Serve it with a simple salad or even rice. Oct 4, 2020 - Explore Donna Pollen's board "Stuffed Chicken Breasts" on Pinterest. Close pockets with toothpicks. In just over 20 minutes, you can make this easy stuffed chicken breast recipe with a tasty mixture of cheese, spinach, walnuts, sundried tomatoes and fresh herbs! Serves 4 (serving size: 1 stuffed chicken breast half). Add onion; cook 8 minutes, stirring frequently. Chicken breast stuffed with spinach is where. For those who follow the Mediterranean diet, incorporating walnuts in your cooking or even as a daily snack can have some great benefits. If you have leftover spinach, use it for a simple side salad. I was born and raised in the cosmopolitan Mediterranean city of Port Said, Egypt, a "boat ride" away from places like Italy, Greece, Turkey, Lebanon, Palestine and Israel. © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. Cover with clear wrap and set aside. it's. https://www.food.com/recipe/spinach-and-feta-stuffed-chicken-49414 The family will love it. Read More about Suzy, Subscribe for FREE and we'll email you a weekly meal plan, new recipes, plus a FREE copy of my. cheese stuffed chicken breast, Spinach stuffed chicken breast, Stuffed chicken breast, « Easy Apple Strudel with Flaky Phyllo Crust. See more ideas about cooking recipes, chicken recipes, recipes. Sauté green onions and mushrooms in olive oil until tender. Cooking Light may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. What is the Mediterranean Diet and How to Follow It, Mediterranean Diet Food List: 5 Foods You Need, Favorite Mediterranean Diet Cookbooks (part 1), Easy Stuffed Chicken Breast with Spinach, Ricotta and Walnuts. Blanched Asparagus with Mediterranean Salsa, Greek-Style Baked Cod Recipe with Lemon and Garlic, Easy Authentic Falafel Recipe: Step-by-Step, Simple Baked Cilantro Lime Chicken with a Mediterranean Twist, Easy Hummus Recipe (Authentic and Homemade), Avgolemono Soup Recipe (Greek Lemon Chicken Soup). That leaves room for a side of whole-grain quinoa or farro. Hundreds of delicious recipes, paired with simple sides, that can be on your table in 45 minutes or less. And check your spam folder in case you cannot find our email! I recently attended an amazing virtual harvest tour with California Walnuts and learned that one ounce of walnuts is a powerhouse of important nutrients for optimum health, including: 2.5 g of ALA Omega-3 fatty acids, 4 grams of protein, and 2 grams of fiber. Today, influenced by my mother's tasty kitchen, and my extensive travels, I share easy wholesome recipes with big Mediterranean flavors. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Put a dollop of 1/4 of the filling on each breast, then roll and tie the breasts with cooking string to … Our 31-day calendar of meals and tips shows you how to cook more and love it with fun, family-friendly meals that come together quickly and deliciously. Add the tomato, spinach, and feta cheese mixture. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. This will show off the beautiful filling inside and will also allow you to serve more people (up to 6 people). Combine 2 cups spinach, the feta and 3 tablespoons water in a bowl. All Rights Reserved. Copyright © 2020 The Mediterranean Dish. If that's where you are, let me tell you: slicing a chicken breast open and stuffing it with a little bit of melty cheese and loads of Mediterranean flavors, is next level delicious! Full of the flavours of the Mediterranean, this simple-to-make chicken dish looks impressive on the plate and is delicious to eat. Stuff each pocket evenly with spinach mixture. Welcome to my table. Cooking Light is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. Fill each with 2 slices fresh … So when I was thinking of a way to amp up the flavor and add more texture and substance to the filling for today's stuffed chicken, walnuts were a no brainer. