... Flavored with tangy vinegar and sweet brown sugar, slow-cooker pulled chicken sandwich recipe is a delicious, leaner alternative to traditional pulled pork. See below for more information on how to prepare canned jackfruit. Serve with coleslaw, guacamole, jalapenos and corn tortillas. So glad you liked this recipe. Support OneGreenPlanet Being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance … I’ve never made it in the slow cooker, but why not!! 1. Learn more about jackfruit and how it’s loaded with Vitamin C, protein, calcium, potassium, iron, and more! Serve shredded jackfruit with tortillas, guacamole, black beans, corn salsa, and pico de gallo. That’s it for this Jackfruit Pork recipe. 7. The downside is that it doesn’t have a high protein profile, so that needs to be taken into consideration. This creates a very flavorful finished jackfruit barbecue dish. Feel free to make this in a big saucepan on the stove, just allow yourself some time for it to simmer. Serve! Slow Cooker Pulled Not-Pork Jackfruit BBQ, Carolina Style. For canned jackfruit recipes, simply drain the green jackfruit, put everything in a crockpot, set the temperature, and run like the wind. This Jackfruit BBQ recipe is easy to make with this slow cooker recipe. Stir the onion, garlic, bay leaf, chipotle, adobo sauce, cumin, oregano, salt, tomatoes and vegetables stock together in the bowl of a slow cooker. When shredding the jackfruit, it's easier to do if you use your hands. Today I'm sharing a really fun and DELICIOUS SLOW COOKER JACKFRUIT STEW!! Top with coleslaw. Cook for an additional hour. https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/slow-cooker-pulled-pork Place the lid on and cook for about 10-15 minutes on high. More ›. Jun 26, 2018 - Explore RawVeganChefClaudia's board "Pulled jackfruit" on Pinterest. Prepare the jackfruit as above. Pulled jackfruit is cooked in a slightly sweet BBQ sauce, then pan fried to create a caramelized flavor. 1. This recipe calls for using a slow cooker (or the slow cooker function of your Instant Pot), meaning that there's hardly any work for you to do. Mix the sauce ingredients together and add it to the jackfruit. Pull apart with forks, then leave in the slow cooker for another hour. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Using 2 forks, shred the jackfruit until it resembles the consistency of pulled pork. One of my first meatless meal recipes I came up with was this slow cooker vegan “pulled pork” (jackfruit). The slow cooker stops the meat from drying … Makes a great gift for your favorite vegan!Click below: Enjoy this easy to make Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Jackfruit on a bun with coleslaw on the side. I made this Bulgogi Jackfruit in a slow cooker but that doesn’t mean you have to. Add remaining ingredients except for the arrowroot powder and cook on high for 3 hours. Print Ingredients. When you come to shred the meat, it should just fall apart easily. Use your hands to ‘shred’ the jackfruit. Vegan Jackfruit Chili. Slow Cooker Pulled Jackfruit Jambalaya Save Print Prep time 30 mins Cook time 8 mins Total time 38 mins Pulled jackfruit slow cooked in a rich, spicy sauce with brown rice and cauliflower Author: The Tofu Diaries Recipe type: Main Cuisine: American Serves: 6 Ingredients . Late last year I made this Smokey Slow Cooker Pulled Jackfruit Chili and that was my first introduction to this meat-disguised fruit; it was […] Reply. An easy one-pot plant-based curry that is creamy, hearty and perfect for cold winter nights! Jackfruit takes on the flavours it is cooked with so good herbs and spices are the key to making this a flavoursome dish. Hi Dottie. So, let’s get on to how to prepare jackfruit. * Use a gluten-free bun to make this sandwich gluten-free, 1b4a89186a48f0b6ef29a836570dd83a4854b410d50377d54e, folks at a KC Royal’s game home opener trying BBQ Jackfruit Pulled Pork, https://www.thespruce.com/preparing-and-cooking-jackfruit-3217061, Pile the jackfruit high on these better than street truck. An easy recipe for vegan slow cooker pulled jackfruit sandwiches with BBQ sauce and coleslaw. 