I am thinking two tone white railing and spindles with a grey deck, I can use the soild for both right. I want to see if I understand what I am reading correctly. Thank you! Honestly, a little confused about the "too wet," Would it be better to do brightener and rinse one weekend, and then let dry and then apply stain when truly just misted the deck? That is, so they don't make the same assumption that I did that 116 on ipe will look brown like Gemini Coating states. As I said, the biggest problem we are having with the roof is heat gain. The maintenance on the wood deck is not that bad if stay on top of thing and it's very inexpensive average staining cost for an average size deck is about $300-500 dollars, over 3-5 years that's like a drop in the bucket. So given that, and the fact that we can't start over with timbertech, what would you recommend we do to protect our wood and make it look nice for as long as possible? It dried tacky and left foot prints. If you are unsure if the black spots are mildew you can do a test: dab a few drops of household bleach on a small area of black spots. I want to make sure that is correct. I've retouched it, not redone it, twice since it was originally applied and it still looks great. Stains and varnishes are removed along with collected dirt, mold, mildew and mill glaze. or should I get right on it and strip it? Our old TWP 116 finish is all but gone and I might like to try something else this time around. Wood ... Best Semi-Solid Deck Stain; Best Stain for Ipe or Mahogany Deck; Best Stain for a Tigerwood Deck; How to Stain Massaranduba; Photo Album See Pics! The part that has not disappeared is just a dull brown, as opposed to the rich cedar color it started with. I'm getting ready to use the same product/different name on my deck and thought I'd see how the RAD process itself went. Ray. Need help! 0. Mixed and applied as directed with a garden sprayer, waited the suggested amount of time, then used a pressure washer to clean it off. the last oil job (california paint natural IPE oil) has turned the deck orange. I put on two finish coats. I'm wondering if the oil has done it or the sanding, and how can i get the redish color back? I currently rent out the house with the deck and scheduling the time to clean the deck—and then wait for two days of dry weather before I can apply the oil stain—is inconvenient for the tenants and myself. Your finish on the deck looks sufficiently worn that you should be able to put any new finish down including Woodzotic. J. Coverage:RAD Semi-Transparent Wood Deck Stain applies at about 100-200 feet per gallon. Apparently Spa and Deck was made to protect docks and wood that was battered by salt water and the elements. I'm trying to decide if it is worth it to finish it again this year, knowing that in 6 months I'll be back where I started more or less. I have also read that a radiant barrier would help cool off the house significantly, but I am not sure how to use that technology appropriately. This is basic 101 wood finish. Actually the 100 series twp is the high voc product with the 500 series being the low voc. You would have to remove 100% of the Sikkens to be able to go with the semi-transparent. One other thing. Get it as smooth as the decking is. I'm not a fan, too much work to keep it up and then a disaster. went in the total opposite direction of cedar color I thought I initially wanted to go with and went with dark walnut. I go for building light coats with twp finish there is never any reason for me to wipe off anything,that equals taking off the finish that just went on. If the wood has oxidized/grayed, then yes, prepping first would hep show a better example for the colors. When surface is properly prepped and stain properly applied, it can last up to 3 years or more and it will have to be redone after that. I have been talking to some roofers, and they are all over the map as to what they think is the right thing to do to mitigate our biggest problem: heat gain. Deck staining help and how to restoration advice. What product do you suggest? However, I saw a thread of posts from a year ago where the RAD system and woodzotic were unavailable for while with no communication from Ken? I would like to stain it with another product, so my two questions are (1) how to prepare the deck, and (2) what stain to use. Next clean the deck and remove any peeling or chipping stain. supposedly the TWP people have communicated to some people in this forum that TWP is NOT recommended for IPE at all. Get a sample of the 2 or 3 stains you like and try it out on a few scrap boards. The only challenge is when you have to get under railings and in other tight areas. I did purchase the big deck stain brush from you guys too, but is it easier/faster/more efficient to spray on the stain first with a hudson sprayer and then back brush it in with the big deck brush I purchased from RAD? We re-oiled it about every other year, probably 4 times. We have a cedar deck that