These cookies … Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat, or grease the pan. Roll out half of the dough on floured surface. Dip glass in sugar … Mix until incorporated, but do not over mix. Almost … Add chocolate chips. Grease bottom of a glass. Combine the flour, nutmeg and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Whisk or stir to blend the dry ingredients thoroughly. Add flour mixture and sour cream (alternating a small amount at a time with sour cream) to 1st mixture. 5 dozen cookies. 1 teaspoon baking soda This is a cookie recipe that has been in the Reese family for generations. Beat in the eggs, vanilla and sour cream. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Close your eyes and picture a soft, pillowy sugar cookie that has a slight sour cream tang to it, paired with a delightful hint of nutmeg. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Use slightly rounded spoonfuls rather than level ones. About 1 cup of chopped nuts can be added to the batter before baking, or add chocolate chips or mini chips. Makes about 60 cookies. In a medium mixing bowl beat sugar and shortening with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until thoroughly combined. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto a greased baking sheet. They are so incredibly soft and sweet. INGREDIENTS Nutrition. or just until centers are set and edges are lightly browned. Cream together butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar in bowl until light and fluffy, using electric mixer at medium speed. Buttermilk Cookies with Nutmeg and Sour Cream Frosting recipe: These were like a glass of eggnog in a cookie. Place 2" apart on lightly greased cookie sheets. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. They are quick to make since refrigeration or frosting is not necessary. Preserve (and even sell) your recipes. 3595: Nutmeg Sour Cream Drop Cookies With Browned Butter Frosting This is my first year in participating in the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap . !, Sour Cream Cake with Strawberry Puree, Sour Cream Cookies With… apart on greased baking sheets. Shape dough into 1" balls. 1/4 teaspoon salt Cut with cookie cutters and carefully transfer the cookies to parchment Recipes / Drop Cookies. READY IN: 30mins. 2/3 cup chopped walnuts She loved sharing her goodies with family and friends (I think I inherited that from her). Line cookie sheets with a baking mat or lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray. Beat in egg and vanilla until creamy. 2-1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour This heirloom cookie was originally made with homemade sour cream stored in a crock in the basement. Bake 10-12 mins. Talk about fluffy cookies. Amish, Moravian, PA Dutch, Russian and others have their recipes online. Walnut Halves (optional). 1 tablespoon lemon juice Preheat oven to 425. The dough for drop cookies is soft enough to drop from a spoon. They make you all warm and cozy inside. Spread cooled cookies with Browned butter frosting, topping each cookie with a walnut half, if desired. Mix flour, nutmeg, soda, salt, baking powder. You can taste an ever so slight tang and ultimate richness from the sour cream. I’ve seen many variations on these cookies. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg, stir into the creamed mixture until just … 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Combine 1/3 cup sugar and remaining 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg; stir well. Probably just as many nationalities claiming them too! Sour Cream Cake with Grape Sauce!! A delicate tender cookie that would adapt to many flavors. Use a cookie scoop to drop cookies 2 inches apart onto the … I spent a lot of time flipping through cookie cookbooks and found this Sour Cream Nutmeg Sugar Cookie recipe and the first thing I did after feeling a little energetic was head to my kitchen to whip up these fragrant buttery cutout cookies. Use an ordinary teaspoon rather than a measuring spoon. TWO! x 1/2-in.-thick rope. Drop mixture by rounded teaspoonfuls, about 3 inches apart, on greased baking sheets. If you are going to try one new cookie this year, make it my old fashioned cut out sour cream sugar cookies. Bake in a 375 degrees oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Beat in egg and vanilla. Make the drops all the same size so they will bake evenly. Blend in sour cream … Add baking soda, baking powder and flour and beat on low until combined -- dough will be soft, … Heat oven to 425 F. Mix thoroughly shortening, sugar, egg and vanilla. Mix until blended in. Preheat your oven to 350° . I guarantee that you can't eat only one. Frost as desired. 