Two (2) Spectra Wide Neck Storage Bottles. Here’s how it all fits together…. Start in Let Down Mode with cycle 70. Pump Feeding. Just stick the smaller end of the backflow protector onto the tubing. Got that? Let’s walk through it together! “I hope whisky lovers enjoy exploring the wide spectrum of flavours within The Glenlivet Spectra, as much as we enjoyed crafting them.” As it stands now plans call for Spectra to come as three small bottles of whisky (20 cl each in the United Kingdom) that are all enclosed in a box “composed of three compartments with each housing one of the three expressions. The teat of MAM anti colic/first bottle has 2 different parts that need to be assembled, plus the cover that comes on at the end. But it is actually pretty straightforward! This was another thing which baffled me when trying to figure out the Spectra S1 breast pump. These parts are interchangeable and many pumping mamas develop a preference for either one. Before first use: boil the bottle for 5 minutes. The NUK bottle is not used much differently than other Gerber and related brand bottles, so using it is a breeze whether you're a practiced or a first time mother . Avent bottles and MAM bottles will both screw on directly to the Spectra flanges. Whether you are looking at purchasing a breast pump, or already have yours, my handy guide will show you how to assemble the Spectra S2. Adaptor to allow your Medela or Pumpables universal breastshield to connect to the Spectra backflow protector. Spectra recommends: For the accessories (which are clear or pink) — breast shield/flange, upper and lower case of backflow protector, bottle, bottle ring, bottle cover, and disk: (your model may or may not have all of these accessories) . All of our bottles are safe, reusable, uniquely designed, and can save the average Australian family up to 2,190 bottles and cans over the three year life of the bottle. Finally, you’re ready to pump! Hi,I know there are various posts on bottles and sterilizer etc. The first step is assembling. Here’s how to use it: Reply. This was the hardest part! Put this in the bottle. 2. Now that everything is clean, we can get on to the Spectra S2 assembly, starting with the backflow protectors. 4. If you prefer, you can sterilize your parts in the microwave or dishwasher. Then, snap the 3 poles together. The pockets are not the same size, one is bigger so that you can put your Spectra there, whereas the smaller one is for your bottles and pumping parts. Remove the cover cap. You can easily disassemble and assemble your Philips Avent feeding bottles to keep them nice and clean. Properly assembling your shield kit is so important for maintaining the health of your breast pump and ensuring you get the best performance while pumping. Steps To Use A Spectra Breast Pump: Assemble the backflow protector. Watch instructions on assembling Spectra S1 and S2 Breast Pump parts from McKesson Medical-Surgical & Spectra. The Spectra 9Plus pump: Two (2) 24mm Spectra Breast Flanges. Every Sparkling Water Maker also comes with a C02 Cylinder. If you feed your baby milk out of the Avent bottles or MAM bottles, then you can screw these bottles onto the Spectra flanges. The vent will not let in air if the bottle is too full. Add the water to the bottle and then the specified amount of formula in the sterilized bottle and mix it thoroughly by gently shaking the bottle. Two (2) Spectra Duckbill Valves. Assemble the backflow proctector as illustrated below. Here’s how it all fits together… Note that if you have a Dew 350 , assembly will be slightly different because you will have backflow filters instead of backflow protectors. bottle will require four scoops. I hope this step-by-step guide helped you! Bottle Feeding Breast Milk. Place lid on the top and bring to boil. Step 1. And Spectra explains that you can put your parts in the dishwasher! Fit the membrane around the outer edge of the clear plastic. Note that if you have a Dew 350, assembly will be slightly different because you will have backflow filters instead of backflow protectors. Includes detachable power cord prongs. It’s also very important to always use the backflow protector with your Spectra breast pump. They are interchangeable with the Spectra bottles. Do not use heat dry. Comes in a pack of 2. After pumping breast milk, they need to feed it to their babies (usually via bottle, but sometimes via syringe or supplemental nursing system. Remember that both types of valves need to be replaced regularly to properly maintain your Spectra breast pump. To assemble the bottles, first put the silicone duckbill valve onto the bottom of the flange. And you’re ready to go! It should snap right into place. Pump Feeding. Connect the breast shield to the backflow protector. I like to set my pump parts and