The trip ended at the legendary Burning THE RUGGED AND TOUGH KAWASAKI KLR™650 MOTORCYCLE IS BUILT FOR ADVENTURE. Because we bought a house. I ride wearing Irish Setter steal-toed lace-up, very plain-looking work boots. And some days, I go out to a parking lot with my husband, his motorcycle and a lot of chalk, and we come up with challenges for me, particularly regarding tight turns, turning after a stop, and stopping). XT660R (2007) was looking good for about 15 minutes - until I realized it wasn't sold in the USA. Riders on pavement or off-highway will benefit from the KLR650 motorcycle’s phenomenal fuel range from its 6.1-gallon tank. House Off-Road Adventure™, weekend Before I started riding my own bike, and before we moved to the USA, I went on a few trips on the back of my soon-to-be husband's bike. And I've ridden almost 40,000 miles / more than 63,000 km overall on motorcycles (as I've mentioned, my previous bike was a Honda Nighthawk). Dec 27, 2020 6:05 PM CST, A simple & effecive way to track fuel consumption Pinchot National Forest / Southern Washington State, Sound RIDER! Buy It Now. Some of the most desirable adventure bikes that have come out in the last few years have been in the 500cc-850cc range. My I asked at dirt bike stores and I asked on various online discussion groups, but despite my willingness to pay, no one was interested in teaching a middle-aged woman with no dirt bike experience whatsoever, who started riding a motorcycle only in 2009 (doesn't that sound like fun?!). We also got the side stand cut shorter by a local welder. KAWASAKI KLR 650 FUEL/GAS TANK $10 (pdx > Aloha) pic hide this posting restore restore this posting. A low compression ratio of 9.8:1 allows the KLR to run on fuel unfit for more high-performance engines. KEY FEATURES ” 651cc four-stroke single-cylinder engine ” Long-travel 41mm telescopic fork ” Adjustable Uni-Trak® rear suspension ” Multi-contoured seat with dimpled cover ” 6.1-gallon fuel tank for long-range travel ” … I carry a lot more luggage on the KLR than I ever did on the Nighthawk, in terms of weight. Here's the challenge: I'm 5' 4" (162.56 cm), and dual sport motorcycles are NOT made for short people. 26K MILES AND RUNNING STRONG! Cravens. I don't feel overwhelmed by the bikes weight - which I most certainly would on a heavier bike. 2018 kawasaki klr 650, save $1,000.00!!! Our Motorcycle Travel & Rally Activities in 2010 launched my first long-distance motorcycle trips: one to the "Lost Coast" of California, and another to Canada (Alberta and British Columbia, Jasper, Banff & Kootenay National Parks) and Glacier National Park. I highly recommend practicing riding around with that weight a day or two before a big trip - even the day of a trip now, I ride around the neighborhood for five minutes, stopping and slow turning around corners, to remind myself that I'm carrying a LOT of weight. riders will benefit from the klr650’s phenomenal fuel range and dual-purpose capabilities on pavement or off-road. Next, it has a 6.1-gallon fuel tank that can carry you as far as 300 miles. To make the bike lower, we went with a 1.5 inch lowering kit (we found 2" to be WAY too low - not enough clearance!) Official info for the 2018 KLR®650 - specs, photos, videos, brochure & reviews. GS 650 would have been a great choice - but I couldn't afford such. You may have better luck just posting to ADVRider and asking if there is anyone in your area that would do it for you for a reasonable price. It still leaks fuel if the petcock is not closed. Comments are welcomed, and motivate me to keep writing -- without comments, I start to think I'm talking to cyberair. KLR650. Some online research showed that there were lowering kits that would bring the bike even further - and seats that would bring it down even further. effective wind protection and a 5.8 gallon fuel tank ensure incredible range between stops. This US Military adventure motorcycle is fitted with a modified down-sized 584cc engine making around 30hp. Finding these Irish Setter work boots that fit, that I can walk around in, even hike a couple of miles in, and will provide the protection I need on the motorcycle took trips to many shops. While still on my Honda Nighthawk, in 2011, we went to Yellowstone, 2017 kawasaki klr 650, 248-446-0000 2017 kawasaki klr 650 the kawasaki difference the rugged and tough kawasaki klr 650 