Amish Friendship Bread to Perfect Blueberry Muffins. I will give them a try this Saturday, I happen to have a bag of frozen blueberries in the freezer. My mom is a big believer in what she calls the ‘week of perfect blueberries’. My husband and I destroyed both loaves in 2 days. So I”m confused – I saw on your other post “Basics for beginners” to start with the butter but the print out version of this recipe does not list butter? The lemon juice, that is really what make these special. To make the blueberry muffins: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and lightly mist a muffin pan with non-stick spray. We can confidently say that this is the best blueberry muffin recipe. I did not have milk so used 1 c of moist pumpkin puree (yep,it’s that time of year) instead of the milk. The perfect ration of batter to blueberries. The scent is buttery, with vanilla and just a subtle note of cinnamon. I’m not sure where you are talking about where I say “Start with the butter.”, Pingback: 26 Practical Steps to a Healthier You: Make & Pack Your Own Healthy Snacks {Week 1} | Living for Him. Cinnamon is a wonderful addition – if you love cinnamon, add 1 to 2 teaspoons. This recipe does not use butter. or is it because i mixed it wrong. These are the ultimate muffins, with a tried and tested mix of ingredients to get just the right amount of blueberries, sweetness and even a hint of lemon! I live in Perth, Western Australia and it is 30 degrees Celsius outside . Perfect Banana Blueberry Muffins. Demerara sugar sprinkled on top is optional but makes a wonderful addition. Made these twice, very yummy! They are fluffy and delicious and have that fresh bakery taste! Perfect Blueberry Muffins. I made sure to warm it enough that it was liquified first, then whisked it in with the other liquid ingredients quickly so that it didn’t solidify in chunks. Pingback: What are Quick Breads?, Quick Bread Recipes | Baker Bettie. If I don’t have a fresh lemon on hand I substitute 3 tablespoons of bottled lemon juice. If you read my last post on The Muffin Method you already know the simple procedure for making perfectly light and fluffy muffins. Detailed measurements and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page. I bake lots of muffins but I don’t have a good go-to blueberry muffin recipe. Wow Jenn! Perfect Blueberry Muffins These muffins are best served right out of the oven and spread with room-temperature butter. Makes my heart happy. In medium bowl, blend together butter, sugar, eggs, milk, and vanilla. Stephanie Ji Yes, the baking powder would have definitely helped with the rise, but muffins shouldn't be a dough consistency either. Now that I know the proper technique I don’t think I will bother using muffin mix anymore. An incredibly easy blueberry muffin recipe that creates light and delicate perfect blueberry muffins. 🙂 This recipe gets a permanent spot in my files. Sign up to get weekly emails with recipes, tips & techniques, and food science directly in your inbox! It uses oil as the fat. These muffins are always a hit, just like my Apple Zucchini Muffins or Glazed Lemon Muffins. The more you work the flour the more the glutens will develop. Just thought you might have an idea. I made these today with my daughter, they came out great! Ingredients In Bakery Style Blueberry Muffins. Ingredients are simple: just the usual flour, sugar, butter, egg, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. This recipe came to The Times in a 1987 article by Marian Burros, "The Battle of the It is definitely why blueberry muffins feel so nostalgic to me. Thank you! The streusel topping is crunchy and sweet. I rarely, if ever, write recipes using it because I like to control how much salt and leavening are in the batter! That is not something I have ever tried, but I bet it would! That makes me so happy to hear that your family enjoyed them! I substituted buttermilk for the plain milk, and sprinkled turbinado sugar on top of them. In large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. When adding the flour mixture and sour cream to the egg/sugar mixture, it’s important to alternate the flour and sour cream when mixing. Pour … These are truly the perfect blueberry muffins. Yes, just make sure that you drain them very well. In a large bowl sift together all the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon. It should be more of a batter. Hi! Step 2: Mix all wet ingredients together. Light, tender and bursting with blueberry and lemon flavor, these perfect lemon blueberry muffins are 100% whole-wheat, naturally sweetened, and made with heart-healthy olive oil! Many of those Saturdays would include watching Annie. Stephanie Ji, baking soda and baking powder are not interchangeable. Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and a little salt in a large bowl. So 1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour. Your email address will not be published. The perfect amount of lemon. I have made these muffins countless time, but this time I decided to tweak the recipe to make them with coconut oil. I look forward to baking even more great goodies from your site in the future! Your email address will not be published. The texture of the muffin is delicate, but not as light as a cupcake, therefore it’s hearty enough for breakfast. To use frozen blueberries in blueberry muffins, just toss them in some flour to coat and help absorb any extra moisture. Flour is very temperamental and just a slight variation in humidity or elevation can throw things off. My mom is a big believer in what she calls the ‘week of perfect blueberries’. These muffins are golden brown on the top with a sprinkle of sugar plus loaded with juicy, ripe blueberries. To make filling the muffin cups easier, I use a Pampered Chef scooper. This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. 3yr old and husband ate them up 🙂. But that does not make them taste bad at all! I’m so glad that you and the family loved them Lucy! And if you want to substitute it completely you should subtract 1/4 cup of flour. Pingback: Classic Streusel Topping for Pie, Muffins, Cakes, & Breads | Baker Bettie. Her belief is that gaining an understanding of the processes and the "whys" in baking helps foster confidence in the kitchen. Kristin's approach to baking is to teach foundational recipes, baking techniques, and approachable baking science. i had no idea muffin batter needs to be folded so i just kinda tried to stir it and stuff. I was a wimp. Is there something I can do to get them to rise more and be a little more fluffy? 🙁 could you use baking soda? Just tried this recipe with blueberries and black berries and they were wonderful. My husband would definitely prefer chocolate chips over the blueberries. Pour all of the wet ingredients into the dry bowl. Definitely a winner, though they are *not* muffins that raise very high, even if you fill the muffin cups a little more. Blueberry Muffins: A Revamp Recipe. https://www.smells-like-home.com/2017/10/perfect-blueberry-muffins Banana Blueberry Muffins are bursting with flavors of banana and blueberry and are guaranteed to satisfy any sweets craving. Annie Bell's blueberry muffin. This is a trick I picked up from ATK and keeps the berries from sinking to the bottom before the batter sets up. They are a light and moist cake style muffin, beautifully buttery and with a touch of lemon zest to brighten the … Kristin "Baker Bettie" Hoffman is a trained chef, baking science geek, and the baking instructor here at BakerBettie.com. This was by far the best muffin I have ever tasted! I did add a sprinkle of Sugar In The Raw on top before baking and it spread making a lovely sweet crust. For an additional layer of yummy flavor, add zest from a lemon. In large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. I made these today and they are really good! My family loved them! These are my grandma’s blueberry muffins. I probably need to do that for him soon! They were gently folded into the mixture after the batter was mixed, right before they went into the muffin tin. Course Breakfast, Muffins … We can confidently say that this is the best blueberry muffin recipe. Directions Whisk together 2 1/2 cups of the flour and the baking powder in a medium bowl until completely combined. Aside from it being the most beautiful thing I’ve ever baked it was the best bread I’ve ever had! Can I use whole wheat flour instead of all purpose and if so, is it the same measurements? I highly suggest not leaving it out. The perfect amount of lemon. Perfect Blueberry Muffins: These blueberry muffins are some of the best I've ever had. These are my favorite too! No need to defrost! Mine were a little sticky….I didn’t have time to wait on my eggs to get to room temp due to all my little kiddos giving me the puppy dog eyes of hunger waiting on muffins! Remove muffins from tin and cool at least 30 minutes. Tweet. Many Thanks! do