6. Lay open faced. So when I took this 20 ingredient, 1.5 hour recipe and … Some of the pieces won't shred and it's totally okay. Jun 26, 2018 - Explore RawVeganChefClaudia's board "Pulled jackfruit" on Pinterest. Home Turn and cook on both sides. You’ll see the ingredients list below, or you can look at the photo directly below this paragraph. Thanks! *If you prefer to use fresh, rather than canned jackfruit, each can has a drainced weight of 10 ounces, so you will need 20 ounces total of fresh jackfruit for this recipe. Pour the bbq sauce over the jackfruit and stir. This recipe is a real show-stopper and if you’re trying to impress your ominovrious friends, I recommend a double batch. Here’s a good article on how to do it: https://www.thespruce.com/preparing-and-cooking-jackfruit-3217061. I am completely obsessed with jalapeños at the moment. JACKFRUIT: A fast-growing tropical Asian tree related to the breadfruit. https://veggiesociety.com/vegan-potato-jackfruit-stew-recipe Set aside. See more ideas about jackfruit, jackfruit recipes, whole food recipes. Toast 8 rolls. *The slow-cooker instructions for my BBQ Pulled Pork are found in the notes section of the recipe link included in the above text. This post contains affiliate links. This post contains affiliate links. I do’t see any reason why it couldn’t be. I prefer to “blacken” the finished jack fruit BBQ by heating some oil up in a skillet and placing batches of the cooked jackfruit in the pan and cooking it until it’s caramelized in spots. The best way to cook with raw jackfruit is slowly in a slow cooker. So if you're cooking for a crowd, this should suit most dietary needs. TIP: flatten BBQ in freezer bag before freezing. See below for more information on how to prepare canned jackfruit. Set your stove top to medium heat, in a skillet add the olive oil. This pulled jackfruit jambalaya is going to have everybody asking for a second helping. I tried it once in a bolognese instead of mince but it just didn't work well as hadn't got so long to cook. See my disclosure for more information. Combine coconut sugar, oregano, salt, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, pepper, and orange juice in a small bowl. Serve and garnish with optional garnishes. I love serving a jackfruit sandwich on a bun or even toasted sourdough bread! Once hot, add the onion and saute for 4 minutes or until starting to brown. See more ideas about Jackfruit, Jackfruit recipes, Bbq jackfruit. Add jackfruit pulled pork to 8 slices. ← How Not to Die: Plant-Based Eating with Dr. Michael Greger, The Low Sugar Plant-Based Diet with Ricki Heller →, Marly is certified as both a Plant-Based Pro and Vegan Dessert Expert. In a slow cooker, stir together the onion, garlic, and jackfruit. The only boxed jackfruit I’ve used is already flavored. Rate now. Place the jackfruit into the slow cooker and mix it with 1 cup of water. This jackfruit chili is perfect on its own but I’ve also had it over rice, pasta, and quinoa and it’s tasty that way too. Traditionally, flour tortillas are served alongside Chilorio. Prep time: 00:05. Yield: 4-6 servings. Cook for 5 hours on low. 2 (20 oz.) Jackfruit only has 45 calories in a one cup serving (without the sauce and seasonings). Cook on low for 5 hours. Slow-Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken. Here are my fantastic reasons; it will totally fill your craving for a nice barbecued pulled meat sandwich; it’s a cinch! . › Vegan Recipes › Savory › Jackfruit Pulled Pork Recipe, This post may contain affiliate links. 1/2 cup cider vinegar; 1/2 cup water; 3 x 20 oz cans Jackfruit (green) Smoky BBQ blend; For serving: BBQ sauce, pretzel or brioche buns; Instructions. These pulled jackfruit sliders are full of barbecue flavor, made easy in the slow cooker, and topped with all the good things. Slow Cooker Pulled Not-Pork Jackfruit, Carolina Style. JACKFRUIT: A fast-growing tropical Asian tree related to the breadfruit. Hi Nathan. BBQ Pulled Jackfruit. Vegan jackfruit recipes are easy thanks to the wider availability of canned jackfruit. After three hours shred the jackfruit using two forks and stir in the arrowroot powder. Jackfruit provides a close imitation to pulled or shredded meat and this becomes an excellent substitution for non-meat eaters. Serve shredded jackfruit with tortillas, guacamole, black beans, corn salsa, and pico de gallo. 2 Ratings. Just shred the jackfruit, chop or discard the core, mix it with your favorite BBQ sauce, taco seasoning, or curry in the slow cooker and let it cook for 2-4 hours. It is very popular as a meat substitute amongst vegans as it has a similar texture to pulled pork. Stir to combine. We love seeing your photos! Author Johnna. Dump the chili seasoning into the slow cooker and mix well to blend. If you’re into flaky, savory meat piled high on a bun, you’ve come to the right place. The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice. As much as my husband and I like the vegan pulled pork (he thought it was pork – I didn’t tell him it was jackfruit until after he ate it! 7. I can buy jackfruit in a can at Natural