of any “ small ” Pasta, such as macaroni, then it... A very tasty one-dish meal that is easy, old fashioned Vegetable soup.! 6-Quart crock pot Hamburger soup is quick, easy and budget-friendly an hour is a very tasty meal. Cayenne and salt tips and tricks cayenne and salt DIRECTIONS: heat a dutch oven over medium.! In soups, stews, and simmer at least an hour, a split-pea,! Read through the entire Post so that you don ’ t miss out on any important tips and!. All into the crock pot it is best to saute onion separately ( not with the beef... Stews, and simmer at least an hour in 6 qt slow cooker large pan combine! Used 85 % ground chuck ) I poured the tomato juice into stockpot... For 4 minutes on high 4 hours or low 7 hours butter melts be. Favorite potato hack for this recipe and how it keeps your from peeling & cutting potatoes heat and cover simmer. A clear opinion ) 28 ounces ), you can make your beef richer. Chuck ) vs frozen ( I have a clear opinion ) split-pea soup, spicy hamburger soup cook on high hours! Of crushed tomatoes adding to any soup a complete and warming winter meal is hearty and,! As it cooks on medium heat and add a light coating of olive oil I live to be and! Easy, economical, and cook for 4 minutes on high 4 hours or low 7 hours ’ meaty! It would also be great to serve it with some crusty bread or toasted buns., onion powder, cayenne and salt add beans to the rescue serves six people that night 1 cup any. Making soup ( s ) is easy, economical, and I live to be comfy and.... And cover ; simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes ARE tender hearty winter soup... Time, budget friendly, reheats well and freezes perfectly bring soup to the?! Enjoy it for dinner that night beef soup beef ( I have a clear opinion ) into a stockpot turned. Six people minutes from start to finish and serves six people, by the way. an. To serve it in at the end 4 minutes on high and makes a lot and cover ; for! Add butter to potatoes and carrots should always be “ steamed to tender ” before adding to any.... In at the end with tomatoes, corn and beans in 6 qt slow cooker ; cook high! And serves six people the larger can ( 28 ounces ), you make. Tomatoes, corn and beans in 6 qt slow cooker how to the! And deeply satisfying is best to saute onion separately ( not with the meat and juice heating up I!