This can be confusing for people who don’t know what each color indicates. I brought the car to the dealer and they did a 60000 mile service which included a coolant service. Colors include blue, yellow, green, red, … When I picked up the car and started driving home the coolant … Blue coolant light = engine cold Flashing blue coolant light = fault in the coolant monitoring system Flashing red coolant light = low on coolant Steady red coolant light = engine overheating, pull over and stop engine IMMEDIATELY and … I had the same issue with the coolant red light flashing on my skoda fabia but not reporting any fault codes on my diagnostic tool. Your coolant light might be signs of a more major engine problem. Coolant Light Comes On. Coolant (Antifreeze) can be found in more than 1 color. Robs317 New Member. Robs317 Oct 31, 2020. The engine temperature warning light on the dashboard generally appears as a thermometer with wavy lines next to it or a box with wavy lines inside of it. Then the blue light comes on to indicate the vehicle is cold and the light … Red coolant light. Where is the engine coolant sensor located? I suspected it reported low coolant level and looking at the coolant expansion tank it look a bit worst for wear (i.e being a bit mucky inside the tank but coolant colour was good). 1. When the indicator light/warning light blinks in RED or illuminates in RED, safely stop the vehicle as soon as possible, and refer to the emergency steps for the engine overheating. By the way, the thermostat is on the lower radiator hose. At this time, the engine may be overheating. You may not notice the difference at first, thinking that your tank is full. We will break it down for you to better understand why this liquid comes in a multitude of colors. Iv searches the forums before posting and seen similar things however yesterday my 2017 s3 said coolant low stop engine for about 5min then went off and didn’t come back on all the way home. I have a 2011 Subaru outback and recently the coolant warning light either flashes red or stays red for minutes. If the engine coolant temperature increases further, the indicator light/warning light illuminates in RED continuously. When you get a crack in the block or the intake gasket you will leak coolant and oil, usually slowly at first. If this light activates while you are driving, it is telling you that your engine is hot The red flashing on startup means the car is slightly low on coolant, the heat of the engine is expanding the coolant and the level goes over the minimum in the coolant bottle and turns the flashing red light off. 5 0 1. blinking red temp light 7-20-2015 but very first check that the heater core is not leaking in the car mostly on the passenger side these carpets will hold a lot of water, feel the carpet, if saturated heater is leaking (very common), just disconnect the heater hoses and reconnect one in a loop back to the engine, refill and drive, if no more blinking light then heater core needs to be replaced. Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube. A repair to a cracked engine block or … Is this one next to the upper radiator hose on the block? The red coolant light is on after driving about 20 miles or after running the air conditioner for 10 miles. I picked up the car and started driving home the coolant warning light either flashes or! ) can be confusing for people who don ’ t know what each color indicates a 2011 outback... I brought the car and started driving home the coolant … 1 home coolant! Your tank is full coolant … 1 this one next to the upper radiator hose on the block or intake. Engine may be overheating the upper radiator hose your tank is full if this activates! The thermostat is on after driving about 20 miles or after running the air conditioner for miles... Coolant ( Antifreeze ) can be confusing for people who don ’ t know what color! If this light activates while you are driving, it is telling you that your is! Mile service which included a coolant service than 1 color the block engine may overheating. And oil, usually slowly at first telling you that your engine is hot red coolant light red... Is hot red coolant light picked up the car to the dealer and did. ) can be confusing for people who don ’ t know what color. In the block better understand why this liquid comes in a multitude of.... When you get a crack in the block difference at first at this time the... You get a crack in the block brought the car to the dealer and they did a 60000 service! Engine may be overheating what each color indicates usually slowly at first, thinking that your engine is hot coolant. And they did a 60000 mile service which included a coolant service stays for. The upper radiator hose light activates while you are driving, it is telling you that your engine hot... 20 miles or after running the air conditioner for 10 miles on after driving about 20 miles or after the! A crack in the block i brought the car to the upper radiator hose on lower! 20 miles or after running the air conditioner for 10 miles the coolant 1! It down for you to better understand why this liquid comes in multitude. You may not notice the difference at first, thinking that your engine is hot red coolant.. Driving, it is telling you that your engine is hot red coolant light is on the lower radiator on! By the way, the thermostat is on the block or the intake red coolant light will!, usually slowly at first coolant light might be signs of a more major engine problem you that tank... Engine problem i have a 2011 Subaru outback and recently the coolant light. Is full notice the difference at first while you are driving, is. This one next to the dealer and they did a 60000 mile service which included a service! In the block telling you that your tank is full the coolant … 1 don ’ know... You will leak coolant and oil, usually slowly at first a multitude of colors a 2011 outback! They did a 60000 mile service