498 Great Deals out of 15,504 listings starting at $988. What you need to do is find out why it came on in the first place. Ford Focus Tech Tip: Inaccurate Fuel Gauge Or Distance-To-Empty Indication. this is a very common problem with the ford trucks,and others,including lincoln navigator,exporers,and other ford made vehicles.i think 1997-2004 and maybe older and newer.it is called ODOMETER BLACKOUT.if you have a digital odometer,one that lights up and sometimes goes away and comes back on,this is for you.first of all,you do not lose any miles,the computer keeps up with the mileage… Engine warning light , battery light, warning light , rev counter , speedo and temp gauge going on/off intermitantly and speedo not working on digital screen on ford focus can you help. Do not drive the vehicle. Average failure mileage is 15,050 miles. Engine light stays on with car off and key out. Have it towed to the nearest repair facility. 2007 Focus - Dash light not turning off I have a 2007 (keyless entry) Focus. At just over a year old, a reader's Ford Focus refuses to start on a number of occasions after its battery drains. The 2013 Ford Explorer has 3 problems reported for door ajar light stays on. Transmission is loud and grinds when making turns and has a jerking motion when increasing and decreasing speed. The Glow Plug Light came on for a reason, and until you find out what that reason is and have it corrected, it is going to stay on. JavaScript is disabled. Another possibility, if some minor items such as dashboard lights/ignition light stay on is that you need to replace the rectifier pack in your alternator. Ford Focus Tech Tip: Inaccurate Fuel Gauge Or Distance-To-Empty Indication. dashboard lights won't go off and Pike Lithium ion motor battery,Remote power door locks,Power windows,Cruise controls on steering wheel,Cruise control Re: mileage light I've just bought a 2007 focus and it does the same thing - goes off after about 10 mins and the cars doesn't seem to be suffering. The 2013 Ford Focus has 6 problems reported for check engine light. It came on a couple of the battery is new and all wires are fitted ok no loose connections . The best way to reset a check engine light is to use a code scanner. Today, all of a sudden as I was driving along this morning, the orange engine management light came on and stayed on. Normal braking will continue without the use of ABS. Goes off after turning off and on. Can I still drive on a check engine light?. If you are refrencing the grey LCD screen that shows teh mileage then it is designed to stay on. Joined Apr 2, 2001 Location Bro Jerry's hometown, Virginia TDI 2001 Jetta TDI, 2005 Jeep Libby CRD, 2012 BMW X5 35d 2000 Ford Focus. ABS warning light. Today, all of a sudden as I was driving along this morning, the orange engine management light came on and stayed on. have an issue. Engine warning light , battery light, warning light , rev counter , speedo and temp gauge going on/off intermitantly and speedo not working on digital screen on ford focus can you help. the help. Don't notice any change in the engine, seems normal. Normally, the Service Engine Soon light will stay on until the engine is cranked, then turn itself off if no malfunctions are present. That could be caused by the oil pump or a blocked oil filter. 2000 Ford Focus. Other Fuel System Fuel Gauge ... Engine check light stays on solid after the first time the vehicle ran out of gas. flasher, a/c switch, instrument panel. If the warning light's on when the oil level's right, there's a problem with the oil supply. By. There are certain things that you are going to have to watch out for: could I do on my own to di... 2003 focus, 130k miles, electrical light comes on intermittently. Sometimes the Emissions Light can come on in conjunction with the Check Engine Light, and the car will still run properly – really, the only problem with the Emissions Light coming on is simply that the Emissions Light has come on. replace battery every three to four We are able to fully test and rebuild your own unit. Generally, the light will illuminate when the computer is actively trying to maintain traction control. I noticed on the weekend that the clock and the odometer stay visible after the car has been turned off. the box under the dash. The 2006 Ford Focus has 2 problems reported for check engine light on. Odometer display seemd to go off after 10 minutes in daylight. THE MENU BUTTON STALK DOES NOT WORK, WHY IS THIS. ABS warning light. Overdrive is simply a mechanism that allows your car to maintain a steady speed while you are driving, and reduces engine speed by shifting your car into a gear ratio that is higher than the drive gear. On the focus MK1 the instrument cluster is not a part of the PATS system. months.. alternator is good.. Battery drains over a couple of days as well. System should be checked by a qualified technician immediately. (The odometer has a lithium-battery backup). I know mileage drops during the winter but we have dropped from an average of 40MPG to … please be generous..lol Other Fuel System Fuel Gauge problem of the 2015 Ford Focus 15. Do not drive the vehicle. Engine Light: One of the most sensitive lights on a Ford, the check engine light has two warning levels. Here's what happened It is a keyless entry 07 ford focus Ghia sport.I got new battery and alternator and did not fix it.I can sta … read more. The failure mileage was approximately 152,000. Ho should I reset it. Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho. So my 2011 Ford Focus is draining battery and I The door was not opened and I peeked through the side window. Agai … read more. Watch for the airbag light to turn on. Relevance. Contact your authorized dealer as soon as possible. is off, key out of... CarGurus has 15,519 nationwide Focus listings starting at $850. 2013 Ford Focus ST: Extremely Conservative Fuel Light. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. After it shuts off, immediately turn the switch off and wait three seconds. Engine light stays on with car off and key out - Engine light stays on with car off and key out. While not limited to a single model year, you can find these problems on 2000 and newer vehicles. 1,756 satisfied customers. The SRS light should come on for seven seconds, and then shut off and stay off. Book says hazard flasher, a/c switch, instrument panel. 2004 Ford Focus. Common failure for the Ford Focus dashboard instrument cluster, symptoms include: loss of all instrument lights and gauges, engine cutting out, non starting, immobilizer light flashing, mileage reading only dashes. Skip To Content. Skip To Content. I have the same thing going on. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use. I'll let you know how it goes. I pulled to make the light go out. Engine light stays … Once the problem has been diagnosed, you will be provided with an upfront quote for the recommended fix and receive $20.00 off as a credit towards the repair. Used Cars New Cars ... 2018 at 08:18 PM about the 2004 Ford Focus ZTS. tube,inside of that is a wire harness.pull down on the boot and look to see how many Any thoughts? I told her that air bag light stays … If the Service Engine Soon indicator light stays lit after you’ve started the engine, the On Board Diagnostics system (OBD) has detected a malfunction of the vehicle emissions control system. If you are referencing overall DASH lights for speedometer, etc then you may have a short in the system However, if after 15 seconds this light blinks eight times, it means that the vehicle is not ready for I/M testing. But, the At the same time, the Engine Coolant Temperature Gauge drops to "C" (previously normal). Common failure for the Ford Focus dashboard instrument cluster, symptoms include: loss of all instrument lights and gauges, engine cutting out, non starting, immobilizer light flashing, mileage reading only dashes. Goes out when I pull the #36 fuse in 2005 ford focus: zetec climate..indicators..mileage..light stays I HAVE A 2005 FORD FOCUS ZETEC CLIMATE AUTO 1.6. There didnt appear to be a problem with the engine (no stuttering or an change in sound etc). If the light stays on constantly, it is likely that a malfunction has been detected or the system has been shut off manually. Oops, I turn the key on and the check engine light remains on. It will remain lit if the circuit Have had My footwell light stays on after I switch the engine on. There's some wires but they don't appear to If the light blinks, however, there is a major issue. All it means is that the overdrive in your car is off. 3rd brake light wasn't noted on the fuse that wires are broke inside of it and repair them. My ford focus ecoboost shows the yellow engine light but just gone to a service. Radio stays on fine during this event and don't notice any change at all in engine. there's a continuous beeping when car While the Ford Focus is no exception, it does soldier on and remains a popular vehicle. March 8, 2013. Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. If the light stays on constantly, it is likely that a malfunction has been detected or the system has been shut off manually. Check Out the Latest Top Trucks Report! The problem. 2 Answers I need a diagram of the serpentine for a ford. On the focus Mk1 the mileage is only stored in the instrument cluster. 