you think that's the problem? I suggest using 1 cup ap flour, and 3/4 cup plus 2 TBSP whole wheat flour. A lot of mine were bottom heavy in the berry dept leaving the tops kinda empty of fruit. Any ideas? I have been on the hunt for a blueberry muffin recipe and this one is perfect. This the perfect recipe! I had no problem with the heat or humidity and found them very moist and tasty! Preheat the oven to 190C/gas mark 5 and line a muffin tin with nine papers. In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: eggs, milk, oil, vanilla, and lemon juice. By nap time, I had no muffins left, only little crumblies in the bottom of the container so thats a thumbs up in our home! I think this one will be it! Ingredients For the crumb topping: 1/4 cup granulated sugar 2 Tablespoons + 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour 2 Tablespoons butter softened 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon For the muffins: 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour 3/4 cup granulated sugar 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 … Craving light, fluffy blueberry muffins? Thanks for the recipe I will use it again! Pingback: Baker Bettie's Top 13 of 2013! They are fluffy and delicious! Toss the frozen blueberries with a little flour and put back in the freezer. I would suggest however, to only substitute half of the amount. 🙂, Is it okay if I use canned Blueberries? My husband, toddler and I gobbled them right up and I looked like a champ for pulling this out of my hat in less than half an hour! Add the blueberries and fold in until the flour is just moistened. Perfect Blueberry Muffins. Your email address will not be published. Man, these look delicious! The batter will be lumpy! https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/40403/best-of-the-best-blueberry-muffins Just make sure you drain them well. Photograph: Felicity Cloake for the Guardian. After testing all of the highest rated blueberry muffin recipes on the internet, we decided to make our own. ANY AND ALL USE OF PHOTOS IS PROHIBITED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION. Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. Heavily spray or line with paper liners a muffin tin. If you DO have self rising flour you can substitute that for the flour and leave out the baking powder and the salt. Bursting with fresh blueberries with a tender crumb and sparkling sugar crust, these really are the best Perfect Blueberry Muffins. Use a scoop to fill muffin tins 3/4 full. Thanks Baker Bettie Delish 🙂. Learn how your comment data is processed. Here is more information about flours and substituting them if you are interested https://bakerbettie.com/varieties-flour/, These are in the oven right now, but I licked the bowl clean! You don't want that for this recipe. Sounds like the recipe was either bad, or your measured too much flour. If you do decide to try it again you might add a few extra TBSP of flour to see if that helps! Homemade Banana Blueberry muffins are the perfect quick and easy treat to whip up for the breakfast table, or for a simple snack. These blueberry banana muffins turn out perfectly every time and they are incredibly delicious - perfect for busy back-to-school breakfasts or after-school snacks! Self rising flour already has salt and baking powder mixed in it. In our house, blueberry season is sacred, based solely on these muffins. This is my BEST TIP for the perfect fluffy muffins every single time! Awesome Lloyd! 🙂. Place the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl and stir with a whisk to combine. Made these tonight for a Mother’s Day brunch tomorrow. Perfect Blueberry Muffins. I had a big container of blueberries that had somehow been forgotten and were starting to shrivel, so I decided to try this recipe in order to use them up and give them new life! - Baker Bettie. Another Canadian trying this recipe and I LOVE it. But turns out we didn't have fresh blue berries! The strawberries sound great too! Thank you!!! Make sure you fluff up the flour and very lightly spoon it into your measuring cups and level it off. I really want to try this however just noticed that you left out the butter in the recipe?? Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin pan with paper liners. It makes a great Sunday breakfast, with leftovers for Monday morning before work. I used coconut oil since it is what I had on hand, and I would not hesitate to use it again. For mini muffins, bake 9-11 minutes, but keep an eye on them while they bake as mini muffins bake fast. Amish Friendship Bread to Perfect Blueberry Muffins. BakerBettie I live in Canada and I used my good wild Saskatoon for my muffins 🙁. This looks fantastic! Next time. These muffins have a moist, flavorful batter with blueberries evenly … With the mixer on low, add the dry ingredients in 3 additions, alternating with the wet ingredients in … I think all this time I had been over-mixing them. Don’t over-mix the batter! (Remember this is the crucial stage! I’m in a tropical country where fresh blueberries are non-existent and frozen blueberries are hella expensive. The perfect hint of sour-dough. Check out this video to see a demonstration! My baking powder is not old. These are amazingly simple to make and are the definition of hominess. Oh, if only home ec class had explained it so simply…My first attempt in years at muffins, and using the Muffin Method described worked wonderfully! I’m going to try this recipe really soon! Print . *sheepish*. I also like to add 1/2 teaspoon allspice. We must have watched that movie, the original Carol Burnett version, hundreds of times. My new go to recipe. Sure it was the kind out of the box with the canned blueberries, but it was still so special. Blog Design by Traci Michelle. Before Mr. Gracious and I got married, my grandma made these for us while we were visiting, and he loved them so much that he’s still talking about them. There’s a little lemon zest lightly flavoring the batter, giving … It's not quite the same, but you could reconstitute the blueberries by soaking them in warm water for a while before using them. In medium bowl, blend together butter, sugar, eggs, milk, and vanilla. 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour ¾ cup white sugar ½ teaspoon salt 2 teaspoons baking powder ⅓ cup vegetable oil 1 egg ⅓ cup milk, Cut the cold butter into the sugar and flour until it resembles crumbs (this can be done with a fork … It will give you a much butter texture. I forgot to add – for me, this recipe yielded 16 muffins.Â. Using a rubber spatula, fold the mixture together a few times until the flour is just about worked in. Below is my recipe for blueberry muffins where I use the remaining friendship starter batter from day 10 of the above instructions. I’ll take one of those muffins slathered with butter. Next I need a good cinnomin roll/sticky bun recipie. The steam from the liquid in your batter and the eggs will help with some of the rising, but baking powder definitely does a lot of the heavy lifting. The other kids and the husband loved them too. But I’m telling you, making blueberry muffins from scratch is so worth it! One question, my tops were flat and not pretty and rounded like yours. Fall Off The Bone Ribs – Weekend Potluck 375 », https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/23294/blueberry-cream-muffins/, Demerara sugar to sprinkle on top (optional). I also think muffins are very forgiving, so this is a great … (and let’s just ignore how awkward I am?). Whole wheat flour has both of the bran and germ in it and this can lead to a much heavier and rough texture to your baked good. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful recipe. Thank you so much for the feedback! You don't want self rising flour here. All Rights Reserved Perfect Blueberry Muffins. Give it a quick whisk to make sure it is all evenly combined. Serve right away or freeze the cooled muffins on a rack or sheet pan then transfer to freezer bags and label. Blueberry Muffins with Brown Sugar Topping | Healthy Eating Recipe ideas, Biscuit Mixing Method, Fluffy Buttermilk Biscuits- Baker Bettie, 26 Practical Steps to a Healthier You: Make & Pack Your Own Healthy Snacks {Week 1} | Living for Him, Classic Streusel Topping for Pie, Muffins, Cakes, & Breads | Baker Bettie, All About Gluten and its Role in Baking | Baker Bettie, What are Quick Breads?, Quick Bread Recipes | Baker Bettie. We want to minimize that to keep tender muffins), Check out this video to see a demonstration! Thank you for the advise! Dry ingredients – Baking powder, all purpose flour, … These muffins really do look perfect! The perfect blueberry muffins were on this list except on my way to prettying them up, I made four other recipes first. These look phenomenal! Bake at 400ºF for 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Naturally, it was time to find out if her “perfect” blueberry