is 3 years old. Nothing special is needed. For 15 months that finish looks normal, I also see some water/rain stains on the deck also normal. Can you give any pointers since you say it has a learning curve? Another pic of stubborn stain. BTW, we live in coastal Southern California. Countless man hours doing this and I still can’t fully get this paint off the deck boards. Shouldn't the color be redder rather than poopy brown. I just ordered Rad samples for my deck which was installed last year June 2018, ,would like a stain a little darker than the original, any suggestions. It actually took more stain than the first time I stained. We actually have some insulation up in the rafters, and the entire roof is covered with plywood and asphalt shingles. Plus I think Ken of Woodzotic is trying out some new formulas w/ variations of the color. I am in the process of prepping my 4 year old cedar deck and want to use your semi-transparant stain. Strip and brighten for normal prep. The 36 grit is only found at the tool rental equipment shops and sold for the large drum sanders. I will have to strip the deck, then brighten it. It is still in delivery condition. Mixed the restor-a-deck stain stripper per instructions and applied as directed, cleaning small sections and rinsing before moving to next section. I pressure washed the treated pine. You can apply to dry or damp wood. DO YOU NEED TO ADD A SEALANT TO THIS STAIN? I wondered how that stood now that we're a year down the road. Its time for another coat on your project I suggest a light oxalic acid wash/good cleaning on the deck,same with the rial system but be very carefull around the alum balusters. Initially the deck looked beautiful, rainwater beaded up nicely, etc. What grit paper did you sand with? I use a paint pad on a pole for the deck,brush the rails. After seeing the deck after it has been sanded, is there a way to preserve the look of the deck as it is now with your natural semi transparent stain or will it cover it up? Maybe next year I'll strip the deck and re-coat it, but maybe not. Restore-A-Deck Semi-Transparent Wood stain can be applied the same day as the prep. TWP rustic does not look like redwood. Restore-A-Deck Wood Stain protects wood from harmful UV rays and damage caused by water penetration. In addition to the unsightly black boards, my furniture has scratched horrible lines in the boards. I ordered some good deck stain and it clearly soaked in more. I have been reading that radiant heat is our bigger problem, than is conduction or convection. I have the color samples in my cart, I am using on a pine deck about 2 years old and cedar fence about 9 months old. Removed the really dark stain like a charm. Have any pictures of your ipe with spa and deck applied? Should we try RAD again (2 steps or just oxalic acid wash) and more TWP? I was told this is the reason my stain kept failing in 6 months. Do we need to do something other than water wash to accomplish the cleaning step, though? Whats shaded for part of the day looks good after two years, what is full western or southern exposure has faded. Originally I was going to put on solid stain. So any news on the Woodzotic? My fence is a combination of pressure treated pine (smooth; post/top/bottom rails) and cedar or cypress (rough sawn) pickets. I'll post a pic or two if this rain ever stops. 4. immediately after flush, applied the brightener per … I followed with the brightener, then waited 2 days and stained. With a longer dwell time, Restore-A-Deck Stripper Thickening Gel will raise the effectiveness of the stain stripping by adding the ability to cling to vertical and horizontal surfaces for up to 1 hour. This is enough to test a small area. Restore-A-Deck Semi-Transparent Wood Stain 1 Gallon, Restore-A-Deck Semi-Transparent Wood Stain 5 Gallons, Check here to receive reply notices to only your post/questions, A467DC2D-6E35-4813-8E5C-16640B93F76E.jpeg, EA9014C4-88DC-40E6-A2C2-32432F867776.jpeg, C3F475AE-79C2-410F-B68A-A7EBB87F89D8.jpeg, C681B513-DE4E-429A-AE3D-A03F261F91FF.jpeg, 31ED4BB5-EA06-4622-B1DF-507168466266.jpeg, 478A9316-D7DF-4EE2-9C37-D8E65A71CEA5.jpeg, A9525234-8BB7-43FB-8F56-329E50A201F1.jpeg, 0A93219A-B902-4AAB-BA33-16B97D3E3D42.jpeg, https://www.restore-a-deck.com/Deck-Cleaning-Reviews-and-Tips/restore-a-deck-stain-for-new-wood.html, https://www.restore-a-deck.com/rad-stain-stripper-additives.html, https://www.restore-a-deck.com/restore-a-deck-prep-wood-stain-contest-2018.html, Restore-A-Deck Stain for IPE & Exotic Hardwoods, Utilizing the latest advancements in water-based stain technology, Cost effective stain and sealer for your wood, Deep penetration into the wood grain resulting in less chance of wear and tear, Protects wood from damaging UV oxidation and graying, Available in 4 beautiful semi-transparent finishes – Natural, Cedar, Light Walnut, & Dark Walnut, For use on all exterior wood types and surfaces, not just decks, Low VOC content, compliant with all US states and Canada. Restore-A-Deck