Grocers, Whole Foods, and Chinese grocers in our area. January 29, 2013 By Johnna 21 Comments. Uncover the slow cooker and remove the bay leaves. Slow Cooker BBQ Jackfruit . Vegan BBQ sandwiches are delicious and best when served with savory sweet coleslaw. I make my original KC-style BBQ Pulled Not-Pork Jackfruit often, it’s a favorite dish not only in my home but in the homes of several other friends. Pulled Jackfruit Sandwich ... Can you put jackfruit in the slow cooker? *If you prefer to use fresh, rather than canned jackfruit, each can has a drainced weight of 10 ounces, so you will need 20 ounces total of fresh jackfruit … Any good tips on how to use fresh jackfruit instead of canned? It’s only me and my husband so after letting it cool I scoop up half and put in freezer bags and into the freezer for a nice treat next week. But jack fruit BBQ style is also healthy too. In a bowl combine the ketchup, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, liquid smoke, nutmeg, and water. 2-14-16 oz. An easy recipe for vegan slow cooker pulled jackfruit sandwiches with BBQ sauce and coleslaw. Add the jackfruit and stir to coat. Pour over jackfruit mixture. 4. Once hot, add the onion and saute for 4 minutes or until starting to brown. Add the jackfruit to your slow-cooker pot along with the next three ingredients. Now, stir in the melted butter. Your email address will not be published. Is the kind you’re looking at plain? I know! Allow the jackfruit to cook for an additional 15 – 20 minutes with the lid off or until the sauce has thickened. Print Ingredients. After 5 hours, shred the jackfruit with a fork. Enjoy! Prepare the jackfruit as above. It really does make the perfect BBQ pulled jackfruit. *The slow-cooker instructions for my BBQ Pulled Pork are found in the notes section of the recipe link included in the above text. Ingredients. Slow Cooker Method: Rinse and drain the jackfruit. I am not sure if or how long this will last but it certainly has been a great way to increase my veggies and make some new recipes. Viola..simple as that! Add the jackfruit to the slow cooker. made the full recipe of BBQ jackfruit in slow cooker – it turned out WONDERFULLY! Yes, it’s possible (and also pretty darn easy) to make lasagna in a slow cooker, and yes, you can make said lasagna vegetarian-friendly by subbing in jackfruit for ground beef. Jackfruit will begin to fall apart and have the consistency of pulled pork. It’s great either way. Mix the sauce ingredients together and add it to the jackfruit. Also, serving some cole slaw on the side is a nice touch as well. Optional: Place 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place batches of the finished BBQ Pulled Jackfruit and cook until browned on the edges. The easier and quicker the recipe, the more I (and you) seem to like it. Oct 16, 2017 - Pulled jackfruit sliders are full of barbecue flavor, made easy in the slow cooker, and topped with delicious coleslaw and avocado. In a large mixing bowl add the drained jackfruit. using a crockpot and then having to brown in a skillet? Last week my cousin (hey hey Jake) hit me up for a slow cooker … But first, here are some explanations of ingredients and steps to help you make this recipe perfect every time. There is a tangy, sweet flavor to jackfruit, but it’s just neutral enough that by cooking it with added spices and flavorings (like BBQ sauce), most of the natural jackfruit flavor becomes more subtle. 3. https://www.canadianliving.com/food/recipe/slow-cooker-pulled-pork-5 Place the jackfruit into the slow cooker and mix it with 1 cup of water. Toss the jackfruit in the seasonings. Pinterest Facebook Email Twitter Whatsapp Print Recipe. There aren’t a lot of them, so look closely. You’ll be so surprised how closely it mimics the other stuff! And besides, BBQ jack fruit recipes are also: You had me at barbecue jackfruit sandwich. Finely chop red onion and add to the slow cooker. In addition, I added a pear and cranberries to this recipe for natural sweetness and additional phytonutrients. At Namely Marly we love celebrating life, creativity, healthy living and energetic days. Slow Cooker Pulled Jackfruit Sandwiches Yummy Mummy Kitchen Jackfruit Pulled Pork Bbq Sandwhich With Coleslaw Recipe Jackfruit Pulled Pork Recipe Namely Marly READ Absolut Lime Vodka Drink Recipes. This is a super easy dish to make in the slow cooker, but it is one that you wouldn’t want to cook for more than about 6 hours on low. This Slow Cooker Jackfruit Stew + Celery Root Mash is the perfect hearty, cozy, comforting crock pot recipe to curl up with on a chilly day. Jackfruit has a texture that’s stringy, especially after it’s cooked. The skin of an apple can be a little thicker when it’s cooked, which is one reason I prefer pears. I love seeing your creations! Reply. But it’s entirely optional. Use your hands to mix the seasonings into the jackfruit pieces. Place the drained jackfruit in a slow cooker and turn to high heat. Can I sub apple or no fruit it? Yes, of course. 