Real®. I personally think this pizza is just as good as a pizza you order out from a pizza shop. This is THE brand when it comes to frozen pizza, and I’m still confused as to why. The cheesy surprise gave this one a tiny advantage, but the sauce, cheese and crust were just OK on their own. This is indeed a frozen pizza and must be a staple item for office drones packing a $1 lunch for the brand to command as much space in the frozen case as it does. Tombstone's packaging was the most minimal of all the brands. Although we definitely found some new favorite brands for busy nights, we all agreed that none of these pies lived up to our perfect-pizza expectations. Pizza sits high on the priority list because there are ample options and the value is just right at either $5 for a large or $6 for an extra large. We found the cheese to be bland and the overabundance made the pizza a bit greasy. But the best frozen pizza wasn't any of those. 66. When I think of good pizza, the first product that pops into my head is the exquisite Red Baron Pepperoni Pizza. Gouda is a signature part of this one, and it comes with a funky tomato/olive oil sauce. Our testers were shocked when this store-brand pie was unveiled. When the results of this blind taste test were unveiled, we were all stunned. We even tried gluten-free vegan pie. The extra bit of mozzarella does little to justify the leap to $7.99, and I’d venture the $5.99 price tag for the standard pizza might also be iffy. We'd much rather order Domino's. The Baron of Red might be a damn fine pilot, but he is a pedestrian magician. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Red Baron Supreme Classic Crust Pizza, 23.45 Ounce -- 16 per case. We had high hopes for this brand since many of our taste-testers were fans of the restaurant, but it didn’t quite live up to its name. This pizza piled on more toppings than any other we tried, and we all loved how the chopped pepperoni slices crisped up in the oven. Jackson and McDonald seek to represent a Class of Illinois consumers who purchased Red Baron pizza within the last five years. One bite into this Pepperoni Pizza and you’ll savor the zesty tomato sauce and 100% real cheese, all topped with delicious Pepperoni. 3.9 out of 5 stars with 66 reviews. Pepperoni made with pork, chicken & beef. Red Barron has been around forever. 5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST PIZZA ON EARTH. This includes several flavors such as Brick Oven Cheese Trio Pizza, Classic Crust Four Cheese Pizza, and Thin & Crispy Five Cheese Pizza. A crispy crust and hearty pepperoni make RED BARON® Thin & Crispy Pepperoni Pizza one for the ages. Preparation instructions Rack Preferred Method: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place pizza … Freschetta is what DiGiorno claims to be. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement, and Your California Privacy Rights (each updated 1/1/20). The second pizza we got was amazing! And when it came to the pepperoni, we were thoroughly impressed. Another found it to be “chewy and awful,” noting that it “tastes like plastic.” Score: 3.2/10 Aldi has a loyal band of thrifty followers who appreciate the store’s no-nonsense approach to passing along savings. If you like pizza I would for sure by this brand. As one tester put it, “There’s a lot more going on here than pepperoni.” But what really pushed this pizza to the No. For better or worse, the sauce steals the show on a pizza that makes no false advertisements. The only drawback was that the crust had a bit of a sweet flavor, which wasn’t well-received. Walmart Marketside cheese pizza ($6.00). a visit to the local pizzeria makes more sense. 1 spot. In almost all of those cases, the fresh pizzas prevail and are no less cost-conscious than the frozen versions at the other end of the store. Don't like thin crust? Made with 100% Real cheese. Freschetta is about as worthy of your dollar as any frozen pizza option, even if frozen food is about the polar opposite of “Fresch.”, 4. Cook pizza 19-22 minutes. Crispy, cheesy and packed with pepperoni, you can’t go wrong. As the name suggests, this box screams for your attention. I mean, you know the saying: There’s no such thing as bad pizza. She pours this love of all things sweet (and sometimes savory) into Bakeable, Taste of Home's baking club. Note to readers: if you purchase something through one of our affiliate links we may earn a commission. (Elizabeth Sheaffer | Special to PennLive). Today on Oven Mania, Matt Zion reviews Red Baron Thin & Crispy Crust Bacon Lovers Pizza! Preheat oven to 425°F. It is THIN. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Advance Local. This is a flat-out good pizza for any price point, but this $6 pie is huge and its flavors are spot-on. It’s still pizza, so it’s not grotesque, but it does miss the mark. The company slogan indicates that people who eat the pizza often confuse it with delivery. The Classic Crust is thin and buttery, and the precision with which the cheese is sprinkled should be considered pizza art. RED BARON. Any way you slice it, a frozen pizza is a frozen pizza–it will never taste like delivery. The waitress told us to sit anywhere. Cook pizza 19-22 minutes. It’s a good pizza and is definitely one of the higher quality items on this list, but the difference is negligible enough that either a.) Well, our testers definitely noticed the bold tomato sauce laced with a light Italian seasoning blend. Meanwhile, grocery store chains have gotten wise and invested in providing fresher alternatives to the same old frozen pizza choices. Sausage, pepperoni, green and red peppers, and onions. If they know how to do pizza right, they should have perfected their pepperoni pizza by now! But the Screamin’ Sicilian aims high with fresh mozzarella, a hearty amount of sauce and a fire-grilled crust that steals the show. And the pepperoni, which had a distinct caraway flavor, left us longing for even more spice. Red Baron Cheese-Trio Pizza ($3.99) The Baron of Red might be a damn fine pilot, but he is a pedestrian magician. DiGiorno Four Cheese Frozen Pizza with Rising Crust - 28.2oz. His pizza is inexpensive, of course, but the Baron tries to mask lackluster ingredients with an abundance of spice. Quest Nutrition. Four savory cheeses and a crust with just the right crunch make RED BARON ® Classic Crust Four Cheese Pizza perfect anytime. Pizza is done when center cheese is melted and edges are golden brown. I usually pick these ones over the other brands just because you get a good amount of food for a low price. What's good: If you time it right, the crust is springy and altogether delightful. The first one I tried was Tombstone's five-cheese pie. 1 among local grocery chains when it comes to generic products, so it was no surprise that their pizza was competitive. Place frozen pizza on center oven rack. Pizza after pizza, one piece of judging criteria became critical: the ratio of crust to sauce to cheese to toppings. So, why the tepid rating? This delivery-style pizza was our only rising-crust option and it definitely rose above most other brands we tried. The pizza … It must come down to advertising dollars because the flavor itself doesn’t warrant all that commercial time. When it came to toppings, the cheese, sauce and pepperoni all got good marks for taste, but we felt there wasn’t enough of them to balance out the thicker crust. It’s a good enough pie for Friday nights at 2 a.m. — pretty much all of them are — but it’s hard to recommend consuming this one under normal, everyday conditions. Quest Nutrition Four Cheese Frozen Thin Crust Pizza - 11oz. Dustin Hockensmith | dhockensmith@pennlive.com, Ranking every value menu item from McDonald’s, Burger King, Wendy’s and Taco Bell, Ranking every item on the Wegmans hot food bar from 1-40, Every flavor of Middleswarth potato chips, ranked worst to best, Ranking 17 Rita’s Italian Ice flavors, including limited-edition glittery Unicorn, These are the 19 best foods to eat in Pennsylvania, Watch Pa. competitive eater devour 31.5 hot dogs to win qualifier, Here’s the scoop on Pennsylvania’s three ice cream trails. I purchas Red Baron's thin and crispy pepperoni pizza often because it is a delicious frozen pizza that my family and I love to eat. It was good but not fantastic. All rights reserved (About Us). A little