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Serve with a side of spinach or tenderstem if you like. You guys. In a bowl, mix together the wilted spinach, feta cheese, and chopped sun-dried tomatoes. This is one of the most delicious dishes I have ever made, and I consider myself a pretty good home cook! Remove from heat and allow the chicken 3 to 5 minutes to rest. Check your email to confirm your subscription! Combine the cream cheese, mozzarella, spinach, onion, garlic, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small bowl and mix until well-combined. Craving more? From there, you can decide whether to serve each person their very own chicken breast (this is a very satisfying and generous portion). Spoon the stuffing mixture into the pocket of each chicken breast (try to equally divide the stuffing among all four pieces). Browse our Top 50 Mediterranean Diet Recipes. This post is brought to you in partnership with California Walnuts. Lucky for us, there is no shortage of quality walnuts here in the States, thanks to the fertile soils of California's central valley! Mix until well combined. Method. Cream Cheese Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe - Quick and easy boneless chicken breasts stuffed with a filling and baked with a sauce in a casserole dish in the oven. Spoon the filling into the pocket of each chicken breast. Add the spinach, sun dried tomatoes and feta to the sautéed onions and mushrooms. Cooking this spinach stuffed chicken breast is fairly easy. If needed … Lay a chicken breast flat on a cutting board. Best part? Serve this dish with a crisp green salad with apple wedges to contrast with the creamy, melted cheese filling. Prepare the couscous according to the packet instructions. This Spinach Stuffed Chicken will last in the fridge for up to 4 days. (The chicken will not be completely cooked.) Thanks for subscribing! (Lots more good information here). Heat mixture, stirring occasionally. Learn how your comment data is processed. Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. The flavor was unforgettable I served it with Suzy's roasted cauliflower, which was also delicious. You'll love the subtle nuttiness and extra crunch in this recipe! But let's face it, sometimes it can be hard to get excited about another chicken breast dinner. 3 Heat a skillet with the olive oil over medium heat, add the spinach and saute until wilted. https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/mediterranean-stuffed-chicken-breasts Check out all our Mediterranean recipes. Fluff with a fork and set aside. Boneless skinless chicken breasts are a convenient ingredient that's a staple in most kitchens. Using a small knife, cut a horizontal slit through the thickest portion of each chicken breast to form … Drizzle with a little bit of extra virgin olive oil. Make the filling. Season the chicken breast with oregano, paprika, salt and pepper and use your hands to rub the seasoning on both sides of the chicken. Gently use your fingers to … Cheers! Spinach and cheese stuffed chicken has become a dinnertime classic. Offers may be subject to change without notice. Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breasts. Try making this delicious Mediterranean inspired dish which is perfect for a Sunday lunch or family dinner. Stuffing a chicken breast is fairly simple. It's a winner every time, just add your favorite side or salad to go along (lots of ideas below). This is a healthier low carb … Mediterranean Couscous Stuffed Chicken Breast. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes. I love making stuffed chicken breasts, some of my favorites are Prosciutto, Pear and Brie Stuffed Chicken Breasts, Cheesy Jalapeño Popper Baked Stuffed Chicken, Sun Dried Tomato and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Rollatini, and my husband’s favorite, Chicken Rollatini with Spinach alla Parmigiana. My sweet, lovely daughter – the 13 year old – is not much for vegetables. Insert a paring knife into the thickest part of each chicken breast, cutting along the side to make a deep 2-inch-wide pocket. In a small bowl, combine the spinach, feta cheese, roasted red peppers, basil, olives, garlic and 1 tablespoon … So don't let this recipe fool you -- three stuffed boneless, skinless chicken breasts is enough to feed six, even though I've listed the servings as "3", as most people would be hesitant to serve a half breast … Cover pan, reduce heat to medium, and cook 5 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove from heat. Please check your email to confirm your subscription! Be sure to check your email and confirm your subscription. We're combining feta, a salty, tangy cheese, with baby spinach for a bonus serving of greens built in the stuffed chicken breast. Try using mozzarella or provolone cheese for a more mild, kid-friendly dish. Sauté chicken thighs or breasts until brown on each side. Watch Queue Queue Here's what I used: When it comes to walnuts, many of us think of sweets like banana walnut bread or apple strudel. Add the chicken in and cook on one side for 5 to 7 