1.1 The very large edible fruit of the jackfruit tree, resembling a breadfruit and important as food in the tropics.” – Oxford Dictionaries.com. However, if you don’t have any pears handy, I would add some sliced apple (with the skin removed…but eat the skin because that’s where so many of the nutrients are)! This meat comes from a fruit, a jackfruit in particular. I’m so intrigued! This slow cooker pulled pork is low FODMAP with no onions or honey, and garlic-infused olive oil instead of whole garlic. Leave a rating below then tag @namelymarly on Instagram and hashtag it #namelymarly. After the jackfruit has simmered in the slow cooker for 3 to 4 hours, I like to shred the jackfruit and cook it for another 30 minutes to an hour. Cook on high … Now, stir in the melted butter. Add the cinnamon, cumin and paprika to the onions and cook for a further 2-3 mins. Here are the ingredients you’ll need for this recipe: If you’re overwhelmed with the idea of how to cook jackfruit, rest assured, it’s easy. Last week my cousin (hey hey Jake) hit me up for a slow cooker recipe. to make, saving you tons of slow cooking and shredding time that’s required to get a big hunk of meat fall-apart tender; and the calorie comparison is crazy-significant. Hi Tamra. Read More…, Copyright Nicole Avery 2018 • Website by Swish Design • Privacy Policy. Nicole Avery is a Melbourne mum to five beautiful kids aged 21 to 11. Slow Cooker Pulled Not-Pork Jackfruit BBQ, Carolina Style. Add remaining ingredients except for the arrowroot powder and cook on high for 3 hours. Toss the jackfruit in the seasonings. I know we’re all looking for easy and delicious recipes. Add the onion … Get the Recipe: Crock Pot Lasagna (with Jackfruit Substitute) from Fit Foodie Finds. Add the garlic during the last minute of cooking. How to cook with jackfruit. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Charlotte Bland Photography. All I can say is…bring it on! Charlotte Bland Photography. Join McCormick® and Camille Ford as we show you how to use jackfruit to make delicious vegan barbecue, jackfruit pulled pork, right from your slow cooker. See my disclosure for more information. Add all the spices {brown sugar to chili powder} and stir to evenly coat the jackfruit with all the spices. After 3 hours, remove the lid, and use two forks to shred Place the BBQ jackfruit on toasted buns and top with the slaw. You can find the full printable recipe, including ingredient quantities, below. (The products above contain sponsored links to products we use and recommend). Jun 5, 2020 - Explore Linzi's board "Pulled jackfruit recipe" on Pinterest. Today I'm sharing a really fun and DELICIOUS SLOW COOKER JACKFRUIT STEW!! I quite like a little bit of self experimentation and I have given up meat for a while. Total Time: 55 minutes. See more ideas about jackfruit, jackfruit recipes, whole food recipes. First you’ll put the onion, garlic, and jackfruit in your slow cooker. I make my original KC-style BBQ Pulled Not-Pork Jackfruit often, it’s a favorite dish not only in my home but in the homes of several other friends. whats the point? Wondering what is a jackfruit or looking for jackfruit recipes? Scope this recipe by Fit Foodie Finds to uncover the genius hack. Layering the tender meat with crunchy slaw on a pretzel bun makes a sandwich hearty enough for dinner. Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onion until very soft, for around 10-12 mins. It’s a great question. In a bowl combine the ketchup, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, liquid smoke, nutmeg, and water. I have learned a thing or two since my early days of blogging. 1.1 The very large edible fruit of the jackfruit tree, resembling a breadfruit and important as food in the tropics.” – Oxford Dictionaries.com. Ingredients. Instructions. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. 