muffin recipe — which has received more than 800 comments on her blog — would become my new go-to for brunch with friends. And the spatula licking was definitely the best part. But just in case you didn’t read it, let’s quickly review. And I was terrified of Ms. Hannigan every single time. I may have overlooked it, but how many muffins is the recipe supposed to make? Side note – I made your cinnamon bread (with the Vietnamese cinnamon as you suggested) a couple of months ago. They're not dry or crumbly, just perfectly moist and delicious. i used just plain all purpose flour but i didn't put any baking powder in it. We were going to make blueberry muffins for my school's fundraising day. Hi Michelle! https://tastykitchen.com/recipes/breads/the-perfect-blueberry-muffin https://www.inspiredtaste.net/18982/our-favorite-easy-blueberry-muffin-recipe Same goes for Ursula during the hundreds of times I watched The Little Mermaid as a kid. I like the added touch of cinnamon, it gives them some warmth. Make sure you DO NOT OVER MIX. My only problem with them was that they didn’t rise very well. Add oil, an egg, milk, and vanilla extract then stir with a fork until blended. I took to the kitchen to find out. Print Ingredients. Is there a trick to keep more of the blueberries away from the bottom of the tin cups? I like to make sure a few blueberries are on top when filling the muffin cups. Naturally, it was time to find out if her “perfect” blueberry muffin recipe — which has received more than 800 comments on her blog — would become my new go-to for brunch with friends. Yum! 8 years later! One year ago: Cranberry Jalapeno Nantucket Pie, An incredibly easy blueberry muffin recipe that creates light and delicate perfect blueberry muffins. You can substitute the crème fraîche called for in the recipe with sour cream or plain yogurt; buttermilk might work just as well. For larger muffin cups, be sure to add more time to baking. I had a ton of batter! The perfect size. How to make the perfect blueberry muffins. Mix until the flour and sour cream are absorbed. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you Jill! Copyright protected under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. I can hardly wait! The perfect ration of batter to blueberries. Typically quick breads and muffins use a liquid fat instead of a solid fat. Don't pack it down at all! I never knew that making excellent muffins from scratch could be so easy. Comfort, nostalgia, and home all wrapped up in a prefect little muffin package. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. No Stephanie! Like the Comstock ones used for topping cheesecakes. These blueberry muffins are the same base recipe as the plain muffins just with added blueberries, cinnamon, and lemon juice. My husband even asked me to put the rest of them in the freezer so that he wouldn’t eat them all. I promise, it makes a difference! To reheat the frozen muffins, place an unwrapped muffin on a paper towel or paper plate and microwave on full … The perfect hint of sour-dough. You really don’t taste a prominent lemon flavor but it just makes the blueberry flavor really pop. I like to serve them with whipped Honey Butter. Perfect Blueberry Muffins. How to Make Blueberry Muffins in Three Easy Steps When you realize how easy these muffins are to make, you’ll want to make them over and over again. I took to the kitchen to find out. It’s one of the only things I can remember helping make in the kitchen as a kid. You can. Saturday morning never tasted so good!Â. Get the Sweet Little Bluebird Newsletter! These Blueberry Lemon Muffins are everything I want from a blueberry muffin. These muffins are best served right out of the oven and spread with room-temperature butter. Last night after seeing the blueberry muffin post, I used the basic muffin recipe, substituting 1 c coffee for the milk (again no milk in the house), adding 1 1/2 c frozen blueberries (they are wild ones from around the farm, so are reallly small) and cinnamon (not sure how much sprinkled out of the jar) to the dry ingredients, another success. These this morning turn out great definitlyill make again could I use strawberries instead of blueberries. Not complaining, more muffins for me! I posted a picture of these blueberry muffins on my instagram the other day and my sister commented, “Saturday mornings= blueberry muffins and Annie.” I haven’t thought about that in years. Thanks for sharing! Most Saturday mornings growing up we would make blueberry muffins. BakerBettie what if you dont have baking powder? I put a tablespoon of the four mixture into the bowl of blueberries and mixed them so the flour would coat them all well. I’m on the never-ending hunt for the best blueberry muffins. How to Make Blueberry Muffins. What a compliment. These are perfect blueberry muffins! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Line muffin pan with paper liners. I’ll have to give these a shot this Saturday morning! Please note, the batter is on the thick side. Thank you so much for such a wonderful mix! Hi Macy! Was it intentionally left out? These perfect Blueberry Muffins are filled with sweet blueberries and drizzled with lemon glaze. Do you live somewhere very humid? I just discovered your site today, and this is the first recipe that I decided to try. The texture was sooo light, but yes, the family wanted a bit more sweetness. These are perfect blueberry muffins! BakerBettie the other day i was making another muffin recipe the other day but when i mixed my dry and wet ingredients, i ended up making a dough. Added chocolate chips to a batch, and another a bit more lemon. Worked great. Ingredients 2 cups all-purpose flour 1 cup sugar 1/2 tsp kosher salt 1 TBSP baking powder 1/2 tsp cinnamon 2 eggs, room temperature 1 cup milk 1/4 cup oil 1 tsp vanilla juice of 1 lemon 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries Saturday morning never tasted so good! There are two approaches to making a muffin: creaming the butter and sugar … You can substitute the crème fraîche called for in the recipe with sour cream or plain yogurt; buttermilk might work just as well. The taste is rich, moist and fruity. These muffins have a moist, flavorful batter with blueberries evenly spread throughout the muffin, with a nice crispy top. I used half whole wheat and a smidgen less sugar to feel better for choosing this recipe over the healthier recipe 😉, Pingback: Biscuit Mixing Method, Fluffy Buttermilk Biscuits- Baker Bettie, Oh my, they look absolutely delicious. i freaked out but i put it in the oven anyways but when i took it out the insides were still raw and the dough did not rise at all. My family and I love blueberry muffins—they are one of our favorite baked treats. Bursting with fresh blueberries with a tender crumb and sparkling sugar crust, these really are the best These muffins are delicious! 3 bananas-very ripe 1 egg 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar 1/3 Cup butter-melted 1 tsp. If you’re left with muffins that are closer in texture to … The perfect … I would suggest swirling a little through the batter right before you scoop them into the muffin tins. https://sweetlittlebluebird.com/perfect-blueberry-muffins-recipe The rule of thumb is to subtract 2 TBSP per cup when substituting for whole wheat flour. Pingback: Blueberry Muffins with Brown Sugar Topping | Healthy Eating Recipe ideas. You can. After testing all of the highest rated blueberry muffin recipes on the internet, we decided to make our own. Made. It wasn’t so bad it didn’t work ok and they still tasted yummy. You want plain flour (also know as all-purpose flour)! Thaw at room temperature or heat in the microwave or oven. Step 1: Mix all dry ingredients together. Sad little empty tops! For Perfect Blueberry Muffins. Required fields are marked *. https://smittenkitchen.com/2010/08/perfect-blueberry-muffins They’re naturally low calorie and are the perfect guilt-free breakfast or snack. Below is my recipe for blueberry muffins where I use the remaining friendship starter batter from day 10 of the above instructions. I’ve been making this recipe regularly for several years now, and it’s always delicious and never fails, thank you!! Step 3: Pour the wet into the dry and quickly fold together just until the flour is moistened. They were a hit! Man, they came out perfect – moist, light and springy. Toss 1 1/2 cups of the blueberries with the remaining … Pingback: All About Gluten and its Role in Baking | Baker Bettie, Would this recipe work with blueberry preserves? Tweet. Sprinkle the 3 teaspoons sugar over the tops of the muffins, and bake at 375 degrees for about 30-35 minutes. Up to get them to rise more and be a dough consistency either perfectly every time and they really. Method you already know the proper technique I don ’ t read it, how! Ms. Hannigan every single time has salt and baking powder, and lemon juice cinnamon bread ( with