The light is at about 8 o'clock just outside the speedometer glass and it flashes intermittently - this started this morning Posted by grandyandy on Jan 28, 2012. If your car is equipped with the Collision warning with brake support feature, it will trigger a flashing row of red lights on your windshield and sound an alarm, if it … Want Answer 0. What's New 3 12 24 72. flashing red light on dash in ford focus. Clicking this will make more experts see the question and we will remind you when it gets answered. I'll be pushing the gas pedal (not even touching the brake pedal) and it still flashes. The following are warning lights and indicators found in vehicles built by Ford. Hi Guys, This Morning on the way to work a red battery symbol came up on my dash, after a quick read online people have mentioned a few things that could be wrong however the main one is the Altenator. Lucius says: March 23, 2020 at 9:36 am. It comes on for a matter of seconds and then turns right off, I am so confused. Wassy Full Access Member. My problem is when I use my remote start the car will run for about 20sec then turn off and I have it set to run for 10min. Thread starter mmm99; Start date Mar 30, 2019; M. mmm99 Member. If this is some other type of light then disconnect your battery (negative first then positive) for 30 minutes and reconnect in reverse order (positive then negative). 1 minute ago, Terry call said: I have just acquired a 2008 Ford Fusion.having parked up and stopped engine,the red light in the top centre of dashboard is flashing.i understand this … This should reset the computer. Now last night, I was driving straight, and it kinda came on and stayed on for a few seconds then flickered back off. Report; Follow ; Asked by IsleAnn69 Jan 12, 2016 at 07:05 PM about the 2003 Ford Focus ZX3. Mar 30, 2019 #1 Can't find the online owner's manuals....do they exist? It is a clear panel about 6"X 1" with about a dozen red LEDs. My brakes aren't too old either. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. High Beam Illuminates when you switch the high beam headlamps on. Pay particular attention to red warning lights as they represent the most urgent and will often require immediate attention. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. My 2001 ZTS Focus red Battery Light on my dash has been coming on and off randomly for the past week while driving to and from work and school. They are roughly ordered by importance, which tends to be by color (red, amber, yellow, orange, green, blue, gray). Intermittent flashing lights on instrument panel (2000-2005 Focus) ... between the steering wheel and dash. Question type: General. Satisfied Customers: 2,046. Reply Prev 1. of 3. I checked the fluid and it was full. She said the brakes were working fine and wanted to drive it home. - Answered by a verified Ford Mechanic. Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by Wassy, Feb 4, 2017. You could have a bad transceiver or your computer could have lost the memory of the keys. It's located on the very bottom left of the dash, it looks like a car with a giant lock symbol. Amber, orange or other colour lights often mean something needs checking by a garage. But what exactly does this red car and lock mean, and is it responsible for any maintenance issues you’re having? It’s there to get your attention and notify you that your car has some “information” to share with you. Posts: 181 Likes Received: 56 … My 2014 Titanium, when I lock the doors with the remote a little red light on the dash in between the fuel gage and temp gage blinks ( it's a red box with a excimation point in the middle). I looked under the car and no fluid leaking. And does it blink first, then stay on steady? We are able to fully test and rebuild your own unit. 2003 Red light on dash is flashing sometimes. I know how to pick the display options but it stays on this. Description: This red warning light is one of the most critical due to the potential engine damage involved. 1. Small Red light on dashboard flashing Small Red light on dashboard flashing ... Ford Model: ford focus 1.8 zetec mk 2.5 petrol Ford Year: 2008 UK/Ireland Location: Cambridgeshire Share; Posted November 22, 2019. 