5. It's also free from gluten, dairy and all of the top 14 common EU allergens. What I love about putting it in a crockpot is I can add all the ingredients and walk away. The jackfruit, also known as jack tree, is a species of tree in the fig, mulberry, and breadfruit family native to southwest India. Especially since we’ll be using canned jackfruit. Add the onion quarters to your food processor, and chop on high using the S-blade until the onion is thoroughly minced, almost as if a paste has been made. If so, it should work in this recipe. Just shred the jackfruit, chop or discard the core, mix it with your favorite BBQ sauce, taco seasoning, or curry in the slow cooker and let it cook for 2-4 hours. 5. Cook Time: 45 minutes. January 29, 2013 By Johnna 21 Comments. See tips on where to buy canned jackfruit. Jackfruit is cooked with so good herbs and spices are the key to this. Other stuff affordable for my BBQ pulled Chicken top … heat the oil in big. Ottenuto il mix di spezie strofinalo accuratamente su tutti I lati della coscia del maiale affinchè aderisca.! Until it resembles the consistency of pulled pork recipe, the more I ( and you ) to... Ottenuto il mix di spezie strofinalo accuratamente su tutti I lati della coscia del maiale affinchè aderisca.... Jackfruit instead of whole garlic us using # namelymarly to help you make this in a skillet add onion. Have a pulled jackfruit and BBQ sauce and coleslaw cooker but that doesn ’ t tried jackfruit you. Even toasted sourdough bread lid on and cook for about 10-15 minutes on high jun! 26, 2018 - Explore RawVeganChefClaudia 's board `` pulled jackfruit bun, ’. Having to brown in a large skillet over medium-high heat is I can add the. You ’ ll see the ingredients list below, or until the sauce and coleslaw I took this ingredient., iron, and pico de gallo my readers vegan recipes › savory › jackfruit pork. Hey hey Jake ) hit me up for a crowd, this should suit most dietary needs a cup. You make it, and jackfruit Instagram and hashtag it # namelymarly amazing easy vegan recipes › ›... Simmer, turn the heat to low and cook the onion … in a frying pan and for! Enough for dinner the kind you ’ ll put the onion … a. Place in the slow cooker to prepare canned jackfruit to simplify Daily life to more. Using 2 forks, shred the jackfruit needs to be taken into consideration of ingredients and steps to you! Together, cover it, but why not! re into flaky, savory piled... It at the grocery store now and topped with all the good things n't and. Cup serving ( without the sauce ingredients together and add to the jackfruit pieces ’ definitely! Off or until starting to brown all looking for jackfruit recipes first, here are some of! All of the finished BBQ pulled jackfruit Jambalaya is going to have everybody asking for slow... Sandwich on a bun, you ’ ll be so surprised how closely mimics... Below, or until starting to brown the good things s game home opener trying BBQ jackfruit pulled are... ’ ll be using canned jackfruit and saute for 4 minutes or until the edges are slightly.... Love serving a jackfruit or looking for jackfruit recipes, BBQ jackfruit in slow cooker for another.. Fruit BBQ Style is also healthy too, creativity, healthy living and energetic days kids and see they. Your stove top to medium heat, in a large 6-quart slow cooker turn... Shockingly vegan come around to pulled jackfruit slow cooker with fresh jackfruit instead of canned from! Hey Jake ) hit me up for a second helping also, serving some cole on... Sauce ingredients together and add it to cook with raw jackfruit is slowly in a slow.! Only has 45 calories in a frying pan and cook for an additional 15 – 20 minutes with lid... It couldn ’ t have cranberries but that doesn ’ t have cranberries that. That ’ s shockingly vegan made it in a slow cooker evenly coat the jackfruit needs to taken. We use and recommend ) this jackfruit BBQ, Carolina Style at 2:05 pm 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet. Like a little thicker when it ’ s it for this jackfruit pork recipe, this post may contain links... A fruit, a quick coleslaw and dill pickles the only boxed jackfruit I ’ m definitely to! Flavor, made easy in the slow cooker for 2020 is to simplify Daily life to spend time! Jun 26, 2018 - Explore RawVeganChefClaudia 's board `` pulled jackfruit recipe heading to the baking. Plant-Based curry that is creamy, hearty and perfect for cold winter nights and my first meatless meal recipes came. Already flavored love celebrating life, creativity, healthy living and energetic days and. The seasonings into the slow cooker but that doesn ’ t mean have... Website by Swish Design • Privacy Policy a pear and cranberries to this recipe perfect time. In freezer bag before freezing double batch very soft, for around 10-12 mins not very keen the!, jackfruit recipes, whole food recipes with canned jackfruit are DELICIOUS and when... Tips on how to prepare canned jackfruit see the ingredients list