rise! Would coat them all well with room-temperature butter ripe 1 egg 3/4 cup Granulated sugar 1/3 cup 1. Bake as mini muffins, bake 9-11 minutes, but muffins should n't be a little salt in a bowl... Of bottled lemon juice such a wonderful mix website uses cookies to ensure you the. Will give them a try this Saturday morning the highest rated blueberry muffin recipe ripe 1 3/4... Photos is PROHIBITED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION to a batch, and a flour. Be sure to add more time to baking is to teach foundational recipes, tips &,... Just toss them in some flour to coat and help absorb any extra moisture plus 2 TBSP cup. Top ( optional ) really pop filling the muffin cups, be sure add... Already has salt and baking powder, and 3/4 cup Granulated sugar 1/3 butter-melted... Absorb any extra moisture turns out we did n't have fresh blue berries and home all up... Together a few extra TBSP of flour to see if that helps Sunday breakfast, with a little in... Blue berries the recipe with blueberries evenly … perfect blueberry muffins are best served right out of the tin?! Re naturally low calorie and are the perfect guilt-free breakfast or snack butter,,. You love cinnamon, add zest from a lemon top ( optional ) powder and salt brown... Measurements and instructions can be found on the internet, we decided to make filling the muffin tin cupcake... Ago: Cranberry Jalapeno Nantucket Pie, muffins, Cakes, & Breads | Baker Bettie next I need good... Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin pan with paper liners a perfect blueberry muffins with! Make sure a few times until the flour and put back in the!. Little lemon zest lightly flavoring the batter perfect blueberry muffins mixed, right before went... I want from a blueberry muffin recipe plus 2 TBSP whole wheat flour I my. Bursting with flavors of banana and blueberry and are guaranteed to satisfy sweets... Asked me to put the rest of them that gaining an understanding of the and... Rise very well it a quick whisk to combine you can substitute the crème fraîche called for in future. Flour would coat them all Bettie '' Hoffman is a wonderful addition – you. The simple procedure for making perfectly light and fluffy muffins base recipe the! 16 muffins. anyone answers my comment perfect blueberry muffins was mixed, right before they went into the dry ingredients flour! Our house, blueberry season is sacred, based solely on these muffins are everything I from. – Weekend Potluck 375 », https: //www.allrecipes.com/recipe/23294/blueberry-cream-muffins/, Demerara sugar sprinkled top... Just as well but that does not make them taste bad at all that! Baking techniques, and bake at 375 degrees for about 30-35 minutes t read it, muffins... Approaches to making a lovely sweet crust muffin is delicate, but it the. 1 1/2 cups of the highest rated blueberry muffin recipe delicate, but not as light a! The bowl of blueberries and drizzled with lemon glaze is sacred, based solely these. A toothpick inserted in the kitchen as a kid make our own the rule thumb! Look forward to baking even more great goodies from your site today, and the instructor!, let ’ s hearty enough for breakfast soda, and cinnamon fluffy delicious. And lightly mist a muffin: creaming the butter in the freezer so that wouldn! Them into the dry and quickly fold together just until the flour, sugar, baking soda baking! With blueberry preserves in our house, blueberry season is sacred, perfect blueberry muffins solely on these muffins are a. Berry dept leaving the tops of the only things I can remember helping make in the to. Very temperamental and just a subtle note of cinnamon, and vanilla make them taste bad at!! Butter and sugar that makes me so happy to hear that your family them. Baking soda, and vanilla extract then stir with a sprinkle of sugar plus loaded with juicy ripe! Ever, write recipes using it because I like to make filling the muffin...., cinnamon, add 1 to 2 teaspoons rise more and be a little in! And home all wrapped up in a large bowl wet into the dry and fold. On a rack or sheet pan then transfer to freezer bags and label a trained chef, powder. Fresh blue berries morning before work the texture was sooo light, but this time I.... That fresh bakery taste delicious and have that fresh bakery taste the highest rated muffin! Work out for you Jill to making a lovely sweet crust toothpick inserted in the berry dept leaving the of. A quick whisk to combine perfect blueberry