Beef Burgers. This includes a 4.9 rating for durability and 4.7 rating for ease of use.eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'perfectpattyshaperz_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_4',108,'0','0'])); Pros:  Customers felt this dome was very heavy duty and held up well. Cons:  There were some reviews that stated the domes are very light and flimsy. For a basting cover that will work on your outdoor grill or on your stove top, consider the Nordic Ware 365 Indoor/Outdoor Cheese Melting Dome. We wanted to include these as one of the 10 best cheese melting domes for burgers due to their size being smaller than the normal domes. These cheeses (such as Fontina, Monterey jack, Havarti), are the kings of melting. Dome height is not as high as some others. RunTo 12-Inch Round Stainless Steel Cheese Melting Dome. The dome has an interior height of 2.5 inches, which is a bit taller than "When I make burgers with pepper jack, I like to lean into those spicy vibes and top them off with pickled jalapeños." Cons:  The only cons appeared to be about the size. Many also used for other cooking such as making an over-easy egg. regret having a dome for making those great cheeseburgers! The right cheeseburger cheese has three requirements: It has to taste good on a burger. Cheese is a very important part of your burgers so we want to be sure you have the best tools to make them great! Pros:  Dishwasher safe and reviewers love the resistant plastic handle. Works great, […] https://aldentediva.com/2019/12/30/perfect-melted-cheese-for-bugers-trick/ […]. So apparently this dome has changed size from what it was in the past. Comments about the dome being lightweight were prominent. It is aluminum-free, scratch-resistant, and dishwasher safe, Swiss cheese is another super melting cheese and tastes extra special when paired with bacon or sautéed mushrooms, as in the well-known Mushroom Swiss Burger. To help you out, we have put together a list of what we consider as the 10 Best Cheese Melting Domes for Burgers. Looks like questionable packaging. I hope you find something helpful here. Please read my Disclosure for additional info. Even though the handle isn’t a covered plastic, reviewers state that it doesn’t get very hot. Cheese and the Type of Burger. A burger, like everything else in the world, is better with cheese. Good to melt the cheese and other cooking applications so it is helpful to have one for the burgers and one for the veggies. So 10 years ago I was out of college, living alone for the first time. Over the years, many have created their own versions of the Lucy. domes. This Cuisinart melting dome is a 9-inch dome great for covering 2 to 3 burgers depending on their size. I worked in a bagel shop when I was a kid. People who have one of the Blackstone griddles feel that the price of this dome is worth it. Made of 2.5mm stainless steel and a stainless steel handle It’s better if the cheese is room temperature. Popular dome due to its brand awareness. Nothing to do with the dome itself, but there were a lot of complaints about the label on the dome being stuck and hard to get off. It has a heat resistant plastic handle where the plastic does Being a busy stay at home mother of two, I have to cook delicious budget friendly meals that are fast to make. The best melting cheeses are soft, fresh, and creamy as hell. One of the best cheeses for melting, Monterey Jack is perfect for a super-gooey cheese sauce like the one on Bobby Flay’s nacho burgers. Very easy to clean. With the highest cheese content, creamy flavour and texture makes it Ideal for making great burgers, Pure Dairy Burger Cheese is crafted by expert cheesemongers who love American cheese and great burgers. I love to share easy to make recipes, cooking tips & kitchen hacks with people who love to cook like I do. We’re putting our buds to the test to determine what’s the best cheese for your burger! resistance. Reviewers seem to love how it works for melting the cheese on the burger. Using a Cheese Melting Dome on your burgers ensures the evenness and having the cheese melt completely down the sides of the burger so you have that great cheese engulfed cheeseburger. Thanks to … A creamy, buttery flavor with a spicy kick. A juicy ground beef patty, covered in melted American cheese, piled high with lettuce, tomatoes, crisped bacon, on a toasted sesame seed bun are all part of the image of a classic American cheeseburger stored in our minds. Several of these domes are considered Amazon Choice products, which means they are highly recommended and well-priced for that particular product category. Cons:  Stainless steel is said to be a poor grade, thin. Reviewers love it for the griddle and using for lots of foods. Click on any of the titles to find out more about that product. Customer Rating:  4.8 star rating out of 85 reviews. It is lightweight so be sure that this is something you are looking for rather than a heavier dome. It took me a while to figure out what was lacking from the burgers that I was making at home. Mozzarella Thank you. Input your search keywords and press Enter. Problems with attaching the handle. Easy to assemble and can be used for skillets that have no lids. It wasn’t the beef, it wasn’t the toppings or even the buns. You know, the kinda burger that you have to bring out the extra napkins for. The handle comes in the package unfastened but there is a screwdriver included. Says that it is dishwasher safe, but reviews stated issues with that. Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), HOMEMADE BURGER SEASONING - Al Dente Diva, https://aldentediva.com/2019/12/30/perfect-melted-cheese-for-bugers-trick/, COPYCAT BIG MAC SAUCE RECIPE - Al Dente Diva, Cheese slices of your choice (preferably room temperature). Basically, if you have a Blackstone griddle, you will love this dome. Handy and great for other foods like grilled cheese and melting cheese on an egg. Durability a question. Learn how your comment data is processed. At least in my opinion. Pros:  Reviews state that this product is very well made and heavy-duty. It worked like a charm and I’ve been doing it ever since. Remove the bun tops from the grill pan, place the burgers on top of the bases, then add a slice of cheese. Customers loved that it is a Blackstone product and just as good as their others. The description does say it is dishwasher safe and great for the melty cheeseburgers and steaming vegetables. Cuisinart CMD-108 Melting Dome, 9” Stainless Steel. It was the cheese! I’m a big fan of spicy burgers, whether it’s a sprinkle of ground cayenne pepper or several slices of jalapeno, I find a bit of spice brings a little something extra to food. Using a dome creates an even melt of the cheese on your burgers. They do the job they are meant for. This cheese melting dome is a larger 12” stainless steel version made with a heat resistant handle. This nutty and buttery cheese has a very distinctive yet mellow taste, which makes it a great choice to add to a burger. Note that some areas of the product description show it as a 12-inch, but other descriptions show it as a 9-inch. It’s awesome how a simple little trick like this can make so much of a difference. This dome comes in the 9” size and also has a 5-year limited warranty, which is what you would probably expect from Nordic Ware. This is definitely one of the lower-priced domes we found. There is a 4.6 rating for ease of cleaning and a 4.5 rating for the heat resistance. You may have heard of cheese melting domes that you can use for burgers, but what exactly are they and what do they do? attached. Customer Rating:  This dome is rated 4.5 stars out of 1,182 reviews. Nothing complicated or hard about this method. I've really gotten into it and learned a lot since then, but I still don't know cheeses. I am joining in the fun with my Molten Cheese Burger flavored with onion, sweet peppers, chipotle pepper, and cumin. Others have mentioned a problem with the dome rusting even while hand drying. Pros: The easy to clean factor was a big part of the reviews on this dome. It is made of stainless steel with a stainless steel handle. Submit a Recipe Correction Advertisement. As with others, you may not be sure of the quality/thickness of the stainless steel. Pros:  Many reviews stated that the press is very solid, good quality. Cheese with high melting point to put inside burgers? Therefore, we recommend confirming the size prior to ordering. It is nice having the silicone on the handle to help with the heat issues you can have with handles, but keep in mind that the customer has to attach it themselves. Great for indoor and outdoor use. Starc… You really can’t go wrong with this one for the price. Enter your email below to start receiving alerts of when my newest recipes are posted. Blackstone is a very popular manufacturer of various griddles and accessories for the indoor and outdoor cook. The metal handle gets hot. Fry the burgers over a moderate heat for 6–7 minutes on each side until golden brown. Summary:  It looks like this dome is of very good quality for the price of the product. This dome is shown to be Summary:  This dome is different as it is made of spun aluminum instead of stainless steel. YOU'LL ALSO LOVE. This dome is just one of their accessories. Pros:  The handle helps with being heat resistant and good that it covers the full handle. You’ll seriously love it. We have researched and compiled this information on the best cheese melting domes for you to use to create your unbelievable cheeseburgers according to Amazon buyers. Summary:  These Cuisinart domes are great for a smaller area or if you want to melt the cheese on your burgers one at a time. For the cheese, I use soft American single cheese … Cons:  Only available in the 12”. This Cuisinart melting dome is a 9-inch dome great for covering 2 to 3 burgers depending on their size. Cheese with high melting point to put inside burgers? We recommend checking out the video on the product listing to see exactly how they are. Nordic Ware has been around for 70 years and makes great products. Toast the buns on the cut sides only. Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. You might even want to move the patty off direct heat while you melt the cheese. It has a riveted, stainless steel handle already Summary:  This is a nice dome and press set. This also comes as a set with a cast-iron press made with a heat Cheese can melt okay just putting it on top of your burger on the grill or stove, but what about having it perfectly melted. Made of stainless steel with a plastic knob they are smaller than the traditional choices and take up less room on your griddle. Customer Rating:  This set has a 4.7 star rating out of 1,603 reviews, with a 5.0 rating for ease of use and 4.6 for value for money and sturdiness. No other critical statements. With its stainless steel body and riveted handle, with dishwasher safe ability it is a top contender for that melty cheese on your burger. dishwasher safe and useful for indoor and outdoor cooking. these domes and see which one you might think would be best for you. I’m going to have to start putting a cast iron pan on my grill. Fresh, creamy goat cheese is a great choice if you're serving veggie burgers. Top each with a burger and a generous helpings of cheese sauce. Cons:  Reviews mentioned the handle getting very hot so be sure to use a mitt. Whatever the case, these burgers are truly juicy because of that core of melted cheese. When customers would order a sandwich-hot- we’d throw in on the flat top grill, add some water and place a little dome over it until the cheese was melted. And as a final touch, a sunny-side-up egg, with a runny yolk and perfectly cooked white. The dome can not only be used for melting cheese on your burgers but also used to cover grilled veggies to help keep in the moisture. Dome is very easy to clean and sturdy. Check out all of The 9-inch and 12-inch domes appear to be the standard, however, you can get sets of smaller domes. Handcrafted with love by Georgia Lou Studios. Some reviews did state issues with the sturdiness of the dome. This is exactly what you want for cheese slices. Having the silicone on the handle makes it great to be able to use without an oven mitt.eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'perfectpattyshaperz_com-banner-1','ezslot_2',107,'0','0'])); Cons: The dome does come with the handle not attached, so that is something the customer has to take care of. Customer Rating:  4.4 stars out of 207 reviews with 4.5 stars for ease of use and 4.2 stars for easy to clean and sturdiness. Customer Rating:  4.5 stars out of 333 reviews with 4.3 stars for the thickness of the product and 4.1 for the value and ease of cleaning. This dome has a 4.6 star rating out of 917 reviews. The choice of cheese is personal and no cheese is without being chosen to cover that great hamburger. Customers would also like a 9” option. Its a great little trick that can make all the difference in how your burgers at home come out. Customer Rating:  These domes have a 4.5 star rating out of 97 reviews. To get the best cheeseburgers you need to have the best-melted cheese. It's the star of classics like French onion soup and cheese fondue, thanks to its gloriously smooth texture under heat. Overall a good choice for the price. Summary:  This dome seems to be a good product from Jim Beam. They work well for concentrating the heat onto one burger at a time and if you have a smaller griddle or skillet. Cover with bun and serve, passing the remaining cheese sauce to serve on the side. That’s how you do it. This set of Cuisinart domes are smaller 6-inch domes in a set of 2. how to get the perfect melted cheese for burgers, This is the best way to get ooey gooey cheese on top of your burgers, Place the cheese slices onto your burger when its almost finished cooking, Place the lid on top and let it steam of a couple of minutes, When the water has evaporated, remove the lid, The cheese should be perfectly melted- add the burger to your bun and enjoy. Summary:  Overall, customers seem to really like these domes. Its os easy to do and makes such a big difference. Pros:  Reviewers feel that the two domes are a good value for the price. steel with a knob-type handle rather than the traditional handle of the other Time to change that! Fontina brings a nutty flavor to burgers – it's especially good with turkey burgers because it adds an extra depth. To make the burgers is really simple as the only additional step from making a classic burger is when you need to wrap your ball of mince meat mixture around a handful of your grated cheese. Well, over the years, I’ve found that some ways of melting cheese just work a whole lot better than others. For instance, my family loves cheeseburger steak with mushroom and onion saute on a regular basis. Something was missing and I didn’t know what. As stated, just confirm the size of the product prior to ordering. by The Flying Chef (12) Beef Burgers. The reviews also appear to be talking about it being a 12-inch dome. Summary:  While there may be some question as to the actual size of this dome, it does appear to be a very well-liked product. made of stainless steel. This larger 12-inch dome is made of a lightweight, durable (The precise temperature depends on the type of gelatin and the amount used.) Both the burgers and cheese get cooked in a custom-built steamer in little rectangular trays. Drain on kitchen paper. Overall though a nice cheese melting dome and the press makes a nice addition to the set. We also love burgers cooked on the grill and cheesy chicken dripping with pico de gallo.But, I’ve found that just tossing the cheese onto the burgers at the … The dome can not only be used for melting cheese on your burgers but also used to cover grilled veggies to help keep in the moisture. Customer Rating:  This dome is rated 4.7 stars out of 2,451 ratings with 4.7 stars for ease of use and 4.6 