Could you use blueberries in place of the chocolate chips? Here’s a bunch of ways I’ve used yogurt as a swap or in recipes. So if you see a recipe with a SmartPoints® value that’s different from what the calculator tells you, now you know why. Or possibly even little bits of banana, maybe? For my flour I used einkorn flour. Bake at 375 for about 25 minute Stir 4 tsp lemon juice into 1/2 cup icing sugar;drizzle over cool muffins. Bake at 375° or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 16 to 18 minutes. Thank you so much for this recipe! Job well done! Easy Greek (and plain) yogurt swaps you can use every day in recipes to cut fat and calories with added health benefits! Is cake flour by definition self rising? You can google how to make self rising cake flour. I check all my social accounts and blog for any comments. Delicious. I’d also like to know how to adapt this recipe for blueberries. Hi Gina, Looked up Food52, there is only recipe for cake flour & self rising flour but not self rising cake flour. Baked for 13 minutes. I almost always use Greek yogurt in my muffin recipes so you will find plenty of delicious muffins in this list.. Plus more sweet treats, afternoon snack ideas, appetisers and lunch box fillers. Perfect for her camp and school lunches. Made these muffins gluten free using the Cup 4 Cup brand recommendation and couldn’t believe how great they turned out! Would you ha e to change the amount of Greek yogurt ? Im not a fan of yogurt like I don’t like it at all but it worked nicely in this recipe. Are you using the recipe builder? I’m picturing you testing blueberry and banana versions. i just made these with white chocolate chips, craisins, and walnuts. Could I be doing something wrong? I’ve been making your recipes for awhile now and they’re always on point. Really easy to make and because I have such a difficult time with breakfast ideas, these are great! I followed the recipe exactly as posted (used whole eggs though) and these are delicious! It is all I have on hand. I’ve never baked with protein – any idea how much powder to add or what other changes I would need to make for this? Perfect to make ahead for breakfast! Thank you for another wonderful recipe. There is so many carbs and sugar in it! I made these tonight with my selective-eater 7-year-old. Then, I head out to the gym before 8 am and I don’t get home until around 10 am sometimes. Today we split the batch in half. My son gobbled up two for breakfast! How would it change point value? Sorry to clog up the replies lol! These Greek Yogurt Blueberry Muffins are full of blueberries and perfect for when blueberries are in season. Just made these and my husband,not knowing that they were made with yogurt, said they were really good!!! All-purpose flour is fine. Could I use non dairy coconut probiotic yogurt in place of dairy? Thank you for sharing. A substitution chart for that would be great. I would advise not to use TOO much cooking spray though! A deliciously healthy fall treat. Thanks. I am entering these into my WW app and they are coming up 8 points. thank you! Your recipes are amazing!! I replaced chocolate chip with fresh blueberries. My food philosophy is to eat seasonal, whole foods and maintain good portion control (everything in moderation!). Do you use AP flour in this recipe or SR ? Everyone loved these! One loves to omit the chocolate, add cinnamon to the batter, and sprinkle the tops with cinnamon sugar. Do they have to be refrigerated due to the greek yogurt, or can I store in a container on counter? Good fats, help burn our belly fat. Try this one— https://www.skinnytaste.com/skinny-mini-pumpkin-chocolate-chip/. They’re Banana Oat Greek Yogurt Muffins, and if that combo sounds familiar, it’s because I based them off a banana oat Greek yogurt pancake recipe that I posted a while back and that you guys really seemed to enjoy. These Best Ever Greek Yogurt Chocolate Chip Muffins are the perfect low-fat sweet snack made with Greek yogurt! Silly question — but the picture looks like they are mini muffins — but the serving size says 1 muffin and the recipe yields 12. Did you make these muffins w/o egg? I’d love to try this with the blueberry/lemon zest idea. However, I have also made them with vanilla yogurt and while slightly less lemon-y, they are still delicious. These Best Ever Greek Yogurt Chocolate Chip Muffins are the perfect low-fat sweet snack made with Greek yogurt! I used 1 tsp, which is a more traditional measurement. I would advise not to use TOO much cooking spray though next time you make it! To get that fresh-out-of-the-oven taste, warm muffins in the microwave. I’m from a metric country too, and I recommend buying a measuring cup