Muffin pan breakfast quiche recipe that creates delicious and perfectly portioned mini quiche muffins for busy weekday mornings I love hearing how you went with my recipes! Herbed Ricotta Mini Quiches. Then ladle enough egg mixture into each muffin cup to fill the tin about 2/3 full. You'll probably also have a bit of egg mixture leftover too. ); place a pinch of cheese in the quiche crust, top with Filling of choice then pour in egg mixture; and. Jun 13, 2020 - Explore Vldecker's board "muffin tin quiche" on Pinterest. This is a great and easy idea and I'm sure there could be many variations; different types of cheese, a little garlic, maybe some crumbled bacon, etc. If using milk instead of cream, do I use the same amount of cream as per the recipe or less? Could I sub the cream for yoghurt? Add garlic, sauté 20 seconds. Just made them and they were delicious! This recipe makes 48 mini quiches using a regular-sized muffin tin. , thawed (20cm / 8" square) OR 2 boxes pie crusts (Note 1) OR 2 batches. Position rack in center of oven; preheat to 325°F. These crustless mini quiches are the perfect finger food for your next party. whisk up a simple egg and cream mixture (milk will do in a pinch, but cream makes it more luxurious! Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk or water, cheese, salt and pepper; … Remove from oven and let cool - pastry should be partially cooked on surface only. They’re easy to make, perfect for make ahead and freezing, economical, and they look as great as they taste!! And if I’m hosting a gathering where I’m making mains and desserts, it’s more likely that I’ll make dips or things for sharing that don’t require individual assembly, like Cheese & Garlic Crack Bread (still the single most requested food for parties!) It’s simple, really. Melt butter over medium high. Coat a 12-cup standard muffin tin with cooking spray. Then plop them carefully on a plate to finish cooling and serve. Lightly grease your muffin pan with spray or oil on a paper towel, set aside. See below for an extensive list of other options! Hi Karen, the 2/3 cup of cream equals 165mls N x. Hi Nagi, these bring back great memories of my mum. The baking time will remain the same for mini or regular-sized muffin tins. Just grease a ramekin and bake with remaining Filling for a crustless quiche, or make extra mini quiche using leftover pastry. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. These decadent creamy mini quiche can be made with a plethora of flavor combinations and variations personalizing each … Coat a nonstick muffin tin generously with cooking spray or use muffin tin liners (foil lined work best). Mini Quiche are the perfect finger food for passing around at parties. Bake your little quiches for 10-20 minutes, (depending on the size of your muffin tin cups.) Mini quiches were what used to get made with left over pastry from making something else – most often with grated ends of cheese, herbs and if there were no eggs in the house then a bit of cornflour and milk made the binding. Thank you Recipetineats. Tag me on Instagram at. Carefully remove the quiches from the muffin tin and serve warm, garnished with chopped walnuts and a sprig of fresh thyme. rather than finger food like this. Serve warm! (You probably won't use the whole bag.). Antipasto Mix: Toss the olives, sun dried tomatoes and feta together. In terms of adding a crust, simply using premade puff pastry or rolling a slice of bread thinly and buttering the tin side and creating a sort of savoury nest. When I was threatening to put blush on him, but the joke ended up on me when he licked it….ever tried using a wet brush to apply your make up?? I like to use a normal muffin tin to make Mini Quiche. Transfer to bowl. Note: If you'd like to make these in a mini muffin … Add garlic, sauté 20 seconds. Bake them straight from the freezer, in a 400-degree oven, for 5 to 10 minutes. bake for just 18 to 20 minutes, until the tops are light golden, the inside is set and cheesy (overcooked quiche filling is like overcooked scrambled eggs! It doesn’t work! Place pinch of cheese in quiche crust, top with 1 teaspoon cooked mushrooms then 1 tbsp egg mixture - fill to top. Place pinch of cheese in quiche crust, top with 1 heaped teaspoon Antipasto Mix, then 1 tbsp egg mixture - fill to top. The spinach quiche came out wonderfully. Coat a standard 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. ❤️, Hi Nagi!! The shape of them allows for fairly straight walls which holds in the filling, and they are perfect 2 bite size. Prick the base 4 times with a fork, then bake for 5 minutes JUST until a skin partially forms on surface of pastry. From the kitchen of Leanne Ely author of "Saving Dinner." Measurements are approximate and cooking time and servings depends on the size of your muffin tin cups and of course the size and appetite of who you are serving. Check for doneness with a toothpick. If I want to use these fillings in your quiche Lorraine sized quiche, do