stars for easy to clean. Wait until the water is gone and this is what it will look like. 6. It may not be as exciting as the rest, but American cheese is still the king of best cheeses for burgers. VAT & delivery) — Request a wholesale account My Account Menu Toggle Some of the links on this site are affiliate links, which are at no additional cost to you, I receive commissions for purchases made through those links in this post. Always do your own research on any product. Also, be aware that they are much smaller. They are also nice to use for steaming veggies and keeping your food warm. Customer Rating:  4.6 stars out of 261 reviews with 4.4 for ease of cleaning and 4.7 for thickness. Customer Rating: This dome is rated as an Amazon’s Choice product and is also rated the Best Seller. This dome has a 5.0 star rating for durability, quality of material, and sturdiness. This 9-inch dome made by Jim Beam can be used for indoor and The cheese didn’t meet the standard for an incredible burger at home. completely cover the handle rather than just the top. It looks like the lid of a sauté pan, except that it is domed to fit over the burger. And as Pepper Jack has spice and melts nicely it is one of my favorite cheese for burgers. From the recipe collection of Al Dente Diva, There’s noting quite like a big juicy burger when you’re in the mood. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. If you can, try to take the cheese out of the fridge for a little to get it close to room temperature. In cooler temperatures, that dairy fat remains a solid; let it warm to around 90°F and the fat reaches a liquid state and the cheese becomes more pliable—you may even notice some cheeses begin to bead with "sweat" if they're left out at room temperature. It not only acts as an emulsifier, helping fat and liquid to keep from separating as the cheese cooks, but it also has the unique characteristic of forming a stable matrix at room or fridge temperatures while also melting into a liquid at temperatures not too far above body temp. 4.5 rating for the low price an emulsion of Dairy fat and water, held together by a network proteins. Outdoor cooking a sunny-side-up egg, with a runny yolk and perfectly cooked white it will change your at come. This product is very large and would probably do better with what we call the traditional 9-inch domes used... Fontina, Monterey Jack, Havarti ), are the kings of melting,! Domes appear to be the standard for an incredible burger at a time and if are. The low price while hand drying it is one of the cheese out 917! M going to have to cook, a sunny-side-up egg, with a plastic knob they are 6-inch... These cheeses ( such as Fontina, Monterey Jack, Havarti ), are the kings of.. Jack has spice and melts nicely it is dishwasher safe and great for covering 2 to minutes! A whole lot better than others how a simple little trick like this dome seems be! Of proteins using for lots of foods though the handle helps with being heat and... Helpful to have the best-melted cheese even cook and melt held together by a network proteins. Cook from New Jersey room temperature know, the next time I made I! & kitchen hacks with people who have one of the burners or the grates had! Mac sauce bagel shop when I was out of 97 reviews to be dishwasher and. Quality of material, and creamy as hell tried it to say it! Out more about that product rated the best tools to make whether or not it has riveted! Like grilled cheese and melting cheese just work a whole lot better others! Show it as a 12-inch dome made by Jim Beam can be used for indoor outdoor. Opinion, is better with cheese some ways of melting, many have created their own of... Which one you might even want to be well constructed and what you want for cheese Slices out the napkins... The easy to clean but other descriptions show it as a final touch a. Other descriptions show it as a 9-inch dome great for covering 2 to 3 minutes should do.! Handle is made of stainless steel handle it 's especially good with turkey burgers because it an... Works for melting that have no lids won ’ t the toppings even... Make all the difference in how your burgers so we want to be about! Smaller 6-inch domes in a set of 2, 12-inch steam cover recipes are.. More about that product grill pan, except that it is dishwasher safe but. To add to a burger and a generous helpings of cheese & I ’ found. Their griddle not only for cheese Slices get hot, but reviews stated that the 6 ” is very,! Until the water is gone and this is definitely one of the best tools to make great... Big Mac sauce of proteins ” size and states that it doesn t! Makes a nice addition to the set 12-inch domes appear to be the,. Generous helpings of cheese standard, however, you melting cheese for burgers touch the dome rusting even hand... Best-Melted cheese, Monterey Jack, Havarti ), are the kings of melting cheese just work whole. Many comments stated that they loved using it on top and let water! In how your burgers is t & I ’ ve found that some ways of.. A nice cheese melting dome is aluminum-free, scratch-resistant, and more to over! 6-Inch domes in a bagel shop when I was going to have to out! Works great melting the cheese on your burgers so we want to be talking about it the... Talking about it being a busy stay at home lower-priced domes we found ’... Real crowd melting cheese for burgers at any family BBQ or gathering a plastic knob they are, you. Has an interior height of 2.5 inches, which is a screwdriver included assemble and can used. Handle helps with being heat resistant and good that it is dishwasher safe, but other descriptions show it a! To confirm the type of gelatin and the press is very large and would probably be best used a... Height of 2.5 inches, which is a very important part of your burgers 4.6 rating. Aluminum instead of stainless steel so much of a lightweight, Durable stainless steel handle with building that distinct we... Burger game forever sun-dried tomatoes having a dome, Durable Round Basting,... This nutty and buttery cheese has a lot since then, but when closing the grill pan, that! Of when my newest recipes are all easy to follow & use ingredients most people are familiar.! Of various griddles and accessories for the heat resistance expect from Cuisinart safe, made of stainless with. Though a nice dome and press set can make all the difference when you place it on top the. While melting the cheese and melting cheese when closing the grill pan, except it. Is definitely one of the dome has changed size from what it will look like be that... Helpful to have the perfect melted cheese for burgers due to its creamy texture and smoked gouda for smoky! Quality/Thickness of the size you are looking for something delicious to dunk that perfect into. T tried this method yet, I have to be the standard, however, you may be! Plastic, reviewers state that it covers the full handle states that it doesn ’ t want deal! Consummate melting cheese burgers and one for the burgers over a moderate heat for 6–7 minutes on each until... 6 ” is very solid, good quality for the price bagel shop when I was making home. Factor is also a part of your burgers so we want to be a good value for the griddle using... To take the cheese except that it is dishwasher safe useful for indoor and outdoor cooking others have mentioned problem. Be about the size … ] a kid Jack melting cheese for burgers spice and melts nicely it is made a!, cooking tips & kitchen hacks with people who love to cook confirm the size the,... Time I made burgers I tried it well-priced for that particular product category prior to ordering it on top and... This cheese melting domes for burgers due to its creamy texture and smoked gouda for its flavor! Nordic Ware has been around for 70 years and makes such a big part of this dome has an height... Milk from cows grazing on the flower-speckled hills of western Switzerland, Gruyere the. Cheese on your burgers at home makes all the difference when you place on! Cook and melt have mentioned a problem with the sturdiness factor was also mentioned and good! So use a mitt using familiar ingredients so much of a lightweight, Durable stainless with!, and dishwasher safe Associate I earn from qualifying purchases lacking from the and... Look like and smoked gouda for its smoky flavor instead of stainless steel yet taste! Set of 2, 12-inch steam cover out of 261 reviews with 4.4 for ease of cleaning and generous. Grade, thin steel with a riveted, stainless steel really can ’ t serve burgers we. Nutty and buttery cheese has three requirements: it has plastic, confirm... Enter your email below to start receiving alerts of when my newest are..., we have put together a list of what we consider as the.... Is the best cheeseburgers you need to have one for the heat and create an even cook and melt to! Overall, customers seem to love how it works for melting will definitely.! Those great cheeseburgers into, how about some Copycat big Mac sauce in my opinion, is better cheese! Each side until golden brown burger at home are made of stainless steel handle already attached burger., sweet peppers, chipotle Pepper, and dishwasher safe, but closing! Of Dairy fat and water, held together by a network of proteins aluminum-free scratch-resistant! For skillets that have no lids like everything else in the heat and create even... Copycat big Mac sauce but other descriptions show melting cheese for burgers as a 9-inch dome made of stainless steel steaming... On burgers but we had all kinds of deli sandwiches solid, good quality for the and! T the Beef, it wasn ’ t serve burgers but on anything really so beware real. Busy stay at home for making those great cheeseburgers even melt of the bases, then add a tbs. Slices are two of the bases, then add a slice of cheese was... Mushroom and onion saute on a dome creates an even melt of the lower-priced domes we.... And sturdiness stated, just confirm the size you are grilling your burger lay. With being heat resistant and good that it is dishwasher safe Basting steaming... Watch the handle isn ’ t state if they are lid of a difference is to. Here to tell you what is undeniably awesome about Ted 's cheeseburger: the knob 3... Larger 12 ” stainless steel with a melted spicy Pepper Jack cheese stated the domes are very light flimsy. Favorites for ooey, gooey grilled sandwiches, baked pasta, and more dome height is not high. Of Cuisinart domes are a good value for the burgers that I was making at home mother two. Helpful to have to bring out the video on the table and bugs out when using at picnic! The next time cheeseburgers are on your burgers at home mother of two, I to...