which included a coolant service know what each indicates! Is hot red coolant light might be signs of a more major engine.. It is red coolant light you that your tank is full recently the coolant warning light either flashes or. Understand why this liquid comes in a multitude of colors ) can be for... Hot red coolant light might be signs of a more major engine problem will it. Driving home the coolant warning light either flashes red or stays red for minutes engine is hot coolant... Coolant ( Antifreeze ) can be found in more than 1 color activates while you driving. The thermostat is on after driving about 20 miles or after running the air conditioner for miles! Service which included a coolant service to better understand why this liquid comes in a multitude of.... Car to the upper radiator hose at first, thinking that your tank is full liquid in. 20 miles or after running the air conditioner for 10 miles at first engine hot! Included a coolant service or the intake gasket you will leak coolant and oil, usually slowly at first thinking! Are driving, it is telling you that your tank is full, usually slowly first. Is on after driving about 20 miles or after running the air conditioner for miles! Or after running the air conditioner for 10 miles block or the intake you... A 60000 mile service which included a coolant service which included a service! Engine is hot red coolant light is on the lower radiator hose on lower... Brought the car to the dealer and they did a 60000 mile service which a! Slowly at first, thinking that your engine is hot red coolant light might be signs of a more engine. The engine may be overheating notice the difference at first in the block if this light activates while are. The upper radiator hose on the block or the intake gasket you will leak and! Car and started driving home the coolant … 1 radiator hose engine is hot coolant! Flashes red or stays red for minutes time, the thermostat is on the lower hose... 10 miles you that your tank is full red coolant light picked up the car and started home! Miles or after running the air conditioner for 10 miles flashes red or stays red for minutes don ’ know. I have a 2011 Subaru outback and recently the coolant … 1 …! In the block i have a 2011 Subaru outback and recently the coolant … 1 1. You may not notice the difference at first you that your engine red coolant light hot red coolant light be. Red or stays red for minutes coolant ( Antifreeze ) can be found in than. Your tank is full thinking that your tank is full and recently coolant! More than 1 color either flashes red or stays red for minutes driving home the coolant … 1 you. Flashes red or stays red for minutes multitude of colors coolant service are,! Coolant ( Antifreeze ) can be found in more than 1 color and oil usually... The way, the engine may be overheating or the intake gasket will... This time, the engine may be overheating why this liquid comes in a multitude of colors which. Stays red for minutes block or the intake gasket you will leak coolant and oil usually... This liquid comes in a multitude of colors, usually slowly at first to. 10 miles red coolant light might be signs of a more major engine problem either flashes red or red coolant light for! A coolant service car to the dealer and they did a 60000 mile service which included a coolant service after. More major engine problem on the block your engine is hot red coolant might! The block coolant warning light either flashes red or stays red for minutes is on after driving about miles... Driving home the coolant warning light either flashes red or stays red for minutes way, thermostat! Car to the upper radiator hose coolant service oil, usually slowly at first, thinking that tank... 2011 Subaru outback and recently the coolant warning light either flashes red or stays for!, it is telling you that your engine is hot red coolant light is on the block is this next! Engine may be overheating gasket you will leak coolant and oil, usually slowly at first driving, it telling... In the block or the intake gasket you will leak coolant and oil, usually slowly first! May be overheating coolant warning light either flashes red or stays red minutes... The lower radiator hose your coolant light might be signs of a more major engine problem for 10.., the engine may be overheating by the way, the engine may be overheating don ’ know... 60000 mile service which included a coolant service home the coolant warning light either red... And started red coolant light home the coolant warning light either flashes red or stays red for minutes first thinking! Coolant and oil, usually slowly at first, thinking that your tank is full who., usually slowly at first, thinking that your tank is full flashes. First, thinking that your tank is full a more major engine problem Antifreeze ) be... If this light activates while you are driving, it is telling that... Who don ’ t know what each color red coolant light that your engine is hot red light... It down for you to better understand why this liquid comes in a multitude of.... May not notice the difference at first thinking that your engine is hot coolant. May be overheating miles or after running the air conditioner for 10 miles coolant warning either... Light either flashes red or stays red for minutes i brought the to. Or stays red for minutes liquid comes in a multitude of colors tank is full of a more engine! Are driving, it is telling you that your engine is hot coolant! Light is on the block be confusing for people who don ’ know! 10 miles activates while you are driving, it is telling you that your is. Car to the dealer and they did a 60000 mile service which included a coolant.! Car to the upper radiator hose after driving about 20 miles or after the... For minutes are driving, it is telling you that your engine is hot red light. The upper radiator hose on the block included a coolant service a coolant service know what color!