microwave-safe dish. INGREDIENTS. ... add the spinach, feta cheese, dill and mix. The pan sauce, despite being so simple, was so full of flavour and it really brought the meal home! Roast some potatoes while the chicken is in the oven to serve as a side dish. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil. Place folded breast halves in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. We're combining feta, a salty, tangy cheese, with baby spinach for a bonus serving of greens built in the stuffed chicken breast. Place chicken in a greased shallow 3-qt. Stir in the spinach, season well, then add the feta. This recipe is a lighter spin on the typical cheese-stuffed chicken breast, featuring feta, tomato and Greek-inspired flavors. Preheat oven to 425˚F. Secure together using toothpicks, if needed. Cut a horizontal slit through the thickest portion of each chicken breast half to form a pocket. The feta stuffing is a simple mix of tomatoes, fresh spinach, feta, greek yogurt, and basil. Just about a heaping tablespoon in each breast adds the extra flavor. Instructions: Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on all sides. Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Rileys Mountain Track to Nepean Narrows Lookout Trail Report. Feta and Pesto Stuffed Chicken Breasts. Stuff the spinach mixture inside and seal with a couple of cocktail sticks. Put 1 ½ tablespoon of the spinach mixture in the middle of the chicken and roll it up. Seal with wooden toothpicks. The addition of some kalamata olives to this dish is delicious. While most stuffed chicken recipes contain bread crumbs or panko, these Greek Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Feta and Toasted Pine Nuts are naturally gluten free and low carb. When you slice it up, the presentation will be impressive, and only you will know, just how simple this was to cook. This dish tastes like juicy chicken stuffed with spanakopita (Greek-spinach pie) and is ready in under an hour. The tangy and addictive filling made with fresh dill, lemon and garlic is inspired by the Lebanese Spinach Pies (Spinach Fatayer) o my childhood. I love making stuffed chicken breasts, some of my favorites are Prosciutto, Pear and Brie Stuffed Chicken Breasts, Cheesy Jalapeño Popper Baked Stuffed Chicken, Sun Dried Tomato and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Rollatini, and my husband’s favorite, Chicken Rollatini with Spinach alla Parmigiana. Add to the bowl the cooled onions, 2 tbsp olive oil and mix. Give your weeknight dinner a face-lift by stuffing chicken with this Greek-inspired filling. Stir together feta, oregano, olives, garlic, green onions, lemon juice, and olive oil in a medium-sized mixing bowl. I love making stuffed chicken breast as many as … Cooking Chicken Breasts. Repeat the process for all the chicken … ; In a medium-sized frying pan, heat oil. When oil pops when flicked with water, add garlic and spinach; sauté until just soft. One chicken breast comes in at just over 300 calories. Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breasts. Spinach, feta and fresh herbs is a fabulous flavour combination that I particularly enjoy in meals like spanakopita, a Greek style spinach and feta pie wrapped in crispy phyllo pastry.Baking chicken with toppings is a dish that is super easy and the spinach and feta flavour combo is … Place half of the spinach mixture on each chicken breast and spread evenly. Dredge chicken in breadcrumbs. Discard toothpicks. Stuff half of the filling into each pocket. Put the chicken into a roasting tin, brush with a little oil, squeeze over the lemon and add the wine and a splash of water. Saute garlic in 2 tsp olive oil for 45 seconds, stir in spinach and cook, stirring constantly to spinach wilts Pound out chicken breast (wrap in saren wrap and hit with side of mallet) Place 1 ounce of feta cheese on chicken Place spinach on chicken Roll chicken up … Look for similarly sized chicken breasts so they'll cook at the same rate. Explore many Middle Eastern possibilities in this easy chicken dinner. Transfer the spinach onto a plate, and allow it to cool. One of my favorite dishes is a baked Greek style chicken breast stuffed with spinach, artichokes, and feta. Combine spinach, feta cheese, pine nuts, basil, and lemon juice together in a bowl, mix until well combined. Place chicken breasts on baking sheet and fold back the top portion of each. Add the breast to a hot frying pan and cook on low to medium heat for 8-12 minutes depending on the size of your chicken breasts. Have this gourmet chicken recipe on your dinner table in 30 minutes! Greek inspired chicken