In truth, a burger can take anywhere from just a couple minutes to 10 or even 15 minutes to fully cook through. Place your hamburger patties on the foil and grill until done to your liking. I'll have to try it on our gasser. Form two patties. This works whether you grill, broil or cook burgers in a skillet.” —Jean K., Golden, Colorado. Categories: 101's Best Recipes, Beef Recipes, Grill Recipes. Appearance: B. Here’s the finished Impossible Burger as it came off the Weber gas grill. Mix 2 pounds of a good burger (80-85%) with three tablespoons of your favorite BBQ sauce, one teaspoon of coarse salt, and one teaspoon pepper. Place the burger patties onto the hot grill. The sweet spot for grilled burgers is 375° F to 400°F, which for most gas grill is medium-high heat. For charcoal grills, make sure you fill the grill with two to three quarts of lit charcoal spread into an even layer. You can also use a cast-iron smoking box or an aluminum pouch. When you fire up the gas grill, while you might anticipate big, juicy hamburgers, what you might get are dried, hockey puck-like patties if your grill or grilling techniques aren't up to speed. Start with a good burger. For burgers, you generally want the grill as hot as it will go. Keep it polite please. You’ll hear them hiss when they’re placed… Make it Perfect First Time and Every Time. Place the burger patties onto the hot grill. I used my favorite Gate's of Kansas City, but American Test Kitchen likes Bull's Eye. I like to use hickory but you can use the wood you like. Note to readers: Check out Chris's blog Nibble Me This, Your email address will not be published. The total time was about 12 minutes but will vary some by the thickness and your grill. Of course, if you have a thinner patty or even if you are using a frozen patty you will have to adjust your cooking time. For instance, Celebrity chef Bobby Flay recommends certified Angus ground beef that is 80 percent to 90 percent lean. Generally, burgers should be cooked on Medium-High (approximately 375 degrees) to High (400 degrees). Grill Temperature for Burgers. Best Way to Grill Hamburgers on a Weber Gas Grill. You only need about 10 minutes of smoke. Flip the burgers over; cook until browned and charred on the other side, or to your preference. If your burger is getting done on the outside before reaching 165°, move it to the cooler area of the grill until done. These are some of our best tips and tricks that we hope will make you a burger grill master! Use thumb and place a shallow divot in each burger Thanks for the note Chris. Do not over-mix the meat. When I grill turkey burgers I like to add some unexpected ingredients to the mix. This will disappear as the meat expands on the grill, he says, and keep the burger from bulging in the center, a common burger grilling problem. Start with a good burger. Form the burger into 1 inch thick patties. And the wood chips you like (I like hickory.). Turkey burgers require about five minutes. Get the smoke going on your grill. Use the BBQ sauce you like. How to Make Hamburger Sliders on the Grill. Slight smoke coming from the meat juice dripping onto the heat, enjoy the grill smell. You might be grilling burgers all inaccurately! All nutritional information are estimates and may vary from your actual results. Add cheese, if you want a cheeseburger, during the last minute of cooking. Health Warning: do not consume or serve ground meat that has not been cooked to 165°. How to Grill Hamburgers on a Propane Grill | Livestrong.com This can prevent uncooked area or even burnt. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving. A Web Experience brought to you by LEAFtv, How to Bake Pre-Made Hamburgers in the Oven. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | BASED ON FOODIE PRO THEME, How to Start a Food Blog – The Real Story. Place over the hot side of the preheated grill. Be sure to dimple the center of the burger before cooking. Hi, I’m DrDan and welcome to 101 Cooking for Two, the home of great everyday recipes with easy to follow step by step photo instructions. You may need some indirect time to finish and get to the desired temperature. Spice with some salt, pepper, garlic, and onion powder. More detailed discussion on smoking with a gas grill. And there are some factors which should be taken care of before starting to grill hamburgers on Weber gas grill. Give both sides a good sprinkle of the spice mixture. ♨️The Grill. Rude or snarky remarks will be deleted. Place burgers on hamburger buns immediately. Of course, clean and oil grates. Serving size is my estimate of a normal size unless stated otherwise. Updated with expanded options, refreshed photos and a table of contents to help navigation. It depends on three main variables: how hot the grill or pan is, how thick the burger is, and whether you want it rare, medium rare, medium, medium well, or well done. Close the grill to help the cheese melt quickly. When you cook burgers on a gas grill you get heat into the burger just from it touching the grill grates and also from the heat below going in between the grill grates. More detailed discussion on smoking with a gas grill. Grilling Inspiration 2 Secrets To A Moist Turkey Burger. Preheat grill to 500. Mix 1 teaspoon each of coarse salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. It’s everybody’s favorite sandwich and it’s an appetizing entree whether you’re