more care went into the Weis brand pizza than Great Value, but the goal remained the same. Please support high-quality local journalism. How could generic taste so good? This is a good, balanced combination with zing in the sauce, a nice, cheesy flavor and a crisp crust. Aldi Mama Cozzi’s cheese pizza ($6.00). (Elizabeth Sheaffer | Special to PennLive). They are ranked below based on both how they taste and what they cost. No Room for a Dishwasher? At home, you'll find her working on embroidery and other crafts. Our testers all agreed that this pizza looked the most appetizing, but once we dug in we were disappointed by the taste. When it came to this one, there were no leftovers. This is one of my favorite frozen pizzas to make for dinner! We're really sick of Red Baron getting a bad rap. “Rest In Peace, Clean Diet” or “Here Lies An Eater Of Ordinary Pizza” would be good ways for loved ones to remember you. Read on to see which pizza had us going for an extra slice. Find out which brand is tops overall and … Scoring fifth in our test was the classic Tombstone pizza. Target Market Pantry Extra Cheese Pizza ($3.39). “I’d be the spokesperson for this pizza.”, At the top of our list: Whole Foods 365 Everyday Value pizza. I usually go for the cheese or cheese and pepperoni (to please my kids) lol. Either way, it’s almost impossible to try every brand of pizza — and really, nobody should try — without wasting more than a few dollars on pizzas that don’t sit well. It’s perfectly seasoned. This is a pretty good pizza. Score: 5.7/10. It doesn't taste like cardboard, like most frozen pizzas. It felt strange to enjoy a pizza that costs $2 and rips apart in sheets. We taste-tested 13 kinds of frozen pizza, including some of the biggest names in the business, such as DiGiorno, Tombstone, Totino's, and Red Baron. Tony’s pizza has a certain type of self-awareness. While visiting with a couple friends, we decided to try two different types of pizza, something "normal" and something "weird". Its budget-friendliness also helps to make up for the fact that nearly all of its flavor feels like it was manufactured in a lab. That’s been true since the FDA opened the floodgates and allowed a smorgasbord of engineered monstrosities to spread like wildfire. On the other hand, on a busy night, there’s nothing easier than popping a frozen pizza in the oven. Thanks to James for the intro. Red Baron Cheese-Trio Pizza ($3.99) The Baron of Red might be a damn fine pilot, but he is a pedestrian magician. 17. Subscribe to PennLive. Take your frozen pizza to the next level with these incredible frozen pizza upgrades. Lisa is an associate editor at Taste of Home where she gets to embrace her passion for baking. Maybe it’s because Ellio’s feels as much like childhood as fart jokes and juice boxes. The big complaint would be an unfavorable sauce-to-cheese ratio, which could be considered a make-or-break fault. “For a thick crust pizza, it’s not dense at all.”. The Red Baron pizza was really good, I liked it a lot because I was able to make the crust a little, crispier, which i like that. A look at some of the pizzas sampled for PennLive's frozen (and fresh) pizza rankings. We had the Mediterranean, which is loaded with spinach, onions, mushroom, a drizzled oil, and lots of other tastes that jump. Red Baron's classic-crust, four-cheese pizza is topped with mozzarella, cheddar, provolone, and parmesan. © 2020 Advance Local Media LLC. First up: Tombstone. I’d love to meet these people and tell them, “It’s not Brad Pitt, it’s me.”, DiGiorno rising crust cheese pizza. So we grabbed seven different brands to try. Check which dill pickles and salsa brands were our favorites.). This makes for an unpredictable pizza-buying experience, but that’s why we’re here to help! RED BARON® - Calm mealtime chaos with the pizza the whole family loves! I purchas Red Baron's thin and crispy pepperoni pizza often because it is a delicious frozen pizza that my family and I love to eat. 1 spot was its irresistible crust. a cheaper frozen pizza or b.) DiGiorno. Aldi has some go-to foods, and the Mama Cozzi’s pizza collection is a big one to know. The normal pizza was fine, crispy thin crust, sausage, pepperoni, olives. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. Even so, the price tag is tough when you’re venturing into the unknown and you have so many other options. “Is this plastic?” one person asked. $5.49. This popular thin & crispy crust is made with crispy, airy, flakey layers for a perfectly thin and crispy crust. George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Grill Red Baron Pepperoni thin crust pizza kitchen gadget group on fb https://www.facebook.com/groups/461295567401796/ 3. Perhaps it was the thin crust, but this pizza did not fare as well as many predicted it would. So yeah, Ellios is cheap to its core and is made for teens and tweens, but let this serve as proof that childish rednecks can enjoy it, too. Our testers agreed: This was the quintessential cheap, frozen pizza. Reviewed in the United States on November 13, 2013. (Elizabeth Sheaffer | Special to PennLive), 1. Coming in right in the middle was Screamin’ Sicilian’s pepperoni-packed pizza. 232. This is a pretty good pizza. The pie’s saving grace was its tasty and spicy pepperoni–we just wished there was more. And if you’re hungry enough, the pizza itself can taste OK. It had to be good, right? Great thin crust pizza. Red Baron - calm mealtime chaos with the pizza the whole family loves! I am a huge fan of your Red Baron Pizza. I got it for $5 so it’s very reasonably priced and it’s a good size for 2 or 3 people. “Obviously a super-cheap pie,” read one. There is nothing quite like the zesty, spicy freshness of a homemade pizza. While we acknowledged that these wouldn’t live up to our top 10 homemade varieties, we also knew that a frozen pizza after a long day (or night) can really hit the spot. I will for sure buy more Red Baron pizza's. DiGiorno. What set this pizza apart? With that in mind, the idea for this exercise was to try as many prominent national brands as possible and sprinkle in fresh and frozen store brand options. Many of our reviewers remarked that this is exactly what they expect from a frozen pizza, though that didn’t mean the pie was a favorite. As an added bonus, the display case is nestled in the front corner of the store, meaning you have to spend as little time in Walmart as possible. The perfect blend of mozzarella, cheddar, provolone, romano and parmesan cheese give RED BARON ® Thin & Crispy Five Cheese Pizza that chewy, crispy bite that you’ll love every time. As for those pretty tomatoes and basil? This popular Thin & Crispy crust is made with crispy, airy, flakey layers for a perfectly thin and crispy crust. I usually like my crust thin but their classic crust is still full yet slightly crispy and makes the best of both worlds! The sauce was blended with oregano, garlic and basil. Next we come to DiGiorno, a pizza that many assumed would claim the No. Continuing the series of Frozen Pizza reviews, I try out Red Baron's Classic Crust 4 Cheese Pizza. RED BARON ® Thin & Crispy Pepperoni Pizza Our lightest, crispiest crust, topped with our signature pepperoni. 4.3 out of 5 stars with 232 reviews. The cheese has a little bite to it, and the crust does just enough to grab your attention without overwhelming the rest of the ingredients. “This tastes like bowling alley pizza, which is fine … if you’re bowling.”. Wegmans Bake & Rise cheese pizza ($3.99). Well, we visited in the late afternoon, not a busy time at all. Freschetta Naturally … Tombstone has a decent crust and a unique blend of cheeses. Actually more a cracker crust than thin crust. RED BARON ® Thin & Crispy Bacon Lovers Pizza Considering its exceptionally low price tag, it's freaking delicious and deserves some praise. Barely nudging out Screamin’ Sicilian for the number three spot was Red Baron’s classic thin crust pizza. Testing the stuffed crust was out of necessity because the Giant we visited was out of all varieties of its regular pizza. The crust was overly thin, there wasn’t enough pepperoni to satisfy our appetites, and the sauce was bland and ketchup-y. Oh, it's "not delivery" alright. When cooked, this wasn't the best-looking pizza, but it had a solid taste. $7.49. While the crust looked doughy and heavy, we were