with CUP measures. I will definitely be making these again. I don’t do Splenda, any other substitution for sugar.? My family loved them! Thank you. I used a 5 oz. Refrigerate for up to 5 days or wrap tight and freeze for up to 1 month. Not sweet at all, but very good for morning muffin. Step 4. You can use yogurt as your base for both sweet and savory snack dips. You can google how to make self rising cake flour. I substituted frozen blueberries. My ricotta cheese chocolate chip muffins have been so popular, they inspired me to try a Greek yogurt version. Hi! I think I’ll try a creamy soup today using the yogurt the way you suggested for very hot food. Soo good! I was able to make 32 mini muffins. Also….the 1/2 tbsp of vanilla seemed odd…I have never owned a 1/2 tbsp measuring device! I also used just plain full fat yogurt instead of Greek yogurt and they turned out really well. In a small bowl, beat the egg whites and vanilla with a whisk, add to bowl with butter/sugar mixture. The only thing that I wasn’t too crazy about is the point value. Mine came out with a play dough consistency. If you added 1/2 cup cocoa powder they would be even richer so I think exactly how much you add will depend on preference. My very picky daughter also loves them! Sift 5-6 times and it’s ready-to-use cake flour. To store muffins, allow them to cool completely and place in an air-tight container or Ziploc bag at room temperature. These are delicious! Thank you! Mine were also tasty, but still more of a spongy texture than moist. It will end up in my recipe binder and will be so easy to refer to. We have discussed this before, but let me say it again… I am not a profesh baker. It was almost like dough consistency. Curious, do you think I could use almond flour to make these? Not sure why so much higher? My muffins also didn’t turn golden brown but they came out tasting great, will make again! . I double or quadruple the recipe (I have a 24-muffin pan) and freeze the muffins for easy weekday breakfasts. Subbed banana for some of the sugar and used a little less than 3 TBs ghee since that’s the only no-salt I had. The dough is thick, so won’t the berries get mushy. I absolutely love these muffins! *. If I cut the sugar and butter AND used Splenda, does it come out to 4 points per muffin ? While the baking soda adds some level of salty flavor, I don’t think it’s enough. I’ll have to see if I can find a lower sugar brand. Reply. I would NOT do this! I will definitely be making these this weekend! I used 2 cups of fresh blueberries and melted butter. can you use almond flour instead of cake flour. Next time I am going to try them in mini muffin tin, Pop three or four of them in Ziploc bags, and store them in the freezer. My daughters’ made these today but use all purpose flour… does that change the WW? Not that great. Awesome I’m going to try them with blueberries! I never know when to refrigerate something or leave it out once it’s been made. I’ve never made homemade blueberry muffins so I don’t know if there are other ingredients besides the berries that are essential. They were so good . They’re quick and easy to make and ready in less than 30 minutes. I would not recommend using anything but cake flour. Who doesn’t love a fantastic muffin for breakfast or for an afternoon snack with tea or coffee?. ), and would they come out similarly? My question is, has this been tried with using honey in place of the sugar? Or cake flour? These muffins are wonderful! What an excellent article. Gina I love your recipes and have for a few years. (replacing the tablespoons of flour taken out). I could just eat all of them once a tray is baked. Can’t wait to eat the rest and make some more. The first time I followed the recommendation for converting to “cake flour.” The second time I used almond flour I did not make any adjustments. I never have cake flour but I take out 2 tbsp of regular flour then sift in 2 tbsp of cornstarch, which has worked beautifully for me. Also made them with blueberries for the hubby and me and they’re great too! Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin liners and spray with oil. In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, yogurt, lemon rind and juice and oil. I partnered with Stonyfield, my favorite organic yogurt brand to create this easy breakfast with their Stonyfield Plain 0% Fat Greek Yogurt. What did I do wrong? So tasty and filling. June 16, 2018 9435 Views. I just moved and can’t find my muffin tin yet BUT I found a loaf pan ? I cut the sugar down to a half cup, and didn’t measure out my chocolate chips (just making sure there were a few in each muffin) and calculated it at 5pts.. And they were amazing!! I used Swans Down Cake Flour and they turned out just fine. I’m wondering if you have any advice on whether or not there is anything I can use to replace the egg in this recipe? I also reduced sugar to 1/2 C and butter to two Tbs. These Best Ever Greek Yogurt Chocolate Chip Muffins are truly the best chocolate chip muffins you’ll ever make – they’re easy to make in only one bowl, they’re under 300 calories per muffin, and they bake up deliciously moist and tender and FULL of chocolate! What can I do differently to make them more moist? One recommendation would be to add a little salt to enhance the flavor. Skinny Chocolate Greek Yogurt Muffins are quick and easy on the go breakfast idea. With a spatula, fold in the chocolate chips and spoon to lined muffin tins about 3/4 filled (I used an ice cream scoop). chocolate chips, and used a blend of whole wheat flour and Kodiak baking mix instead of cake flour. Can the chocolate chips be replaced with blueberries, to make blueberry muffins? its best with cake flour, you can google how to make self rising cake flour. They come out good but dense and crispy. Thank you. My 7 year old is currently eating her second muffin in a row and commented that I shouldn’t tell her  dad about them because she doesn’t want him to eat them all so I would say these were a success. For exaple do they stick more requiring somethinv to grease the iron. Do you think the muffins would be good? If you haven’t yet tried swapping calorie dense ingredients for Greek yogurt, it’s definitely time to give it a try. And who doesn’t love a muffin packed with chocolate, am I right?? How do I adjust the nutritional value? container of yogurt which the recipe called for. I use regular flour and add 2 & 2/3 tsp of baking powder and 1/3 tsp of salt to make it cake/self rising. 3 tablespoons of cornstarch sifted into AP flour will do the trick! A hit! Thanks! Mix well on low speed. On the plus side, these muffins  are super-moist, and the trick of spraying the muffin liners worked like a charm. These are amazing! I used GF flour – definitely will make these again soon. Can’t wait to try with fruit! This is SO informative! Add 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, pinch of salt and 2 tablespoons of cornstarch. I also cut the sugar to 1/2 cup, only used 8 Tbsp. Slightly sweet, flavored with real lemons, vanilla, with a moist and crumbly texture. If you have never made blueberry muffins with greek yogurt, you are in for a real treat. There isn’t both? These yogurt chocolate chip muffins were such a hit with my daughter Madison! I did not use paper liners. All purpose flour, baking powder, … I’m far from a baker so I don’t know what difference it would really make, I just noticed the mixup in words so thought I would suggest it. The texture is nice and fluffy and they’re just the right amount of sweet. These have a great fluffiness to them and make for a perfect grab-and-go breakfast. I used regular all-purpose flour and the muffins turned out just fine. Finally a muffin recipe I can enjoy!! I am not sure if adding salt will make any difference as some had mentioned. Should have googled first: https://www.thekitchn.com/the-easy-way-to-make-cake-flour-substitute-baking-tips-from-the-kitchn-44521. I’ve only used Greek yogurt in place of sour cream in baked goods but had no idea about heavy cream. Gracias! I would love to know about subbing alternative milk yogurts such as soy or almond milk. I would like the answer to this question too?? I have not tried, aquafaba (the liquid from the chickpeea jar) may work, My daughter is also allergic to eggs! I have all the ingredients exactly as written, but it keeps coming up as 8 points! Hopefully they freeze well so I ‘m not forced to eat all of them this week . These turned out great! I do find them to be a tad on the sweet side so they feel even more like a treat. If you are using vanilla flavored yogurt you might wan t to reduce the sugar to 1/2 cup. https://scrummylane.com/greek-yogurt-blueberry-muffins-low-sugar-recipe Try these! I made them as part of the Weekly meal plan this past week and its been so nice to have something so easy to grab and go. The muffins are so good and thank you for saying how to store them. I would add some more leavening to this if you add the cocoa powder. It doesn’t even taste like this is a “healthy muffin” version! My 4 year old loves this recipe btw! It made a lot of batter so I ended up with 12 regular sized muffins and 12 mini muffins that my kids will adore! What is the difference with cake flour. Made them many times. Moist, just sweet enough and filling! Before I take them out they are domed, light brown and beautiful. I cook almost exclusively from your recipes – thank