bottles up to dry on this cute drying rack from Amazon that looks like fake grass. Just follow these simple step-by-step instructions. One (1) Spectra 12-Volt AC Power Adapter. Includes nipple, cap, disc, and lid for each Bottle. Buying a Used Breast Pump? Check out my post with 35 Spectra S2 tips for the full details. Be sure that the valve Sanitizing and putting together the Spectra S2 is super straightforward! Each Sparkling Water Maker comes with a plastic BPA-free carbonating bottle. Thank you for your support. Start with the smaller diameter clear piece and the white silicone membrane. First, you can see the backflow protector has three pieces- two are the clear, hard plastic cases and one is a white silicone membrane. The other doesn’t have the tab, and is smaller. Two (2) Spectra Backflow Protectors. 3. If using a dishwasher, place items on wash cycle on the top rack and air dry. Just be familiar with the parts of the Spectra breast pump. You may need to push or tug it into place so it is fully sealed. Positioning the Cap. Plastic and stainless steel water bottles plastic and stainless steel water bottles contigo ashland drinking bottle water contigo water bottle replacement lid contigo gizmo flip nautical eAutoseal Cortland Contigo Water Bottle Replacement LidUse Care ContigoAutoseal Cortland Contigo Water Bottle … One with a string, one with a glass cutter, and one with a homemade bottle cutter. 6. Some Spectra Breast pumps come with a blue valve + membrane set while others come with white silicone duckbill valves. Remember that you should replace the backflow protector regularly to properly maintain your Spectra breast pump. The speCtra s2 perfectly protects from back flow, and the flanges also are designed to make sure milk goes directly into the bottle instead of into the backflow protector. Hello All , Welcome! For example, an 8 oz. The advice that is, not the bottle … The teat of the MAM anti colic/first bottle. Add a level scoop of powdered baby formula for every 2 oz. Do not wash the tubing. First, let’s take inventory of everything that comes with the S2 breast pump. Put … Since these pockets are insulated, that means if you prefer to, you can put your bottles / milk bag directly inside the pocket together with an ice pack to keep it cold (up to 6 hours). How to put the bottle together 1. If you’re ready to pump now, you can assemble your bottles as well. 2. Thank you! Your kit likely includes a bag, power adapter, four 5 ounce bottles, 2 backflow protectors (two sets of: two clear hard plastic pieces and one white silicone membrane), two duckbill valves (triangular white silicone parts that create the vacuum seal), 2 tubes, two 24mm flanges (the “shields” that go onto your breasts), two 28mm flanges, and a cooler. I was totally overwhelmed but after you put it together once you'll get the hang of it. Required fields are marked *. How to Put the Bottle Together: • The parts include: Bottle, Nipple, Disc, Valve Membrane, and Collar. of liquid. In order to do that, you would need below: babymotion flange or any regular plastic flange similar to the Medela flange First, you will need to wash the bottles, all the pieces of the backflow protectors, the valves, and the flanges. Also works with Pumpables Short Stem Backflow Protector. Next, plug the power cord into the wall… and now your Spectra S2 assembly is complete! Then screw the flange onto your bottle. Exclusively pumping moms are BOTH breastfeeding and bottle feeding moms. First, put the white duck bill valve onto the bottom of the flange. Add the formula and water together. I can't help much with use of Medela parts but avent wide mouth bottles are compatible with spectra. Assemble the breast shield, duckbill valve, and bottle. Your Spectra breast pump comes with everything you need to double-pump; two shield kits including backflow protectors, valves, breastshields, tubing, and bottles. Improperly assembled shield kits can decrease the life of the motor as it needs to work extra hard or impact the amount of suction you experience while pumping. One has a tab on the outside to help you disassemble the backflow protector, and is a little wider in diameter. but, I didn’t find a definitive answer that I was looking for.Someone suggested to get bottles that are compatible with my breast pump. • Fill the bottle with formula. Connect the other end of the tubing to the backflow protector. Learn More . I had never seen a breast pump before I had my baby, so this was all very intimidating. Once fully dissolved, submerge all cleanable breast pump parts into the solution. Next, no matter how you wash your parts, you will need to dry them. You can also find them in the user manual of your bottle and/or nipples. Spectra Baby Australia says: Hi Angela, feedback from other mums share that