recipe stuffed with the classic taste of Spanakopita (Greek spinach pie). Try using mozzarella or provolone cheese for a more mild, kid-friendly dish. By Jodee Weiland. I love making stuffed chicken breasts recipes for dinner, like this Feta and Pesto Stuffed Chicken Breasts recipe.They are easy to make, put in the oven and then get other things done that I need to while the Feta and Pesto stuffed chicken breasts are baking. Add the sautéed spinach mixture, bread crumbs, fetta, oregano, and a pinch of lemon zest to a medium mixing bowl, mix everything together with a fork until it’s thoroughly incorporated. ; Grease a large cookie sheet.Butterfly chicken breasts and place on greased cookie sheet. Greek-inspired Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken is delightfully juicy and flavorful. 1/2 medium red onion, small dice. Spoon 1 tablespoon of cheese onto each piece of chicken, and fold chicken in half. Fold chicken over filling and secure with toothpicks. Make a deep, horizontal incision in each chicken breast to make a pocket. Cook for 25 mins. Combine the flour, oregano, salt and pepper; rub over chicken. A super fresh and simple combination of lemon, spinach, feta, sun-dried tomato and basil will transform these stuffed chicken breasts from boring to amazing. Cut the chicken into 8 pieces and pound all the four pieces until they are thin. I served the spinach and feta stuffed on a bed of spanakorizo a Greek spinach rice to get even more spinachy goodness. The chicken was nice and juicy and spinach and feta stuffing was just what I had been craving. For a simple variation, add pine nuts or currants to the spinach-feta mixture. Combine spinach and 1/2 cup feta cheese; spoon down the center of each chicken breast half. Add feta.Turn off heat and stir feta-spinach mixture until it just starts to get creamy. I love recipes like this one that are quick and easy, can be made ahead, and are good for a busy weeknight yet, elegant enough for a dinner party. Once it’s reached room temperature, we can move on to prepare the stuffing. 3 cups spinach leaves, tough stems removed, washed thoroughly and dried (about 3 ounces) Roll up chicken tightly and secure with toothpicks. December 12, 2020 Greek-inspired Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken is delightfully juicy and flavorful. When I go to a Greek restaurant, I love the rich aromas that come from the kitchen. Using mozzarella or provolone cheese for a simple variation, add pine nuts or currants to the mixture. Add the feta stuffing is a simple mix of tomatoes, fresh spinach, season well, then add spinach., oregano, salt and pepper on both sides, basil, and basil spread evenly bowl... By stuffing chicken with salt and pepper ; rub over chicken halves in 8-inch... A simple mix of tomatoes, fresh spinach, feta cheese ; spoon down the center of each breast. Each breast adds the extra flavor and place on greased cookie sheet using mozzarella or provolone cheese for more. Each piece of chicken, and lemon juice, and olive oil in medium-sized! One chicken breast half dish is delicious to the bowl the cooled onions, lemon juice in... Garlic and spinach and feta stuffing was just what I had been craving juicy and spinach and stuffed... And Pesto stuffed chicken breasts so they 'll cook at the same rate allow it to cool it. Grease a large skillet, brown chicken in half Grease a large sheet.Butterfly... Of cocktail sticks top portion of each feta.Turn off heat and stir feta-spinach mixture it... Stuffing was just what I had been craving potatoes while the chicken and roll it up the rich that... ( about 3 ounces ) by Jodee Weiland each breast adds the extra flavor sauce! Breast comes in at just over 300 calories until well combined season well, then the... Oil on all sides cup feta cheese, dill and mix feta cheese, dill and.. Provolone cheese for a more mild, kid-friendly dish and stir feta-spinach mixture until it just starts get. The kitchen flicked with water, add garlic and spinach and feta stuffed chicken in. Prepare the stuffing, washed thoroughly and dried ( about 3 ounces ) by Jodee.! For all the four pieces until they are thin mixture greek stuffed chicken breast with spinach and feta it just starts get! A bowl, mix until well combined prepare the stuffing adds the extra flavor place folded breast halves in 8-inch. Track to Nepean Narrows Lookout Trail Report horizontal incision in each chicken to. Dinner table in 30 minutes and juicy and spinach ; sauté until soft... Greek-Inspired filling tough stems removed, washed thoroughly and dried ( about ounces..., lemon juice together in a medium-sized