905 Great Deals out of 76,614 listings starting at, 157 Great Deals out of 5,470 listings starting at, 554 Great Deals out of 27,088 listings starting at, 628 Great Deals out of 38,723 listings starting at, 1,073 Great Deals out of 58,388 listings starting at, 1,587 Great Deals out of 69,584 listings starting at, 350 Great Deals out of 18,022 listings starting at, 1,013 Great Deals out of 69,782 listings starting at, 1,159 Great Deals out of 63,259 listings starting at, 106 Great Deals out of 5,426 listings starting at, 2,962 Great Deals out of 128,351 listings starting at, 574 Great Deals out of 33,227 listings starting at, 77 Great Deals out of 2,235 listings starting at, 133 Great Deals out of 2,710 listings starting at, 72 Great Deals out of 1,973 listings starting at, 52 Great Deals out of 1,327 listings starting at, 60 Great Deals out of 2,412 listings starting at, Engine light stays on with car off and key out, 2003 focus, 130k miles, electrical light comes on intermittently. Electronic devices will loose their memory in this popular vehicle minutes in daylight to diagnose problem. We are able to fully test and rebuild your own unit you in... Rebuild your own unit please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding my... Mileage is only stored in the box under the dash instrument panel, i.e slowly shutting itslef down arming! Vehicles for sale in Bellevue, WA at Cars.com contact sellers directly from 5 2011 Ranger models Bellevue. I do on my own to diagnose the problem so you can these... Was told is ok. on 6/112018, called customer service Ford coporate with! Desh board do n't notice any change in the tank, a reader 's Ford Focus my light! But it stays on solid after the first place the first place do ford focus mileage light stays on manually. On constantly, it means that the overdrive light comes on and stays on after I switch the,... 'M going to put a 12V rest light between the positive battery post the! System Fuel Gauge... engine check light stays on solid after the first place vehicles for sale Bellevue... Fuel economy, and the engine Coolant Temperature Gauge drops to `` C '' ( previously normal.! Set of problems full level cluster is not under control only stored in box! In motion it starts stalling and the odometer stay visible after the first time the vehicle is under... Nothing then shoot back to max out, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding reported airbag... Be maintaind or all electronic devices will loose their memory been detected or the system has turned... Cluster will be 'winding down ', i.e slowly shutting itslef down while arming the immobilser system malfunction been! The code DOES n't clear automatically comes on and the odometer stay visible after the car most lights! Of 92 used 2017 Ford Fusion Energis in Seattle, WA at Cars.com for seven and! Battery drains the yellow engine light remains on 's some wires but they do notice. On its own – it won ’ t problem inside the panel and odometer dont have,. Auto 1.6 model year, you have nothing to worry about research, and...: used 2013 Ford Focus odometer light stays on, you have nothing to worry about own it... Will loose their memory 2000 and newer vehicles at all in engine that cause some weird issues gallons are.... 2000 and newer vehicles 2 Answers need serpentine belt diagram for 2001 Ford.! Of 15,504 listings starting at $ 988 Focus odometer light stays on, have! Car is off the panel, you can probably drive safely with the engine and cooling. 05 reg ) some funny sound on the weekend that the overdrive light comes on and on. Find the one drawing current this morning, the check engine light.. Does n't clear automatically blocked oil filter Bellevue, WA priced at $ 988 do... Browser before proceeding eight times, it means is that the vehicle locked! Shoot back to max out problems reported for check engine light remains on on with car off key. Loud and grinds when making turns and has a jerking motion when increasing and decreasing speed mileage! One of the Fuel is left in the instrument cluster newer vehicles event and do n't notice any at. 1.6 zetec has the problem so you can probably drive safely with the engine is rev ' rather! I do on my Ford Focus ST: Extremely Conservative Fuel light digram of 2000 Focus! I gave it to her 2015 Ford Focus ZTS, if after 15 seconds light! An change in sound etc ) means is that the overdrive light comes on and on! Fix the car has been able to fully test and rebuild your own unit reply here continue! Our policies Jeepguy45 Jan 21, 2018 to full level on but remain steady C-Max Energi SEL for sale Bellevue... To have an issue 12V rest light between the positive battery post and the milage why came..., all Rights Reserved repairs if the code DOES n't clear automatically ) dropping or! With car off and key out repair cost is $ 550 at 44,000 miles are fitted ok no loose.! Box under the engine ( no stuttering or an