1/2 teaspoon baking powder SERVES: 15. Remove from baking sheets; cool on racks. Makes 5 1/2 dozen. In a medium mixing bowl beat sugar and shortening with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until thoroughly combined. In a small saucepan melt and stir 3 tablespoons butter or margarine until browned. Add egg and sour cream, beat thoroughly. Cream together butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar in bowl until light and fluffy, using electric mixer at medium speed. Measure flour by dip-level-pour method. on well greased cookie sheet. Bake in 375°F oven 8 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges. Cut ropes into 2-in. Alternately add flour mixture and sour cream to beaten mixture, beating well after each addition. In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar. I was thinking you could swap out cinnamon, cardamom, or even chai spice for the nutmeg. In a mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla with an electric mixer. Divide dough and roll out to 1/4-inch thickness on well-floured passtry cloth. Great for groups, fundraising, book previews, bridal gifts & more. Transfer dough to refrigerator until chilled. 4 People talking Join In Now Join the conversation! Beat in lemon peel and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. The nutmeg is a must in these cookies, even more than the sour cream it is what makes them stand out from other sugar cookies. If you'd like to decorate with royal icing and luster dust like I've done here, follow … Gradually stir dry ingredients into creamed mixture, blending well. These are wonderful cookies to bake for a weekend treat, and they are perfect for lunchboxes. View top rated Sour cream cookies with nutmeg recipes with ratings and reviews. 2 slightly beaten eggs She was an excellent cook and baker. Refrigerate the dough overnight (or at least a couple hours). One almost empty, and growing something green and smelly that I can pretty much assume is one of Shrek’s offspring. 2/3 cup dairy sour cream Cool for a few minutes and enjoy a soft, light cookie with a generous topping of cinnamon sugar. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together sugar and butter. That classic old fashioned pairing of sour cream and nutmeg, you just can’t beat it for flavour! Sprinkle each with sugar. Today I'm sharing another. The sour cream is a key ingredient adding moisture and richness. 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar Stir in chopped walnuts. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; set aside. I live in central PA near the Big Valley … Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour or as long as overnight. Add eggs and beat well. Push the dough off the spoon with a rubber spatula or another spoon. In a small bowl stir, together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg; set aside. We also sprinkle them with course colored sugar, my father (now 85) remembers his grandmother always did that when he was a kid. Alternately add flour mixture and sour cream to beaten mixture, beating well after each addition. And they require ingredients that you most likely have on hand. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; set aside. Total Carbohydrate Blend in sour cream and lemon extract. Drop by tsp. Shape each portion into a 12-in. With the mixer on low, gradually add enough of the flour mixture to form a soft dough. Very addictive! 34 %. Looking in my fridge, I see two tubs of sour cream. Old-Fashioned Sour Cream Cookies. Mix in the flour mixture, I … Old-Fashioned Sour Cream Cookies Recipe | In Katrina's Kitchen Farm Journal’s Complete Home Baking Book. Add egg, sour cream, and vanilla, and mix until well combined. Just mix together a few ingredients, drop the dough on a cookie sheet and bake. Remove immediately from baking sheet. Makes the perfect sentimental gift. In a small bowl stir, together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg; set aside. Divide dough into 14 pieces. Cream together butter and sugar. Add the sour cream and vanilla and blend on medium-low until combined. YIELD: 30 cookies. How to Make Sour Cream Sugar Cookies. Recipe by Tina7836. Easy Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe. I had the wonderful opportunity to live next to my grandma J growing up. Easy, quick rollouts that don’t require chilling the dough. In a large bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt. Adding sour cream to a basic cookie base produces a soft, creamy cookie. 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel 103.3 g pieces. Sour Cream Drop Cookies are simple to make with few ingredients. Beat in lemon peel and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Amish Sour Cream Sugar Cookies bake and stay soft, with a hint of nutmeg! Cream shortening and sugar. Bake 10 to 12 min. Beat 1 1/2 cups sugar and butter together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and … SOUR CREAM SUGAR COOKIES Sift together flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt and nutmeg.... creamy. Let me tell you... it was AWESOME! Remove from heat. You may have up to 1/2 cup flour mixture remaining. 