The my niece's told me that I could bring them every year. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Slice the roll-ups into 2-inch sections. Love buffalo wings? They are a hit whenever I make them. They are a great cool summertime appetizer that can travel well to picnics. Run the shells under hot tap water and place a small stack of them on a plate. Roll tortillas up jellyroll style. Remove from refrigerator and slice at 3/4 inch intervals. If time doesn't allow, skip the wrapping and refrigeration. I add Buddig beef that comes in a bag and sometimes add bacon. The green and red gave them a pretty holiday look. If time doesn’t allow, skip the wrapping and refrigeration. These Cheddar Bacon Ranch Tortilla Pinwheels are a crowd pleasure. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. If you do, you’ll love these! I didn't eve get a chance to try one my self they were gone so fast. Pop the tortillas in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes and then slice. I have made these for years, but I don't use chilies or seasoning. Always an empty plate to take home. The recipe below is for one tortilla, which will make 5 to 6 pinwheels. Great recipe to experiment with! Very tasty and easy. Roll tortillas, and cut into half inch pinwheels with a sharp, serrated knife Tips for reducing breakage using corn or gluten-free tortillas: Be sure to load up the starting end of your roll with filling so that the tortilla doesn’t have to roll down so small. If there ever was an appetizer that everyone loved, pinwheels would have to be it. Chill for minimum of 2 hours. Sprinkle the green onions, black olives and chopped ham slices evenly between all ten of the tortillas. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Spread whipped cream cheese spread evenly on tortillas. Was enjoyed by all! Wrapping the in plastic wrap helps the pinwheels hold together, so wrap them as securely as you can. When it comes to quick and easy appetizers, tortilla roll-ups are both a crowd pleaser and a host's dream. For the Cold Tortilla Pinwheel: when ready to serve cut each roll into 6-7 pinwheels and serve with your favorite dipping sauce. I am not a big sweet eater so this was a perfect choice for me. Everybody absolutely love them at the last party we had. Combine softened cream cheese, taco seasoning, salsa, corn, black beans, cooked chicken, and cheddar cheese. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. I really enjoyed making these pinwheels and made some with turkey as well as the ham. I used quite a bit more cream cheese (not the whipped kind) which I split in half, added a small amount of Italian dressing to half and ranch dressing to the other half, added green, red, yellow and orange peppers (food processing all the veggies so they were very finely chopped). Sprinkle evenly on top of the cream cheese mixture. You saved Tortilla Pinwheels to your. A made some variations on this recipe and came out with a great appetizer to contribute to my friend's cocktail party. Use a toothpick through the center to hold the pinwheels together. Beat cream cheese, cheese and sour cream until blended. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. 36. Sprinkle the green onions, black olives … Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Tuck the sides inside. Roast Beef Tortilla Roll Up. Tortilla pinwheels is an easy and delightfully different appetizer. good I would add more cream cheese next time. Roll the tortillas very tightly. Spread the mixture onto tortillas and them roll up. Feel free to use smaller ones, if you like. Roll them up … I don’t recommend keeping these pinwheels in the fridge for longer than 3 hours. I serve with sides of salsa and guacamole. They are so good. 35. Roll the tortilla around the meat and cheese as tightly as possible, but without tearing the tortillas. Beginning at the pickle side, roll tortilla up tightly. Not only are they great for parties, BBQs, picnics and more, they are perfect for school lunches, snacks, etc. I have made these for years. Serve with salsa, ranch dressing, sour cream, guacamole, or use your favorite dip ideas. Roll up tortillas as tight as you can. This recipe was delicious and really fast to put together. Cut into 1/2- to 3/4-in. they are very fun to eat. Roll the filled flour tortillas into a cylinder. If you can't use the brand name Wheat Thins, can you at least change it to "wheat crackers", instead of just cutting it off?) Cut off ends of the rolls, and slice the chilled rolls into 1 inch slices. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. —Pat Waymire, Yellow Springs, Ohio. Taste so yummy easy to make and everyone loves them. First I used green and red tortillas for some color. Tortilla Pinwheel Recipes | Irresistible Cream Cheese Roll-Ups Then I made the filling a half cream cheese and half sour cream mixture. These are fabulous! Spread the cream cheese mixture on the flour tortillas. Roast Beef Tortilla Roll Ups. Experiment & have fun with it. Now place these into the refrigerator for about minimum of 30 mins to overnight. I've been making this for a few years now except instead I use ham tortillas cream cheese & salsa. Super yummy! Wrap each in plastic, twisting ends to seal; refrigerate several hours. Roll the tortillas as tightly as you can. Arrange on tray and serve. Roast beef tortilla roll ups are a great make-ahead appetizer or lunch. Info. From: inspiredbycharm.com. Slice into 1 inch pinwheels to serve. From: foodlovinfamily.com. Chill 2 hours or overnight. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Fast to make and filled with delicious flavors like roast beef, horseradish, cream cheese, cheese, and green onion. These Vegan Pinwheels are the ultimate party food appetizers! Not only are they packed with flavor, but they are so easy to make! Those little pinwheels are great at parties!! Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Once those ingredients are fully combined, you should have a creamy base. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. I have made them for 2 different parties and both times they were a great success. Drain the pimientos, chilies and olives, and blot on a paper towel to dry; mix the 3 ingredients in a small bowl. You can really put anything you like inside. Roll: Spread about 1/4-1/2 cup of mixture on a tortilla leaving about an inch around the edges. I love these and make them often. In most cases, you can make tortilla roll-ups -- sometimes called tortilla pinwheels or wraps -- ahead of time, although some ingredients don't store well. Then I alternated filling - black olives for some canned green chiles for others and some both together. Used Alouette brand herbed cream cheese and think this added something. Avoid the last minute rush by preparing at … I made these for a Super Bowl party last year and they have been requested (more like demanded) this year. These are really great to do if you would like to get ready the night before a party. My 4 year old loved it so I will definitely be making this again.I made this for a New Year's Eve party to use up the Christmas ham. The cream cheese is flavored with green chiles, black olives, scallions, cheddar cheese, and spices, then spread on tortillas. A friend gave me this recipe, and whenever I serve these tortilla pinwheel sandwiches, people ask me for the recipe, too! Cheddar Bacon Ranch Tortilla Pinwheels. Slice into one inch pieces. Turkey Cranberry Pinwheels. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. The only thing I do differently, is to cook up some bacon and then chop it up and add it to the mixture. Sep 3, 2020 - Explore Patricia Wolff's board "Tortilla pinwheel appetizers" on Pinterest. Also try turkey breast with herbed cheese and cranberry sauce (mixed together). I’ve made these for years. Sprinkled a little paprika in there too. Slice: When ready to serve slice into at least 1 inch pinwheels. Mix softened cream cheese with all the ingredients in a bowl. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Taste so yummy easy to make and everyone loves them. Roll the tortilla around the meat and cheese as tightly as possible, but without tearing the tortillas. Don’t spread the enchilada sauce all the way to the edges, leave a bit of space to let it spread when the tortilla is rolled up. I made this recipe for Christmas to take to my sister in-laws and they went like hotcakes. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. So many variations and so easy! I've also made them with crm chs, ham and diced pickles (dill or sweet). Tortillas – you can use other tasty ones like spinach tortillas, sun-dried tomato tortillas, … The tortillas I used were 10-inch wide (25 centimeters). These easy tortilla roll-ups will become your new … If you don't have a steamer basket or want to wait for water to boil, you can steam the tortillas in a microwave. 65 Easy Keto Potluck Ideas You Can Throw Together, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened, 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles, well drained. I received many compliments pn my appietzer selections for the holiday's. If time allows, wrap the rolled tortilla in plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours before cutting. Roll the tortilla over the filling. 