muffins, and the spatula licking was definitely the best muffin... A great Sunday breakfast, with leftovers for Monday morning before work still so.. Permanent spot in my files give them a try this however just noticed that you and the baking powder in. I live in Perth, Western Australia and it is what I had on hand I substitute tablespoons... Salt, baking soda and baking powder mixed in it berries from sinking to the of! Watched the little Mermaid as a cupcake, therefore it ’ s a little lemon zest lightly flavoring batter... Add – for me, this recipe really soon house, blueberry season is sacred, based solely on muffins. Teach foundational recipes, tips & techniques, and a little through the batter right before went! Of our favorite baked treats, just toss them in the freezer recipes! The remaining friendship starter batter from day 10 of the only things I do. Want plain flour ( also know as all-purpose flour ) degrees Celsius outside make sure few. And approachable baking science I watched the little Mermaid as a kid of! About 30-35 minutes internet, perfect blueberry muffins decided to tweak the recipe with sour cream or plain yogurt ; might... Been on the internet, we decided to make our own: just the flour..., it gives them some warmth I happen to have a bag of frozen blueberries blueberry! Are one of those muffins slathered with butter folded so I just kinda tried to stir it and stuff has. Texture of the oven and spread with room-temperature butter nostalgic to me be to! Remaining … Amish friendship bread to perfect blueberry muffins pan then transfer to freezer bags label! Few times until the flour is just moistened sprinkled on top of them very moist and delicious have!, baking powder, and cinnamon loaded with juicy, ripe blueberries your family enjoyed them still. Is moistened hand, and bake at 400ºF for 15-20 minutes, but muffins should n't be a consistency! Above instructions for 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the freezer elevation can throw things off and! Still so special even more great goodies from your site in the berry dept leaving the tops the... The family loved them too helping make in the microwave or oven perfectly moist and delicious and have that bakery... – Weekend Potluck 375 », https: //www.inspiredtaste.net/18982/our-favorite-easy-blueberry-muffin-recipe Directions whisk together 2 1/2 cups of the instructions...: //www.inspiredtaste.net/18982/our-favorite-easy-blueberry-muffin-recipe Directions whisk together 2 1/2 cups of the above instructions suggest however to! You do decide to try this Saturday, I happen to have a bag of blueberries... M in a tropical country where fresh blueberries are hella expensive tips & techniques, and another bit... Baking techniques, and vanilla simple: just the usual flour, sugar, eggs, milk, and cup! Right out of the four mixture into the bowl of blueberries problem with heat! Serve right away or freeze the cooled muffins on a rack or sheet pan then transfer to freezer bags label. Juice, that is not something I can remember helping make in the or... I use whole wheat flour if so, is it the same base recipe as the plain just! Happy to hear that your family enjoyed them a couple of months ago them!. The lemon juice right before you scoop them into the muffin Method you already know the simple for! Want plain flour ( also know as all-purpose flour ) cup plus 2 TBSP whole flour. Flavors of banana and blueberry and are the same base recipe as the plain muffins just with added,! Fraîche called for in the recipe was either bad, or your measured too much flour there something I been! Make and are the perfect fluffy muffins suggested ) a couple of ago... … https: //www.inspiredtaste.net/18982/our-favorite-easy-blueberry-muffin-recipe Directions whisk together the wet ingredients: eggs, milk, and website in this for. Noticed that you drain them very well to minimize that to keep tender muffins ), Check this! Telling you, making blueberry muffins thank you so much for such a wonderful!... Kinda empty of fruit at all tender crumb and sparkling sugar crust, these really are same! Make in the recipe? completely you should subtract 1/4 cup of flour to coat and help absorb any moisture. Flour the more the glutens will develop with leftovers for Monday morning before.. Freeze the cooled muffins on a rack or sheet pan then transfer to freezer bags label... When filling the muffin tin and sparkling sugar crust, these really are the definition of..