It's pronounced Bog in most parts of Croatia, except the north, where the final "g" is devoiced to a "k" sounds (hence Bok) Bog literally means God, but … B: Bok Ana! By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies. afficher, naizmjenično se primjenjuje vodoravna, prema nazad usmjerena sila, koja ne prelazi 25 N, djeluje se na mjernu motku nagiba naslona približno na sredini mase opterećenja trupa, dok kvadrant kuta, Appliquer à diverses reprises une charge horizontale inférieure ou égale à 25 N vers l’arrière sur la barre d’angle du dos à une hauteur correspondant approximativement au centre des masses de torse jusqu’à ce que le secteur circulaire d’angle de la, Razina buke koju stvara brod u stanju mirovanja ne smije biti veća od 65 dB(A) na udaljenosti 25 m od, Le bruit produit par le bateau en stationnement, à l'exclusion des opérations de transbordement, à une distance latérale de 25 m du, 62 I apravednost ću poslati dolje s neba; i bistinu ću otposlati iz czemlje, da dposvjedoče o Jedinorođencu mojemu; euskrsnuću njegovu od mrtvih; da, i također uskrsnuću svih ljudi; i učinit ću da pravednost i istina prohuje zemljom poput potopa, radi fsabiranja odabranih mojih s četiri kraja zemlje, na mjesto koje ću pripraviti, Sveti Grad, kako bi narod moj mogao opasati, 62 Je ferai descendre la ajustice des cieux, et je ferai monter la bvérité de la cterre, pour rendre dtémoignage de mon Fils unique, de sa erésurrection d’entre les morts, oui, et aussi de la résurrection de tous les hommes, et je ferai en sorte que la justice et la vérité balaient la terre comme un flot, pour frassembler mes élus des quatre coins de la terre, vers un lieu que je préparerai, une Ville Sainte, afin que mon peuple puisse se, Vanjski registarski broj || XR || F || Podatak o plovilu – broj označen na, Numéro d’immatriculation externe || XR || F || Donnée relative au navire – numéro figurant sur le, 1. Croatian-English online dictionary (Englesko-hrvatski rječnik) developed to help you share your knowledge with others. In this post you’ll find a short selection of the 100+ conversational phrases and words in Croatian I have available as part of a downloadable PDF that you can get by entering your email in the box below. A: Odlično, hvala. So I decided to put something together on my own so that I could feel more confident engaging in language exchanges.. And today, I’d like to share it with you. @en.wiktionary.org. See more. An independent Croatian state has risen after the violent collapse of Yugoslavia. I'm late for class. Search nearly 14 million words and phrases in more than 470 language pairs. Translation for: 'Bok!' CROATIAN WORDS AND PHRASES Croatian is a beautiful language. ‘Bok’ or ‘Bog’, depending on whom or where someone greets you, is ‘hi’ in Croatian. Ils ont touché les blessures dans ses mains, ses pieds et son côté. There is as many ‘boks’ as there is people using the word. 2. the language that is spoken in Croatia, formerly regarded as a dialect of Serbo-Croat ( Croato-Serb ) 3. Multiple ‘bok’ In Zagreb, you can hear variants such as bok bok or bok bok bok. Ils ont touché les blessures dans ses mains, ses pieds et son côt é. Totally different in sound and style is boook with a prolonged o lasting approximately as one proper yawn. Check out an audio of a textbook bok here. For example, in this experiment, a native Croatian speaker and a native Russian speaker tried to guess the meaning of words from their respective languages … with a fairly high degree of accuracy. hanche . This is part two of your guide to Croatian phrases with pronunciation (part 1 is here); that’ll help you sound like a local for your upcoming Croatian holiday.Learning Croatian is tough – trust me I know (here is proof).In part one of the learn Croatian series, we covered the very basics. To say please and thank you in Croatian! One of those theories is that it is an abbreviated derivation of the archaic Austrian salutation ‘Mein Buecken’ (bow). Discover bok meaning and improve your English skills! Might be followed by ‘Što ti radiš ovdje’ or ‘Otkud ti’ (what are you doing here). Cookies help us deliver our services. A : Bok! We will teach you: How to say Hello! nom grammaire . Créez vos propres livres numériques depuis votre tablette avec l’application Book Creator. côté . This video is unavailable. Radi održavanja propisanog stupnja pregrađivanja mora se odrediti teretna linija koja odgovara odobrenom pregradnom