Wood Stain Stripper is a biodegradable, powdered concentrate that quickly removes worn finishes to restore wood surfaces. John, could you describe the wet on wet approach? We get plenty of inclement weather in New England. You can apply Restore-A-Deck Semi-Transparent Premium Wood Stain to hardwoods including mahogany, ipe, or other types of exotic hardwoods. But I don't want it to look like cedar or redwood. The decking looks like ipe but the cap rail dosent Im pretty sure that is another S American lumber. I don't have any of the RAD stuff left - can I just get this at Lowe's? Also, what's the latest on Woodzotic? Will also need to do the cabin. Thanks, Greg. While the Ipe lasts forever, I've found it to be so dense that nothing really penetrates into the wood. I am remembering the name of the material I think is on your cap rail>>CumaruI can see no reason to go with the complete rad thing again but its up to you. I have read horror stories about removing Sikkens, but since most of my decking has soaked in completely, maybe I won't have as much trouble as some people have had. When I opened the can I ordered the Cedar had a poop green tinge to it. I bought Sikkens because a friend told me it was the best thing on the market, and I wouldn't have to restain as often as with other products. Restore-A-Deck Semi-Transparent Wood Stain protects wood from harmful UV rays and damage caused by water penetration. The Restore-A-Deck Cleaner Kit continues to be our top performer for the 2020 deck season. 270 locations nationwide! Our deck house in Sudbury, Mass has the original, dark stain on the t&g cedar/fur decking that forms the roof/ceiling. I use this stuff all the time for column wraps, door surrounds, around bay windows, toe kicks, you name it. What I am saying is that realistically it will probably be about every 3 years that we can carve out the time to do deck maintenance. Sanded with 40-80. With a longer dwell time, Restore-A-Deck Stripper Thickening Gel will raise the effectiveness of the stain stripping by adding the ability to cling to vertical and horizontal surfaces for up to 1 hour. Oxalic acid is great for brightening but on ipe it's acidic. Can I use an airless sprayer with your stain? I mistype "of" when I meant to type "is". It more or less sheds (not beads) water as you do not want to 100% seal the surface and it needs to breathe. Glass wall enclosure 4 my back patio. Does this require two coats of your product or one? Because of inclement weather in upstate NY, the stain is badly worn and the deck is covered with. We recently cleaned it but would you recommend the brightener to even wood tones as well? Of Course various elements have to be taken into consideration i.e. It cost more, but you install it and you can forget about it. Would that blend it well? Easy to work with, very cost-effective, and great results! Restore-A-Deck Injectable Deck Stain Stripper is the first and only powdered concentrated deck stain stripper that is designed to be injected through a pressure washer. It is now peeling. I have a 10'x14' with a gable roof, built and delivered to my house in December 2015. I'm commenting that having to put a finish on every 8 months or so to keep it looking nice is not feasible for us, and I'm wondering what our best course for the future is. Perhaps the Gemni Coatings (mfg of TWP) has a quality control issue. I have a raised, rooftop Ipe deck in the Washington DC area. Typically 2-4 hours at 70º F and less than 50% humidity. We'll see if the Woodzotic holds up better. Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting gallery. http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/porch/msg08091750956.html, Here's the manufacturer's color swatch. With that as a given twp116 is a build coat finish I have found the first coat/or the wet on wet thing will last about the same as you have posted. What grit do you think? It has been awful. However, after a few months water quit beading up and the rich color faded somewhat, neither of which was terribly surprising or unexpected. I've been really satisfied and with and enthusiastic about this product. http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/porch/msg031855158399.html, http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/porch/msg0321480224176.html, http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/porch/msg08091750956.html, http://www.geminicoatings.com/p/12062/default.aspx, http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/porch/msg0923184828415.html, http://www.thegrimescene.com/forums/diyers-ask-pros/7341-twp-color-mistake.html, http://www.geminicoatings.com/p/12062/Default.aspx, Gemini Coatings TWP 100 series color samples, My Houzz: Small-Space Living in a Restored Bungalow, Houzz Tour: Historic Charm Restored to a Dilapidated Coastal Home. New Wood Note: New wood is not the same as "damp" wood and needs to weather and be prepped before staining. The entire deck is in full sun except one part that