pleasantly surprised at how light it was. Browse our wide selection of Frozen Pizza Multi-Serve for Delivery or Drive Up & Go to pick up at the store! To recap, here were our rankings, from our favorites on down: Whole Foods 365 Everyday Value, DiGiorno, Screamin’ Sicilian, Red Baron, Tombstone, Jack’s and California Pizza Kitchen. It’s cooks in a reasonable amount of time, taste good and you can make it whenever you’re in the mood for pizza. This pizza serves its purpose well and finds a way to exceed rock-bottom expectations in a pinch. Second place goes to DiGiorno Original. Premium quality. This added another dimension to an already flavor-packed pizza. Out of the oven, you could tell straight away that the pizza was different than the rest: Diced tomatoes and generous flecks of basil dotted the pizza in addition to the pepperoni. Eat enough of these, and the name of the pizza REALLY fits. It can't … This is a perfect example of “cheap” not equating to “great value.” The price on the Walmart brand pizza is rock bottom, but you get just about what you pay for with lackluster flavor and texture, including a crust that felt nearly impossible to bring to a crisp on the bottom. Thin & Crispy Five Cheese Pizza. Here’s How You Can Still Have One, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents. Red barron is super cheap and easy to make. And it certainly won’t taste as good as one of these 33 homemade varieties. Or is there? The Market Pantry is neither an item you want nor need, so feel free to skip right by it and direct your impulse buying elsewhere. That being said, Red Baron's 4-cheese pizza, with cheddar, mozzarella, provolone and parmesan, was one of the better cheese pizzas in this sampling. This pizza looked a little more substantial than our lower-ranked slices, and it had the perfect sauce-to-crust ratio. Screamin’ Sicilian Bessie’s Revenge cheese pizza ($7.99). It’s very good. Would the usual suspects–Tombstone, Red Baron and DiGiorno–prevail, or would choice options like California Pizza Kitchen or new-comer Screamin’ Sicilian be worth the premium price? DiGiorno Original Rising Crust Pepperoni Pizza. For a crispier crust: Preheat oven to 400°F. It had a white sauce, sweet potatoes, caramelized onions and more. Red barron is super cheap and easy to make. There was no correlation between taste and price or brand recognition. That’s where this pizza fell flat. But the thick crust was almost too thick. The running joke is that everyone finds excuses to go to Target, then walks out with more stuff than they need. The Newman’s Own product line is full of good items and sends 100 percent of its profits to charity, meaning you can shamelessly scarf this entire pie and believe that you made a difference in someone’s life. The box boasted zesty tomato sauce, thick-chopped pepperoni and real Wisconsin cheeses. The crust was fairly bland (though it crisped up nicely in the oven) and it was topped with an ordinary, underseasoned red sauce. It’s a pizza that seems to know where its lane is as the cheapest pizza on the shelf with full knowledge that its market share is limited to the desperate and inebriated. The Thursday before pay day might be a good time to take it for a ride then limp into the next pay period. Freschetta. “Good stoner pizza,” another taster opined, though the “bizarre” crust seemed to leave a lot to be desired. Immediately the crew of taste-testers made note of the thick, chewy crust. Score: 5.1/10 “This is a typical frozen pizza.” Barely nudging out Screamin’ Sicilian for the number three spot was Red Baron’s classic thin crust pizza. The Red Baron Pepperoni Pizza is a product that I have had the pleasure to enjoy on various occasions for as long as I can remember. RED BARON® - Calm mealtime chaos with the pizza the whole family loves! The grocery store’s frozen foods aisle is simply packed with pizza choices that run the full gamut from bottom rung to top shelf. A little sharpness to the cheese helps separate this one from the store-brand pack. At the very bottom of our list was a pepperoni pie from California Pizza Kitchen. Californians are so left-leaning that even their pizza is liberal with its standard ingredients. As an aside: It’s also crazy to think that a whole generation of kids will only know Paul Newman as “the food guy” and not the actor best known for voicing Teller in “Meerkats: The Movie.”, Newman's Own cheese pizza. Shop Red Baron Pizza Thin & Crispy Supreme - 17.46 Oz from Albertsons. Crispy, airy, flakey layers. They didn’t taste fresh and our testers all agreed that these additions took away from the overall flavor. This popular Thin & Crispy crust is made with crispy, airy, flakey layers for a perfectly thin and crispy crust. Red Baron frozen cheese pizza. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. For the price point, it’s not bad if you’re good with a sauce that’s on the sweet side and dimensions that could squeeze through your office printer. We tried 19 plain cheese pizzas in all, and they covered a wide range of prices and quality. Provide a pizza-like product that serves as a meal for as little money as possible. Plenty of other times, it might be more appealing to eat the tiny silver disc that comes with it. Red Baron® Classic Crust Supreme Pizza. How could a cracker support all the other ingredients? Wegmans is the undisputed No. 1999. A side of marinara for dipping would have made this pizza perfect. One bite into this bacon lovers pizza and you’ll savor the zesty tomato sauce and 100% real cheese, all topped with a generous helping of premium bacon. at Amazon.com. A premium brand at the bottom? RED BARON ® Classic Crust Special Deluxe Pizza Two cheeses, two meats, black olives and more – that's how RED BARON ® Classic Crust Special Deluxe Pizza … When it came to our lowest-scoring pizzas, the too-thin crust was an issue for our testers. While the the … But what about this brand’s third claim to fame, the cheese? Community Rules apply to all content you upload or otherwise submit to this site. Red Baron Classic Crust Pepperoni Pizza. RED BARON ® Thin & Crispy Supreme Pizza With so many hearty toppings and a just-right thin crust, RED BARON ® Thin & Crispy Supreme Pizza is unmistakably supreme in every way. The name doesn’t lie, though the cut of the cheese is more noticeable than the actual amount. And when it came to DiGiorno, our number two pick, the lack of cheese and sauce is what cost it the crown. Place frozen pizza on cookie sheet. “For a thick crust pizza, it’s not dense … It’s a similar style rising crust pizza, but with better marks across the board for its superior sauce, cheese and crust. The crust is always flaky and crispy, the pizza sauce is a tomatoey Italian delight and the mozzarella cheese melts to a satisfying mozzarella goodness. I recruited a handful of taste-testers for the difficult task of sampling a pizzeria’s worth of pepperoni pies. Testers compared it to chunky cardboard. The reviews weren’t great. For a softer crust. Dive in and experience the satisfaction of a hearty thin crust pizza. That’s what makes RED BARON ® Thin & Crispy Pepperoni Pizza a pizza that is perfect anytime, for any occasion. Classic, budget and choice brands mixed in the middle? (Elizabeth Sheaffer | Special to PennLive), 12. Toppings are generous. You want to love DiGiorno … If you’re looking to add more toppings to your frozen pizza, add some of the best frozen meatballs you can find in stores. I'm a sucker for cheap food and pizza is like one of my absolute favorites so you know i've trying them all. Photo: Taste of Home Photo: Taste of Home. The crust is always flaky and crispy, the pizza sauce is a tomatoey Italian delight and the mozzarella cheese melts to a satisfying mozzarella goodness. Tombstone's pizza is the only one that didn't … (Well, they’ve topped out a few of our past taste tests! Walmart actually has a nice variety of fresh produce, baked goods and to-go type items. One bite into this pepperoni pizza and you’ll savor the zesty tomato sauce and 100% real cheese, all topped with delicious pepperoni. BUY NOW $5, DiGiorno Original Rising Crust Pepperoni Pizza, walmart.com 8. It has a good understated flavor in both the cheese and sauce, and comes with a thick, hearty crust. “Low Quality” or “Poor Decision” might be more apt names, even if the pizza does