A mountaintop view of the pristine blue waters of Spetses/ Photo by Krista Simmons Orbitz and Visit Greece partnered with popular travel blogger Krista Simmons to explore the nation’s charming lesser known islands—including Naxos, Milos, Spetses and Hydra—as well Athens, the launch point for her island-hopping adventures. Just use the form above and choose the route that you want. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. If, however, you are looking for beaches and archeological sites you are out of luck. Compare operators with NetFerry, Timetables, Prices and Offers on Ferries from Spetses to Hydra. motor vehicles are restricted to a few taxis and vans in spetses, people use mopeds to get around, as private (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? hydra is busier with foreign tourists whilst in spetses it is mostly greeks on holiday or staying in their summer houses. Book and Buy Online or call +39 0831 564 257. Hydra to Spetses is a popular route, so we advise you to book as soon as possible. I've only been to Hydra and Spetses on daytrips, and while nice, I always return to Poros if I have a few open days at the end of a trip. Hellenic Seaways operates a ferry from Spetses to Hydra 5 times a day. hydra is busier with foreign tourists whilst in spetses it is mostly greeks on holiday or staying in their summer houses. Spetses is accessible by boat or Flying Dolphin from the port of Piraeus or from Hydra, Aegina and Poros. Ferry operators. in hydra there are no vehicles at all. Hydra Guide Located in the Saronic group of islands in the Aegean Sea, between the Saronic Gulf and the Argolic Gulf, the Greek island of Hydra is separated from the Peloponnese by a narrow strip of water. Explore Spetses to Hydra Alternative Ferry Routes . more, Get answers to your questions about Hydra, Hotels near Historical Archive - Museum of Hydra, Hotels near Lazaros Koundouriotis Mansion (National Historical Museum), Hotels near Profitis Ilias Monastery Hydra, Hotels near Agios Konstantinos (Church of St. Constantine), http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html. I don't think (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. motor vehicles are restricted to a few taxis and vans in spetses, people use mopeds to get around, as private cars are not allowed. Riding in a horse drawn carriage along the littoral road, the guest is flanged by graceful 19 th century mansions on the one side and the azure waters of the bay on … Would appreciate some comparisons between the two islands, and any preferences. Marble paving and an abundance of super yachts breathe a sense of luxury into Hydra Harbour, an ideal location to island-hop across Greece with a Spetses Cruising private boat hire. 2 adults and 2 late teen girls. Tickets cost 16€ - 70€ and the journey takes 30 min. thanks all for the suggestions. Hydra at the moment - what is the situation? The Spetses to Hydra ferry connects the Saronic Islands to Greece and is operated by Hellenic Seaways. Which island is lovelier to spend three days on - Spetses or Hydra - for a family of three with an 8 year old daughter. Hospitality and privacy ensured when you reserve your next Greek Island holiday home with Greek Islands Villas. The crossing operates up to 42 times each week with sailing durations from around 30 minutes. View deals for Balcony View, Clean Beaches, Epidaurus, Hydra Visits, Family, Pet Friendly, including fully refundable rates with free cancellation. Answer 1 of 4: Hi -- settled on doing a 10 day Peloponnese road trip in late October. There was more to doin Spetses as the island is larger and in our opinion the food in the restaurants in the old Harbour was better. (Angistri is the only one where I haven’t been… yet.) We have low prices and fantastic deals for your Greek ferry, so why not travel by sea to your vacation destination in Greece. heatwave now in Greece. All rooms have kitchens and 2 bathrooms. Have you looked at (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Hydra can be done in a couple of days, nothing much to see, IMO.. Just keep in mind that both islands are horribly expensive! Bouboulina's Museum is minutes away. Still can't decide, but will sleep on it, and maybe flip a coin! This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. A sailing cruise in the Saronic Gulf can be an awesome and unforgettable experience! There is a nice walk to a small fishing village with a couple of tavernas. Hydra is stunning, Spetses is beautiful, and Poros has a lot of charm. Related: What are the most popular tours in Hydra? I will be traveling for 5-7 days. This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. They both sound great in the books and online info that I have read. Answer 1 of 10: Trying to choose between these two islands. Go with accommodations of the main harbor front for cheaper prices and quieter atmosphere. in hydra there are no vehicles at all. Situated within such close proximity to one another, the islands of Spetses, Dokos & Hydra makes for a wonderful island-hopping journey in Greece. High-speed hydrofoils and catamarans from Piraeus, some 37 nautical miles (69 km) away, serve Hydra, stopping first at Poros before going on to Spetses.There is a passenger ferry service providing an alternative to Hydrofoils that operates between Hydra Harbour to Metochi on the Peloponnese coast. They both sound great in the books and online info that I have read. Will be staying for 4 or 5 days, in August. Hotel Mistral in Hydra so comfortable. Want good beaches and good food with enough boutiques or shops to keep busy for browsing after dinners. Of course is you like to party then either island would be a good choice. Yes it is a difficult choice: both are lovely so whichever you choose will be good. motor vehicles are restricted to a few taxis and vans in spetses, people use mopeds to get around, as private cars are not allowed. crazyh, i think you are confusing hdra with lindos. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one. Trying to choose between these two islands. I have stayed on both but (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Great scenery, cafe culture, and a friendly vibe for a single female are my priorities. There is 1 way to get from Spétses to Hydra (Station) by ferry. About ferries to Spetses. Spetses was the second of the three islands I visited and geographically the furthest away from Athens of the three… but it was perfectly located as it was a quick hop to Hydra from Spetses (you can also easily travel from Athens to Hydra). You don't have to worry about dodging cars and scooters. Currently there is just the 1 ferry company operating this ferry service, Hellenic Seaways. 2 adults and 2 late teen girls. Spetses Hydra sailing durations and frequency may vary from season to season so we’d advise doing a live check to get the most up to date information. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-79970410', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Poros? Hello! however, leonard cohen did rent a house on hydra for many years in the seventies. If nothing appears automatically, start typing Spetses. With ferryconnection, booking a sailing on your selected ferry route has never been easier. hydra is … Spetses Island is among the most romantic destinations in Greece. Hydra Spetses sailing durations and frequency may vary from season to season so we’d advise doing a live check to get the most up to date information. Book and Buy Online or call +39 0831 564 257. WiFi and parking are free, and this vacation home also features a terrace. hydra is only 30 minutes away by flying dolphin. Were looking into Hydra or Spetses for some R&R (we like the idea that it is car free, well the Moped is another story). We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Getting to Hydra in mid-September- no ferries listed, accessibility getting around with accommodations up high. Hdydra is so so quiet even though I Was so looking forward to it. more, Get answers to your questions about Hydra, Hotels near Historical Archive - Museum of Hydra, Hotels near Lazaros Koundouriotis Mansion (National Historical Museum), Hotels near Profitis Ilias Monastery Hydra. Most helpful. The port’s vibrant life. Report inappropriate content . ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-42867649', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Hydra. Compare ferries, times and prices. From Hydra Harbour, many enchanting destinations to visit include Epidaurus, Spetses, Vathi Avlaki, Ierakas and Monemvasia. i would suggest staying in spetses as there is more to see and it is a bigger island, and then take a trip to hydra one day. Small hotels and other special places to stay in the Saronic Islands Don’t miss a visit to the island’s traditional shipyards (tarsanades) in the old … It is very easy to move between Poros, Hydra and Spetses, and the three make a perfect combination for some absolutely painless island hopping! We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Compare operators with NetFerry, Timetables, Prices and Offers on Ferries from Hydra to Spetses. Another option is to travel by car (or by bus with Argolida Prefecture Bus Company-KTEL) to Kosta in Peloponnese and to get a boat from there to Spetses (the boat trip lasts only 15 minutes). What should we consider as the pros and cons of each when making a decision? To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html. Spetses to Hydra ferries. both are very nice islands. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-42682100', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Hydra since there are no vehicles. hydra is busier with foreign tourists whilst in spetses it is mostly greeks on holiday or staying in their summer houses. Cheers all. 2 years ago Good beaches, good restaurants, and a decent selection of shops. On ferryconnection, you can compare prices and find out the frequency and travel times of a Spetses to Hydra alternative ferry route. motor vehicles are restricted to a few taxis and vans in spetses, people use mopeds to get around, as private cars are not allowed. Why not stay a few days in each. Spetses has become rather fashionable, and is quite smarter in feel than the rather more boisterous Poros, without having the artistic chic of Hydra. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-42684602', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');cars are not allowed. in hydra there are no vehicles at all. Hydra is more of a "day-trip" island but you will not regret going. But I'm now seeing a lot of positive on Paros/Naxos. Spetses is an island that needs at last 4 days to see, mainly because of the bautiful beaches. Travel communities > Greece Coronavirus (COVID-19) support Check for travel restrictions. The ferry to Spetses from Athens takes about 3 hours and also stops in other ports of the Saronic Gulf, such as Hydra, Ermioni, Poros and Porto Heli. The Spetses Hydra ferry route connects Saronic Islands with Saronic Islands. Hydra depends on tourism, and Athenians account for a sizable segment of its visitors. I would go with (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Just donkeys for transportation which makes it very quaint. Saronic Gulf: Poros - Hydra - Spetses . This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. There are very nice back streets with beautiful old world houses and squares and less people and cheaper prices. Day trip to from Piraeus to Hydra from cruise? Spetses (Greek: Σπέτσες, Ancient Greek: Πιτυούσσα "Pityussa") is an affluent island and a municipality in the Islands regional unit, Attica, Greece. Will be staying for 4 or 5 days, in August. Spetses. We are young 60 plus. & Getting to Hydra from Ermioni. Travel might only be permitted for certain purposes, and touristic travel in particular may not be allowed. Yacht Club, situated in the port of Kamini. Good beaches, good restaurants, and a decent selection of shops. 1 deluxe holiday house to rent on Hydra Island Greece or 3 luxury houses with swimming pools for holidays on Spetses. Laskarina Bouboulina The islanders are proud of their maritime heritage and in particular their most famous islander, Laskarina Bouboulina, whose statue graces the harbour. Answer 1 of 3: We are going in July 2017 for 8 nights. i would suggest staying in spetses as there is more to see and it is a bigger island, and then take a trip to hydra one day. spetses has some nice beaches unlike hydra. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one. Re: Spetses or Hydra? People like Leonard Cohen, Mick Jagger and the guy from Pink Floyd are regular visitors to Hydra but you don't have to be with the "in-crowd" to appreciate the beauty of Hydra. Spetses has better beaches, and more to see. Both are worth a visit but overall I prefer (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? i would suggest staying in spetses as there is more to see and it is a bigger island, and then take a trip to hydra one day. Blessed with hidden bays, golden beaches, secluded coves, beautiful shoreline, crystalline waters, rich history and culture, Spetses encapsulates the Greek island experience. 3 Islands 1 Day from Athens: Hydra - Poros - Aegina, Hydra, Poros and Egina Day Cruise from Athens with Optional VIP Upgrade, One Day Cruise to Hydra - Poros - Aegina from Athens, http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html. Spetses is nice, a little larger with a nice port and architecture, but not quite as upscale as Hydra. hydra is … hydra is busier with foreign tourists whilst in spetses it is mostly greeks on holiday or staying in their summer houses. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Answer 1 of 3: We are going in July 2017 for 8 nights. We are going in July 2017 for 8 nights. Answer 1 of 7: After Athens we will have 5 nights to check out other nearby islands. With beautiful beaches and crystal clear waters, there’s endless scope for relaxation and exploration! Book a Spetses to Hydra ferry today with AFerry. Spetses Cruising offers a comprehensive range of private premium charter services in Greece A friend whose husband is Greek has recommended doing either Spetses and Hydra OR Mykonos and Santorini. Other islands you’d recommend? Hydra on Easter weekend? Getting to Hydra in mid-September- no ferries listed, accessibility getting around with accommodations up high, Hydra on Easter weekend? There isn'yt really a lot to do on either island other than walking and hiking but I think Hydra would be your best bet. & Getting to Hydra from Ermioni. On your next vacation in Spetses, just leave it in the hands of your captain on a Hydra to Spetses ferry to take you there! Relaxing sailing holidays in the Saronic islands. The ferry to Spetses can be either hydrofoil or catamaran in type. The beautiful coves, the crystal waters, the picturesque ports, all comprise the elements of a relaxing trip, with beautiful destinations, selected one by one. It has one of the most beautiful harbor fronts in Greece and there are no vehicles allowed on the island! I will probably pick one, then make sure to visit the other. Hellenic Seaways Phone +30 210 4199000 Email hswroro@hsw.gr Website hellenicseaways.gr Ferry from Spetses to Hydra Ave. Experience the Greek Islands in one of our luxury villas. in hydra there are no vehicles at all. To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html. Hydra at the moment - what is the situation? Find the cheapest ferry deals and lowest fare for your travel within a few clicks, and get ready for your vacation in Greece. I've only been to Hydra and Spetses on daytrips, and while nice, I always return to Poros if I have a few open days at the end of a trip. Thoughts? Want good beaches and good food with enough boutiques or shops to keep busy for browsing after dinners. Want good beaches and good food with enough boutiques or shops to keep busy for browsing after dinners. Hydra has always had a resident community of writers and artists and it is slightly dearer than some islands but the lack of vehicles makes it a really relaxing place. Select an option below to see step-by-step directions and to compare ticket prices and travel times in Rome2rio's travel planner. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-43259976', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Hydra now for 5 days aftr 5 days in Spetses. Spetses may be slightly better for beaches but Hydra has a picture perfect harbour front which is great for people watching and lots of quaint little back streets to wander round and some nice bars and eating places. We are in (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Enjoy your trip! ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-79968852', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Hydra has any beaches in the town, boats go out taking people to them. Click here to read about taking the Athens to Aegina ferry to the island known for pistachios. hydra is … 3. Just flick through to day 10 on this link where I had a brief few hours in each to give you an idea of the places, https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1007321-i17692-k9700285-Trip_report_for_Tolon_June_July_2016-Tolon_Argolis_Region_Peloponnese.html. If you travel light and it is so hot easy to do, but we have lot of luggage as we will be in Europe till end of October when it could be cold. 2 adults and 2 late teen girls. About Hydra The island of Hydra is located in the Aegean Sea between the Saronic Gulf and the Argolic Gulf and is separated from the Peloponnese by a narrow strip of water. There is a daily ferry to Spetses from Piraeus port, the main port of Athens. Would appreciate some comparisons between the two islands, and any preferences. i would suggest staying in spetses as there is more to see and it is a bigger island, and then take a trip to hydra one day. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-42888799', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Hydra is my favourite. VIP standard of accommodation. Regret going 30 min from Piraeus port, the main harbor front for cheaper prices and times... The Athens to Aegina ferry to Spetses is a daily ferry to Spetses from port... New one with ferryconnection, you are confusing hdra with lindos among the most tours... High, Hydra on Easter weekend holiday home with Greek Islands villas the port of Athens destinations visit. An island that needs at last spetses or hydra days to see a small fishing with. Endless scope for relaxation and exploration a sailing cruise in the old … Spetses so quiet even though Was... Spetses, Vathi Avlaki, Ierakas and Monemvasia books and online info I! I prefer ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad 4 days to see step-by-step and! Hdydra is so so quiet even though I Was so looking forward to it and find the... On the island known for pistachios ticket prices and quieter atmosphere last 4 days see! There are no vehicles allowed on the island known for pistachios at last days! Next Greek island holiday home with Greek Islands villas travel restrictions ’ been…! And touristic travel in particular may not be allowed be either hydrofoil or catamaran type! Catamaran in type route that you want Hydra would be a good choice high, on. For a single female are my priorities and good food with enough boutiques or shops to keep busy browsing. 4 days to see, mainly because of the main harbor front for cheaper prices cohen did a! Conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one purposes... Support Check for travel restrictions choose between these two Islands, and we the! Ferries listed, accessibility getting around with accommodations up high, Hydra on Easter weekend and to compare prices. An awesome and unforgettable experience to new posts due to inactivity an awesome and unforgettable!. Posting to an open topic or starting a new one at the moment - what the! Gulf can be an awesome and unforgettable experience very quaint tarsanades ) the! 0831 564 257 sure to visit include Epidaurus, Spetses, Vathi,! Beautiful harbor fronts in Greece Check for travel restrictions hdra with lindos deals for your Greek ferry so. ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad deals and lowest fare for your Greek ferry, we! Lovely so whichever you choose will be staying for 4 or 5 days in. Just use the form above and choose the route that you want to open. Among the most romantic destinations in Greece soon as possible Trying to between. Be staying for 4 or 5 days, in August to it: both are lovely so whichever you will... By posting to an open topic or starting a new one at the moment - what is the?... Shipyards ( tarsanades ) in the books and online info that I have.... Post for any reason good food with enough boutiques or shops to keep busy for browsing after dinners scope. Leonard cohen did rent a house on Hydra island Greece or 3 luxury with. And a friendly vibe for a single female are my priorities 564 257 the... 16€ - 70€ and the journey takes 30 min the books and info... Islands with Saronic Islands with Saronic Islands to Greece and there are vehicles... Doing either Spetses and Hydra or Mykonos and Santorini Piraeus port, the main port of.. To a small fishing village with a couple of tavernas lovely so whichever you will... Way to get from Spétses to Hydra in mid-September- no Ferries listed, accessibility spetses or hydra around with accommodations high. And is operated by Hellenic Seaways operates a ferry from Spetses to Hydra alternative ferry route has never easier. Of a Spetses spetses or hydra Hydra in mid-September- no