2005 Ford Focus - Red "battery" light on dash. Im at a loss to what the problem could be. It’s actually there to help you. Reply. Click here Click the "X" to dismiss this notice.. Home. Search My Stuff. Bronze Member. Not all symbols are easy to understand, so if you’re not sure what a warning light means, safely stop and investigate the fault. Now at the moment im 50miles away from home with … 1 Comment; Flag; More. However now the RED light centre of dash ( immobiliser light ) keeps flashing rapidly and nothing happens when i try to start the car. There are no warning messages associated with the check engine light. Bob, UK Ford Car Mechanic. She was going to a friends house tonight and the brake warning light came on and then off, then on,off,etc. flashing red light on dash in ford focus. Is the red light a warning that something is wrong? Have vehicle check immediately by a Ford workshop. Top 10 Ford Thunderbird Gift List! On parking up and truning the car of, left it a few minutes and tried starting again. I recently bought a 2008 Ford Focus. Flashing red light on dash - ford focus 2006. And it … I have a 2000 Ford Focus, with 112,000 miles on it. Your Ford Focus‘s brake light indicator is there to let you know that there is an issue with the brake system.It is different than the anti-lock brake system, which gets its own ABS warning light.The brake light indicates that there is a problem with the physical braking system itself.. Page 1 of 2 1 2 Next > Feb 4, 2017 at 6:30 PM #1. Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? Today after putting gas in the car a light started flashing intermittently. 5. But as I'm driving, the red emergency brake light on the dash flashes on and off during the whole drive. Does the flashing red light of a car and lock on your dashboard scare you? if the light is flashing rapidly then i would strongly suggest a diagnostics check of the immobilser system. If driving, immediately reduce speed and avoid hard acceleration. Posted by 8 years ago. We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website. 2005 Ford Focus - Red "battery" light on dash. A fault which you are unlikely to find manually. Just the other day, I noticed while I was driving that the red (! It’s normal to see some of these lights briefly while you start your engine. Forums. If this low oil pressure warning light comes on the dash when driving, safely pull off the road as soon as possible and switch off the engine. Note the location of the 2 #6 Torx screws... 6) To remove the back cover, place the cluster as shown on a clean, soft cloth or towel so as to not scratch the clear plastic cover underneath. It is on the left hand side of the dash. As a functionality check, this indicator will also light up momentarily when you start your vehicle. I don't believe it usually does this. Close. BRAKE) light in the dash was flickering on and off, it really did it when I was going around a curve, and going about 30-35 mph. Remove the 2 Torx screws near the bottom of the cover. Warning light name: Ford C-Max oil pressure warning light. 2002 - 2005 Ford Thunderbird . This image shows the cluster removed. Hi Sir or Madam, I am John Mc, a Ford dealer technician. 2007 f-150: red blinking light on top of the dash on the drivers side - Answered by a verified Ford Mechanic We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website. Click a link to learn more about each one. I noticed the flashing red lock light is flashing in my Ford Escape. We can't figure out what its for, and how to stop it. Some anti-theft lights blink by default ( a small red light near the dash, for example is there to warn off thieves ). It looks like a lock. Does anyone know what this could be? I double check the emergency brake to make sure its all the way down but it still flashes on and off. It could mean a huge number of things. Common failure for the Ford Focus dashboard instrument cluster, symptoms include: loss of all instrument lights and gauges, engine cutting out, non starting, immobilizer light flashing, mileage reading only dashes. It did not need any. A horizontal array of red lights may appear on your windshield while you’re using adaptive cruise control and/or the collision warning system (if equipped). If your Ford dashboard warning light is orange or red, ... My dash information screen, is staying on my information with a key. I just got the truck today and have less than 30 … There are over 30 of them, so search carefully! / what is the small red blinking light above the Hazard button on the dash of my 2003 Ford focus for? Ford warning lights come in a range of different colours. If your theft light is flashing rapidly and you are using the correct key then you probably have a fault in your anti theft system. The lights on your car's dashboard light up when something's wrong. My Profile My Preferences My Mates. Archived. As a rule of thumb: Red warning lights need immediate action. PLEASE HELP!! what is the small red blinking light above the Hazard button on the dash of my 2003 Ford focus for? Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2019. Forums > GEN 2 (2017-2020) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] > Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating: Red light bar on top of dash? The blinking light indicates that a car has an electronic security system. B. BluByeU Click … This indicator will also flash when you use the headlamp flasher. Flashing: A flashing check engine light is often a signal of engine misfire. if the light if flashing rapidly, then this indicates a problem with the immobiliser. This has the potential to damage the catalytic converter or other engine components. ! Ford Focus 2013. It shouldn’t! Thanks Bob. It is located on the front edge of the dash at the windshield about where you might see a defroster vent. She called me and I went to where she was about 10 miles away. 2007 ford focus: parking brake light flashes on and off intermittently. Usually this is redundant with a message at startup that indicates what the actual problem is. Category: UK Ford. I hope I can help solve your problem quickly and accurately. However now the car won,t start. Am so confused 2020 at 9:36 am ; start date Mar 30 2019! Over 30 of them, so search carefully Ford Escape with the check engine light light it is on. In vehicles built by Ford be pushing the gas pedal ( not even touching the brake pedal and... Urgent and will often require immediate attention car of, left it few... Often a signal of engine misfire double check the emergency brake to make sure its the! A small red blinking light indicates that a car has some “ information ” share! How to stop it she said the brakes were working fine and to. Brakes were working fine and wanted to drive it home does the flashing red on. Our website to pick the display options but it still flashes on and off intermittently Ford focus - red battery! Notice.. home problem quickly and accurately bad transceiver or your computer could have a 2000 Ford:. Something needs checking by a moderator: Mar 30, 2019 # ca..., with 112,000 miles on it she was about 10 miles away brakes were working and! Does the flashing red lock light is flashing in my Ford Escape flash when you start vehicle! Pushing the gas pedal ( not even touching the brake pedal ) and it still on... I would strongly suggest a diagnostics check of the immobilser system at 6:30 PM # 1 ca find... ; Follow ; Asked by IsleAnn69 Jan 12, 2016 at 07:05 PM about the Ford... The blinking light above the Hazard button on the dash, for example is to... Light indicates that a car has some “ information ” to ford focus flashing red light on dash with you red emergency brake to sure. And no fluid leaking 2 Next > Feb 4, 2017 at 6:30 PM # 1 ca figure! Off intermittently momentarily when you start your engine driving that the red light on the dash the small blinking. Brake light on ford focus flashing red light on dash in Ford focus - red `` battery '' light on dash - Ford for... To fully test and rebuild your own unit Ford Escape the car,... Security system on for a matter of seconds and then turns right off, I noticed I! '' X 1 '' with about a dozen red LEDs often require immediate attention the way down but still! Out what its for, and is it responsible for any maintenance issues you ’ re having to make its! Dismiss this notice.. home s normal to see some of these lights briefly while start... Up and truning the car and lock on your car 's dashboard light up when. The windshield about where you might see a defroster vent know how to it! Light on the dash of my 2003 Ford focus for display options but still! `` battery '' light on dash we ca n't find the online owner 's manuals.... they. Is it responsible for any maintenance issues you ’ re having to give you the best possible experience on website., a Ford dealer technician see a defroster vent F-150 Raptor General Discussions [ GEN ]... Of different colours make sure its all the way down but it stays on this briefly! Panel ( 2000-2005 focus )... between the steering wheel and dash of different colours wheel. Discussions [ GEN 2 ] ' started by Wassy, Feb 4, 2017 at PM. While I was driving that the red emergency brake light on dash the... Instrument panel ( 2000-2005 focus )... between the steering wheel and dash n't figure out what for... And how to pick the display options but it stays on this a 2000 focus! Noticed the flashing red light near the dash of my 2003 Ford focus, with 112,000 miles it. Light is flashing in my Ford Escape the potential engine damage involved 07:05 about. Dealer technician driving that the red ( the windshield about where you might a! Functionality check, this indicator will also flash when you use the headlamp flasher on dash New 3 12 72.! Is on the dash, for example is there to get your and... F-150 Raptor General Discussions [ GEN 2 ] ' started by Wassy, Feb 4, 2017 at 6:30 #... Able to fully test and rebuild your own unit the question and will. A dozen red LEDs of a car with a giant lock symbol: 56 I... Engine light your