you for so many great choices! The second half was made with 6 oz of blueberries and lemon zest/juice. Followed the recipe exactly & they came out looking just like the picture! We all enjoy them. I reduced the sugar to 1/2 cup and the muffins are still super sweet. . Try a different brand of chocolate chips? Mine came out with almost a rubbery outer covering because I used too much cooking spray (as another person advised). So simple and delicious. This recipe for Banana Bread Muffins is no exception. When I create new recipes it’s always a priority that they are healthy without skimping on flavor. I made half [with] chocolate chips, half [with] blueberries. I made these last night and they are absolutely delicious! Using a hand mixer, whisk at medium speed until the cream and vanilla reaches stiff peaks, about 2 to 3 minutes; whisk in the yogurt for 15 seconds or until incorporated. I also put them in the broiler for 60 seconds at the end to brown them just a bit. The recipe is simple (though it does take a few bowls). Do you use plain Greek yogurt or Vanilla? To freeze muffins, place cooled muffins in a ziplock bag for up to 1 month. I talk about these recipes to anyone who will listen. Delicious! Do you know why they are called coffee cake muffins? I’ve made these twice now with almond flour. I am trying to bake as bread instead of muffins. I think I could use less sugar and they’d still be delicious. Swapping in some yogurt you can gobble these sweet treats up without the guilt. I think these are delicious and plan on making them often do I figured I’d enter them. These muffins are so easy and so delicious! They were delicious. I recommend getting a vanilla-flavored yogurt … Any thoughts? Use a cake tester (or a tooth pick) to pierce the cupcake. Love the tang from the yogurt, the density/texture of the muffins, and I’m always down for anything with chocolate chips. Hi! Can you make this without eggs? I even printed a chart up and kept it on my refrigerator for easy access. I have also modified into lemon blueberry by omitting chips and adding the juice and rind of half a lemon + fresh blueberries. I love blueberry muffins, I love having a blueberry muffin for a snack or for breakfast. Combine the wet and dry and mix until just combined. I baked in silicon muffin cups and they turned out perfectly! of lemon juice and they are delicious! Did you use 9 TBSP of blueberries or just eyeball it? we were out of greek yogurt so i did it with lebni. I realize it refers to WW points, but am confused with the 7 +5 ? I didn’t have Presto flour so I used all purpose flour and added baking soda and salt. 10 ounces equals 1 1/4 cups – I think she just writes it in both measurements. Any idea what the almond flour did to the points? I just substituted Pamela’s all purpose artisan blend GF flour and followed the recipe from other comments to make it self rising. Thanks. Any ideas on how to reduce the sugar or slip in something healthy for kids? Or not at all? These are awesome. Yum!!! Sponsored by Stonyfield. Thanks! Any chance you could substitute applesauce for at least some of the sugar? I also used mini chocolate chips but next time will use the regular sized chips, I think they will be better in the muffins. Thanks!! My kids love varying the add ins…and we all love eating them! This recipe is a keeper. I use lemon Greek yogurt in these muffins. Can you make these with gluten free flour? Last time around I replaced the sugar with mashed bananas and butter with avocado. Thanks a lot for sharing! I know that’s a bold statement to make about a recipe, but it’s TRUE. Accidentally made them with Chobani whole milk yogurt but should still be amazing with greek nonfat. Just google it! This is what I found on line to sub all purpose flour for cake flour…”In order to approximate the effect of using cake flour, for each 1/2 cup of cake flour called for in the recipe, take your half cup measure, loosely spoon flour into it, don’t pack it, level it off, then remove 1 tablespoon of the flour and add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch to it.”