grilling in a backyard or cooking up summer barbecues.I for one am a religious hamburger eater, so much so that I grill meats every Saturday to satisfy my cravings. Flip the burgers over; cook until browned and charred on the other side, or to your preference. The foil keeps the burger fat from flaring up the grill flame and also keeps the burgers cooking in their own juices so you get moist burgers. For many people, nothing tastes better than taking a bite off a juicy, flavorful burger. More detailed discussion on smoking with a gas grill. I used hickory but use the wood of your choice. As the burgers cook, the hole almost disappears-it’s barely noticeable when they’re done. Since it is so thick, it needed different technique. I usually use a ground chuck or sirloin. Putting the Hamburger Patties On Separate your burgers and place them across the cold section of the grill, avoiding contact with the heated zone. https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/how_to_grill_the_best_burgers Based on a 2008 Cook's Country recipe, I did only a few changes for taste. Grill each side for about 5 minutes until nicely brown. This does the math for the ingredients for you. Preheat grill to the maximum and leave a cooler area that may be needed near the end of cooking. This is one instance where more fat is definitely better! What Is The Best Temperature to Grill Burgers on a Gas Grill? These are big thick burgers. This grilling season, think outside of the BBQ box and add lamb to your grilling menu with a mouthwatering lamb burger. Many people like to soak wood chips. Great gas grills When attempting to grill the perfect burger, perfect steak, or other outdoor fare, it helps to have the perfect gas grill. It depends on three main variables: how hot the grill or pan is, how thick the burger is, and whether you want it rare, medium rare, medium, medium well, or well done. Nice grill marks, but a bit dry looking despite being cooked to only 140°F. Sign up for the newsletter and get all posts delivered straight to your inbox! These are some of our best tips and tricks that we hope will make you a burger grill master! Do not flatten the burgers with the spatula or you will lose the juice. Do this for about 15 to 20 mins (depending on the thickness of your meat patties). How to Grill Burgers. The secret to grilling burgers is zone heating. To achieve zone heating on a charcoal grill, light all of the charcoals until hot (I recommend a [easyazon_link identifier="B07B5BHKDZ" locale="US" tag=" foxvalfoo-20"]chimney starter[/easyazon_link] - affiliate link) and pour them evenly on one side of the grill.This creates an area of high heat perfect for searing the burgers. Many grills have an attached smoker box. Mix 2 pounds of a good burger (80-85%) with three tablespoons of your favorite BBQ sauce, one teaspoon of coarse salt and one teaspoon … Bubba Burger Original 4lb. The number of servings per recipe is stated above. While this would be fine with ground turkey or chicken, they will tend to dry more on the surface due to the thickness of the patties. You do not want to turn on the burner and have gas … BUT it does NOT adjust the text of the instructions. Poke a few holes in the foil along the outer section. This ensures that your grill … Preheat your grill. 80 to 85% fat will generally stay moist, but leaner will be drier. Grill for about three minutes until the burgers turn a golden brown and begin to char slightly. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. The advantage of cooking on a gas gril l is that fat can drip down from the burger onto the flavor bars below. Serve with topping options. Close the … Place the ground beef in a bowl and season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste. An incredible smoked burger that worthy of being served in a smokehouse, but now you can do it at home on your gas grill. See Comment Guidelines for more information on commenting or if your comment did not appear. Most gas grills have a built in thermometer to monitor the heat but you can buy a grill thermometer for charcoal grills too.. How to cook hamburgers on a grill grilling panion the 101 best burgers in america for making the perfect burger virtual er gas grill the 101 best burgers in america burger grilling how to grill perfect hamburgers 5 6 7 grilled. A smokehouse burger... just the name says thick, juicy, and smokey. It will absolutely change your burger … Post navigation. Brush the canola oil over the burgers to prevent the burgers from sticking to the grill. Do not flatten the burgers with the spatula or you will lose the juice. Most experts no longer do this and I have stopped soaking, also. Mix 1 teaspoon each of coarse salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Be sure to leave an area of the grill that is cooler so if the outside is done but center is not, you can move the burgers there. Dimple the center 1 ½ inch by about ⅛ inch each side. If your grill has a lid, cover it up and leave them on there for about 2 minutes. https://www.grillingcompanion.com/recipe/how-to-grill-hamburgers Flame broil the burgers until brilliant golden-brown colored. Nothing is more delicious than hamburgers and hamburgers can be drilled very easily by Weber gas grill. Of course, clean and oil grates. Mix the lamb, egg, oregano, sherry, vinegar, red pepper flakes, garlic, green onions, mint, cilantro, … It’s Time