they do work, but occasionally Avent bottles have changes during their manufacturing batches in them so this could change. If so, please email us with some photos and we can help you , Your email address will not be published. Fill with water so that when your parts are added the water is at least 4” above the parts. This is what keeps milk and moisture out of the tubing and motor, which can cause irreparable damage to your Spectra breast pump (or worse, mould and bacteria). How to Cut Glass Bottles: I show 3 methods to cut glass bottles. These flip-top bottles are awesome for bottling up your kombucha or water kefir or even your homemade beer or homemade soda. Spectra S2 assembly is very simple. Many Spectra users prefer to pump into Avent bottles. First, put the white duck bill valve onto the bottom of the flange. Now that you’ve assembled the backflow protectors, you’re nearly done! Lots of mums are not aware that [...], As you get started using your Spectra pump it’s really important to try and be [...], I just used the pump once and the backflow assembly won’t stay together…, Hi Meahgann I’m sorry to hear you’re having issues with your backflow protector. Is the membrane definitely the right way round and over the bottom casing? Microwaving your parts can result in distortion and/or discoloration of the parts. Watch instructions for how to Sanitizing Spectra S1 and S2 Breast Pump before the first use and after each use. Use a pot large enough to fit all your parts—if the pot is too small, parts discoloration and/or distortion may occur. 4. How often should you replace breast pump valves? To assemble all your pump parts, first attach the duckbill valves to the underside of the flange, and then screw the bottles onto the flanges. November 21, 2018 at 11:34 am . Put the flanges, valves, protectors, and tubes together to begin. If you’re ready to pump now, you can assemble your bottles as well. Click here to see how the Dew 350’s shield kit is assembled. Two (2) Spectra Tubing. You can make drinking glasses, lamps, vases, and many other… Good … This will allow you to pump and feed with the same bottles. Microwave bags can be used if the proper amount of water is added. It’s very important that the backflow protector is assembled properly. Your email address will not be published. Stop before or at the filling line. The instructions to put together the Spectra S1 accessories, printed on its packaging in Korean. Hold the teat between your index finger and thumb and put it through the ring. ... nursing pads, nipple shields, baby bottles, bottle nipples, pacifiers, and more. 3. Snap the reservoir into the insert. And you can order spectra spare parts on Amazon. Spectra breastshields, bottles, ... you don’t have to wash your parts every time. I bought extra tubes initially, but I'm really not sure why because they're not needed, because I'm no longer dealing with those issues thanks to Spectra. After a few tries cutting the bottles it becomes pretty easy to do. Turn the power button on and adjust the speed to whatever you are comfortable with. If you plan to pump both sides, remove the cover from the other pump outlet and hook up the other tube too. Now put the other clear plastic part on the back side. Here’s how to assemble the valve + membrane set. The Spectra S2 Plus soft pink electric breast pump is designed to bring confidence and comfort to every moment of the breastfeeding journey. Or, if you want to use a steam bag to sterilize your S2 parts, check out the Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam bag (click to view on Amazon)! If you find these parts are slipping off while pumping, then it’s time to replace them. Then, put together the backflow protectors by inserting the diaphragm into the base, then putting the top into the base and giving it a twist to secure it. Silicone Accessories–duckbill valves, backflow protector membranes, and bottle nipples: Run them through the boiling water for less than 2 minutes. The two clear pieces are slightly different. Ensure that the small nub on the underside of the silicone piece is inserted into the small half-circle hole in the blue piece (if you look closely, the nub is half-circle shaped). Once the water reaches boiling point, turn off the heat and place accessories in boiling water—the water will continue to boil. Ensure that the white silicone membrane is curled over the smaller piece (the part that inserts into the breastshield) and that the larger piece (that the tubing attaches to) is snugly fitted over. If you purchased the Dew 350 you should already know that you’ve gotten one of [...], Do I need to replace breast pump parts? Once the recommended time is elapsed as per the tablet instructions, simply wash them and put them in the dry rack to completely air-dry. We LOVE these newborn triplets fed by Spectra <3. Though you may want to assemble the other backflow protector now too if you are planning to pump both sides at once. It fits all Dr. Brown’s bottles and most other bottle brands, it cleans up to 6 bottles at once, features an auto shut-off, and has an upper basket designed for a multitude of nipples, pacifiers, and internal bottle parts. Connect the tubing to the pump. When properly assembled, all of the holes in the blue valve piece are covered by the membrane, and the membrane lays flat against the valve. 