is covered by a roof. For weathered wood with lots of cracks and splinters, I recommend a product like Behr Deckover to fill those cracks and resurface the deck. This product is Step 1 Stripper of the Restore A Deck system. PTP wood but colors will always vary based on just wood type but the age of the wood. The last application was poor, probably not wiped off. Your original deck pictures looks great. Will your stripper work to remove this product? But oh well, we have it and greatly enjoy it but it needs to be restained more than ever. But I'm confused why you are taking it personally my criticism of the TWP product. However, that ship has sailed, so the question is - what do we do now. New Cottage Gray Color can be added for $3. As it turned out the ol Ken was just relabling the actual Co that made the products was>> www.woodrich-product.com. If so, is it best to do as soon as possible? Defy Stain Stripper Review. Its only been 2 days! Colors will vary based on the wood type and age of the wood. Restore-A-Deck Solid Color Wood Stain is an extremely durable synthetic-resin, opaque wood finish that helps protect against the damaging effects of water, fungi, and UV radiation on exterior wood surfaces. If I could do it over on my Ipe deck, I'd use TWP 120 Pecan. Restore-A-Deck Wood Brightener is a biodegradable, powdered concentrate that is mixed with water to brighten and restore the natural beauty of all species of exterior wood. John. I would clean & and apply another coat of twp as John stated above. Restore-A-Deck Wood Stains are an advanced, water-based, semi-transparent, and solid stain formulations designed to penetrate deep into wood pores for maximum protection and longevity. It is ideal for all wood types including pressure-treated pine, cedar, fir, or redwood. Applies more evenly as well. Note regarding dirt/mold- I've always been told that any dirt that gets on the deck before staining can lead to black spots- hence I roped off the deck after cleaning and took my shoes off when I actually went on it to stain. I have rinsed it off several times in the last year with the hose and don't feel that it is really dirty or anything. It has the typical pressure treated look which is not bad but I want to get closer to the natural pine look, especially highlighting the red grain in the pine. If the spots on your rail cap are indeed mold, you have to do more then sand off. The wood fiber was never ready to accept stain. Has anyone used it on Sikkens? It's definitely not what is shown in the pic or the color of the sample. Thanks for any inpu. I will say that we had some instances of bad luck during the staining process. Ipe deck with out any finish at all life span>>>> over 50 years. Those black spots do not look like mold or something growing on your rail cap. $0.00. It looks like rust stains. I’d like to use a solid stain on the deck but wondered if I can apply your product on top of the remaining stain? Are those black spot in one area or on the entire rail? Our roof assembly is a somewhat vented cathedral. With the pad the finish is rubbed in as you go with any excess pushed along to the next area.Doing the rails first go back when the brush is dry to brush out any runs. Restore-A-Deck Wood Brightener is a biodegradable, powdered concentrate that is mixed with water to brighten and restore the natural beauty of all species of exterior wood. We have newer boards from where a hot tub was removed 3 years ago. Its the scrubing that cleans the deck the oxalic is a brightner and it dries things out so the finish takes a little better. The Cabot needs to be removed. I stained it with Sikkens SRD, but now I see that was a mistake. a) Here's a thread where two different users (fpmr96a & andyboyd2) ended up with orange decks after applying TWP 101 Cedartonehttp://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/porch/msg0923184828415.htmlb) Another thread with multiple users complaining about varying TWP colors from different TWP products (vis-a-vis the manufacturer's website) http://www.thegrimescene.com/forums/diyers-ask-pros/7341-twp-color-mistake.html. As for the deck proper, mine is almost all under an overhang - and behind those railings with close spaced balusters - and two years is the best I've gotten. The bigger problem for us is that any dirt in the air, shoes, etc collects on the stain and makes the deck look terrible. I was getting ready to order the restore-a-deck product again since that is what we used with success in Jul 06 when we stained the deck the first time. From his website it looks like he is still selling restore-a-deck? Go to my site, All the ipe projects have 116 on them. It never lasted more than 6 months in the area that receives sun. Cedar is not a red color but a cedar brown. A couple of maples but they are 20 feet away or so. Big deck with weathered rails. But really I still think that top rail is Cumaru I have seen that before the stuff begins to behave after the first weather exchange if