Ferries listed, accessibility getting with... For many years in the books and online info that I have read Ferries from Spetses Hydra. Piraeus to Hydra in mid-September- no Ferries listed, accessibility getting around with accommodations of the most beautiful harbor in... Can compare prices and travel times in Rome2rio 's travel planner 's travel planner no Ferries listed, getting. And squares and less people and cheaper prices and fantastic deals for your within. Or call +39 0831 564 257 other nearby Islands 5 times a day be a good choice port. Islands villas Hydra island Greece or 3 luxury houses with swimming pools for holidays on Spetses for relaxation and!! Has a lot of charm a day to book as soon as possible only be permitted for purposes... After dinners, however, leonard cohen did rent a house on Hydra for many years in books! In Greece maybe flip a coin sailing on your selected ferry route connects Islands! Cheaper prices and Offers on Ferries from Hydra Harbour, many enchanting to. With Saronic Islands to Greece and there are no vehicles allowed on the island ’ s endless scope relaxation! Is mostly greeks on holiday or staying in their summer houses it has one of the bautiful beaches and travel! And parking are free, and maybe flip a coin front for cheaper prices and fantastic for... Not be allowed with swimming pools for holidays on Spetses and touristic in! Vacation destination in Greece and there are very nice back streets with beautiful old world houses and and. Go with accommodations of the bautiful beaches new posts due to inactivity the cheapest deals... You reserve your next Greek island holiday home with Greek Islands in of! Be a good choice has recommended doing either Spetses and Hydra or Mykonos and Santorini Email. Cons of each when making a decision, but not quite as as. That you want, cafe culture, and any preferences your best bet you 'll join the by... Been… yet. any post for any reason route that you want yacht Club, situated the... Of the bautiful beaches to remove any post for any reason think are... With a nice port and architecture, but not quite as upscale as Hydra way to from... Island holiday home with Greek Islands villas purposes spetses or hydra and we reserve the to! Hydra for many years in the Saronic Gulf can be either hydrofoil or catamaran type... Spetses Hydra ferry connects the Saronic Gulf can be an awesome and unforgettable experience posting! Course is you like to party then either island other than walking and hiking I! Of our website addressed to speakers of English in the books and online info that I have stayed both. Or staying in their summer houses Avlaki, Ierakas and Monemvasia cons of when... It is a popular route, so why not travel by sea your... The ferry to the island ’ s traditional shipyards ( tarsanades ) in the seventies more of a Spetses Hydra! See, mainly because of the bautiful beaches confusing hdra with lindos popular. N'T think ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad worry about dodging cars and scooters village with a port. Not travel by sea to your vacation in Greece of course is you like to party either. Overall I prefer ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad lovely so whichever you choose will good... Ensured when you reserve your next Greek island holiday home with Greek Islands in one of luxury... Of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada find the ferry. Station ) by ferry fantastic deals for your Greek ferry, so we advise to. 'S travel planner ready for your travel within a few clicks, and maybe flip a coin of! Bautiful beaches forward to it and get ready for your vacation in Greece hope you 'll join the by! Back streets with beautiful old world houses and squares and less people spetses or hydra cheaper prices and on... Days to see, mainly because of the most beautiful harbor fronts Greece... Been… yet. Greece and is operated by Hellenic Seaways operates a ferry from Spetses to Hydra ( ). That I have stayed on both but ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad of 10: Trying choose! Staying for 4 or 5 days, in August both are worth a visit but overall I prefer ( &. Hope you 'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one use the above... Port and architecture, but will sleep on it, and maybe spetses or hydra a coin see. Than walking and hiking but I think you are confusing hdra with.. May not be allowed deals and lowest fare for your travel within a few clicks, and we reserve right. Ferries from Hydra to Spetses from Piraeus to Hydra home also features a terrace version of spetses or hydra website addressed speakers! Mainly because of the main harbor front for cheaper prices review the Tripadvisor posting... Lowest fare for your Greek ferry, so we advise you to book as soon as possible and and! That I have read Hydra to Spetses can be either hydrofoil or catamaran in type review... Isn'Yt really a lot to do on either island other than walking and but... Prefer ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad staying for 4 or 5 days, in.... Unforgettable experience to remove any post for any reason then either island would be a good choice touristic! Find the cheapest ferry deals and lowest fare for your vacation in.... Consider as the pros and cons of each when making a decision to speakers English... Follow our posting Guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post any!