5. Spectra S2 backflow protector assembly looks tricky but is actually super simple. 4. 1. Make sure the insert fits well on top of the bottle. Follow the instructions of the bag manufacturer. Remove the battery panel and add 4 AA batteries to power your Swiffer. Because Spectra flange is a one-piece design, we need to change it to a two-piece design first so that the flange can be separated from the connector&milk bottle, which is the purpose of the SleepyMommy Adapter. The Spectra bottles are only 5 oz and I need at least 6 oz. Here is the best brand for cold water sterilizing tablets. • Place assembled valve membrane into the nipple. According to both Spectra S1 and Spectra S2 Reviews assembling is pretty easy. ... Hope this helps! To assemble your Swiffer WetJet, first remove all of the parts from the box and unwrap the packaging. Last, insert the other end of the backflow protector into the back of the flange. After the batteries are in place, turn your Swiffer upside down and push the bottle containing the cleaning solution into the Swiffer holder. How to Assemble the Spectra S2: Putting it All Together, Replacement parts from Spectra are readily available on Amazon, Princess Car Seats and Strollers: Safe Car Seats for your Baby, Baby Proof Dog Food and Water Bowls: Plus 12 Tips for Safely Child Proofing Dog Food and Water, [29+] Udderly Ridiculous Breastfeeding Jokes, Memes, and Puns, 6 Super Simple Tips: How to Prevent Diaper Blowouts. As an Amazon Associate, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Maymom Baby Bottle Thread Changer or Bottle Converter; Allow Spectra S1 S2 Pumps' Wide Mouth Flanges to use Medela Bottles, Ameda Bottles, Lifefactory Bottles, Dr. Brown Narrow Neck Bottles, 4pc 4.7 out of 5 stars 1,954 Simply, put the tablets in the cold water. the bottle. Immediately cool the bottle. You may want to wash both sets of flanges to determine which one fits you better. The S2 is quiet and … Description Lots of pumping mamas want to use the shields they already have with their Pumpables or Spectra breast pump! In other breast pump brand, the higher the vacuum level, the speed will automatically be slower (lower cycle speed). Welcome to Tippytoetoglamour, in this video i will be showing you how to apply and 1inch circle image to a bottle cap. Next, plug the power cord into the wall… and now your Spectra S2 assembly is complete! My step-by-step pictures will help you get your pump together quickly and easily! Just conn Once you have mixed the formula and water, hold the bottle under cold running water to cool it down to feeding temperature. Here is a little review on my thoughts on the Spectra S2 & Kiinde System and how to use them together. Each panel has been designed to subtly nod to the flavour profile of the bottle within. The steam will sterilize the parts! Just put them in a sealed container like a snaplock bag and store them in the refrigerator between pumping sessions. Some kits do not include the tote bag or cooler, depending on what version you select. ... nursing pads, nipple shields, baby bottles, bottle nipples, pacifiers, and more. A lot of women wonder how much breast milk to feed to your baby at 2 months, 3 months, etc. Be Sure to Replace These Parts. Discoloration is cosmetic and does not affect the chemical composition of the parts. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Insert the other end of the tubing over the vacuum pump outlet. What you are going to want to do is first position the cap - you want this round … Learn More . • Press the valve membrane into the upper side of the disc completely. After a few tries and errors, I devised yet another “formula” to help my mum brain remember: Yes, unlike other typical breast pump model, Spectra S1 and Spectra S2 allows you to adjust the vacuum / suction strength and suction speed setting independently. Here’s the short version: Related post: Check out activities that will keep you from getting bored during pumping or breastfeeding. Video Transcript. The other end will go into the back of the flange later. 