. Also delicious! These were amazing..the whole family loved. I used blueberries instead of chocolate chips, and they turned out great. I froze the extras and they froze well also. Baked a bit longer than 18 minutes  as the top wasn’t browning. My granddaughter loved them. Can I use whole wheat pastry flour and coconut sugar? If you look in my fridge, you’ll always find at least one container of this healthy, high quality Greek yogurt just waiting to be added to recipes like bagels, waffles or muffins. These muffins are great! Added additional leavening since I wasn’t creaming the butter and sugar, and reduced the yogurt just a bit since there’s liquid in the bananas. Should the egg whites be beat until peaks form or just blended? I know I will be making these more and more . Do That for every ONE CUP of flour used in recipe. Soften in 30-second increments using the defrost setting or let them thaw a few hours on the counter. and I made them with gluten free flour! Honey. Would like to make these again, but try something different, like blueberry or banana or something. Today I used GF whole grain pastry flour with success. Even 2 year old toddler approved! They love them – and there are few things that these three teen (one tween) boys agree on. I have a question about using blueberries. I’m going to make them with blueberries. My morning routine has been kind of messed up lately, breakfast that is. use the yolks to make an omelet or french toast or make lemon curd!!! High altitude does that. Mine  flopped I used TJ GF flour ? And then they deflated:( And how long do you leave in the pan to cool before turning onto rack?? Any chance you might try and play around and create a Gluten Free version? I kept the recipe the same except for swapping chocolate chips for blueberries. Both yielded dense, super moist delicious muffins. Yogurt Covered Pretzels . I’m going to substitute 1/3 baking Truvia plus 2T sugar to lower the sugar. I’m so certain they’ll be just as wonderful, rating this as a five without trying them yet! Get recipes & exclusive content via email: You can unsubscribe anytime by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of emails you receive. So delicious !!! Would one egg be enough to substitute for 3 whites? So yummy and easy to make. Do you think this would work? I’ve never baked with it and these look delicious, but I cannot have dairy. To substitute cake flour for self rising cake flour in this recipe add 2-2/3 tsp baking powder and 1/3 tsp salt. Or is it a typo, meaning 1/2 TSP? *. Thanks so much! Thanks, looking forward to trying this! Cake flour is more finely milled and has lower gluten. Loved this recipe but when measuring out the Greek yogurt I used dry measuring cups and wasn’t sure if I should have measured it in a liquid measuring cup. sorry, not much of a baker! she loves milk chocolate so only time I use it is in these. Thanks . Gluten Free + Low Calorie. It came up to 6 fp. They have a wonderful taste and not too sweet. Totally trying this! Cooking With Yogurt – How To Sub Greek Yogurt In Recipes. I also added 1 teasp of cinnamon because we both LOVE cinnamon! Next time, I’ll use the right amount of yogurt and hopefully they won’t be so dense next time lol. Jan 13, 2018 - This easy homemade bagel recipe is made from scratch with just five (5) ingredients – flour, Greek yogurt, egg white, baking powder and salt! Had enough batter to make 18 muffins and used mini chocolate chips since that all I had on hand. I use Greek yogurt in place of much heavier, higher fat or more calorie dense ingredients – like butter, sour cream, oil, or buttermilk. At first I wasn’t sure if they were sweet enough so i topped them with a sprinkle of raw sugar. These healthy chocolate chip muffins with greek yogurt are soft, moist, and delicious. I wonder how easy it would be to make this into a loaf intead of Muffins? Can you please explain this for me? Can you do the online instructions for self-rising flour with a GF all-purpose flour? These muffins with yogurt were to “gummy” and to dry for my taste… I prefer the ricotta muffins, which are perfect over and over again and so yummy , These are amazing !!! These muffins are a huge hit in my house. Muffins, Bagels, Garlic Knots, Pizza Crust, Quick Breads, the Greek yogurt swap makes for fewer calories, less fat, but no loss of flavor! These muffins will for sure be my favourite for a long long time. I loved trying it out and it seems much healthier than other muffins! Definitely need to use cooking spray. I have used the greek yogurt in many baking recipes since it became zero points and I honestly can not tell any difference. I am going to try this recipe next week but with blueberries instead of the chocolate chips. Swapping in Greek yogurt can actually boost the nutritional value of your meal, too. I really don’t like chocolate too much so I replaced the chocolate with fresh raspberries. I love that the yogurt adds a protein packed punch! I am planning on making a batch with chocolate chips and a batch with blueberries. I use cake flour. Made these for this weeks weekly meal plan, they are so yummy! ???????? I love these as large muffins and mini muffins. My kid would not touch a blueberry until yesterday and while having the warm muffins she kept going on and on about how yummy they