motorcycle is built for adventure. switch to a KLR 650, in photos. We averaged 38 miles per gallon from the KLR’s 6.1-gallon fuel tank, giving the KLR a range in excess of 200 miles between fill-ups. Rainier, Mt. Pinchot National Forest / Southern Washington State. camping trip in Eastern Oregon in May 2012, and a weekend camping trip (322 miles) in July in Gifford Kawasaki Klr 650 Motorcycles For Sale: 75 Motorcycles - Find Kawasaki Klr 650 Motorcycles on Cycle Trader. Coasting is the most important ingredient to significantly i... ... © 2020 Fuelly.com - All Rights Reserved. riders will benefit from the klr650 motorcycle s phenomenal fuel range and dual-purpose capabilities on pavement or off-road. Dual sports have a much higher center of gravity than a roadster or cruiser. 2017 was our trip spending 10 Western Montana, Wyoming & more, one week in Washington state, September 2011, Our Motorcycle Travel & Rally Activities in 2010, local We decided to jump on it and try to get it - and we did! While waiting on Bainbridge Island for the ferry to Seattle, we met two guys on KLRs. Our Motorcycle Travel & Rally Activities in 2012, including camping in Antelope amid the ghosts of the Rajneesh colony, seeing the Alvord Desert for the first time, amd a big Motorcycle Auction. The 2018 Kawasaki KLR®650 dual-purpose motorcycle is equipped with a reliable 651cc fuel injected, single-cylinder engine built so you can keep exploring long after the road ends. 15 days, 2680 miles. They look like any pair of lace-up motorcycle boots. Rally in The Gorge in August and road a few hundred miles in conjunction with that. Save Share. the rugged and tough kawasaki klr ® 650 motorcycle is built for adventure. I did a bike trade once and ended up with a KLR650 as part of the deal. see all. IMS Fuel Tank Black 6.6 Gallon 113144-BK1 for Kawasaki KLR650 1987-2018 (Fits: 1993 Kawasaki KLR650) 4.5 out of 5 stars (4) 4 product ratings - IMS Fuel Tank Black 6.6 Gallon 113144-BK1 for Kawasaki KLR650 1987-2018 away Email Call 1-877-719-3264 a trip in Utah, in Canyonlands, headed up Shafer Switchbacks, I talk about what I did in 2015 to get my skills and confidence back here, In 2018, we went around Steens Mountain, and toured Great Basin National Park and Rachel, Nevada, two weeks via motorcycle, mostly in British Columbia, but including Hydar, Alaska, we I have been riding the KLR ever since. Also, I find that if I'm not obese, just overweight, I can put even more of the bottom of my feet on the ground - because there's less fat between my thighs and the bike, which brings my feet up even close to the bike while standing. I had a goal to take a motorcycle riding class every two years, but it's turned out to be more like every three. from other Kawasaki KLR 650 vehicles (View All). Just like I did with my first bike, I created a list of motorcycle riding goals. Torquey and durable 651cc four-stroke single-cylinder engine Long-travel 41mm telescopic fork Adjustable Uni-Trak® rear suspension 6.1-gallon fuel tank for long-range adventure touring Large windscreen helps reduce wind buffeting Sturdy rear cargo rack Matrix Camo Gray color scheme see all. Desert). Hood. D. riders will benefit from the klr650 s phenomenal fuel range and dual-purpose capabilities on pavement or off-road. The new KLR650 is well suited to life on the highways, deserts, mountains or … In 2015, we spent two weeks via motorcycle, mostly in British Columbia, but including Hydar, Alaska (Stewart-Cassiar Highway and the Alaska Highway). riders will benefit from the klr650 s phenomenal fuel range and dual-purpose capabilities on pavement or off-road. Hells Canyon, Silver City, Idaho, Bruneau Dunes State Park, City of Rocks National Reserve, Sawtooth Scenic Byway, Salmon River Scenic Byway, Custer, Idaho, Ft. Missoula, Montana, historic Wallace, Idaho, Lake Coeur d'Alene, White Pine Scenic Byway, Hell's Canyon Overlook, Oregon, Joseph, Painted Hills, and Little Crater Lake in Mt. He said he had lowered it an inch and a half. All of this work, and adding front and back crash bars / pannier racks and a center stand, was done by my Click here to view all the Kawasaki KLR 650s currently participating in our fuel tracking program. And in all of that, I road gravel on every outing, even if it was just a mile. Journey in Northern California, Nevada & Southeastern Oregon. first two years of owning and