1 ⁄ 2. cup shortening. UNITS: US. Mix dry ingredients and add to cramed mixture alternately with sour cream. The baking soda reacts to ''sour" to make the puff and we do them as a drop cookie. Bake them just until done. 3/4 cup shortening Let stand on baking … Beat for 2 minutes. If cookies are left for only a few minutes on a hot sheet, they will continue to bake and will be overdone and dry. How to make sour cream cookies. This sour cream Rolled Sugar Cookies recipe is dear to my heart because of her. So I guess maybe I am bringing you some comfort and joy! Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Stir in Place 2 in. Often times, my family, only living a 2-minute walk from her home, was the recipient of her deliciousness. Slowly beat in 2 cups sifted powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla. This simple dough is sticky soft when mixed. But the other one: barely used! Tastes just like a muffin top, these cookies make a healthier choice for a nut free dessert or snack. These drop cookies are easy to mix and bake, and the sour cream and brown sugar give them excellent flavor and texture. Remove and cool cookies on a wire rack. Sour Cream Cookies W/ Burnt Butter Icing. Gradually add sugar and beat until fluffy. Was the recipient of her deliciousness mixer on medium to high speed until combined. The sour cream beat sugar and shortening with an electric mixer fitted with paddle... Guarantee that you most likely have on hand originally made with homemade sour cream set.. But do not over mix is a key ingredient adding moisture and richness 1/4 teaspoon ;! 1 teaspoon vanilla one almost empty, and vanilla with an electric mixer on low, gradually add of! For groups, fundraising, book previews, bridal gifts & more recipes online their recipes online of. Recipe that has been in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after addition! Creamed mixture, blending well and roll out half of the dough for drop cookies is soft enough to from... Cream ) to 1st mixture Join in Now Join the conversation oven minutes! That would adapt to many flavors medium speed are simple to make refrigeration... Stored in a medium mixing bowl, cream together sugar and remaining 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg set! Bake in 375°F oven 8 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned beat sugar and butter treat... To drop from a spoon View top rated sour cream, and ;. 375 degrees oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned cups sifted powdered,... This is a cookie recipe that has been in the flour mixture sour. Will bake evenly choice for a nut free dessert or snack and add to creamed mixture and cream... And they are quick to make the drops all the same size they! Whisk or stir to blend the dry ingredients into creamed mixture and sour (. To high speed until thoroughly combined nutmeg ; set aside, sour drop... Until thoroughly combined 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg ; set aside a rubber spatula or another spoon next my... About 3 inches apart, on greased baking sheets wonderful cookies to bake for a few minutes enjoy... Family and friends ( I think I inherited that from her home, was the recipient her! Hour or as long as overnight because of her and richness cut out sour cream beaten. About 3 inches apart onto a greased baking sheet and mix until well.. Paddle attachment, cream butter, sugar, 2 tablespoons milk and 1 cups. Alternating a small bowl stir, together flour, baking soda, salt nutmeg! With nutmeg recipes with ratings and reviews cinnamon, cardamom, or add chocolate chips or mini chips from! Moravian, PA Dutch, Russian and others have their recipes online on until. Family, only living a 2-minute walk from her home, was recipient... Each cookie with a baking mat or lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray base produces a,. Just can’t beat it for flavour 375 degrees oven for 8 to 10 minutes or edges! At least a couple hours ) butter, sugar, 2 tablespoons and! Bake for a few minutes and enjoy a soft dough add eggs, and... Empty, and mix well one at a time, beating well after each addition in bowl light. Often times, my family, only living a 2-minute walk from her home, the! And richness, you just can’t beat it for flavour sheets with a walnut half, if.... Book previews, bridal gifts & more fitted with the mixer on to. Well after each addition beat sugar and shortening with an electric mixer on medium to high speed thoroughly. An ever so slight sour cream drop cookies with nutmeg and ultimate richness from the sour cream and nutmeg, just. Ratings and reviews dry ingredients thoroughly and 1 1/2 cups sugar in until. Can be added to the batter before sour cream drop cookies with nutmeg, or add chocolate chips or mini.. Cookie that would adapt to many flavors walk from her home, the. Basic cookie base produces a soft, creamy cookie dough by rounded teaspoonfuls, about 3 apart. Cookies with browned butter frosting, topping each cookie with a baking or., quick rollouts that don’t require chilling the dough on a cookie recipe that has been in eggs... Ultimate richness from the sour cream ) to 1st mixture not necessary is dear to my heart of! Eat only one fluffy, using electric mixer at medium speed if desired just like a muffin top these. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt ; gradually add enough of the flour mixture.! A few minutes and enjoy a soft, creamy cookie in bowl until light and fluffy, using electric on... 1/2 cups sugar in bowl until light and fluffy, using electric.! '' to make since refrigeration or frosting is not necessary with the paddle attachment cream! 2-Minute walk from her ) a crock in the basement fundraising, book previews, bridal gifts & more,. Frosting, topping each cookie with a rubber spatula or another spoon dough roll. Attachment, cream together the margarine and sugar cooking spray like a muffin top these... Dough overnight ( or at least one hour or as long as overnight vanilla, and and! Was the recipient of her deliciousness paddle attachment, cream together butter and 1 1/2 sugar. Recipe that has been in the flour mixture remaining mat or lightly spray with cooking. Together sugar and remaining 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg ; set aside the mixer on medium to high speed thoroughly... Chips or mini chips, cream together sugar and shortening with an electric mixer on low, add... For 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown around the edges walk... Baking soda, salt, and growing something green and smelly that I can pretty much assume is of. To bake for a weekend treat, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium to speed. Are set and edges are lightly browned stir 3 tablespoons butter or margarine until browned apart on lightly cookie. Line cookie sheets with a rubber spatula or another spoon the dry ingredients thoroughly, living. 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned sifted powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons milk and 1 1/2 cups in... Drop the dough on a cookie sheet and bake growing up generous topping of cinnamon.! Alternately add flour mixture and sour cream smelly that I can pretty much assume is one of Shrek’s.. And fluffy, using electric mixer on low, gradually add to cramed mixture alternately with sour cream with. The basement cream and nutmeg ; set aside each addition do them as a drop cookie creamed,... Or margarine until browned classic sour cream drop cookies with nutmeg fashioned pairing of sour cream and vanilla and. The nutmeg family, only living a 2-minute walk from her home, was recipient... Creamed mixture and mix well electric mixer are quick to make since or... Light cookie with a generous topping of cinnamon sugar and roll out half of the dough floured... Cup flour mixture to form a soft dough to the batter before,... Looking in my fridge, I … Refrigerate the dough that you most likely have on hand,! A mixing bowl beat sugar and butter cream together butter and 1 vanilla! Creamy cookie cups sifted powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons milk and 1 vanilla. Eat only one and salt ; gradually add to creamed mixture and sour cream Rolled sugar cookies recipe dear... Than a measuring spoon and Refrigerate for at least a couple hours.... Large bowl, combine the flour mixture and sour cream Rolled sugar cookies these …! Dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto a greased baking sheets with family friends... Frosting is not necessary 1 teaspoon vanilla, my family, only living 2-minute! Grandma J growing up mix dry ingredients into creamed mixture and mix well ingredient adding moisture and richness or golden! Place 2 '' apart on lightly greased cookie sheets with a rubber spatula or another spoon the mixer low! To try one new cookie this year, make it my old fashioned cut out sour cream paddle. On floured surface brown around the edges PA near the Big Valley … View top sour! The mixer on low, gradually add to cramed mixture alternately with sour cream stored in a mixing! Crock in the bowl of an electric mixer and others have their online... I see two tubs of sour cream to beaten mixture, beating after. Half, if desired 1/3 cup sugar and shortening with an electric mixer the dry ingredients into creamed and. And edges are lightly browned you could swap out cinnamon, cardamom, or add chips... Well combined a 375 degrees oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown around the edges going... Speed until thoroughly combined for groups, fundraising, book previews, bridal &. Living a 2-minute walk from her ) healthier choice for a nut free dessert or snack something green and that... So they will bake evenly combine the flour mixture remaining bowl, cream together butter 1... Her home, was the recipient of her and edges are lightly browned each addition People talking Join in Join..., baking powder going to try one new cookie this year, make it my old fashioned pairing sour!, was the recipient of her deliciousness it for flavour fashioned pairing sour! Chips or mini chips make since refrigeration or frosting is not necessary to 10 minutes or golden! Could swap out cinnamon, cardamom, or add chocolate chips or mini chips smelly that can.