320 calories; protein 9.1g; carbohydrates 42.1g; fat 7.7g; cholesterol 27.1mg; sodium 604.1mg. Amount is based on available nutrient data. https://thetortillachannel.com/turkey-ranch-tortilla-pinwheels Classic tortilla roll-ups call for a zesty cream cheese filling, but newer renditions may include deli meats, chopped vegetables and lettuce. These tortilla pinwheels are very popular, especially for holiday entertaining. See more ideas about Cooking recipes, Recipes, Tortilla pinwheels. The filling for these roll-ups is a basic chile and cheese mixture, but feel free to experiment with other ideas, like crab meat, finely chopped ham, roasted red pepper, etc. Cut rolled tortillas into approximate 1 1/2" pinwheel slices. I serve it with Sundried Tomato wheat crackers. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours. It's nice to bring something different to the holiday's instead of all of the sweet desserts. Congrats! Continue rolling the rest of the tortilla … Repeat this procedure for the other roll too. I also mixed all the veggies directly into the cream cheese before spreading it on the tortilla. If time allows, wrap the rolled tortilla in plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours before cutting. Wrap the tortilla up in a tight roll, working from bottom to top. I've been making these for years. Maybe I'll try shredded cheese this year! I like to add baby spinach to them. I used green olives with pimentos. I've been making these for years. slices, using a serrated knife. I also made a version with smoked salmon and added Mexican taco spices. Another version - crm chs, chipotle raspberry sauce and diced chicken. Tightly wrap each roll individually in plastic wrap. Hard to go wrong with these no matter what you add!?? Cover the shells with a wet paper towel and microwave for 30 to 45 … Used Alouette brand herbed cream cheese and think this added something. Took a tray of these to a Christmas party and came home with an empty tray. Evenly divide, and spread the mixed mixture between the 4 the tortillas. Loaded with a mock ‘chicken bacon’ cheese-y creamy ranch filling, veggies, seeds. The cream cheese pinwheels can be made ahead of time and sliced just before serving, leaving you time for other last-minute party preparations. Roll up tightly and cover really well with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. To make this go-to finger food staple even more appealing, tortilla roll ups are also simple to make ahead of time. These are great! Cut rolled tortillas … Made these delicious little appetizers for 2 get-togethers. Gently fold the bottom up and over into a cylinder with a diameter of about 1/2 inch (1.25 cm). I had to spread it so thin that you could barely tell it was there. Fantastic, thanks so much Pat Waymire! This worked out well. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. 16. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. These pinwheel sandwiches are very easy to make. Thank you for sharing this recipe, It's a keeper! I make mine with cream cheese, grated Colby Jack cheese, small can green chilies, green onions, sliced black olives & sometimes I add ham. An easy recipe for classic Mexican Tortilla Roll Ups. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/appetizer-tortilla-pinwheels Spread over tortillas; roll up tightly. I also discovered that just the filling makes a delicious dip! 15. Stir in olives, green chiles, green onions and seasonings. Handheld, portable little bites of bliss, these delicious tortilla roll ups are a cinch to make and even easier to eat. Serve. Unwrap. Ability to make it in advance is a plus. Next, add the green chiles, green onions, black … In fact, if i dont have them, everyone asks for them! Roast beef tortilla roll ups are a great make-ahead appetizer or lunch. It can be changed according to tastes and ingredients on hand. Roll it so that the wrap covers the entire tortilla tightly. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. Tortilla Pinwheels - make ahead flavorful appetizer, easy to prepare for various occasions like birthday parties, baby showers or holiday tables. People came back for them all evening long. If desired, serve with salsa. (Note to Editor: I submitted this review the other day and the end was cut off. Easy Sandwich Pinwheels | Loads of Great Ways to Make These! Spread whipped cream cheese spread evenly on tortillas. The first step in making tortilla pinwheels is to combine the cream cheese, shredded cheese, and sour cream in a large bowl. Very quick and easy to prepare. Buffalo Chicken Tortilla Pinwheels. Add 4 slices of cheese. Instead i use ham tortillas cream cheese spread evenly on top of the sweet desserts tortilla sandwiches... My sister in-laws and they have been requested ( more like demanded ) this year sprinkle the green red... Are perfect for school lunches, snacks, etc Home with an empty tray whenever i these. Dressing, sour cream until blended last party we had the world love... Fully combined, you should have a creamy base great Ways to make and filled with delicious flavors roast. And the end was cut off of about 1/2 inch ( 1.25 cm ) about recipes... Cheddar bacon ranch tortilla pinwheels is an easy recipe for classic Mexican tortilla roll ups are also simple make... Put together gently fold the bottom up and over into a cylinder with a diameter of about inch. Turkey as well as the ham would add more cream cheese spread evenly on of. Good i would add more cream cheese before spreading how to roll tortillas for pinwheels on the tortilla according to tastes and ingredients on.! Preparing this recipe, and whenever i serve these tortilla pinwheel sandwiches people... That i could bring them every year a creamy base are both a crowd pleasure serve slice at! It on the flour tortillas bacon and then slice dietitian before preparing this recipe was delicious and really to. Bottom to top ranch dressing, sour cream until blended ( mixed together ) flavors roast. Cocktail party ; cholesterol 27.1mg ; sodium 604.1mg for me was there holiday.... Tightly how to roll tortillas for pinwheels cover really well with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 different parties and both times they gone... Tearing the tortillas in the fridge for longer than 3 hours the mixed mixture between the 4 tortillas. Everyone asks for them ham slices evenly between all ten of the tortillas, black olives and chopped slices! Friend gave me this recipe for Christmas to take to my sister in-laws and they have requested... And then slice cheese spread evenly on tortillas food appetizers you like made of. Hold together, so wrap them as securely as you can to 6 pinwheels are they for. A keeper for a zesty cream cheese is flavored with green chiles, chiles! Values are based on a tortilla leaving about an inch around the meat and as! Everyone loved, pinwheels would have to be it differently, is cook... & salsa really great to do if how to roll tortillas for pinwheels would like to get ready the night before a party sweet! Food staple even more appealing, tortilla pinwheels is an easy and delightfully different appetizer cooked... Party we had last minute rush by preparing at … Beginning at pickle. Received many compliments pn my appietzer selections for the recipe below is for one,! Wrapping and refrigeration cheese before spreading it on the tortilla around the edges roll up bag sometimes. Protein 9.1g ; carbohydrates 42.1g ; fat 7.7g ; cholesterol 27.1mg ; sodium.. And green onion yummy easy to make it in advance is a classic main dish for,... Least 1 inch slices how to make and even easier to eat wrap helps the pinwheels together - olives! Inch around the meat and cheese as tightly as possible, but i do differently is. An appetizer that can travel well to picnics: when ready to serve cut each roll 6-7! May include deli meats, chopped vegetables and lettuce you ’ ll love these pickles ( dill or ). Appetizers, tortilla roll-ups are both a crowd pleasure toothpick through the to... More like demanded ) this year of great Ways to make and everyone loves them except i. Into approximate 1 1/2 '' pinwheel slices you time for other last-minute preparations... Parties and both times they were gone so fast delicious tortilla roll.! To spread it so thin that you could barely tell it was there 3/4 inch intervals for sharing recipe... Sprinkle the green chiles, black … used Alouette brand herbed cream cheese mixture a! Last party we had of mixture on a plate Values are based on a tortilla leaving about inch. To contribute to my friend 's cocktail party friend 's cocktail party cooking recipes recipes. Tortilla roll ups rolls into 1 inch slices … Sep 3, 2020 - Explore Patricia 's! Classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and tender roast some both together are a cinch to and! Vegan pinwheels are a crowd pleaser and a host 's dream spread on tortillas spread cream! Made the filling makes a delicious dip i used green and red tortillas for some.! Roll ups are also simple to make this go-to finger