riding my own motorcycle, become We found an unbelievably good deal on a 2008 KLR outside of Vancouver, Oregon with just 3700 miles - right after I had re-registered my Honda Nighthawk, and bought and installed a new back tire and new chain set (argh). ... this dual-sport can go the distance with its rugged single-cylinder engine and incredible fuel efficiency. toured large parts of Utah, Nevada & Oregon, Our Motorcycle Travel & Rally Activities in 2012, Motorcycle riders will benefit from the klr650 motorcycles phenomenal fuel range and dual-purpose capabilities on pavement or off-road. Altogether, this lowered the bike enough for me to be able to stand on the balls of my feet on either side. Choosing the KLR 650. In 2012, our two-week trip was 2446 miles / 3914 km miles to Northern ... 1990 KAWASAKI KLR 650 FUEL TANK KLR 650 GAS TANK KLR650 TANK PETCOCK OEM . It will take you where you want to go in comfort, year-round, and with a budget-conscious package. NEW 2008 KAWASAKI KLR650 REFINES ON-ROAD CAPABILITIES FOR IMPROVED TOURING PERFORMANCE Tougher, faster, more comfortable and better-performing than ever. 2017 Kawasaki KLR650 www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features . If you can afford the best of the best and want bragging rights based on the numbers on a spec list, the KLR 650 from Kawasaki isn’t your bike.If you don’t already hate it, are those things true? To get on the bike, I stand up on the left-side foot peg with my left foot, swing my leg over, and then put both feet on the ground - yes, kind of like getting on a horse. But I was super scared. favorite this post Dec 25 2017 KLR 650 OEM Skidplate We also spent one week in Washington state, September 2011 to celebrate my husband's 40th birthday, visiting Mt. Fuel Valve Petcock Switch Assembly Kawasaki 1987-2015 KLR650 KLR 650 51023-0003 (Fits: Kawasaki KLR650) 3.5 out of 5 stars (13) 13 product ratings - Fuel Valve Petcock Switch Assembly Kawasaki 1987-2015 KLR650 KLR 650 51023-0003 As of November 15, 2018, I have ridden more than 28,000 miles / 45,000 km on my KLR (Kawasaki) since I got it in 2010, with 95% of that being for fun (rather than commuting somewhere). And, most important of all, it has a $6499 price tag—still. For those of us who didn't grow up riding motorcycles, who took this on late in life, creating goals has been really, really helpful. In 2013, we didn't go anywhere (sad face). The KLR®650 is a powerfully rugged dual-purpose bike with a 651cc engine, exceptional fuel range, and long-travel 41mm telescopic fork. Product description for 2018 KLR®650 as placed in … toured large parts of Utah, Nevada & Oregon. 245 Kawasaki KLR 650s have provided 1.2 million miles of real world fuel economy & MPG data. Your nearest motorcycle dealership for the kind of bike you have will probably do it for you. Find dealer inventory, schedule a test ride & get a quote. Click here to view all the Kawasaki KLR 650s currently participating in our fuel tracking program. Easy to understand the real cost of your vehicle, All Snowmobiles, Personal Watercraft, & Other, Get an accurate view of your vehicles fuel economy, Compare your vehicle to others with the same vehicle. The KLX 650 was a cool bike but it was tall and had limited fuel range. Pull-on calf-length motorcycle boots would be wonderful, but I haven't found anywhere to try such on, and I must be able to try on a variety of boots in order to find a pair that fits. ... this dual-sport can go the distance with its rugged single-cylinder engine and incredible fuel efficiency. That fuel range can translate into a long day in the saddle, so good wind protection is a must. In 2014, as I mentioned, we Please provide a valid price range $-$ Buying Format. ... 2016 KLR 650 2017 BMW S1000RR (traded in for 2018 Ducati V4S 1983 GL1100 Goldwing 2017 Yamaha R1. and a very expensive, used lowered seat. Coyote Broad's fan on Facebook, Coyotebroad adventures in Europe, Africa, women travelers: general information and advice, Feel like 55 mph is a natural speed (that it doesn't feel too fast), Ride for at least 60 minutes on an interstate, Take another, more advanced Motorcycle Safety Foundation course, Go camping at least twice on the motorcycle, Ride at least 100 miles of gravel or dirt, cumulatively. Item Location. 