gazu i označiti na, .1Pour assurer le maintien du degré de cloisonnement exigé, une ligne de charge correspondant au tirant d’eau adopté pour le calcul de cloisonnement approuvé doit être déterminée et marquée sur la, Glosbe utilise des cookies pour vous offrir la meilleure expérience, Afficher les traductions générées par algorithme. If you say ‘bok’ to a Hungarian, they will think you are giving them a compliment, whilst a Dutch Afrikaans speaker might be left with the impression that an antelope or goat is approaching. ; ‘Sidewall’ means the part of a pneumatic tyre between the tread and the area designed to be covered by the rim flange (2); Copy to clipboard. When you are using the B-word just make sure you don’t use with people from Turkey because in Turkish bok means ‘sh**t’. Being able to blend in is better for everyone, and you can do that with just these few words. nom masculin grammaire . If you are about to travel to Croatia, this is exactly what you are looking for! Saying “Goodbye” in Croatian . @Wiktionary. Basic Greetings in Croatian. noun. Bye, see you! Another theory claims that ‘bok’ is connected to old salutations such as ‘Bog te pozdravi’ (God says hi), ‘Bog daj’ (God give), ‘Bog’(God) or from the term for farewell ‘Zbogom’ (With God). Don’t panic. English words for bok include shit, crap, dung, turd, bullshit, feces, excrement, faeces and fecal matter. Learn bok in English translation and other related translations from Croatian to English. bok: szia bok m: oldal Boks: Ökölvívás Boksači: Ökölvívók Boksit: Bauxit dubok, duboka , duboko n: mély Karboksilne kiseline: Karbonsavak zdravo#Croatian'zdravo, ćao#Croatian'ćao, bok#Croatian'bok, bog: szervusztok szia sziasztok Whilst we know that sometimes it can be hard to say ‘goodbye’, who would think saying ‘hi’ in Croatian was not as simple as it seemed. Croatian belongs to the "synthetic" language group, which means that unlike English and other "analytical" languages, different grammatical aspects are expressed in one word by changing the structure of that word—adding an ending or prefix, modifying the core of the word, etc. In Zagreb, you can hear variants such as bok bok or bok bok bok. of, relating to, or characteristic of Croatia, its people, or their language. Check out an audio of a textbook bok here. Boak definition: to retch or vomit | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples Good morning – Dobro jutro Bok. I'm great, and you? Croat definition, a native or inhabitant of Croatia; Croatian. B: Kasnim na predavanje. Croatian Czech; bok: bok: bok: kyčel: bok: slabina: bok: strana: bok: úbočí : Translations: 1 – 5 / 5. Great, thanks. Your Recent Searches . Find more Turkish words at wordhippo.com! Copyright 2017 - Croatia Week - All Right Reserved, Croatia to procure drug remdesivir for COVID-19 treatment, Epidemiological situation not the same in all regions in Croatia, minister says, Ryanair to fly to five Croatian airports in September, Epidemiologist concerned about Croatian healthcare system becoming overloaded, Rakitic retires: ‘Thanks Ivan for everything you did for Croatia’, 600,000 tourists currently holidaying in Croatia, EC approves over €150 million for digitalisation of Croatia’s education system, Under-21 EURO: Croatia draw England, Portugal and Switzerland, Brits returning from Croatia now not required to quarantine, Popular Canadian-Croatian home decor influencer opens her home for Christmas, Peljesac bridge expected to be finished in November 2021, PHOTO: Stone from antiquity period found in a church in Rijeka, Traditional Croatian recipes: Paprenjak biscuit, 2020 Women’s Handball Euro: Croatia wins bronze medal, PHOTOS: Croatian shipyard completes €106 million polar cruiser during pandemic, First medical workers get vaccinated in Zagreb, Croatian Sports Awards: Barbara Matić and Domagoj Duvnjak take top honours, PM sure that vast majority of Croatians will be vaccinated, Croatian water polo team gather ahead of Olympic qualifiers. In Austro-Hungarian Zagreb that was usually accompanied by the gesture of topping one’s hat. Bok, ja sam Nancy. It was borne by the 9th-century King Boris I of Bulgaria who converted his country to Christianity, as well as two later Bulgarian emperors. Afficher les traductions générées par algorithme Goodbye. BORIS m Bulgarian, Russian, Slovene, Croatian, Serbian, Macedonian, Czech, Slovak, Georgian, German From the Turkic name Bogoris, perhaps meaning "short" or "wolf" or "snow leopard". Doviđenja. There are many theories where the word ‘bok’ originated from. So today ‘bokić’ will be used when you want to mock typical ‘purger’ (from Zagreb) girls talk. in Croatian->Russian dictionary. Hello – Bok. bok ~ meaning » DictZone Croatian-Hungarian dictionary. you say bok or dobar dan (good day), dobra večer (good evening), dobro jutro (good morning), you can also say kako si (how are you) trust me, im croatian. Bosnian, Croatian and Serbian are three standardized forms based on very similar linguistic material. Vidio sam kako mu otv oriše bok i kako je umro. Bok, vidimo se! Contextual translation of "bok" from Croatian into Bulgarian. flange. Here are 3 possible meanings. But then boys (mostly in Split and Dalmatia) started using it to make fun of these girls during summer holidays. ‘Aj bok’ has a moment of putting something to an end quickly (like ‘that’s it’, ‘I have to go, see ya’) or trying to leave a bit quicker avoiding long goodbyes. Watch Queue Queue. Bye. The purpose of life is to remain faithful and dedicated to the calling of God . For example: A: Bok Ivana! Moraš dobiti svoje bokove u nju, kao što je ovaj. (Ex. bok ~ in Hungarian. dict.cc English-Croatian Dictionary: Translation for bok. In Croatian ‘bok’ also means ‘side’ or ‘flanks’. Hi Ana! Tu dois faire le mouvement avec tes hanches, comme ça. How to say yes and no in Croatian! Risking sounding like an angry chicken might pay off if you want to say hi to an acquaintance passing by while you are in a hurry and can’t really stop to chit-chat. In Croatian ‘bok’ also means ‘side’ or ‘flanks’. Hi Ivana, how are you? Bonjour, je suis Nancy ! bok f or m (definite singular boka or boken, indefinite plural boker, definite plural bokene) a beech (tree). Discover new authors and their books in our eBook community. They say that for a long time young Zagreb girls had a monopoly on ‘bokić’. bok translation in Croatian-Tuvalu dictionary. It’s instead used to exaggerate your point (full explanation here). Watch Queue Queue Knowing these simple Croatian phrases and words means you’ll be able to say hello and goodbye to anyone you meet, make friends more easily, and seem more approachable to locals. It can also be used if you really feel good about meeting someone, then you will probably add a smile to the eyebrow-word combo. Kako si! ‘Bok’ is usually considered as an informal way to say ‘hi’, ‘hello’ or ‘bye’ (‘dobar dan’ and ‘doviđenja’ is more formal) and although it can be heard in other parts of Croatia (pronounced both ‘bok’ and ‘bog’) it is more characteristic for Zagreb and surrounding areas. For example, someone has a bad relationship and a friend advises that it should be finished, or someone has had an offer that must be refused. Super, a ti? Croatian bears a strong resemblance to other Slavic languages — even ones from different branches of the Slavic language tree. Monday, September 13, 2010. and Goodbye in Croatian! In analytical languages such as English, the same is achieved by using separate auxiliary verbs, pronouns or … You’ll hear this in the coffee shop, at your friend’s house and your 80-year-old Baba {Grandmother} will say it when the wind is blowing, as Croatians have an irrational fear of the wind, like the Bura. Here you can find the translation of the 50 most important words and expressions into Croatian. It is a Slavic language related to Russian, Polish, Bulgarian and Czech, but separated from many neighbouring countries with mutually intelligent vocabulary as part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, you will be surprised at how the distance between Russia and Croatia can produce so many similarities in a language. eBooks - Language: Croatian - Download free eBooks or read books online for free. { verb noun } bok (ladje) „ bok ” znači dio gume koji se nalazi između gazne površine i područja kojeg pokriva rub naplatka. EUdict (European dictionary) is a collection of online dictionaries for the languages spoken mostly in Europe. Je les ai vus qui perçaient son flanc et je l'ai vu mort. The meaning of life is in the inspired words of Jesus: Whoever wishes to be my follower must deny his very self, take up his cross each day and follow in my steps - Luke 9:23. bøk; References “bok” in The Bokmål Dictionary. Osjetili su rane na njegovim rukama, nogama i boku. ‘They offered me 500 kuna for the job that is at least 100 kuna worth, ma ‘aj bok’…’). Tu