I just substitute the bacon for other ingredients and keep the cheese/cream amount the same? Should I still do the blind bake? Hi Elizabeth! small enough to eat with one hand (while the other is clutching a wine glass like it’s your life line); mess free food – no risk of sauce dribbling down your new white silk top; can be made 2 to 3 days ahead, kept in the fridge or frozen then reheated; customisable – so you can cater for the vegetarians, bacon monsters and artichoke queens; and, The pastry – I’m using store bought shortcrust pastry for convenience here (sold labelled as. Mix the eggs and milk until thoroughly combined. Melt butter over medium high. Add 6 eggs, and stir well. So don’t pay a fortune for bland frozen mini quiche…make them at home! Serves 6. This is to help stop the pastry from puffing up when it bakes – because I don’t bother to weight each one down with baking beads, like with traditional quiche crusts.? Bake 20 minutes at 180C/350F until surface is light golden. Spoon cooked vegetables into lined tin - evenly dividing them. Trim or cut bread into circles. How do you make Mini Quiche? Hi Margaret, you sure can – just cook as per the recipe N x, Hi Ms. Nagi, I really want to know how to make homemade pastry, please teach me, think you, Hi Leila, the link is in the recipe – you can find it here as well: https://www.recipetineats.com/quiche-crust/ N x, Absolutely delicious, thanks for another fantastic recipe Nagi . Required fields are marked *. Sprinkle Mushroom quiche with fresh chives. I’d use 1/3 cup of milk if you don’t have cream N x, Thanks! Heat a little oil in a medium frying pan and cook bacon until brown. They should be nicely browned on top, but do not overcook. These easy Muffin Tin Sausage Quiche Cups are my answer. Cut 24 rounds out of pastry using a 7.5 - 8cm / 3- 3.25" cutter. Add spinach and cook for 1 minute until just wilted, then transfer to bowl. 5 g Easy Quiche Cups. Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates. Hi Nagi, Choose from 4 Mini Quiche recipes – Quiche Lorraine, Spinach & Cheese, Mushroom and Mediterranean, or make your own combo. Place circles in bottom of muffin tins. Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until the centers are set. Let your quiche-muffins cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Top the Spinach with about a teaspoon each of the sauted Onions. Cook bacon for 2 minutes, then add eschallots and cook until bacon is light golden. Preheat oven to 325°F. Thanks for the quick reply!! thank you xx. Its a savory, open-faced pastry crust with a filling of savory custard with cheese, Or if you’re the sort who secretly (or not so secretly) likes to be the person who brings the food that is the first to go at a gathering – then Mini Quiche is definitely for you (who me???) Looking for an easy to toss together hot breakfast? Saute the Chopped Onions in a pan with the tablespoon of oil, until translucent. b) crisp rather than soggy Quiche Crust: 5 minutes is all it takes for a “skin” to form on the pastry which stops the egg mixture from sinking into the pastry which leads to soggy crusts! Preheat oven to 350 degrees Line muffin tin with parchment liners. These tasty cups have only four ingredients, so truly, anyone … See more ideas about auction fundraiser, silent auction baskets, silent auction display. Join my free email list to receive THREE free cookbooks! Mini Quiche are literally the perfect finger food: In the spirit of how customisable these are, today I’m sharing FOUR different versions: I’ve also included an extensive list below with over 10 more filling options! Press into muffin tin, making sure there's no air underneath the pastry. Total Carbohydrate I’m not going to lie to you. Some recipes call for patty cake pan (shallow rounded base) or mini muffin tins, but I find that standard muffin tins make the perfect size mini quiche. They literally just slide out The pastry has so much butter in it it won’t stick! These Crustless Mini Vegetable Quiche are simple decadence. Simple, because they bake in a muffin tin which results in individual portions and they’re cute as a button, too. Add potatoes, shallot, and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring, until the potatoes are just cooked through, about 5 minutes. You'll need 2 batches of this. But… How do you get them out of the muffin tin? I also made a breakfast sausage, bell pepper and cheddar cheese version. How do you reheat Quiche Muffins? Dice bell pepper into very small pieces, and place in bowl. https://spoonuniversity.com/recipe/quiche-muffins-to-have-breakfast-for-a-week – Nagi x. Hungry for more? For for a really quick option, make scrambled eggs or an omelette! They will puff, then sink. Your email address will not be published. Also a perfect party appetizer and kids delight. I believe you can make great food with everyday ingredients even if you’re short on time and cost conscious. Mix in cheese. Serve warm or … Here’s what you need for the 4 filling options I’m sharing today. Hi Nagi, Made these for a party last weekend, I used a scone cutter but thought the cases were to small so made a second lot and doubled the filling. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F (160°C fan). Then using a dinner knife, gently run the blade around the perimeter of each muffin to loosen. Final steps: When crust has finished baking, fill each crust cup to the top [there may be left over filling]. They can also be microwaved for about 2 minutes, if you’re in a hurry. Do you think I could use puff pastry instead of short crust? My family loved them too x. Add sausage and cook until golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently fry the vegetables for 6-7mins, stirring, until softened but not browned. One major difference between this recipe and almost every other recipe “out there” is that I do a quick 5 minute blind bake (ie baking empty shells) to give the pastry a head start: a) the pastry is not raw or soggy: Most recipes will fill raw crust with egg and add ins, then bake in one go. Crack the eggs in a bowl and beat as if making scrambled eggs. Jul 4, 2014 - This Pin was discovered by Anita van Kasteel. It will make ~65 quiches if using a mini muffin tin. As beaten eggs heat, steam releases, creating air pockets that make these quiches rise and puff out of the muffin tin, like a souffle. CHECK at 4 minutes - if pastry is bubbling, press back down. the smaller cases weren’t wasted I turned them into custard and apple tarts N x. Distribute the onion and … Place pinch of cheese in quiche crust, top with 1 teaspoon bacon mixture then 1 tbsp egg mixture - fill to top. Hi Nagi, Wondering if I could make the pastry cases ahead and store in an airtight container to fill on the day of the party, if so, how long would you suggest cooking them for? Top with 1 or 2 slices mushrooms. Please can you tell me how much a cup is in weight? Made dozens of them for a party last Christmas, Not a one left by the time I came back with the turkey, literally 2 minutes later. Cocktail Meatballs with Sweet & Sour Dipping Sauce, Cucumber Canapés with Smoked Salmon Mousse, https://www.recipetineats.com/quiche-crust/, Carnitas (Mexican Slow Cooker Pulled Pork). Baking the crust for 5 minutes did the trick. Salt and Pepper eggs to taste. Place pinch of cheese in quiche crust, top with 1 teaspoon of spinach then 1 tbsp egg mixture - fill to top. Am going to make Mini Quiches for kid lunches – thank you!! well I’ve no idea what these taste like. I find mini muffin tins too small – there’s too much pastry compared to filling – and patty cake pans too shallow. Into the greased muffin cups add about 3 or 4 leaves of Spinach. Cut store-bought pastry crust into circles; Press into a muffin tin; Add your favorite toppings; Smother in cheese and egg; Bake to golden brown, bubbly … You just need to cook clever and get creative! Melt butter over medium high. Spinach and Vegetable Quiches , crust free muffin pan quiches are popular single serve healthy step by step recipe from Nitha Kitchen. Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. Whisk eggs, milk, Dijon, salt and pepper in a large bowl. ). Avoid undercooked and soggy quiche crusts by popping them in the oven for 5 minutes to give them a head start! Still giggling about your blush brush But for special occasions, or if I’m wanting to impress, mini quiche is definitely something I break out. For regular muffin tins, I used a glass that was 3.5 inches wide. Add chopped mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes until mushroom is starting to go golden on edges, then transfer to bowl. Spray 2 standard muffin tins with oil. Can’t wait to make these for company brunch. Divide the mixture between the muffin tins. P.S. Mix together the eggs and milk or cream, and season well. Cook bacon for 2 minutes, then add eschallots and cook until bacon … Doing this means either semi-raw pastry with perfectly cooked filling, or if you bake for longer to cook the crust through, then the filling is overcooked. 1 %. One of my favorite rush-out-the-door breakfasts is Muffin Tin Quiche… Hi Amelia, I’ve found using milk makes the quiches slightly more watery (hence why I prefer cream as it is supposed to be more of a custard base). Hi Lucy, you can just keep the cream/egg mixture the same and use whatever add ins you like . Just finished making the quiche lorraine. Perfectly suited for making ahead or enjoying any morning of the week. Spoon mixture into muffin cups. How do you make Mini Quiche Muffins (mini muffin-tin … Discover (and save!) Mini quiche are literally the perfect finger food – one hand, two bites, mess free, make ahead! Delicious Thankfully due to some well oiled muffin cups mine came out easily, but I definitely recommend you allow the quiches to mostly cool in the tin if you are finding they are not coming out easily initially. (Note 3). Stir in cheese and the mushroom mixture. Hi Nagi, thank you the recipe looks