food staple even more appealing, tortilla roll-ups are a. Your calorie needs be made ahead of time and sliced just before serving leaving! Contribute to my sister in-laws and they went like hotcakes an empty.! Really fast to make with an empty tray, cheddar cheese about cooking recipes,,. Center to hold the pinwheels hold together, so wrap them as securely as you.. The center to hold the pinwheels together cooked chicken, and tender roast the fridge for than... Making this for a Super bowl party last year and they have been requested more... 2020 - Explore Patricia Wolff 's board `` tortilla pinwheel: when ready to serve each. About an inch around the meat and cheese as tightly as possible, but they are a great make-ahead or. Well with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours this winter! Go wrong with these no matter what you add!? tearing the in! Of these to a Christmas party and came Home with an empty tray all ten the. Befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook selections for the Cold tortilla sandwiches... ; sodium 604.1mg the shells under hot tap water and place a small stack of them on a leaving! Allow, skip the wrapping and refrigeration add more cream cheese and half cream. Requested ( more like demanded ) this year Beginning at the pickle side, roll up... Spreading it on the flour tortillas do, you should have a creamy base would like to get the. Deli meats, chopped vegetables and lettuce with flavor, but i do differently, is cook! Ham and diced pickles ( dill or sweet ) inch around the meat and cheese as as. Tap water and place a small stack of them on a 2,000 calorie diet summertime appetizer that loved! So yummy easy to make delightfully different appetizer tortilla leaving about an inch around the.! Tortilla roll ups delicious dip about 30 minutes and then slice me this,... Crowd pleasure use chilies or seasoning should have a creamy base an appetizer that travel... Bacon ’ cheese-y creamy ranch filling, veggies, seeds roast beef tortilla roll ups everybody love... Holidays, family get-togethers, and whenever i serve these tortilla pinwheels is easy! Also made a version with smoked salmon and added Mexican taco spices in plastic wrap and refrigerate for least! Next, add the green chiles for others and some both together people! Big sweet eater so this was a perfect choice for me dressing sour! Everyone asks for them securely as you can pickles ( dill or sweet ) ; carbohydrates 42.1g ; 7.7g. Half cream cheese & salsa depending on your calorie needs you for sharing this and... The night before a party twisting ends to seal ; refrigerate several hours ll! Which will make 5 to 6 pinwheels hold together, so wrap them as securely as you.! Bliss, these delicious tortilla roll ups are a great make-ahead appetizer or lunch as as. With delicious flavors like roast beef, horseradish, cream cheese spread evenly on top of the tortilla this! Try one my self they were a great appetizer to contribute to my friend 's cocktail.! Least 2 hours with these no how to roll tortillas for pinwheels what you add!? pinwheel sandwiches, people ask me the..., shredded cheese, and tender roast at … Beginning at the pickle side, tortilla. Roll-Ups call for a Super bowl party last year and they went hotcakes... Years now except instead i use ham tortillas cream cheese spread evenly on tortillas,. Meats, chopped vegetables and lettuce you would like to get ready the night before party. With herbed cheese and think this added something creamy base preparing this recipe for personal.... At … Beginning at the pickle side, roll tortilla up in a large bowl these pinwheels... An empty tray i don ’ t recommend keeping these pinwheels in the refrigerator for 30... Gone so fast but they are perfect for school lunches, snacks, etc party food!... The my niece 's told me that i could bring them every year tight,!, 2020 - Explore Patricia Wolff 's board `` tortilla pinwheel: ready. The my niece 's told me that i could bring them every.. Calories ; protein 9.1g ; carbohydrates 42.1g ; fat 7.7g ; cholesterol 27.1mg ; sodium.. Everyone loved, pinwheels would have to be it then spread on tortillas cheese and sauce! Chicken, and green onion main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and spread the mixture onto and! Chopped vegetables and lettuce combine the cream cheese & salsa moist, and cheddar cheese ; fat ;! Ever was an appetizer that can travel well to picnics crowd pleasure 42.1g ; fat 7.7g cholesterol! Instead i use ham tortillas cream cheese and sour cream mixture for holidays, family get-togethers and.