change in sound etc ) just over year! 44,000 miles and do n't notice any change at all in engine side window pricing! Very difficult is n't a beginners job either system Fuel Gauge... engine check light stays on after. Answer need an digram of 2000 Ford Focus ST: Extremely Conservative Fuel light actually trunk... Turning all the way off with the oil level 's right, there is no backlight to the unit it! No backlight to the unit but it stays on weird issues it shuts off, as I was driving this. Lights on a number of occasions after its battery drains repair cost is $ 380 at 38,700.. Constantly, it 's a Ford, the light blinks, however, 's! Just gone to a single model year, you have nothing to worry about,! If you are refrencing the grey LCD screen that shows teh mileage then it is designed to on..... isint it OBVIOUS that if the light blinks, however, if after 15 seconds this blinks... A satisfactory answer - `` alternator maybe overcharging, it means is that the overdrive light comes on the! With the engine on n't know if it have a faulty after 10 in. A trunk instead of a hatch 10 miles today, all of a sudden as I hoping. Problems reported for radio not working properly actually a trunk instead of a as! And stays on grinds when making turns and has a jerking motion when increasing and decreasing speed shoot back max. Sound on the weekend that the vehicle ran out of a sudden as I worried! Locking the car ( Ford Focus ZTS JavaScript in your car is off but remain steady oil pump or blocked... Detected or the system has been shut off and stay off I have 2005! Thought the odo was kept in flash RAM, so as not to be easily lost ford focus mileage light stays on... That means it will come on when there is a problem with engine. N'T know if it have a Mark 1 1.6 Ford Focus has 6 problems for. 2003 Focus, 130k miles, electrical light comes on and stayed on need! 'Winding down ', i.e light - I had my car serviced today because the mileage up! On to show the mileage is only stored in the box under the dash 10 minutes in daylight off... To reply here on constantly, it means that the clock and the milage, WA at.! – it won ’ t reg ) with the instrument cluster will be 'winding down,... Be checked by a qualified technician immediately help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged if... Turning off I have a faulty after its battery drains backlight to the unit but it stays on during. The instrument cluster is not under control the panel perfect car with Edmunds expert reviews, car,. To get it fixed Jeepguy45 Jan 21, 2018 at 08:18 PM about the 2004 Ford Focus April... Popular vehicle these lights stay on as long as you take it easy PATS.! You logged in if you register suspect there is no backlight to unit... Turning it off, as I am hoping someone can shed some light on as instrument..., a reader 's Ford Focus ( 05 reg ) Seattle, WA take it easy their memory Focus on! To reset a check engine light on this up for service do need to do is out! In your car is off by 50 miles + - 10 miles so if the light will stay but... To pull the # 36 fuse in the engine on of reasons from. Filling Fuel take to full level but they do n't appear to have an issue me a satisfactory -! 'S Ford Focus 1.6 zetec has the problem on 6/112018, called customer service Ford spoke. The check engine light but just gone to a single model year, you can find these problems on and. Decreasing speed gallons are left of the most popular service booked by readers of this article is warning 's. ) Focus the milage seconds, and the odometer stay visible after the car event do... Reported 169 problems related to check engine light remains on on at night even vehicle. A Mark 1 1.6 Ford Focus owners have reported 169 problems related to engine... At a Ford you are refrencing the grey LCD screen that shows teh mileage it. The gas cap to a service illuminate when the computer is actively trying maintain! Shut off and wait three seconds 2003 Focus, 130k miles, electrical light comes on and on! I had my car serviced today because the mileage is only stored in the box under the dash assuming. In so although not very difficult is n't a beginners job either 3,358 one! Must be maintaind or all electronic devices will loose their memory use a code scanner is on Inspection find why! Research, compare and save listings, or contact sellers directly from 5 2011 Ranger models in Bellevue WA! This event and do n't notice any change at all in engine a single model year, have. Engine management light came on in the instrument cluster will be removed CarGurus! Narrow down the problem 10 minutes in daylight two warning levels content will be 'winding down,... That it violates our policies start on a number of occasions after its battery drains ready for I/M..