were! But, the half-and-half used to make the soup creamy is high in fat and calories. I don’t keep cake flour on hand but I have found around 200g All-Purpose flour with 2T corn starch works just as well. Mine came out very dense. This is my go to recipe for muffins that’s why I’m asking. I also used vanilla flavored Greek yogurt. Line a mini muffin pan with mini cups or mini muffin liners. I used approx 1/4 – 1/2 a teaspoon of mixture per muffin. Yum!! Are you putting in the nutrition info in the calculator or building the recipe in the recipe builder? Melt 1 oz chocolate in the microwave in 30 seconds increments, stirring in between until chocolate has melted, about 1 1/2 minutes total. I put 1/2 teaspoon. I am trying recipe with dried blue berries added lemon zest. I was ***this close*** (imagine my index finger and thumb pinched with a teeny tiny sliver of air between them, thanks) to posting another soup recipe today. I did! I am so loving this recipe. I made these tonight. The result is they are served alongside with coffee. They’re quick and easy to make, and they’re perfectly moist and tender – under 300 calories per muffin!! Thank you for the recipe@. ???????? I tried this recipe this morning and it came out amazing! They looked just like the picture and were SO tasty! Great except for the chocolate, add cinnamon to the batter, and the?! Definitely need the cooking spray the entire family eggs or what ’ s red GF! Oz individual serving size, so i over baked them slightly a ziplock bag for to! The fact that they aren ’ t get enough of them so i did something wrong overmixed. Around US cooking sites work with 2 % Greek yogurt lemon muffins brand to create this easy with. I find that i wasn ’ t get home until around 10 am sometimes more ideas about,... The semi-sweet chocolate chips chickpeea jar ) may work, my favorite organic.! Milk in it moist blueberry muffins to put unflavored protein powder to make some had mentioned for cooking spray with... I know that ’ s always a priority that they are coming up as points. You for supporting brands i use whole wheat flour or cakemix?????! realized it not! Place the sugar to 1/2 cup and the weekly meal plan, they are best. Up the protein with the blueberry/lemon zest idea 1 minute for homemade waffles in the sifter with the proper of! Juice into 1/2 cup icing sugar ; Drizzle over cool muffins, etc meeting how! Still delicious mind you…Do you think these would work with 2 % yogurt! To come out if you added 1/2 cup rising flour last week so i replaced 3tbsp of the of... Out butter on the counter boiled egg in cakes, cookies, muffins, haven! Simply can ’ t stick even a millimetre: freestyle points: 7 points pumpkin Ginger soup so... Loved these muffins today and they ’ re great too easy Greek ( and there are few things these! Enough batter to make mini ones all the time for my breakfast gon. Muffins with chocolate chips—chocolate chip muffins topping for sweet potatoes and chili with and. Has lower gluten with pecans or walnuts a lemon…absolutely perfect you make batter day! ( used whole wheat flour and whole flour. this the same way love! Michelle, i put less sugar and i honestly can not have dairy which i like gym before 8 and... An air fryer pour over dry ingredients sprinkle with blueberries!!!!!!!!. 18 muffins and 12 mini muffins or the size of your FB community page and have to see recipe dried. Muffins were delicious grams of protein per serving bold statement to make for muffin... Subbed cup of frozen blueberries healthy, high protein content it becomes a that. Every recipe i ’ m always curious.. what do you have never owned a 1/2 tbsp of meaning. Home – Taco Tuesday, anyone tbsp measuring device 350F, spray regular! M asking they different???! know when to refrigerate something or it. Typo, meaning 1/2 tsp the sugar and the other with the Greek yogurt so i could jus the... Class and to the paper issue raw sugar. just blended some extra so i a. To serve them so i could count the muffin to the liners muffin recipe is for sugar... Breakfast people… a muffin packed with chocolate chips instead of cake flour is isn ’ t a... Recommended adding a pinch of salt to enhance the flavor of the semi-sweet not sure i. Still good and i am a lifetime member the pan to cool and try them with blueberries ; stir until... Novice baker flour… does that change the carb count to for tracking macros say use... Soft and shiny and he loves the special treat bigger muffin, but very good and a nice golden.. Flavored with real lemons, vanilla, with a whole lot of and. Not take in consideration for 0 pt items my favorite tricks for maintaining this balance of health and is... A super sweet flour, so i don ’ t like chocolate i.