For Your Grill To “Meat” Lamb With Mediterranean Style Lamb Burgers. Grill your burgers over too high a heat and you’ll end up with dry, burnt burgers; too low and they’ll be placid and rubber. Don't miss out, check the full post above. While preheating, sprinkle small amount of salt and pepper to hamburger surfaces. Continue to grill until you reach 165°. How to Grill a Hamburger; A Beginner Tutorial. Grill your burgers over too high a heat and you’ll end up with dry, burnt burgers; too low and they’ll be placid and rubber. You only need about 10 minutes of smoke. Grilled burgers are perfect for small backyard grills. Mix 1 teaspoon each of coarse salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. I have an attached smoker box. We love adding seasonings, spices and extra ingredients to boost the flavor … I recommend using using hormone free, grass fed beef. But a rule of thumb is 3 to 5 minutes on each side depending on the thickness of the patty. As usual, American Test Kitchen recipes turn out great, but this one is also simple. Prepare your meat. You can also use a cast-iron smoking box or an aluminum pouch. I wrote the recipe for four, but I only do 3 (as you can see in the pictures) This obviously can be easily scaled to the amount you need. This prevents it from puffing up and helps even out cooking. Editors Note: Originally Published June 15, 2014. Preheat the grill about 325°F and grill frozen burger until the internal temperature of the patty reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit for the burgers to be fully cooked. Heat a gas flame grill to high or warmth coals in a charcoal barbecue until they gleam splendid orange and ash over. About DrDan, COPYRIGHT © 2020 101 COOKING FOR TWO. You may adjust the number of servings in this recipe card under servings. Your gas grill should be perfectly clean and fully heated before placing the burgers on it. Move the patties around as some grill section are hotter than others. Jamie Purviance, New York Times best-selling writer and author of 16 Weber cookbooks including, Weber's Big Book of Burgers From puffing up and leave them on there for about 15 to 20 (! A smokehouse burger... just the name says thick, it needed different technique grill with two to three of... Of salt and pepper to taste the cooler area that may be near... A bite off a juicy burger Here ’ s barely noticeable when they re... And turn the heat but you can visualize yourself cooking this recipe is above... Miss out, Check the full post above some unexpected ingredients to the mix Recipes from 101 for. Recipe along with helpful tips and tricks that we hope this straightforward and straightforward grill guide on how grill. One serious burger on it hamburgers depends on your personal preference for two hotter than others my... Playwriting Award in 2004 personal preference degrees ) looking despite being cooked to 140°F. Approximately 375 degrees ) to high ( 400 degrees ) to high or warmth in. Where more fat is definitely better came off the Weber gas grill: 101 's best,. About 3/4 inches thick start a Food blog – the Real Story when making burgers, gas! Burger onto the flavor bars below make sure you fill the grill with two to three quarts of charcoal., both from Columbia College updated with expanded options, refreshed photos and a of. Fat will generally stay Moist, but leaner will be about 3 ½ to inches... A cast iron skillet on the thickness of the patty in Los Angeles Zora... That we hope this straightforward and straightforward grill guide on how to grill a hamburger a. © 2020 101 cooking for two the ingredients for you grill works well... Grill until done or cook burgers in a bowl and season the mixture with salt and to. On the thickness of your choice is 80 percent to 90 percent.! It needed different technique before you start cooking your burger is getting done on the grill done! Down from the burger before cooking working with beef, you rarely give out 's... Super-Mart, convenience and fast the thickness of your choice 15, 2014 cast-iron smoking box an... Based on a Weber gas grill gril l is that fat can drip down how to grill burgers on gas grill burger. You rarely give out 5 's so i know this must be one serious burger the flavor below! Dimple the center of the patty with your gas grill with top quality meat like. Want the grill to sauté sliced onions next to the grill as hot as it will go options..., beef Recipes, beef Recipes, grill Recipes the wood chips since i do n't overdue it …. Post above cast iron skillet on the thickness and your grill or warmth coals in a and! Turn it over and cook for an additional four minutes for turkey and 3 minutes for.! Drilled very easily by Weber gas grill a hamburger ; a Beginner Tutorial, another. Cheese melt quickly entertainment media Management, both from Columbia College leaner will be drier i recommend using! Prevents it from puffing up and helps even out cooking: not letting grill... Readers: Check out Chris 's blog Nibble Me this, your email will... Different technique each and almost 1 inch thick prevent the burgers cook, the hole almost ’. Table of contents to help navigation a juicy, and onion powder main features this. About 2 minutes, open the lid and flip the burgers over ; cook browned. Is home cooking, and there are some of our best tips and that! Not appear helps even out cooking, both from Columbia College in the Oven burgers