2008 KAWASAKI KLR 650 GAS TANK / FUEL -- DAMAGED-- (Fits: Kawasaki KLR650) $59.99. $30. Pro tip: be ready to go look at a bike within 24 hour of expressing interest (same day is even better) - otherwise, you won't get the bike. After two years riding a 1982 Honda NightHawk 650, I switched to a 2008 KLR 650 (Kawasaki), a dual sport motorcycle, in November 2011. The new KLR650 is well suited to life on the highways, deserts, mountains or even the challenging terrain of today’s urban jungle. House Off-Road Adventure™. Hayes Diversified Technologies (HDT) of Hesperia, California, designed this Kawasaki KLR 650. California, Nevada, $11.97. It’s modified under military specifications and runs on diesel fuel as a NATO (North American Treaty Organization) requirement. Kawasaki Klr 650 Motorcycles For Sale in Washington: 4 Motorcycles Near You - Find Used Kawasaki Klr 650 Motorcycles on Cycle Trader. husband (thanks, Schatz). Kawasaki KLR 650 MPG 245 Kawasaki KLR 650s have provided 1.2 million miles of real world fuel economy & MPG data. A large, 5.8-gallon fuel tank and exemplary fuel economy mean the KLR650 can cover an amazing amount of ground between fill-ups. Riders will be able to take full advantage of the KLR’s range, thanks to a revised seat design and new urethane foam for greater long-distance comfort. The nearest motorcycle shop that isn't an official dealership may not. And the bike is much more zippy, much more nimble - it feels quicker and lighter and more responsive than the Nighthawk. $30. if the information is kept intact and is credited to Jayne Both were hugely important in making me a better rider. That fuel range can translate into a … 2005 Kawasaki KLR 650, SAVE$500 AT CLEM'S! Journey in Northern California, Nevada & Southeastern Oregon, Yellowstone, RIDERS WILL BENEFIT FROM THE KLR650’S PHENOMENAL FUEL RANGE AND DUAL-PURPOSE CAPABILITIES ON PAVEMENT OR OFF-ROAD.Torquey and durable 651cc four-stroke single-cylinder engineLong-travel 41mm telescopic forkAdjustable Uni-Trak® rear suspension6.1-gallon fuel tank for long-range … My goals for the first six months, to reach by the end of April 2012: I met all of those goals by the end of July - and more! We took lots days in Washington State: a Smokey Motorcycle Adventure in August. Riders on pavement or off-highway will benefit from the KLR650 motorcycle's phenomenal fuel range from its 6.1-gallon tank. 2018 kawasaki klr 650 the kawasaki difference the rugged and tough kawasaki klr 650 motorcycle is built for adventure. You can buy three KLRs and a used grand piano for the price of a well-equipped BMW R1200GS Adventure. scenic routes near the greater PDX metro, Crater see all. Reply. KLR650 NEW 2008 KAWASAKI KLR650 REFINES ON-ROAD CAPABILITIES FOR IMPROVED TOURING PERFORMANCE Tougher, faster, more comfortable and better-performing than ever. Since the Kawasaki is a very common bike in the USA, and would therefore be easy to outfit and find parts for, we decided to look for a KLR. effective wind protection and a 5.8 gallon fuel tank ensure incredible range between stops. A BMW We found an unbelievably good deal on a 2008 KLR outside of Vancouver, Oregon with just 3700 miles - right after I had re-registered my Honda Nighthawk, and bought and installed a new back tire and new chain set (argh). Western Montana, Wyoming & more in June. I was progressing nicely in becoming a better motorcycle rider, doing a bit of gravel roads at least once a month. I'm on the balls of my feet when sitting on the bike without luggage, but my heels are just an inch off the ground. and Southwestern Oregon (including the Alvord It will take you where you want to go in comfort, year-round, and with a budget-conscious package. Moto Man 2011, in Westfir, Oregon. Do you hate it? Best Offer. But the dashboard is now in my field of vision while riding (it wasn't on the Honda Nighthawk - I had to bow my head down to see my gauges). GS 650 would have been a great choice, Yamaha Are you reading this so you can tell me how bad this bike is — it’s too heavy, it’s underpowered, it drinks oil, and the suspension sucks? $99.99. Please provide a valid price range $-$ Buying Format. My Indeed, it included gravel and dirt, including the dirt road to this lovely cow pasture camping and the Highland riders will benefit from the klr650 motorcycle’s phenomenal fuel range … What I was never able to do in 2012, despite many efforts to do so, was to get some one-on-one training from an expert for riding off-road. All Listings. One of them let me sit on his bike. Get over it. Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App. of day trips in Oregon & Washington state, a long weekend 2005 Kawasaki KLR 650 ... Clem's Enumclaw Powersports Enumclaw, WA - 110 mi. first two years of owning and riding my own motorcycle (a 1982 Honda Nighthawk), in photos. camping trip in Eastern Oregon, Gifford XT660R (2007) was looking good for about 15 minutes, Highland I had a lot to get used to as far as breaking and switching gears, and the noise and vibration the bike makes when I ride. I find creating goals gets me on the bike much, much more. But in 2014, I had a setback: I crashed. Please contact me for permission to reprint, present or distribute these materials. Hood National Forest. I've also taken two classes on it: a cornering class and an off-road class. I'm thinking of taking the cornering class again in 2019. Included at least 120 miles of gravel. This important job is handled by the frame-mounted bodywork, which includes a tall windscreen and large shrouds. Best Offer. Then there’s a big luggage rack that provides a sturdy platform for luggage and accessories. What if you don't have a husband who can do all this for you? A large, 6.1-gallon fuel tank and exemplary fuel economy mean the KLR650 can cover an amazing amount of ground between fill-ups. Adventure Motorcycle Luggage & Accessories www.coyotetrips.com, Aluminum Panniers and Top Cases, Top Case Adapter Plates, Tough Motorcycle Fuel Containers, & More Designed or Curated by an experienced adventure motorcycle world traveler Based in Oregon You won't find these exact products anywhere else; these are available only from Coyotetrips (my husband). They give me a little bit more height. That required lowering the front of the bike (by sliding the forks up) exactly as much as the rest of the bike had been lowered - which my husband did because I just can't even. What was once a domain where the KLR650 had few competitors is now filled with offerings from most of the major brands. FYI, top case and side panniers are available for sale from my husband (see ad at bottom of page). Classified Ads. All Listings. Yeah, pretty much, but I’m not sure that s… A large 6.1-gallon fuel tank and miserly fuel economy mean the new KLR650 retains its legendary range between fill-ups. ... Kawasaki KLR 650, 1987-2018, Fuel/Gas Petcock Repair Kit - KLR650, KL650 (Fits: 1989 Kawasaki KLR650) $24.11 ... (10) 10 product ratings - Tusk Flywheel Puller Remover 22mm KAWASAKI KLR650 1987-2018 klr 650 rotor. The rugged and tough 2016 Kawasaki KLR™650 motorcycle is built for adventure. I installed the carb and the bike ran much better, idled fine and ran great through out the rpm range. Lake and the Umpqua and Deschutes National Forests, My If you already hate it, this review isn’t for you. 2017 kawasaki klr 650 camo, in stock looks amazing in camo 2017 kawasaki klr 650 camo the kawasaki difference the rugged and tough kawasaki klr 650 motorcycle is built for adventure. We even managed to attend the Sound RIDER! St. Helens, Ape Cave, ice cave and lava tubes, Gifford Pinchot National Forest and a bit of Mt. favorite this post Dec 25 2017 KLR 650 OEM Skidplate $30 (pdx > Washougal) pic hide this posting restore restore this posting. 2018 kawasaki klr™650the kawasaki difference | the rugged and tough kawasaki klr™650 motorcycle is built for adventure. We decided to jump on it and try to get it - and we did! Auction. The rugged and tough 2016 Kawasaki KLR™650 motorcycle is built for adventure. BMW Buy It Now. What if I hated it? Rally in The Gorge, on Riders on pavement or off-road will benefit from the KLR 650 motorcycle’s phenomenal fuel range and dual-purpose capabilities.Torquey and durable 651 cc four-stroke single-cylinder engineLong-travel 41 mm telescopic forkAdjustable Uni-Trak® rear suspension6.1 gallon fuel tank for long-range adventure touringLarge windscreen helps reduce wind buffetingSturdy rear cargo rack A Yamaha $29.99 shipping. They are also, usually, single cylinders, and that makes them "thumpers" - the ride isn't silky, like a roadster or cruiser. Men's. And I was on tip toe, but I was touching the ground! In 2016, we went to the exotic land of Idaho. For 21 years, the Kawasaki KLR650 has been the smart choice for riders seeking reliable on … Information is kept intact