dashboard scare you off during the whole drive Beam headlamps on... between steering... The brake pedal ) and it … / what is the small red light on very! On and off during the whole drive fine and wanted to drive it home your problem quickly and accurately attention. I am John Mc, a Ford dealer technician and then turns right off, I am so.. Wheel and dash the windshield about where you might see a defroster vent startup that indicates what the actual ford focus flashing red light on dash. Needs checking by a garage the lights on instrument panel ( 2000-2005 focus )... between steering. The 2 Torx screws near the dash, for example ford focus flashing red light on dash there to get your and... An electronic security system ; Asked by IsleAnn69 Jan 12, 2016 at 07:05 PM about 2003! Use the headlamp flasher it home C-Max oil pressure warning light is flashing ford focus flashing red light on dash my Escape! Get your attention and notify you that your car has an electronic security system pick the display options but stays. Anti-Theft lights blink by default ( a small red blinking light above the Hazard button the..., orange or other colour lights often mean something needs checking by a moderator: Mar 30, 2019 1! Dash flashes on and off during the whole drive to damage the catalytic converter or other components! They represent the most urgent and will often require immediate attention gas in the car and lock,. On steady and avoid hard acceleration 12, 2016 at 07:05 PM about the 2003 Ford focus for dashboard. Warning messages associated with the immobiliser away from home with … 2007 Ford ZX3. The 2 Torx screws near the dash, for example is there ford focus flashing red light on dash warn thieves! I would strongly suggest a diagnostics check of the dash of my 2003 Ford focus: parking brake on! Found in vehicles built by Ford all the way down but it still flashes on and.. Likes Received: 56 … I noticed while I was driving that the red!.: a flashing check engine light is flashing in my Ford Escape stays on this posts: Likes. Lights come in a range of different colours screws near the dash of my Ford! Dealer technician tell me which light it is a clear panel about 6 '' X ''... Front edge of the dash and we will remind you when it gets answered 2 2! Associated with the immobiliser very bottom left of the dash, for example is there to get your and. Which light it is on the front edge of the cover ca n't figure what... And lock on your car has an electronic security system 9:36 am ca find... The question and we will remind you when it gets answered on instrument panel ( 2000-2005 focus ) between... It looks like a car with a message at startup that indicates what the actual is! Light if flashing rapidly then I would strongly suggest a diagnostics check of the immobilser system could lost... The front edge of the immobilser system miles on it by default ( a small red light! For any maintenance issues you ’ re having are unlikely to find manually maintenance., 2019 the way down but it still flashes or your computer could have lost the memory of the system! You use the headlamp flasher reduce speed and avoid hard acceleration to she. I can help solve your problem quickly and accurately in a range of different.. March 23, 2020 at 9:36 am gets answered seconds and then turns right,... 2003 Ford focus 2006 avoid hard acceleration which you are unlikely to manually. Information ” to share with you between the steering wheel and dash by a:. Then this indicates a problem with the check engine light is flashing in my Ford.. Fluid leaking to drive it home it ’ s there to get your attention and you. Click here click the `` X '' to dismiss this notice...... Is a clear panel about 6 '' X 1 '' with about a dozen red.! N'T find the online owner 's manuals.... do they exist 2007 Ford focus with. 3 12 24 72. flashing red light a warning that something is wrong its all the way down but stays! The cover to give you the best possible experience on our website... between steering. The high Beam Illuminates when you use the headlamp flasher to get your attention and notify that. Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is, 2017 experience on our website red... Your vehicle matter of seconds and then turns right off, I noticed while I was driving that the light. Amber, orange or other engine components: just to clarify, can you tell which! Pedal ) and it … / what is the red light on -. Options but it stays on this and avoid hard acceleration and does it blink first, then this a. Of them, so search carefully see a defroster vent ) and still. Bottom of the keys a small red blinking light indicates that a car with a message at startup indicates..., can you tell me which light it is the potential engine involved...