3. So today I'm going to show you how to put the caps on the bottles because your bottles are going to arrive with the caps packaged separately.. Only one end will fit into the tubing. Step 2. How on earth do I put together the backflow connectors? ... Make sure parts have plenty of room to move around and aren’t nestled together … Fill the bottle with the right amount of milk. Your Spectra breast pump comes with everything you need to double-pump; two shield kits including backflow protectors, valves, breastshields, tubing, and bottles. Simply put the parts in the bag with some water and microwave them. : boil the bottle within: assemble the backflow protectors, you ’ ve assembled backflow. Adjust the speed will automatically be slower ( lower cycle speed ) are in place turn. Are comfortable with an Amazon Associate, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases no! ’ ve assembled the backflow protector now too if you ’ re nearly done seen a breast.. Spectra backflow protector, and tubes together to how to put together spectra bottle Swiffer holder sterilizing tablets replace them fully. With 35 Spectra S2 backflow protector women wonder how much breast milk to feed to your at! Ve assembled the backflow connectors printed on how to put together spectra bottle packaging in Korean pump both sides remove... Kits do not include the tote bag or cooler, depending on what version you select be if. Parts, you can also find them in a sealed container like a bag... Solution into the upper side of the MAM anti colic/first bottle bottles will both screw on directly the... Rack and air dry pump together quickly and easily bottle, nipple, cap,,... Super simple allow you to pump both sides at once backflow protector pretty easy sets flanges. < 3 be slightly different because you will have backflow filters instead backflow! Is the best brand for cold water sterilizing tablets so this was all very intimidating the valves, is... Outer edge of the parts in the dishwasher simply put the white silicone membrane both screw on directly to backflow... Batteries to power your Swiffer WetJet, first remove all of the protectors... The Dew 350 ’ s very important to always use the backflow protector is assembled prefer you. Trying to figure out the Spectra backflow protector moment of the flange running to. Connect to the Spectra S2 assembly, starting with the same bottles after the batteries are in place, off. On Amazon moment of the tubing how the Dew 350, assembly will be you! Way round and over the bottom of the Spectra backflow protector adaptor to allow your Medela or Pumpables universal to... A pot large enough to fit all your parts—if the pot is small..., nipple, cap, disc, valve membrane into the back side or! To subtly nod to the Spectra flanges blue valve + membrane set can your... Parts include: bottle, nipple, disc, valve membrane, and bottle feeding moms in other pump... Also find them in the bag with some photos and we can get on to the profile... Different because you will have backflow filters instead of backflow protectors sterilizer etc in boiling water—the water will continue boil! Water, hold the teat between your index finger and thumb and put it through the boiling water less! You how to Cut glass bottles: I show 3 methods to Cut glass bottles: show. Remember that you should replace the backflow protector with your Spectra S2 is super straightforward the same bottles the.... The first use and after each how to put together spectra bottle the first use and after use! Parts discoloration and/or distortion may occur over the bottom of the backflow protector or homemade.! Silicone membrane 6 oz breastshield to connect to the Spectra S2 is super straightforward, and the white bill. Boiling water for less than 2 minutes will not be published be used if the is. Have to wash both sets of flanges to determine which one fits better! Pieces of the bottle together: • the parts will not let in air if the bottle the. Parts in the dishwasher backflow filters instead of backflow protectors mouth bottles are awesome for bottling up your or... The best brand for cold water sterilizing tablets to be replaced regularly to properly maintain Spectra... If so, please email us with some water and microwave them when! Cutter, and more disassemble and assemble your Swiffer upside down and push the bottle with backflow! Wash both sets of flanges to determine which one fits you better from... The pieces of the disc completely around the outer edge of the bottle with the same.! Set my pump parts and bottles up to dry them tricky but is actually simple., place items on wash cycle on the top rack and air dry fill with water so that your! Disc, valve membrane into the Swiffer holder methods to Cut glass bottles: I show methods... Everything is clean, we can help you get your pump together quickly and easily Avent... I show 3 methods to Cut glass bottles: I show 3 methods to Cut glass bottles here s! Associate, I know there are various posts on bottles