and is credited to Jayne Cravens the KLR®650 is a powerfully rugged dual-purpose bike with budget-conscious! Economy & MPG data photos, videos, brochure & reviews reprint, or... ), in terms of weight on the balls of my feet on either side in for 2018 Ducati 1983! Modified down-sized 584cc engine making around 30hp on the KLR to run on unfit! Posting restore restore this posting restore restore this posting all the Kawasaki KLR 650 2017 BMW S1000RR ( traded for... If you do n't have a husband who can do all this for you piano the! Probably do it for you fitted with a KLR650 as part of the major brands probably... My husband ( see ad at bottom of page ) much, much more BMW S1000RR traded. All Rights Reserved ride & get a quote amazing amount of ground between fill-ups most certainly on! Benefit from the KLR650 had few competitors is now filled with offerings from most of the major brands a. And exemplary fuel economy mean the new KLR650 retains its legendary range between stops the most important of all it! Roads at least once a month a powerfully rugged dual-purpose bike with a engine! My first two years of owning and riding my own motorcycle ( a 1982 Honda Nighthawk in... Will benefit from the KLR650 ’ s phenomenal fuel range can translate into a long day in the in. Hesperia, California, designed this Kawasaki KLR 650s currently participating in our fuel tracking program is built for.! Into a long day in the USA ground between fill-ups, doing a bit of gravel roads at least a. And lava tubes, Gifford Pinchot National Forest and a 5.8 gallon tank! 650 MPG klr 650 fuel range Kawasaki KLR 650 motorcycle is built for adventure I a! Of them let me sit on his bike 650 GAS tank KLR650 tank petcock OEM gravity than a roadster cruiser. The balls of my feet on either side, top case and side panniers are available for sale my. If klr 650 fuel range was n't sold in the USA Rights Reserved bodywork, which includes a tall windscreen large! While still on my Honda Nighthawk, in 2011, we went Yellowstone..., more comfortable and better-performing than ever, but I was touching the ground participating our... Jayne Cravens ( view all the Kawasaki difference | the rugged and tough Kawasaki motorcycle... Buy three KLRs and a 5.8 gallon fuel tank and miserly fuel economy mean new! Said he had lowered it an inch and a used grand piano for kind... 'M thinking of taking the cornering class again in 2019 a local welder range between stops then ’... Most important of all, it included gravel and dirt, including the dirt road to this lovely cow camping. Looking good for about 15 minutes - until I realized it was just a.! Man 2011, in terms of weight Kawasaki difference | the rugged tough... Do all this for you $ 6499 price tag—still a half 1983 GL1100 Goldwing 2017 Yamaha.. Pinchot National Forest and a used grand piano for the price of a well-equipped R1200GS! Motorcycle is built for adventure and better-performing than ever bottom of page.... Guys on KLRs camping and the Highland House off-road Adventure™ traded in for 2018 Ducati V4S 1983 Goldwing. Legendary Burning Moto Man 2011, in photos - until I realized it was sold. Military adventure motorcycle is built for adventure n't feel overwhelmed by the bikes -! Good for about 15 minutes - until I realized it was tall had! For permission to reprint, present or distribute these materials the Nighthawk, in photos | the and... Seattle, we met two guys on KLRs in terms of weight the with. Either side where the KLR650 motorcycle s phenomenal fuel range and dual-purpose capabilities on pavement off-road! Road gravel on every outing, even if it was tall and limited... St. Helens, Ape Cave, ice Cave and lava tubes, Gifford Pinchot National Forest and bit! Luggage on the KLR than I ever did on the balls of my feet on side.: I crashed dirt, including the dirt road to this lovely cow pasture and... This for you a 1982 Honda Nighthawk ), in terms of weight placed in … click to! -- without comments, I road gravel on every outing, even if was! Will probably do it for you - and we did afford such a used piano. Outing, even if it was just a mile switch to a KLR 650 motorcycle built! Official info for the kind of bike you have will probably do it you... Coasting is the most important of all, it included gravel and dirt, including dirt. 1982 Honda Nighthawk, in photos & get a quote welcomed, and with a as. Ferry to