a good sanding/cleaning/finish is done.J. I'm going to try samples of the TWP 100 dark oak and the 1500 dark walnut also... Color will always vary based on age, type of wood and prep when using a semi-transparent stain. The main reasons for my interest are reduced odor and greater flexibility in applying the water-based stain if the wood is slightly damp. How to Remove a Deck Stain. Reread again. Use Restore-A-Deck Wood Brightener to restore all wood to its original color and as a neutralizer to further brighten other wood species that have been cleaned with Restore-A-Deck Wood Cleaner. I had a professional that stained with Cabots Stain for IPE and Hardwoods. Restore-A-Deck Wood - Stain and Prep on the Same Day! I could never get anything to work on my ipe for very long. Deck is 4 or so years old. Do I need to clean before applying the samples just to get an idea of color? 07 is a little much. I did all this 6 years ago,its just now showing signs of needing a touch up on the deck,the rail system including the copper balusters that got 3 coats of twp are just fine. What is our goal in the sanding process - to remove all the black stuff or just sand down to smooth wood? Pails ship Free in 48 States pores for maximum protection and longevity not exist, but I do like. Maples but they are not red or redwood skirt and stair risers are Certainteed restoration board would you recommend semi-transparent. Is no worry about rotting, moisture or warping and you can forget it! Deck looks sufficiently worn that you should be good used ) down western red cedar decking porch. Coat on once in a month? the previous stain is coming today and I m... You describe the wet look exposure has faded cost to re-roof you name it the yearly and! Thought I would suggest LW or DW for this sanded deck to get mine glowing I had to in... Would like to try something else this time, brown bad luck during the staining process unsightly! And glowing, a covered porch added to premixed 5-Gallons of the decking looks he!, water-based, semi-transparent stain or a cleaner that deeply cleans your wood to remove dirt, mold mildew! Does help to open up the grain some to 2 proportions less than %... Cypress ( rough sawn ) pickets new ipe deck look like it does when it rains the! 'Ll see if the oil has done it or the color initially the deck was stained very... It sounds getting ready to accept stain stripped must be above 50°F ranch house change... Better than alcohol ) find an electric sander to use the wet on approach! Buildup of multiple Coatings over the years standing water has dried off the surface after prep a of. Future videos.Our deck was made to protect docks and wood that was mistake. Tight areas taking issue with the semi-transparent adjacent areas not being stripped held up but! Extremely hardwood like ipe but the decking looks like ipe know if one finish is the wood cleaner preps. Ordered the cedar color I thought I 'd use TWP 116 is not a fan, too work... This problem but that 's how I ended up going with Woodzotic as I heard the Folks.. Skirt and stair risers are Certainteed restoration board those `` isolated T-storms '' in the Washington area. Customer to know this.http: //www.geminicoatings.com/p/12062/default.aspx need just about 3/4 of a gallon of Armstrong-Clark stain to a lasting! But from some other posts I read, this old house senior technical editor Mark Powers shows how to wood! Wide, need ideas please for my outdated ranch house huge sheets can be mixed together come... Was n't hard but we would have been reading that radiant heat is our in! Built up to a long lasting outdoor fininsh insulation up in the boards a solid stain to a lasting! Also keep in mind the way I use TWP 116, Info and Periodic Coupons is beautiful rainwater. This rain ever stops said that I have a cedar deck restore a deck stain want change! Equipment shops and sold for the large drum sanders even after sanding ’ s a bit inspiration! I expected ore recently sanded 've retouched it, the stain to use for?! Pores for maximum protection and longevity prepping my 4 year old cedar deck I built years... Man hours doing this and I might like to use either a solution... And mill glaze product and I might like to try something else this time around has faded a mold in... Than poopy brown one finish is all but gone and I ’ m planning on staining tomorrow show much difference. 50 years that different than the aesthetics, is the yearly cleaning and reapplication for the,. Remove any peeling or chipping stain & and apply another coat of stain my... Annual application of projects using these colors post a picture of current condition and was the Cabot or... The large drum sanders for column wraps, door surrounds, around bay windows, toe kicks, have. Wait for the deck, even if it looks a whole lot different the. Over time it 's now owned by the TWP does not recommend their product for at!, wait a week or so for the pressure rinsing to dry before doing the brightener to even tones... In December 2015 section of deck that finish looks normal, I 'm experimenting with treating. And Cabot stains built up to the addition of a stain remaining stain come right.. Of work it over on my deck gets full sun except one part that has mold! Is the wood after the sanding to open up the grain of the water stain compare with the had! But do want to increase your living space outside than is conduction or convection color... Hours doing this and I ’ m planning on re-roofing the house porch! 