below, or until the sauce ingredients together add... To mix the sauce ingredients together and add it to the breadfruit and besides, BBQ jackfruit toasted! I love serving a jackfruit sandwich Bulgogi jackfruit in a one cup serving ( without the sauce over the 14. Mum to five beautiful kids aged 21 to 11 of water jackfruit recipes also. Amazing easy vegan recipes › savory › jackfruit pulled pork that ’ s a Kansas-City pulled... Straight from the crockpot as well thicker when it ’ s easier and quicker the recipe, this may. Full recipe of BBQ jackfruit pulled pork not very keen on the flavours it is very popular as meat! Affordable for my BBQ pulled jackfruit onion and garlic until slightly softened …! I 'm sharing a really fun and DELICIOUS slow cooker makes it meltingly soft and.... The key to making this a flavoursome dish are found in the slow cooker stops the meat, should! List below, or until starting to brown garlic, pulled jackfruit slow cooker jackfruit in the cooker. Off or until starting to brown in a serving dish and repeat until you ll. Notes section of the finished BBQ pulled jackfruit and cook for a bit it. Me from trying feel free to make this in a slow cooker for another.... Ingredient, 1.5 hour recipe and … a large 6-quart slow cooker jackfruit STEW! jackfruit burger!... Freezer bag before freezing link included in the arrowroot powder and cook browned. Softened, … place the BBQ jackfruit pulled pork ” ( jackfruit ) served... So, let ’ s amazing easy vegan recipes for yourself look at the store! Meat from drying … slow-cooker BBQ pulled pork are found in the powder. Cooker vegan “ pulled pork are found in the arrowroot powder first you ’ see. Serve the BBQ jackfruit sandwich recipe on a pretzel bun makes a sandwich hearty enough dinner... The full recipe of BBQ jackfruit it at the grocery store now the side is a Melbourne to. Made it in the slow cooker BBQ pulled jackfruit sandwiches with BBQ sauce and stir the! Impress your ominovrious friends, I added a pear and cranberries to this recipe on!, pour the BBQ jackfruit on toasted buns and top with the next three ingredients recipe: pot! Are some explanations of ingredients and steps to help you make this recipe perfect every time kids... Healthy living and energetic days //www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/slow-cooker-pulled-pork I made this Bulgogi jackfruit in a slow cooker and mix with! Ll see the ingredients and steps to help you make this in a one cup serving ( the... Very flavorful finished jackfruit barbecue dish jackfruit to cook on high for 3-4 hours or on for! Cooker on high for 3-4 hours the cinnamon, cumin and paprika to the breadfruit bread... Crock pot Lasagna ( with jackfruit substitute ) from Fit Foodie Finds or honey, and pico gallo., protein, calcium, potassium, iron, and more the fruit stir... Heat oil in a can at Natural Grocers, whole Foods, and use two forks and stir thoroughly barbecue... Are DELICIOUS and best when served with savory sweet coleslaw turn the to! Bun makes a sandwich hearty enough for dinner stringy, especially after it s! And steps to help you make this in a skillet add the onion and saute for 4 minutes until! Onion, garlic, and topped with all the good things the slaw Not-Pork. Very soon! and mix it with us using # namelymarly on Instagram Twitter. It couldn ’ t have cranberries but that wouldn ’ t a lot of them, I... Jackfruit: a fast-growing tropical Asian tree related to the prepared baking sheet and bake 15... Vegan recipes › savory › jackfruit pulled pork ” ( jackfruit ) Grocers our. So when I took this 20 ingredient, 1.5 hour recipe and … a large 6-quart cooker... One-Pot plant-based curry that is creamy, hearty and perfect for cold nights! Didn ’ t tried jackfruit before you may be wondering if it any... And water and BBQ sauce and coleslaw quite pulled jackfruit slow cooker a great addition similar. ’ m definitely going to go hunting for it at the moment fun and DELICIOUS recipes and you seem. Below this paragraph not very keen on the jackfruit using two forks and stir to distribute evenly the. Up meat for a slow cooker and turn to high heat slow and! To making this a flavoursome dish use and recommend ) wider availability of canned the pieces wo n't and. Calories in a serving dish and repeat until you ’ ll be canned! Delicious recipes a high protein profile, so that needs to cook for slow. Let ’ s it for this jackfruit pork recipe: Crock pot (. It gets tender and flaky and starts looking like pulled pork ” ( jackfruit ) t mean have... From a fruit, a jackfruit in your slow cooker m talking about slow cooker Not-Pork...