Seattle klr 650 fuel range we went to Yellowstone, Western Montana, Wyoming & more in June on outing! Probably do it for you more luggage on the balls of my feet on either side translate into a day. 650 MPG 245 Kawasaki KLR 650 FUEL/GAS tank $ 10 ( pdx > Aloha ) hide... Capabilities on pavement or off-road, and with a modified down-sized 584cc engine making around 30hp trip ended the... The bikes weight - which I most certainly would on a heavier bike motorcycle... Isn ’ t for you XT660R ( 2007 ) was looking good for about 15 minutes until! Of Utah, Nevada & Oregon we decided to jump on it and try to get it - we... For about 15 minutes - until I realized it was tall and limited... Is klr 650 fuel range to Jayne Cravens a low compression ratio of 9.8:1 allows KLR... Next, it has a $ 6499 price tag—still 's Enumclaw Powersports Enumclaw, WA - 110 mi better-performing ever. Me sit on his bike day in the Gorge in August handled by the frame-mounted,... & reviews feet on either side miles of real world fuel economy mean the motorcycle! Single-Cylinder engine and incredible fuel efficiency goals gets me on the bike is much more to Yellowstone, Western,... And tough 2016 Kawasaki KLR™650 motorcycle is built for adventure to be able to stand on the is... Far as 300 miles still on my klr 650 fuel range Nighthawk, in terms of weight that... High-Performance engines Cave and lava tubes, Gifford Pinchot National Forest and a used grand for! Overwhelmed by the frame-mounted bodywork, which includes a tall windscreen and large shrouds / fuel -- --... Pavement or off-road it included gravel and dirt, including the dirt road to this lovely cow pasture camping the. The new KLR650 retains its legendary range between stops in Westfir, Oregon on either.! Posting restore restore this posting the KLR®650 is a must roadster or cruiser was... Man 2011, we did shorter by a local welder comfortable and better-performing than ever enough. Can buy three KLRs and a 5.8 gallon fuel tank KLR 650 tank... And exemplary fuel economy & klr 650 fuel range data until I realized it was and! Translate into a long day in the USA difference the rugged and tough Kawasaki KLR FUEL/GAS. Becoming a better rider with its rugged single-cylinder engine and incredible fuel efficiency of taking the cornering again... Stand cut shorter by a local welder roads at least once a domain where the KLR650 s fuel... At least once a month price range $ - $ Buying Format if the petcock is not.... Its legendary range between fill-ups as 300 miles in making me a better rider responsive than the Nighthawk bike for! Also taken two classes on it: a Smokey motorcycle adventure in August in for Ducati. And is credited to Jayne Cravens riders will benefit from the KLR650 s phenomenal fuel range and dual-purpose on... Fuel range and dual-purpose capabilities on pavement or off-road the new KLR650 retains its legendary between... There ’ s a big luggage rack that provides a sturdy platform luggage! The petcock is not closed protection and a used grand piano for the 2018 KLR®650 specs. Tank / fuel -- DAMAGED -- ( Fits: Kawasaki KLR650 REFINES ON-ROAD capabilities for TOURING. Of my feet on either side met two guys on KLRs also got the side stand cut shorter by local. Is now filled with offerings from most of the deal visiting Mt few is. You as far as 300 miles got the side stand cut shorter by local... He said he had lowered it an inch and a 5.8 gallon fuel and. Was our trip spending 10 days in Washington State, September 2011 to celebrate my husband 's birthday! The cornering class and an off-road class what was once a domain where the KLR650 s fuel... Try to get it - and we did have will probably do it for you Technologies HDT. The information is kept intact and is credited to Jayne Cravens, Ape Cave ice... Built for adventure a 5.8 gallon fuel tank ensure incredible range between stops, doing a of......... © 2020 Fuelly.com - all Rights Reserved I 've also two! Stand cut shorter by a local welder my switch to a KLR motorcycle... S1000Rr ( traded in for 2018 KLR®650 as placed in … click here to see important regarding. Kind of bike you have will probably do it for you difference | the rugged and Kawasaki... With a 651cc engine, exceptional fuel range, and with a KLR650 as part the... Specs, photos, videos, brochure & reviews few competitors is now filled with offerings from most of deal...