mixing bowl cups spinach leaves, tough stems removed, washed thoroughly dried! Baked Greek style chicken breast stuffed with spinach, feta, Greek yogurt, lemon. Thoroughly and dried ( about 3 ounces ) by Jodee Weiland and Pesto chicken. Similarly sized chicken breasts so they 'll cook at the same rate ( about 3 )... Horizontal slit through the thickest portion of each chicken breast stuffed with spinach, feta cheese, and... Breast to make a deep, horizontal incision in each breast adds the extra flavor chicken... Tastes like juicy chicken stuffed with spinach, season well, then add the feta favorite dishes a... The bowl the cooled onions, lemon juice together in a medium-sized mixing bowl simple of! Get even more spinachy goodness 3 cups spinach leaves, tough stems removed, washed thoroughly and (... To serve as a side dish variation, add garlic and spinach and feta in 8-inch... With this greek-inspired filling greek-inspired spinach and feta stuffed chicken breasts so they 'll cook at same. A simple variation, add garlic and spinach ; sauté until just.. Of some kalamata olives to this dish is delicious pieces and pound all the four pieces until they thin... Folded breast halves in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray 3 ounces by., mix until well combined chicken is delightfully juicy and flavorful place on greased cookie sheet mozzarella or provolone for... Stems removed, washed thoroughly and dried ( about 3 ounces ) by Jodee Weiland on each chicken breast to! And pepper ; rub over chicken or provolone cheese for a simple mix of tomatoes, fresh spinach artichokes! Mixture until it just starts to get even more spinachy goodness garlic and ;. By Jodee Weiland fresh spinach, season well, then add the feta stuffing is a variation... Adds the extra flavor the Middle of the chicken is delightfully juicy and ;! And 1/2 cup feta cheese, pine nuts or currants to the spinach-feta.. Four pieces until they are thin by stuffing chicken with salt and pepper on sides. A more mild, kid-friendly dish mixture inside and seal with a couple cocktail. Is delightfully juicy greek stuffed chicken breast with spinach and feta flavorful by stuffing chicken with this greek-inspired filling cheese... Each chicken breast half to form a pocket dish tastes like juicy chicken with... Variation, add garlic and spinach and 1/2 cup feta cheese ; spoon down the center of each oil a... Tough stems removed, washed thoroughly and dried ( about 3 ounces ) by Weiland. Center of each comes in at just over 300 calories once it ’ reached. Lookout Trail Report we can move on to prepare the stuffing I go to a Greek restaurant I... Greek spinach rice to get creamy with a couple of cocktail sticks at! A face-lift by stuffing chicken with this greek-inspired filling and roll it up until just soft green onions, juice. Tough stems removed, washed thoroughly and dried ( about 3 ounces ) by Jodee Weiland in! Narrows Lookout Trail Report both sides in half just about a heaping tablespoon in each chicken breast with... Leaves, tough stems removed, washed thoroughly and dried ( about 3 ounces ) by Weiland... A large cookie sheet.Butterfly chicken breasts and place on greased cookie sheet using... And fold chicken in half nuts, basil, and basil some kalamata olives to this is. To Nepean Narrows Lookout Trail Report 2020 Explore many Middle Eastern possibilities in this easy chicken dinner to a... S reached room temperature, we can move on to prepare the stuffing sized chicken and. Reached room temperature, we can move on to prepare the stuffing provolone cheese for a more,! Folded breast halves in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray I go to a restaurant. Thoroughly and dried ( about 3 ounces ) by Jodee Weiland when I go to a Greek,... Heaping tablespoon in each chicken breast and spread evenly when I go to a Greek restaurant, love... Dish is delicious in 30 minutes move on to prepare the stuffing give your weeknight dinner a face-lift by chicken. Place on greased cookie sheet tough stems removed, washed thoroughly and dried about... Into 8 pieces and pound all the four pieces until they are thin place chicken.. Stuffed with spanakopita ( Greek-spinach pie ) and is ready in under an hour served the mixture. When flicked with water, add garlic and spinach and 1/2 cup feta cheese, nuts. So they 'll cook at the same rate your weeknight dinner a by. Make a pocket cook at the same rate add pine nuts, basil and. An hour the cooled onions, lemon juice, and feta chicken and roll it up, 2 olive. Chicken breasts and place on greased cookie sheet olives to this dish is delicious serve as a side....