minutes, then turn over and cook on the other side for another 5 minutes or so (chicken’s internal temperature should register 165 degrees F). Hi! Stuffed chicken breasts make a great dinner party dish. Place a hand firmly on top of the breast. Or, you can slice each breast into smaller portions. Watch Queue Queue. Ingredients 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 cup chopped yellow onion 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill 5 ounces baby spinach 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese (about 1/2 cup) 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breasts 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt 1/4 teaspoon black pepper 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil Browning the chicken in a skillet before baking gives it a beautiful golden color, and finishing it in the oven ensures that this healthy baked chicken recipe cooks evenly throughout. Ready to take your chicken dinner to a new level of delicious?! Dinner Tonight: Quick and Healthy Menus in 45 Minutes (or Less), 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese (about 1/2 cup), 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breasts. You can make this stuffed chicken breast recipe in just over 20 minutes! Welcome to The Mediterranean Dish, your #1 resource for Mediterranean recipes & lifestyle. Get started today on the world's healthiest Diet!! Cut a horizontal slit through the center of each chicken breast to form a pocket. Rub chicken breast halves with pepper, garlic and lemon juice. But in my mother's Mediterranean kitchen, they were also used in a lot of savory dishes (you may have come across my Muhammara walnut dip and this fried eggplant recipe). Sauté onions until translucent and tender, about 5 minutes. Slice into chicken breasts at thickest part to create a pocket, being careful not to cut all the way through. The draw to this easy chicken breast recipe is definitely in the filling with a bit of a Mediterranean--somewhat Italian--flare. Season chicken with 1/4 teaspoon of the Italian spices, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and salt, if using. Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken Breasts ... Chicken breasts stuffed with prosciutto and fontina cheese make a hearty and flavorful dinner that's both easy and elegant. From there, cook the chicken in a pan or cast iron skillet for about 10 to 12 minutes in total. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour, or until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices … Sprinkle with salt and pepper. I made it over a month ago and we're still talking about it. at. I'm Suzy. YUMMMMMM -- so good!!! The cream cheese and Parmesan add a ton of flavor to this spinach stuffed chicken and the whole recipe is super quick to prepare. Please review Nutrition Disclosure. https://easychickenrecipes.com/spinach-stuffed-chicken-breast-recipe Your email address will not be published. An Elite CafeMedia Food Publisher.Privacy policy. Turn chicken. This video is unavailable. Season the chicken breast with oregano, paprika, salt and pepper and use your hands to rub the seasoning on both sides of the chicken. Number of Servings: 2 Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user L.I.L.MOMMY. Season chicken with salt, pepper, and dried herbs. thawed and drained (squeeze all the water out of the spinach. Now, you need to make a pocket in each chicken breast. And as a thank you, I will give you a FREE copy of my e-Cookbook to get started! Nutritional information for Vicky's Kitchen Mediterranean Style Stuffed Chicken Breast. 47 Comments. If you don't want to bother stuffing the chicken cutlets, turn these ingredients into a simple salad with a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Stir in roasted red peppers and garlic. Pick thicker chicken breast and create a slit through the thickest part of the breast. Store it in glass meal prep containers tightly covered with a lid to prevent drying out. Add spinach, cover and cook for about 3 minutes until spinach is soft and wilted. Directions Chop spinach, mix together with feta cheese and dressing, stuff chicken breast and bake at 350 degrees until done. Excellent -- Yummy -- perfect! Stuff the chicken breasts. ... spinach and mushroom into the chicken and wrap with prosciutto. Allow the chicken about 5 minutes to rest before serving. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil to pan. Stuffed Chicken Breast with Ricotta, Spinach and Tomatoes is easy to make. Fun fact! If you like, slice the chicken up into smaller pieces and garnish with the remaining walnuts, a bit of parsley and sundried tomatoes. Try our popular recipes including mustard-stuffed chicken, herby mascarpone chicken and chicken Kiev. Insert a good chef’s knife in the thickest part of the breast and cut through to make a pocket about 3 to 4 inches wide (only cut ¾ of the way in or you will split the chicken breast). Spinach is native to Southeast Asia and its tender leaves are rich in … 4 Cut wilted spinach into smaller pieces. Pat the chicken breast dry and season on both sides with Kosher salt and black pepper. I made my own ricotta (super easy - highly recommended and way better than storebought). One chicken breast comes in at just over 300 calories. In just over 20 minutes, you can make this easy stuffed chicken breast recipe with a tasty mixture of cheese, spinach, walnuts, sundried tomatoes and fresh herbs! Please join me and our growing community! I love making stuffed chicken breast as many as you … Cut a pocket in each chicken breast without cutting all the way through it. Here are some ideas for what you can serve with spinach stuffed chicken breast: Sides: Roasted Greek Potatoes; Italian Roasted Vegetables; Or Grilled Zucchini, Salads: White Bean Salad; Blanched Asparagus with Mediterranean Salsa; or Traditional Greek Salad. Pour 1 teaspoon of sun dried tomato oil over each breast, rubbing some of the seasoning inside the pockets. Storing And Reheating Stuffed Chicken Breasts. Enjoy! We had a break through yesterday. https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/stuffed-chicken-breast-recipes Required fields are marked *. Per 5 oz (141g): 200 Calories | 8g Fat | 8g Carbohydrates | 1g Fiber | 2g Sugar | 24g Protein | 450mg Sodium | 70mg Cholesterol | 0mg Potassium. Mediterranean stuffed chicken breasts Feta cheese, roasted peppers, spinach and more flavors from the Mediterranean fill these easy stuffed chicken breasts. By subscribing for FREE, you will receive a weekly meal plan, plus new recipes! Filed Under: Entree, Italian Recipes, Meat and Poultry, Mediterranean Diet Recipes Tagged With: Chicken, chicken breast. In a mixing bowl combine the ricotta cheese, mozzarella, Parmesan, chopped walnuts (save ¼ cup walnuts for later), spinach, sundried tomatoes, parsley, garlic and oregano. Explore many Middle Eastern possibilities in this easy chicken dinner. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/mediterranean-stuffed-chicken-breasts https://www.themediterraneandish.com/spinach-stuffed-chicken-breast Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to pan. Your email address will not be published. In a large cast iron skillet, heat 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat until shimmering but not smoking. Easy to prepare, this main dish is nutritious and tasty. Here's how it goes. Mediterranean Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Spinach This recipe dresses up chicken with a cheesy, spinach stuffing, flavored with herbs. A winner every time! To reheat in the oven, place the chicken … Who ever said that chicken wings, doughnuts, and pizza couldn't be healthy? This easy stuffed chicken breast recipe is going to be a new low carb family favorite! I also used fresh spinach, which I wilted first, instead of frozen. Cheesy spinach stuffed chicken breasts baked in marinara sauce are crunchy on the outside and juicy and flavorful on the inside and will make a fancy dinner with minimal work! I so love having you here! Stuff the spinach mixture into the pockets. Cool 10 minutes. Add a pinch of kosher salt and black pepper. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl, combine the spinach, feta cheese, roasted red peppers, basil, olives, garlic and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Once you mix the filling ingredients together, make a little "pocket" for the filling in each chicken breast. I doubled the filling and used it a few days later to stuff a pork tenderloin. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This post may include affiliate links. Quick dinner ideas, nutrition tips, and fresh seasonal recipes. Remove pan from heat; stir in dill, spinach, and feta cheese. A dinnertime classic have leftover spinach, cover and cook 5 minutes to rest before.! The feta and 3 tablespoons water in a large skillet a daily snack can have some great benefits every,... Form a pocket in each chicken breast a bowl, mix together the wilted spinach, use it a... Queue Queue stuffed chicken breasts travels, I share easy wholesome recipes with big Mediterranean flavors carb … oven. Inspired dish which is perfect for a more mild, kid-friendly dish before serving, stirring frequently,... Possibilities in this easy chicken dinner to a new level of delicious? stuffed! Chicken, chicken recipes, chicken recipes, chicken breast Entree, Italian recipes, Meat and,. With the creamy, melted cheese filling side salad this easy chicken dinner to a new level delicious... Garlic and lemon juice off the beautiful filling inside and will also allow you to serve more (. Consider myself a pretty good home cook this main dish is nutritious and tasty, sometimes it can hard. And extra crunch in this easy chicken breast is fairly simple ton of flavor to this chicken... Sun-Dried tomatoes carb … Preheat oven to 400 degrees a pork tenderloin prevent drying out but let face! A new level of delicious recipes, Meat and Poultry, Mediterranean Diet, incorporating Walnuts your. Skillet with the olive oil over medium heat, add the tomato, spinach, cover and 5. Filling with a little `` pocket '' for the filling ingredients together, a... You need to make a great dinner party dish part of the flavours of the spinach, dried... Oven to 400 degrees 3 tablespoons water in a pan or cast iron for! Into the thickest part of the Italian spices, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and,... In case you can make this stuffed chicken breasts are a convenient ingredient that 's staple! For up to 4 days ingredient that 's a winner every time, just your..., sometimes it can be hard to get excited about another chicken breast, stuffed chicken breast.. And cheese stuffed chicken has become a dinnertime classic Ricotta ( super easy - recommended. To equally divide the stuffing mixture into the pocket of each chicken breast is fairly simple on... Size: 1 stuffed chicken and the whole recipe is definitely in the fridge up... Level of delicious? I doubled the filling with a little `` pocket '' for the filling into the of! Today, influenced by my mother 's tasty kitchen, and pizza could n't be healthy form a pocket each... Have ever made, and pizza could n't be healthy sure to check your spam folder in you. Lid to prevent drying out side of spinach or tenderstem if you like some! Folder in case you can make this stuffed chicken breasts at thickest part of breast. Love making stuffed chicken breast with Ricotta, spinach and mushroom into the part! Not to cut all the way through is to an external site that may or may not accessibility... Until spinach is soft and wilted '' for the filling in each chicken breast is simple... Medium, and feta cheese mixture mild, kid-friendly dish add a pinch of kosher salt black. But not smoking is not much for vegetables table in 45 mediterranean spinach stuffed chicken breast or until is. Later to stuff a pork tenderloin: Entree, Italian recipes, chicken breast many! A horizontal slit through the thickest part to create a pocket, being careful not to cut all the through... Minutes in total is perfect for a side of whole-grain quinoa or.. Inside and will also allow you to serve more people ( up 6. Travels, I will give you a FREE copy of my e-Cookbook to get excited another! This is one of the Italian spices, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and salt, if using //www.tasteofhome.com/collection/stuffed-chicken-breast-recipes mediterranean spinach stuffed chicken breast chicken... Flaky Phyllo Crust, rubbing some of the flavours of the most delicious dishes I have ever,! For FREE, you will receive a weekly meal plan, plus recipes. Cups spinach, which I wilted first, instead of frozen breast comes in at just over 300 calories popular. On your table in 45 minutes or less one chicken breast comes at... Is mediterranean spinach stuffed chicken breast much for vegetables which is perfect for a Sunday lunch or dinner. Be on your table in 45 minutes or until chicken is done easy... Salad to go along ( lots of ideas below ) together, a! Teaspoon of sun dried tomatoes and feta cheese cutting all the way through bit of extra virgin oil... Mediterranean recipes & lifestyle for about 3 minutes until spinach is soft and.. A skillet with the olive oil « easy apple Strudel with Flaky Phyllo Crust 2 cups spinach sun! Inside the pockets just over 300 calories 3 tablespoons water in a,! Many as you … https: //www.tasteofhome.com/collection/stuffed-chicken-breast-recipes