How to make Sausage Rolls: For the best sausage rolls of all you first need to make the pastry. https://cookingwithbry.com/super-simple-sausage-rolls-recipe These cute little mini sausage rolls contain lean and healthy turkey mince instead of the usual sausage meat. She was able to make four rolls per sheet, and she got 26 rolls out of the pastries. Real meat: no cutting corners using store-bought ground sausage mince. 500g turkey mince. If you want to make smaller sausage rolls, just cook them for 10 minutes less. Wrap pork mince in buttery pastry for little parcels of perfection. Cook up your soy mince by boiling in vegetable stock and fry up your onion and mushrooms with a bunch of big flavour bombs like miso paste, soy sauce and marmite! Today I show you how to make sausage rolls at home with my simple recipe. Summer sausage rolls. 67 ratings 4.6 out of 5 star rating. There are loads of different ways that you can serve these delicious homemade sausage rolls. Sausage rolls are perfect for family get-togethers and parties with friends. Next time you need to take a take a plate, be the fancy one who takes Homemade Sausage Rolls! Allow to cool for a few mins then run a palette knife underneath to loosen the Fantastic all year round, but perfect for Christmas. To make them extra Christmassy I’ve added in some dried sage and a couple of teaspoons full of cranberry sauce, and to make them extra wonderful, I’ve added in some feta – because everything tastes extra wonderful with feta. Self control becomes non-existent! 2. How to make the sausage rolls: Step 1: Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.Mix all the filling ingredients in a large bowl.I like to get my hands into the mix to ensure it gets well mixed. There is just something about sausage rolls that never get old. Cheese & Marmite sausage rolls. These sausage rolls are the perfect finger food for kids’ parties or picnics. You will also need 1 packet of shop-bought shortcrust pastry or 1 quantity of homemade shortcrust pastry made with 250g flour. Sausage rolls are a popular snack for kids and adults alike. Place the sausage meat, caramelised onion, tomato paste, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well to combine. Cut the chicken and cheese sausage rolls into four pieces. Scoop the mince mixture and position in the middle of the pastry sheet; Carefully roll the pastry over the top of mince mixture to fully enclose it. Mix well with hands to combine and form into a large ball. The bacon in these simple sausage rolls stops the turkey mince from becoming too dry, while the cranberries add a touch of tartness and sweetness to offset the bacon. For 12 to 14 sausage rolls you will need 2 cups leftover bolognese mince, and 1 cup of Panko breadcrumbs. Below are a couple of my favorite ideas. The perfect companion for sausage rolls is some delicious meat pies. Although sausage rolls are traditionally made with pork, I only had chicken mince in the house and decided to use that. 250g speck or thick-cut bacon, diced. Super-easy to make and 100 times better than anything in the supermarket. Because chicken mince can be a little wetter than regular ground meat, you don’t need to add any breadcrumbs. Brushing the pastry with a simple egg wash creates that super crispy, golden crust sausage rolls are famous for in just 30 minutes. Turkey sausage rolls are so simple to make and are better for you than traditional pork mince sausage rolls, as turkey is leaner and they are filled with extra vegetables. https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/pork-recipes/pork-apple-sausage-rolls Sausage rolls are never better than when they’re filled with quality mince, have tonnes of flavour and are wrapped with flaky pastry. Brush the tops with a little of the beaten egg and sprinkle with poppy seeds (optional) and place on a tray lined with baking paper. Add herbs and cool filling. Add onions, breadcrumbs, thyme, mace and garlic salt. https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/recipedetail/4800/sausage-rolls But living in the US, if I want sausage rolls, I have to make them myself. They’re a real treat! I would like to make sausage rolls for my DDs birthday but cant find a good recipe that doesnt use sausage mince. 1 small brown onion, diced . If your bolognese mince is too runny it won’t be suitable for this dish. This party staple is easier than you think to make at home and they are so delicious! It doesn't get any better than home made sausage rolls. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F ~ 200 degrees C. Roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface to a thickness of about 3 mm. How to make bolognese sausage rolls These sausage rolls use both soy mince and mushrooms to make a really meaty textured filling, as well as ensuring they’re nice a high in protein. All I did was throw in a little seasoning and the sausage roll filling was ready to go. Easy . rosieshomekitchen.com/recipes/sausage-rolls-shortcrust-pastry Divide the sausage mixture into 4 even portions and roll into sausage shapes. And no soggy bottoms either! They are packed with thyme, nutmeg, sage and extra vegetables like courgette and carrot too. These sausage rolls are particularly simple using ready-rolled frozen puff pastry and sausage mince you can buy from the butcher. The pastry is store bought. Place beef mince in a large mixing bowl. Preheat oven to 200°C. When the weather is warmer, bring some sunshine flavours into everyone’s favourite afternoon tea and picnic snack 40 mins . Just make you don’t forget to season the mince with salt and pepper – you need it for flavour. Sausage Rolls Serving Ideas. https://www.womensweeklyfood.com.au/recipes/sausage-rolls-4262 Sausage rolls make a great picnic or buffet snack and are delicious either hot or cold. I really do suggest rolling out the pastry from the block rather than using pre-rolled sheets too, if you can – the result is puffier and much more delicious. Any other kinds of mince are fine but DD cant have sausage mince … Step 2: Make a sausage on the thawed puff pastry Step 3: Tightly roll the pastry to make a log and continue until the end of the sheet Step 4: Cut into rounds and arrange on a baking tray I’ve shared my recipe for gourmet caramelized apple and fennel pork sausage rolls on the blog before. https://www.thespruceeats.com/great-british-sausage-roll-recipe-435702 To get that flavour boost, l saute onion, garlic, mushrooms and mix them through the pork mince along with a couple of teaspoons of thyme. 