dois faire le mouvement avec tes hanches, comme ça. You can create your own ‘bok’, combine it with other words such as ciao or frequently used pusa (kiss) (for saying goodbye among close friends), mix it up with lot of love and serve it to the world as you wish. Whom or where someone greets you, is ‘ hi ’ and ‘ bye to. By ‘ što ti radiš ovdje ’ or ‘ flanks ’ learn bok in English translation and other translations. Adobe Spark permet de créer une affiche personnalisée en quelques minutes, sans en... Minutes, sans compétences en design explanation here ) on ‘ bokić ’ ti ’ ( bow ) Serbian! On whom or where someone greets you, is ‘ hi ’ in Zagreb, you can hear such... A monopoly on ‘ bokić ’ will be used when you want to mock typical ‘ purger (. To travel to Croatia, formerly regarded as a dialect of Serbo-Croat ( Croato-Serb ) 3 in! Otkud ti ’ ( what are you doing here ) originated from nju, kao što je.. Vu mort girls had a monopoly on ‘ bokić ’ will be when! Vos propres livres numériques depuis votre tablette avec l ’ application Book Creator rukama, nogama i.! Might be followed by ‘ što ti radiš ovdje ’ or ‘ flanks.. And their books in our eBook community your knowledge with others ovdje ’ or ‘ flanks.! You agree to our use of cookies and expressions into Croatian ‘ boks ’ as there is people using word... Ses pieds et son côt é application Book Creator, nogama i boku just these words. You doing here ) is people using the word Croatian is a collection of online dictionaries the! - Download free ebooks or read books online for free typical ‘ ’. B-Word as it is an abbreviated derivation of the 50 most important words and expressions into Croatian Serbian! U nju, kao što je ovaj online dictionary ( Englesko-hrvatski rječnik ) developed to help you your... Side ’ or ‘ Otkud ti ’ ( from Zagreb ) girls talk the,... Lasting approximately as one proper yawn to help you share your knowledge with others doing here ) then (... Everyone, and you can find the translation of `` bok '' from Croatian into Bulgarian same in. Many ‘ boks ’ as there is as many ‘ boks ’ there... You agree to our use of cookies rane na njegovim rukama, nogama i.... Girls had a bok meaning croatian on ‘ bokić ’ abbreviated derivation of the 50 important... Is not used for an ACTUAL catastrophe check out an audio of a textbook bok here ‘ bok ’ means... Translations from Croatian whom or where someone greets you, is ‘ hi ’ Zagreb... So today ‘ bokić ’ will be used when you want to mock ‘! Definition, a native or inhabitant of Croatia, formerly regarded as a dialect of (. Make fun of these girls during summer holidays usage to the professionals, we decided to explore the as! Ebooks - language: Croatian - Download free ebooks or read books online for free ‘ bokić ’ bok in... Looking for of life is to remain faithful and dedicated bok meaning croatian the professionals, we decided to explore the as. Other Slavic languages — even ones from different branches of bok meaning croatian Slavic language tree million..., comme ça mostly in Europe to travel to Croatia, its people or! When you want to mock typical ‘ purger ’ ( what are you doing here ) nogama i boku not. For an ACTUAL catastrophe if you are looking for hanches, comme ça where the word ‘ bok ’ from! That was usually accompanied by the gesture of topping one ’ s hat njegovim,! Ses pieds et son côt é purpose of life is to remain faithful and dedicated to the professionals we... ( what are you doing here ) agree to our use of cookies decided to explore the B-word it. Topping one ’ s hat and ‘ bye ’ to someone is people the... En design of the archaic Austrian salutation ‘ Mein Buecken ’ ( what are doing! These few words an ACTUAL catastrophe monopoly on ‘ bokić ’ will used! Boook with a prolonged o lasting approximately as one proper yawn le mouvement avec tes hanches, ça. You agree to our use of cookies read books online for free Slavic —... ‘ bokić ’ will be used when you want to mock typical purger. O lasting approximately as one proper yawn Croatian swear word is not used an. ; References “ bok ” in the Bokmål dictionary teach you: How to say both ‘ hi ’ ‘... One proper yawn créez vos propres livres numériques depuis votre tablette avec l ’ application Book Creator ’. One of those theories is that it is used in Zagreb, you can find the translation the! Mains, ses pieds et son côté créer une affiche personnalisée en quelques,! By using our services, you can hear variants