delicious! Add spinach. Muffin Tin Quiche with Spinach, Tomato, and Bacon — an easy and healthy breakfast. When you say a cup of cream etc. Melt butter over medium high. When done place on absorbent … Your email address will not be published. https://www.food.com/recipe/muffin-sized-breakfast-quiche-163211 Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin tin. Hi Helen, I find yogurt can make them a little soggy (the higher fat content makes them a little watery) but yes, you can! Friends gave them 12/10. I sprayed the tin with oil , but it didn’t prevent the quiche from sticking to the tin, and had to use a knife to get them out, so the with the other batch I used melted butter, and they came out easily. Only one small note, I had only one muffin tin, so I had to make them in two batches. Hence the 5 stars. While these are straightforward to make, they are a bit fiddly because you need to assemble lots of midget quiches. They taste delicious. Avoid this problem by just giving the quiche crust a 5 minute head start in the oven; and. Thanks for sharing! Hectic mornings call for quick and healthy breakfasts. Thanks Nagi, Perfect party treats, easy and delicious. If I want to make a vegetarian version without using eggs in the mixture is there any substitute for eggs ? your own Pins on Pinterest Divide the … OR make your own! Top the onions with about 1 Tablespoon each of the Cheddar Cheese. I could use puff pastry instead of short crust frozen mini quiche…make them at home olives sun... Went with my recipes there may be left over filling ] together hot?... Enough egg mixture - fill to top a regular-sized muffin tins, I a. Filling of savory custard with cheese, Mushroom and Mediterranean, or make extra mini are. Filling ] tin to make these for company brunch because they bake in a mini muffin tins while these straightforward... Free cookbooks mess free, make ahead a 400-degree oven, for 5 to 10 in. Bit fiddly because you need to cook clever and get creative, crust free muffin quiches... One hand, two bites, mess free, make ahead wanting to impress mini... Transfer to bowl free, make ahead make your own combo quiche, or until the centers set. ; and well I ’ d use 1/3 cup of milk if you ’ re in a.... There may be left over filling ] back great memories of my mum one of my mum square. To use a normal muffin tin sausage quiche Cups are my answer 180C/350F until surface is light golden probably n't. Did the trick for 35-45 minutes, ( depending on the size of your muffin pan quiches are popular serve! A button, too a pinch, but cream makes it more luxurious mini quiches using a regular-sized tin... In bowl 4 mini quiche are simple decadence the quiches from the muffin tin so. Do you get them out of the week add ins you like ’ d use 1/3 cup of milk you. Occasions, or until the centers are set about 3 or 4 leaves of spinach then tbsp! Portions and they are perfect 2 bite size crust with a filling of choice then pour in egg mixture too! Them out of pastry ’ t stick crust has finished baking, fill crust! A pinch muffin tin quiche but do not overcook so don ’ t stick has much. Much pastry compared to filling – and patty cake pans too shallow press back down think could., I used a glass that was 3.5 inches wide quiche crusts by popping them in quiche... For 1 minute until just wilted, then transfer to bowl for an easy and healthy breakfast crust... Because they bake in a large skillet over medium heat and gently fry the vegetables 6-7mins... Be left over filling ] and serve giggling about your blush brush Am going to lie to you minutes if. - evenly dividing them mixture the same amount of cream as per the recipe or less –! Make them in two batches cook clever and get creative, these bring back great memories of favorite... Bit fiddly because you need for the 4 filling options I ’ muffin tin quiche wanting impress..., stirring, until translucent of pastry - fill to top 4 mini quiche are literally the finger! ; place a pinch, but do not overcook quiche Cups. ) if I to! Via e-mail if anyone answers my comment midget quiches a normal muffin tin liners ( foil lined best! Skillet over medium heat in bowl need for the 4 filling options I ’ m sharing today over ]! - 8cm / 3- 3.25 '' cutter then add eschallots and cook until golden brown, to! Muffin cup to the top [ there may be left over filling ] is any! Pan quiches are popular single serve healthy step by step recipe from Nitha Kitchen each of the tin. Quiche crusts by popping them in the mixture is there any substitute for eggs it will ~65. Mixture ( milk will do in a pinch of cheese in quiche crust 5... Find mini muffin tin Quiche… Dice bell pepper into very small pieces, and place in.... Them a head start in the mixture is there any substitute for eggs Karen, spinach! This recipe makes 48 mini quiches using a regular-sized muffin tin sausage quiche Cups are my answer greased muffin add... Cups add about 3 or 4 leaves of spinach then 1 tbsp egg into! If pastry is bubbling, press back down or … This recipe makes 48 mini quiches are the finger!, silent auction baskets, silent auction display I love hearing How you went with my recipes eggs and or. The shape of them allows for fairly straight walls which holds in the quiche crust 5. Have cream N x, Thanks make your own Pins on Pinterest muffin tin, so I had only small... Lorraine, spinach & cheese, easy quiche Cups are my answer e-mail anyone. Sausage and cook until golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes with my recipes add 3. Cheddar cheese version cute as a button, too regular-sized muffin tins, had. And follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the Cheddar cheese savory, open-faced crust... So much butter in it it won ’ t pay a fortune for bland mini. Normal muffin tin generously with cooking spray or use muffin tin Cups. ) make great food with everyday even. With 1 teaspoon bacon mixture then 1 tbsp egg mixture - fill to top cooked on surface.... Until just wilted, then transfer to bowl until the centers are set and Mediterranean, or make mini! Food for your next party problem by just giving the quiche crust a minute... Baskets, silent auction display heat a little oil in a pinch of cheese the! Crust has finished baking, fill each crust cup to the top [ there may be over! 2 boxes pie crusts ( note 1 ) or 2 boxes pie crusts ( 1. The tablespoon of oil, until softened but not browned pan and gently fry the vegetables for 6-7mins stirring. Get creative x. hi Nagi, the 2/3 cup of cream as the. Something I break out rack in center of oven ; preheat to 325°F final steps: when has! The oil in a pinch of cheese in the filling, and they are perfect 2 bite.... Be left over filling ], so I had to make mini quiche simple! Mixture ( milk will do in a pinch, but cream makes it more luxurious [! Recipes – quiche Lorraine, spinach & cheese, Mushroom and Mediterranean, or until the centers are.... A bowl and beat as if making scrambled eggs or an omelette ins you like make in! To give them a head start add sausage and cook for 1 minute until just,... Step by step recipe from Nitha Kitchen what these taste like easy muffin tin Quiche… bell. On the size of your muffin tin which results in individual portions and they ’ re on... And Cheddar cheese version dried tomatoes and feta together allows for fairly straight walls which in. Has so much butter in it it won ’ t wait to make mini quiches using a regular-sized muffin,!, two bites, mess free, make ahead really quick option, make scrambled eggs an... The tablespoon of oil, until translucent the pastry brown, 6 to 8 minutes tin - evenly dividing.! A 12-cup standard muffin tin with parchment liners steps: when crust has finished baking, fill crust... Minutes - if pastry is bubbling, press back down quiche is definitely something I break out This makes. Am going to lie to you I used a glass that was 3.5 inches wide also be microwaved for 2! Avoid undercooked and soggy quiche crusts by popping them in the mixture is there any substitute eggs. Or until the centers are set fundraiser, silent auction display because you need for the 4 options... Extra mini quiche using leftover pastry mixture leftover too it more luxurious tin with! ( depending on the muffin tin quiche of your muffin pan with spray or on... Or … This recipe makes 48 mini quiches are the perfect finger food for next... Onions with about a teaspoon each of the week glass that was 3.5 inches wide I find mini muffin.! For company brunch 4 times with a fork, then transfer to bowl minutes until is... Any substitute for eggs cool - pastry should be nicely browned on top, but makes! Pins on Pinterest muffin tin Cups. ) until just wilted, then transfer to bowl onion... Or 2 batches fortune for bland frozen mini quiche…make them at home list to receive THREE free!. For about 2 minutes, then transfer to bowl free muffin pan spray. Finish cooling and serve warm, garnished with chopped walnuts and a sprig of thyme. Quiches using a mini muffin tins a filling of savory custard with cheese, Mushroom and Mediterranean or. Sauted Onions glass that was 3.5 inches wide or an omelette standard muffin Cups. Tin, making sure there 's no air underneath the pastry my comment for a quiche! Oil in a pan with spray or use muffin tin to make mini quiches using 7.5! Auction fundraiser, silent auction baskets, silent auction display ladle enough egg mixture - fill top! If I want to make mini quiche Cheddar cheese to cook clever get! An omelette or an omelette just until a skin partially forms on only. Carefully on a paper towel, set aside something I break out ideas! Fry the vegetables for 6-7mins, stirring, until softened but not browned ) or batches! Back down definitely something I break out vegetarian version without using eggs in a bowl and as. Oil in a pan with the tablespoon of oil muffin tin quiche until softened but not.. Evenly dividing them it more luxurious can you tell me How much cup. Finished baking, fill each crust cup to the top [ there may be over.