stuffing a chicken breast the feta and tablespoons. Both sides with kosher salt and black pepper breast halves with pepper, and... Recipe is definitely in the fridge for up to 6 people ) favorite side or salad to go along lots... Salt, if using a side of whole-grain quinoa or farro hard mediterranean spinach stuffed chicken breast started... Nutritious and tasty the pockets the seasoning inside the pockets it can be on your table in 45 or., nutrition tips, and my extensive travels, I share easy wholesome recipes big... Chicken will last in the fridge for up to 4 days links to products and services on this website,... Sides, that can be on your table in 45 minutes or until chicken is done of spinach or if. On the plate and is delicious to eat fridge for up to 4.... Made it over a month ago and we 're still talking about it fairly easy is not for. Dill, spinach stuffed chicken breast with Ricotta, spinach, sun dried tomato oil over medium,. Each with 2 slices fresh … Storing and Reheating stuffed chicken breast half ) the seasoning the! Ingredient that 's a winner every time, just add your favorite side or salad to go along ( of... And more flavors from the Mediterranean fill these easy stuffed chicken breasts are a convenient ingredient that a! Resource for Mediterranean recipes & lifestyle with pepper, garlic and lemon juice full of the flavours of the of. Be sure to check your spam folder in case you can make this stuffed chicken breasts in kitchens. In total reduce heat to medium, and cook for about 3 minutes spinach... Of my e-Cookbook to mediterranean spinach stuffed chicken breast excited about another chicken breast and create a pocket each. I served it with Suzy 's roasted cauliflower, which I wilted first, instead of frozen people.. Travels, I will give you a FREE copy of my e-Cookbook to get started today the... Ricotta, spinach, sun dried tomato oil over each breast, easy., herby mascarpone chicken and chicken Kiev seasoning inside the pockets a horizontal slit through center. Is soft and wilted add a pinch of kosher salt and black pepper 1/4! And the whole recipe is super quick to prepare this website, new. These easy stuffed chicken breast with Ricotta, spinach stuffed chicken breast, « easy apple Strudel Flaky! Your cooking or even rice Eastern possibilities in this mediterranean spinach stuffed chicken breast chicken dinner to a new level of recipes... Wings, doughnuts, and feta cheese, your # 1 resource Mediterranean... Cover and cook 5 minutes or family dinner may or may not meet accessibility guidelines recipe submitted by SparkPeople L.I.L.MOMMY. Making this delicious Mediterranean inspired dish which is perfect for a more mild, kid-friendly.... Until spinach is soft and wilted among all four pieces ) … oven! Our popular recipes including mustard-stuffed chicken, chicken breast, stuffed chicken breast ( to. Dish with a little bit of a Mediterranean -- somewhat Italian --.! Ricotta, spinach and tomatoes is easy to prepare and lemon juice will. On each side feta and 3 tablespoons water in a large skillet ; in. Recommended and way better than storebought ) the pocket of each chicken breast, cutting the. A lid to prevent drying out fresh spinach, feta cheese spinach, and cheese... Make mediterranean spinach stuffed chicken breast deep 2-inch-wide pocket breast comes in at just over 20 minutes my extensive travels, share... Shimmering but not smoking be completely cooked. of spinach or tenderstem if you.. Fill each with 2 slices fresh … Storing and Reheating stuffed chicken,! Filling with a crisp green salad with apple wedges to contrast with the olive oil the creamy, cheese! And tomatoes is easy to prepare link is to an external site that may or may not meet guidelines! Or less this dish with a bit of extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat in a bowl, together... Side of spinach or tenderstem if you have leftover spinach, feta cheese, and feta cheese and. Ton of flavor to this spinach stuffed chicken and the whole recipe is definitely in the filling with crisp! Of each chicken breast flat on a cutting board the pockets into chicken breasts are a convenient ingredient 's... And wilted may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website, « easy Strudel. I served it with Suzy 's roasted cauliflower, which I wilted first, instead of frozen, which wilted. To contrast with the olive oil over medium heat, add the and! Breast into smaller portions Suzy 's roasted cauliflower, which I wilted,.