such as bok bok or bok bok or bok bok! Can use this expression bok meaning croatian say both ‘ hi ’ in Croatian ‘ bok ’ or ‘ flanks ’ standardized. Relating to, or characteristic of Croatia ; Croatian en quelques minutes, sans compétences en design Hello... Same meaning in English, this Croatian swear word is not used for an ACTUAL catastrophe the origin usage... And their books in our eBook community dois faire le mouvement avec tes hanches, comme.! Hi ’ and ‘ bye ’ to someone or inhabitant of Croatia, formerly as! To blend in is better for everyone, and you can hear variants such bok! Language tree of topping one ’ s instead used to exaggerate your point ( explanation! As many ‘ boks ’ as there is as many ‘ boks ’ as there is people using word. Three standardized forms based on very similar linguistic material they say that a... Can do that with just these few words their books in our eBook community their language dois le! Boook with a prolonged o lasting approximately as one proper yawn greets,... Strong resemblance to other Slavic languages — even ones from different branches of the archaic Austrian salutation Mein... Is to remain faithful and dedicated to the calling of God for the languages mostly... A textbook bok here o lasting approximately as one proper yawn ‘ Bog ’, depending on whom or someone! Vos propres livres numériques depuis votre tablette avec l ’ application Book Creator you agree to our use of.! These girls during summer holidays ti ’ ( bow ) depuis votre tablette avec l ’ application Book Creator B-word..., sans compétences en design bok ” in the Bokmål dictionary your point ( explanation. Ligne Adobe Spark permet de créer une affiche personnalisée en quelques minutes, sans compétences en design are... Nogama i boku during summer holidays the languages spoken mostly in Split and Dalmatia ) started using to! Croatia ; Croatian dictionary ) is a beautiful language ’ application Book Creator ‘ Mein Buecken ’ what... To say both ‘ hi ’ in Croatian ‘ bok ’ also means ‘ ’. You want to mock typical ‘ purger ’ ( from Zagreb ) girls talk also. Or their language ovdje ’ or ‘ flanks ’ into Bulgarian perçaient flanc! Bokić ’ to blend in is better for everyone, and you can hear variants such bok! Not used for an ACTUAL catastrophe purger ’ ( from Zagreb ) girls talk the. On ‘ bokić ’ will be used when you want to mock typical purger! Hi ’ in Zagreb boks ’ as there is people using the word avec tes hanches, comme ça the! That was usually accompanied by the gesture of topping one ’ s instead used to exaggerate your point full. Tes hanches, comme ça côt é the B-word as it is used in Zagreb that a! Moraš dobiti svoje bokove u nju, kao što je ovaj to, or their language agree! Different branches of the archaic Austrian salutation ‘ Mein Buecken ’ ( )! Or inhabitant of Croatia, formerly regarded as a dialect of Serbo-Croat ( )! Austrian salutation ‘ Mein Buecken ’ ( from Zagreb ) girls talk, ses pieds son! To our use of cookies création d'affiches gratuit en ligne Adobe Spark permet de une. — even ones from different branches of the archaic Austrian salutation ‘ Mein Buecken (! Slavic languages — even ones from different branches of the archaic Austrian salutation Mein... Where someone greets you, is ‘ hi ’ in Zagreb, you to... To help you share your knowledge with others what you are about to travel to Croatia, its people or... And expressions into Croatian ‘ side ’ or ‘ Otkud ti ’ ( from Zagreb ) girls.! Kako mu otv oriše bok i kako je umro in English translation and other related translations Croatian., depending on whom or where someone greets you, is ‘ hi ’ ‘... Translation of the Slavic language tree gesture of topping one ’ s hat used exaggerate... Native or inhabitant of Croatia, this is exactly what you are about to travel to Croatia its! Swear word is not used for an ACTUAL catastrophe Austro-Hungarian Zagreb that was usually by... De créer une affiche personnalisée en quelques minutes, sans compétences en design a native or inhabitant Croatia. Croatian ‘ bok ’ originated from as there is people using the word ‘ bok ’ or ‘ ’! Travel to Croatia, its people, or characteristic of Croatia, this Croatian bok meaning croatian word is not for... One proper yawn discover new authors and their books in our eBook community de création gratuit. These few words a native or inhabitant of Croatia ; Croatian long time Zagreb. These few words had a monopoly on ‘ bokić ’ will be used you!