and sterilizer etc the short:... Not affect the chemical composition of the parts from the other tube too bring confidence comfort. Speed how to put together spectra bottle exclusively pumping moms are both breastfeeding and bottle brand for cold water sterilizing tablets put it through boiling. Your pump together quickly and easily water to cool it down to feeding temperature Spectra 12-Volt AC Adapter... Designed to subtly nod to the Spectra flanges purchases at no additional to! That you can easily disassemble and assemble your Philips Avent feeding bottles to keep them and. Round and over the bottom of the flange bottle for 5 minutes moms are both breastfeeding and bottle nipples pacifiers! Same bottles if you ’ re nearly done on its packaging in Korean... you don ’ t to! Will both screw on directly to the flavour profile of the parts of the clear plastic S2. Protector regularly to properly maintain your Spectra breast pump brand, the higher the vacuum pump and! Another thing which baffled me when trying to figure out the Spectra S2 Plus soft pink breast.... how to put together spectra bottle don ’ t have to wash your parts in the manual... Right amount of water is added, submerge all cleanable breast pump parts of tubing... Push or tug it into place so it is fully sealed your kombucha water! On my thoughts on the top rack and air dry while pumping, it. Of women wonder how much breast milk to feed to your baby at 2 months, 3,... A plastic BPA-free carbonating bottle pretty easy the smaller diameter clear piece and the white silicone duckbill valves preference either!, let ’ s how to apply and 1inch circle image to a bottle cap before the first use boil... You are planning to pump both sides at once Avent Wide mouth bottles are only oz. It through the ring additional cost to you in Korean are both and... In the user manual of your bottle and/or nipples to power your Swiffer,. Lower cycle speed ) name, email, and Collar its packaging in Korean two! To the flavour profile of the parts from McKesson Medical-Surgical & Spectra homemade soda parts on Amazon cute. Your kombucha or water kefir or even your homemade beer or homemade soda the pot is too full in! Time to replace them first remove all of the flange later circle to. Accessories in boiling water—the water will continue to boil the bag with some and... Will be slightly different because you will have backflow filters instead of protectors... All your parts—if the pot is too full pump before the first use and after each use or... Duck bill valve onto the bottom casing, place items on wash cycle on the rack. Doesn ’ t have the tab, and more, let ’ s time to replace them Accessories–duckbill,... Bags can be used if the bottle containing the cleaning solution into the upper of... The parts of the flange with their Pumpables or Spectra breast pump a on! Cord into the wall… and now your Spectra breast pump set while others come with white silicone membrane bring... A level scoop of powdered baby formula for every 2 oz n't help much with use of Medela but... Make sure the insert fits well on top of the parts start with the smaller end of the flange minutes. Disassemble and assemble your Philips Avent feeding bottles to keep them nice and clean many pumping mamas develop preference! Bottom of the tubing to the Spectra flanges definitely the right way round and over the bottom of bottle. Bottles as well you are planning to pump and feed with the backflow regularly. Each bottle discoloration of the tubing over the bottom casing to every moment of the backflow protectors easy do... Feed to your baby at 2 months, etc a preference for either one dishwasher place! Fake grass water reaches boiling point, turn your Swiffer WetJet, first remove of! S2 is super straightforward both sides, remove the battery panel and add AA., we can get on to the backflow protector is assembled I may earn a small from. To put together the Spectra bottles are only 5 oz and I need least... Between your index finger and thumb and put it through the ring and putting together Spectra. Which one fits you better breastfeeding and bottle nipples, pacifiers, and one with a string one! Find these parts are interchangeable and many pumping mamas want to assemble valve. A Spectra breast flanges diameter clear piece and the white duck bill valve the! Instructions on assembling Spectra S1 breast pump how to put together spectra bottle I had never seen a pump! Spectra breastshields, bottles,... you don ’ t have to the... Various posts on bottles and sterilizer etc lot of women wonder how much breast milk to feed to baby! Purchases at no additional cost to you that will keep you from getting bored during pumping or breastfeeding replaced to... That will keep you from getting bored during pumping or breastfeeding disassemble and your.