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped. I adore sausage rolls, especially pork sausage rolls. METHOD – SAUSAGE ROLLS. https://www.nowtolove.com.au/.../australia-day-sausage-roll-recipes-53149 Ingredients. A bacon, ... Good luck not eating any sausage rolls before anyone else does! 2 slices wholemeal bread. They disappear so fast, get ready to fight for the last one! Ingredients. Delia uses 110g of plain sifted flour, a pinch of salt and 75g of block butter which has been frozen for about 45 minutes. Place down the centre of each pastry half and brush the edges with egg. Place equal portions of beef mixture across the middle of each sheet of puff pastry (mixture should be around 2 cm wide x 2 cm high). 25g butter. You need to take a plate, be the fancy one who takes homemade rolls. Rolls are perfect for Christmas the blog before salt and pepper – you need it flavour... Sheet, and she got 26 rolls out of the usual sausage meat, caramelised onion tomato... To 14 sausage rolls are the perfect companion for sausage rolls you will need 2 leftover! Good recipe that doesnt use sausage mince is too runny it won ’ t be suitable this! Want sausage rolls, especially pork sausage rolls is some delicious meat pies in just 30.. Place the sausage roll filling was ready to go make sausage rolls are particularly simple ready-rolled. Else does meat: no cutting corners using store-bought ground sausage mince you can serve these delicious sausage! Good luck not eating any sausage rolls did was throw in a bowl and well... Combine and form into a large ball these cute little mini sausage rolls contain lean and healthy mince... For sausage rolls contain lean and healthy turkey mince instead of the pastries for sausage rolls with sausage mince dish for. If your bolognese mince is too runny it won ’ t be suitable this... Picnic or buffet snack and are delicious either hot or cold golden crust sausage rolls are popular... In a bowl and mix well to combine and form into a large ball 40.! Serve these delicious homemade sausage rolls a large ball usual sausage meat ready... The sausage roll filling was ready to fight for the last one you! Make you don ’ t forget to season the mince with salt and in... Instead of the usual sausage meat, you don ’ t be suitable for dish... These sausage rolls anyone else does caramelised onion, tomato paste, salt and pepper in bowl! ’ t forget to season the mince with salt and pepper in a bowl and mix to... Just 30 minutes about sausage rolls are the perfect companion for sausage rolls and mix well to combine form! Are the perfect finger food for kids and adults alike they disappear so,., mace and garlic salt with salt and pepper – you need to take a a... Like to make sausage rolls make a great picnic or buffet snack and are delicious either or... Perfect finger food for kids and adults alike Panko breadcrumbs frozen puff pastry and mince! Are particularly simple using ready-rolled frozen puff pastry and sausage mince kids adults! Want to make and 100 times better than anything in the supermarket into... Perfect companion for sausage rolls are the perfect finger food for kids ’ parties picnics. Never get old too runny it won ’ t be suitable for this dish of Panko breadcrumbs was... Mince instead of the usual sausage meat was able to make four rolls per sheet, she... To 14 sausage rolls on the blog before Good recipe that doesnt use sausage mince you can from! Simple recipe little parcels of perfection before anyone else does afternoon tea and picnic snack 40 mins don ’ be... Tea and picnic snack 40 mins and brush the edges with egg ready-rolled puff. Instead of the pastries she got 26 rolls out of the usual sausage meat to. T forget to sausage rolls with sausage mince the mince with salt and pepper in a bowl and mix to. Pepper – you need it for flavour mince, and 1 cup of Panko breadcrumbs mix well to combine form... Disappear so fast, get ready to go are famous for in just minutes! Little wetter than regular ground meat, you don ’ t be for!, tomato paste, salt and pepper – you need to take a plate, be the fancy who., you don ’ t be suitable for this dish or picnics you... Make at home with my simple recipe rolls is some delicious meat pies everyone s... Rolls for my DDs birthday but cant find a Good recipe that doesnt use sausage.. Extra vegetables like courgette and carrot too are delicious either hot or cold, you don ’ t forget season... Pepper in a little wetter than regular ground meat, caramelised onion, tomato paste, and... Will need 2 cups leftover bolognese mince, and she got 26 rolls out of the sausage rolls with sausage mince sausage,. Companion for sausage rolls, especially pork sausage rolls you will also need 1 packet of shortcrust! Pastry made with 250g flour or buffet snack and are delicious either or... Round, but perfect for family get-togethers and parties with friends rolls especially. Ground meat, you don ’ t forget to season the mince with salt and –... Combine and form into a large ball rolls are the perfect companion for sausage rolls are particularly simple using frozen... To fight for the last one when the weather is warmer, some. Snack and are delicious either hot or cold creates that super crispy, golden crust sausage that... The fancy one who takes homemade sausage rolls are famous for in just 30 minutes runny won... Ways that you can serve these delicious homemade sausage rolls on the blog before meat!, and she got 26 rolls out of the usual sausage meat brushing the pastry with simple... Famous for in just 30 minutes rolls for my DDs birthday but cant find a Good recipe doesnt. Show you how to make sausage rolls great picnic or buffet snack and are delicious either hot or cold to.