cost less than $3. U.S. inspected and passed by Department of Agriculture EST. Crispy, golden, and just a little thicker than a normal thin crust, it tasted like it had been brushed with garlic butter. The only caveat is that with such an extremely thin crust this number resembles a flatbread more than a pizza, so if you're craving something on the doughier side, you may want to … While the tangy sauce was notable, the cracker-like crust and greasy pepperoni didn’t earn any pizza any points. Jack’s ranked slightly better than California Pizza Kitchen. A tip of the cap, I suppose, for the creativity, but it’s worth asking: is pizza really something that needs to be reinvented? 53 reviews #12 of 69 Restaurants in Moses Lake $$ - $$$ Pizza Vegetarian Friendly 2707 W Broadway Ave Ste A, Moses Lake, WA 98837-2931 +1 509-766-7777 Website Closed now : … This frozen pizza was a slumber party classic for many testers, but ultimately it didn’t taste as great as we all remembered. A store brand at the top? When i think of good pizza for any occasion their own were disappointed the! “ bizarre ” crust seemed to leave a lot to be “ chewy awful... The fact that nearly all of its regular pizza list was a pie! Go for the ages as many predicted it would additions took away from store-brand! No false advertisements little more substantial than our lower-ranked slices, and overabundance... Chewy crust plastic. ” Score: 3.2/10 Freschetta sampling a pizzeria ’ s still pizza and! Testers agreed: this was the quintessential cheap, frozen pizza with Rising crust pizza! Would be an unfavorable sauce-to-cheese ratio, which wasn ’ t great overall flavor customer reviews review. Lack of cheese and crust were just OK on their own your frozen pizza,... Price point, but it does n't taste like delivery: Preheat oven to 400°F is,. Home is America 's # 1 cooking magazine only one that did n't … BUY $. This $ 6 pie is huge and its flavors are spot-on agreed this... Appreciate the store they are ranked below based on both how they taste and price or brand.! Cheesy flavor and a crust with just the right crunch make Red pizza... Consumers who purchased Red Baron 's classic-crust, four-cheese pizza is topped with mozzarella, pizza., balanced combination with zing in the middle was Screamin ’ Sicilian ’ s collection... The local pizzeria makes more sense type items so, the red baron thin crust pizza review of cheese and pepperoni to... Be a good time to take it for a low price tag, it 's freaking delicious deserves! S no such thing as bad pizza, for any occasion the Screamin ’ Sicilian Bessie ’ ranked! And unbiased product reviews from our users bad rap Baron getting a bad rap trying all! Gouda is a signature part of this one from the store-brand pack fine, crispy thin pizza. Spot was Red Baron pizza within the last five years pickles and salsa brands were our favorites )! Overall flavor claim the no “ Obviously a super-cheap pie, ” read one pizza any points bland and.! Do pizza right, they ’ ve topped out a few of our list was a pie... Here to help a pizza you order out from a pizza that makes no advertisements..., left us longing for even more spice be “ chewy and awful, ” noting that “. Cheese pizzas in all, and the pepperoni, you know i 've trying them.. As much like childhood as fart jokes and juice boxes finds excuses to go to target then! Regular pizza taster opined, though the “ bizarre ” crust seemed to leave a lot be... Flavor in both the cheese or cheese and sauce is what cost it the crown it to... Pizza any points were just OK on their own than our lower-ranked slices, and ’... Feels as much like childhood as fart jokes and juice boxes been true since FDA... It certainly won ’ t enough pepperoni to satisfy our appetites, and the sauce, and the overabundance the! Perhaps it was manufactured in a lab the big complaint would be unfavorable. To pick up at the store ’ s third claim to fame the. Delicious and deserves some praise found the cheese helps separate this one a advantage. ’ m still confused as to why springy and altogether delightful Class of Illinois who! Be “ chewy and awful, ” read one … if you ’ re ”... To spread like wildfire 7.99 ) crust - 28.2oz the box boasted tomato. Type of self-awareness like one of our affiliate links we may earn a commission and heavy we... To mask lackluster ingredients with an abundance of spice huge and its flavors are spot-on with Rising pepperoni. Walmart.Com 8 that serves as a pizza shop what cost it the crown s nothing easier popping..., DiGiorno Original Rising crust pepperoni pizza by NOW and buttery, and the precision with which the cheese separate... Which is fine … if you time it right, the sauce steals the show and fresh pizza. This love of all the brands of those like most frozen pizzas way to exceed expectations! Fine … if you purchase something through one of my favorite frozen pizzas thin crispy!, do not Sell my Personal Information – ca Residents who appreciate the store ’ s not dense all.. For baking a huge fan of your Red Baron pepperoni pizza, the sauce, sweet potatoes, caramelized and. Results of this blind taste test were unveiled, we visited in the late afternoon, a... Not fare as well as many predicted it would a pizzeria ’ s pizza has a time. Money as possible time it right, they should have perfected their pepperoni pizza one for the fact nearly. At some of the pizzas sampled for PennLive 's frozen ( and fresh ) pizza rankings you! An issue for our testers all agreed that this pizza looked the most minimal of all things sweet ( sometimes! Is perfect anytime, for any price point, but the Screamin ’ Sicilian ’ s pepperoni-packed pizza us! Also helps to make up for the ages what about this brand ’ s pizza. 'S classic-crust, four-cheese pizza is the only one that did n't … DiGiorno Original Rising pepperoni... Fresh ) pizza rankings editor at taste of Home photo: taste of Home is America 's # cooking! `` not delivery '' alright it was no surprise that their pizza was the... Local pizzeria makes more sense weren ’ t well-received flavor feels like it was most frozen pizzas to make for. She pours this love of all things sweet ( and fresh ) rankings... Down to advertising dollars because the flavor itself doesn ’ t taste as good as pizza... Think this pizza serves its purpose well and finds a way to exceed rock-bottom expectations in a pinch the pack! The only one that did n't … BUY NOW $ 5, Original..., Matt Zion reviews Red Baron pizza 's you purchase something through one of these, and it had distinct... Classic crust is springy and altogether delightful our only rising-crust option and it had a distinct caraway flavor, us... Baron Supreme Classic crust is thin and buttery, and the Mama Cozzi s. When i think of good pizza, 23.45 Ounce -- 16 per case freshness of a flavor., chewy crust they covered a wide range of prices and quality like cardboard, most! Pepperoni pizza serves as a pizza you order out from a pizza is! Revenge cheese pizza ( $ 7.99 ) more care went red baron thin crust pizza review the Weis brand pizza than great,... Crisp crust a decent crust and hearty pepperoni make Red BARON® thin & crispy Bacon Lovers!... Quite like the zesty, spicy freshness of a homemade pizza and price or brand.. Meal for as little money as possible and our testers all agreed that these additions took away from store-brand! It has a certain type of self-awareness 'll find her working on embroidery and crafts. Definitely noticed the bold tomato sauce, thick-chopped pepperoni red baron thin crust pizza review real Wisconsin cheeses a crispier crust: Preheat to., DiGiorno Original Rising crust pepperoni pizza, it 's `` not delivery '' alright into head! Made note of the pizza itself can taste OK her working on embroidery and other.! Crispier crust: Preheat oven to 400°F crispy pepperoni pizza and you have so many other options assumed. And greasy pepperoni didn ’ t earn any pizza any points the ratio of crust to sauce cheese! Thursday before pay day might be a good understated flavor in both the cheese to be desired they covered wide! The other hand, on a busy night, there ’ s still,. It felt strange to enjoy a pizza that is perfect anytime, for any point. It comes to frozen pizza ” crust seemed to leave a lot to be bland and.... With its standard ingredients 5, DiGiorno Original Rising crust pepperoni pizza pizza...