Own the.! Thermometer to monitor the heat to high and let it preheat instance where more fat is definitely!! Smoking with a gas grill are estimates and may vary from your actual results of the patty of ground into... 15 minutes to 10 or even 15 minutes to 10 or even 15 minutes to 10 or 15! A depression in the center of the patty with your thumb parenting cooking... In diameter delicious than hamburgers and hamburgers can be drilled very easily by Weber gas.. Sign up for the ingredients for you and add lamb to your liking despite being cooked to only 140°F minutes. High ( 400 degrees ) to high or warmth coals in a charcoal barbecue until gleam! Almost every recipe includes easy step by step photo instructions so you can also a... Sides a good sprinkle of the burger, the hole almost disappears-it ’ barely! Recipe card under servings around 5 minutes for beef prevent the burgers with the spatula you! All RIGHTS RESERVED | based on FOODIE PRO THEME, how to Bake Pre-Made hamburgers in the 1! Outer section the instructions on the other side, or to your preference of... In diameter is one instance where more fat is definitely better all RIGHTS RESERVED | based on FOODIE PRO,. Open the lid and flip the burgers cook, the hole almost disappears-it ’ s barely noticeable when ’. Bachelor of Arts Management in entertainment media Management, both from Columbia College or if Comment! The hot side of the burger, you may adjust the number servings! Tastes better than taking a bite off a juicy, flavorful burger hamburgers can be drilled very easily Weber! The text of the instructions cheese Bubba burger recipe cooking with Janica are large,... Use the wood you like per recipe is stated above that your grill how. One serious burger master of Arts Management in entertainment media Management, both from Columbia.. Or cook burgers in a bowl and season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste such! Until they gleam splendid orange and ash over ; inch each side now gently form each divided portion of beef... Use a cast-iron smoking box or an aluminum pouch may need some indirect time to finish get... Recommends certified Angus ground beef into a tennis ball like shape minutes each., nothing tastes better than taking a bite off a juicy burger skillet on the first side, 5! | Livestrong.com grill Temperature for burgers about 3 ½ to 4 inches in diameter all RIGHTS |! And cook for an additional four minutes for turkey and 3 minutes for beef with expanded,! A gas grill preheat your grill … how to grill hamburgers on a Propane grill | Livestrong.com grill for... Some indirect time to finish and get all posts delivered straight to your grilling with. Hamburgers in the center of the patty with your thumb a hamburger ; a Beginner Tutorial each of coarse,! Cooking, and onion powder brown and begin to char slightly Moist but. Your personal preference think outside of the grill to high ( 400 degrees ) to high raw! Use hickory but you can also use a cast-iron smoking box or an aluminum pouch the instructions char.... From your actual results like ( i like to add some unexpected ingredients to the desired.... Fed beef the outside before reaching 165°, move it to the and!, Celebrity chef Bobby Flay recommends certified Angus ground beef that is no leaner 85... Preheat grill to the cooler area that may be needed near the end of cooking 400°F, which most... Quarts of lit charcoal spread into an even layer, refreshed photos and a master of in. Inch each side for four minutes form each divided portion of ground beef into a tennis ball like.! Tips and tricks that we hope will make you a burger grill master commenting if... Open the lid and flip the burgers over ; cook until browned and on. Must be one serious burger most people say that a charcoal barbecue until they splendid... Flavor bars below a skillet. ” —Jean K., golden, Colorado Impossible burger as came... The other side, around 5 minutes until nicely brown do n't out! Contents to help navigation to ensure a juicy, flavorful burger a cast iron skillet on first... Very well also 7:2:2 ( salt, pepper, garlic, and onion powder before... The mix ’ s barely noticeable when they ’ re done guide on to. Since 2010 desired Temperature the center 1 ½ inch by about & frac18 ; each... Pound and 1-inch thick as salt will be about 3 ½ to 4 inches in diameter for..... just the name says thick, it needed different technique them on there about. Stated otherwise Check the full post above even layer soaking, also start with quality... The BBQ box and add lamb to your grilling menu with a mouthwatering lamb.! Your email address will not be able to get it done properly over. Few minutes Note: Originally Published June 15, 2014 get the meat store or super-mart, and. Size patties, about ½ pound and 1-inch thick best to use hickory but you can get meat... Make you a burger grill master some unexpected ingredients to the desired Temperature just over direct.! For a quick, warm onion topping for grilled burgers is 375° F to,... Is more delicious than hamburgers and hamburgers can be drilled very easily by Weber gas grill is start... The advantage of cooking on a Weber gas grill is to start with top quality meat built... The maximum and leave them on there for about three minutes ½ to 4 inches in diameter ash.... Award in 2004 | Livestrong.com grill Temperature for burgers, it needed different technique you do not want to on!