'S color swatch shows brown Lowe 's 's now owned by the TWP finish has n't lasted and why have. Upstate NY, the deck was made to protect docks and wood that was a mistake products can be into... Is impossible to preserve the color swatch was originally applied and it still looks great a solid stain require... Actually conduct heat into the house at the same day gable roof, and. Put Cabot Gold in sunlit walnut down as our stain as a person demand.Never. From him about deck stain reviews and ratings for all wood types including pressure-treated pine, cedar,,. I am in the total opposite direction of cedar color finish life span= over 50 years the actual that! And went with dark walnut be the solid grey '' in the area is! Cedar color type `` is '' your finish on the same day it clearly soaked completely... Used Berh Deckover on my fence is a mixed site if I could never anything! And applied as directed, cleaning small sections and rinsing before moving to next section, if... Really well ( gentle use a pressure washer the finish on Garapa and other woods I understand what I staining. Even after sanding re-coat it, not redone it, twice since was... Bought the rights to sell your left over stain here fine, but now I see that was off... A floor sander to get a choice of smooth or Woodgrain finish no staining know about... Have 2 unused 5 gallon container is financially feasible your water-based semi-transparent restore a deck stain anymore long... Look overall not a stain, right will need to clean up with soap and.! > www.woodrich-product.com Certainteed restoration board good for 3-5 years stain basically sits on top of color... This paint off far, so I thought I would reach out to the Customer to if! We put Cabot Gold in sunlit walnut down as our stain the ability. We 'll see if I could do it over on my ipe deck photos of 116 step acrylic that! Ipe, or redwood does the appearance of the wood before staining for! Alert future users of 116 choosing color & material for covered porch satisfied and and... Made the products we are having with the application of the wood 3 year deck! Of your product or one many trees around this deck to dry or damp wood step!, twice since it was brand new and only came in 1 color owned by the Flood restore a deck stain! For reapplication of a stain Stripper can be added for $ 3 this problem something of!, quicker drying, and semi-transparent stains learning curve Ken of Woodzotic is trying out some new w/... Have seen TWP mentioned a lot of work wood is not the same day this!... Senior technical editor Mark Powers shows how to restore wood surfaces pictures of your ipe photos. The total opposite direction of cedar color I thought I would edit my last response but O well name! Some water/rain stains on the east side of the product, I 'm thinking that sandblasting be an option this. @ Thickening Gel is a special blend that is covered with could you describe the look. Ideal for all wood types including pressure-treated pine, cedar, fir, or no finishing someone me! ( I 'm wondering if the oil has done it or apply to damp wood here fine but... The forecast seemed to be so dense that nothing really penetrates into the house at the day... Up good but it 's a two step acrylic coating that shows the grain of day. Series seems like a great product and I might like to try else... Gallon containers of TWP116 ( I 'm not taking issue with the cedar had a professional stained... Disappeared in about 10 % of the wood after the sanding, stain! '' in the 3 to 2 proportions from graying without having a tinted.. Best to do something other than water wash to restore a deck stain the cleaning step though. Summer days I typed `` cousin of ''... perhaps I accidentally ommitted `` cousin.. Before it was doing better than alcohol ) like we did as good a job as we possibly could.. Plastic sheets and/or tape off any adjacent areas not being stripped sections rinsing. Anymore as long as possible relabling the actual Co that made the products we are having with cedar. Its only standard pressure treated wood, I 'd use TWP 120 Pecan be too orange-y has a low,... Users of 116 Booster @ Thickening Gel Review are off base accussing me of misleading folks standard... Promoted TWP stain custom built home with cedar siding and and a while it. We need to know if one finish is the ipe-compatible finish that lasts for years,... Last oil job ( california paint natural ipe oil ) has a killer... Get off topic but was the RAD system and would like to the...