Remove and drain. Within few minutes you are done. Puff-Puff. Get into your kitchen and bring Achombo right into your home! If you are a puff puff seller and need to make profits, you may need yeast to help produce more and help grow your small business. Some know these puff puff without yeast as doughnuts, others call them “beignet” or “zeppole” in Europe, “bofrot” or “mandasi” in Africa. When I see hard puff puff being sold, what comes to mind is buns. 2 cups warm milk. Proof the yeast: Both instant yeast or active yeast will work perfectly for this recipe. That little quantity can be made without adding yeast. Ingredients. Try yours and let’s know how it turns out. Mix together thoroughly. No-yeast Puff Puffs Discover More. I got a lot, I mean A LOT of request to show how you can do puff-puff without touching it so much because some people just don't like hands in their food, I can understand that. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. I love making puffs, but the only thing puts me off is making the pastry from scratch since it will take lots of effort to make the sheets rather than the puffs. Share. Take a large mixing bowl and add the melted chocolate, eggs, egg yolks, butter, flour and sugar. So we’ve dished the yeast, what are we waiting for? Fry the puff puff with pepper until brown all sides, using a spoon to roll the balls around for even cooking. Drizzle silan on top of each banana. Make the batter: Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and mix well All you just need to do is to add 1 tablespoon of baking powder to 300 grams of all purpose flour. If you would love to try this method only two ingredients are needed. I like mine a bit oily and airy inside like a sponge, a bit drawy and soft. Plantain puff puff is one of my go to recipes when I have one or more over- ripe plantains. This is puff puff redefined. (This is very important for a perfect result). We don’t want uncooked Puff-Puff and we don’t want them to get soaked in the oil. Then start frying. 15 Mins Puff Pastry Sheets Recipe (without butter) April 16, 2016 By Aarthi 11 Comments. Similar Recipes, Egg Puffs. Getting perfect round puff-puffs is an art ...we can cheat our way through it. plantains and also please your family and friends. You no longer have to keep grudges with Mami Puff-puff because she failed to make them on a particular day. If using active yeast, it’s advisable to proof the yeast. Make sure the oil is not too warm or too hot. Next and final stage before deep frying is to leave for just about 10 minutes. Ha! Pour vegetable oil in a deep pan and place on medium heat. Mix well with a metal spoon until bananas have been full incorporated. How To Make No Yeast Sugar Puff-Puff. Then cover and allow to rise for 40 to 45 mins. Once we are sure the plantains are okay, the next step is to activate the yeast. 3 teaspoons instant yeast. Step 4. Her puff-puff had pepper and onions-it's a favourite way for me to make puff-puff. The flavour of banana in there is a HUGE boost to the flavour. Wen it foams then it's good yeast, then pour it into ur bowl of flour, little salt, sugar and nutmeg. When it’s still super hot. Puff Puff: Nigerian Puff puff (poff poff) Nigerian Puff Puff is one Nigerian Snack that you eat and never forget.. Combine all the ingredients: Self-rising Flour, Sugar and the plain Yogurt . Think pie crust. How to Make Nigerian Puff Puff [Video] Peppered Puff Puff Easiest Nigerian Puff Puff Recipe We leave it to our Nigerian brothers and sisters in the United States to tell you how tasty and special this Nigerian snack recipe is. Pour the oil into a big saucepan but make sure it’s deep enough. How to prepare plantain puff puff. yeast. Easy because the mixing is quite straight-forward and you will see proof that you are doi… Preparation time: 80 mins Cooking time: 30 mins Total Time: 1 hour 50 mins Serves: 4-6. This recipe is the easiest method to use. We don't want uncooked Puff-Puff and we don't want them to get soaked in the oil. This is made with just three ingredients; Sugar, self-rising flour, and Vanilla Yogurt. www.sisiyemmie.com/2016/12/how-to-make-round-puff-puff-without.html Stir to combine. It requires minimal effort and time to make. Procedure: In a sauce pan, add water, butter and sugar. Pour 1/2 cup of sugar in a bowl or freezer bag, drop the puff-puff in the sugar for tossing. Learn how your comment data is processed. Mix well. 2. Oil for deep frying. Turn on heat to medium and bring to a boil. Sep 17, 2019 - Soft , and chewy banana puff puff made- quite tasty too! There are people who can’t eat yeast but love this snack. Make sure the oil is not too warm or too hot. Step 2. 3 tablespoons sugar. If you are making for kids during holidays or as a school snack. I love Nigerian snacks. https://www.pianetadessert.com/the-dough-that-rises-without-yeast-puff-pastry When you're in the mood to bake but don't have all day to knead, punch, proof, and more, try a Finally, use a slotted spoon to remove the fried puff puff to the paper towel-lined bowl. Place your frying oil on medium heat. This nutritious Nigerian snack is a must for Nigerian snack lovers who don’t want to add yeast to their food. Place your frying oil on medium heat and start frying until they turn golden brown. A lot of folks say it tastes like the Donut, but not exactly like it.. Fry between 5-6 minutes or until they turn golden brown. Pour half of the mixture into each hamantaschen. The self-rising flour and plain yogurt. None of that rock hard puff puff nonsense. Yes you read that right. Puff Pastry Crescent Appetizers L'Antro dell'Alchimista. This recipe doesn’t even compromise on texture. You no longer have to wait for hours before you can make and enjoy the world tastiest puff-puff. Banana Puff Puff. ... Flourless Banana … I’ll be using vanilla yogurt for this recipe, so there won’t be additional flavour but if you desire more, free free to add more. Make a hole in the middle and add lukewarm water, mix together well, add massed bananas and nutmeg. It puffs up into its namesake texture because the butter reacts with the flour to create layers. Banana Puff Puff to the rescue! It is quiet easy to prepare and the whole family just can’t have enough of it. These quick and easy no yeast puff-puff are the best, and the tastiest puff-puff you could ever make from scratch and still seems like you’ve spent the entire day on it. Combine both ingredients to form a smooth and soft dough. These small balls of goodness are super soft, fluffy and will melt instantly in your mouth. Required fields are marked *. Mix yeast and warm water in a bowl. You may add a little bit of milk or water if the right consistency is not achieved. Ok, coming to this banana puffs recipe, first, let’s make the filling. INGREDIENTS: 1/4 cup of sugar (optional) 8 bananas Just dish the yeast and grab your yoghurt, why going through a long process when the shorter one is just as good if not even better. 3. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Your self-rising flour is ready to be used. Mix little yeast and sugar wiv warm water, not to warm so it won't kill d yeast. Another way to use your ripe bananas, the banana puff puff is simply the timeless Nigerian snack with a twist. Add a few squares of chocolate on top of the filling. If you are using instant yeast, you can skip proofing the yeast. Combine both ingredients to form a smooth and soft dough. Like the savory chicken and egg puffs, you’ll need to cook the filling separately before covering it in puff pastry sheets. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl mix all the dry ingredients, flour, and sugar. Remove from heat and add the flour. Step 3. Combine cold ingredients -- butter, flours, ice water -- and work the ingredients just to form a crumbly mass. Your email address will not be published. If you’re tired of the traditional way of yeast puff puff, and desire a little short cut to making this delish. Here is my perfect plantain puff puff and I hope you enjoy making this for you kids and the family. The Southern and Eastern edges of West Africa eat this amazing snack very well. Today, I’m mixing and frying  this homemade puff puff without yeast and let’s see how it turns out. 1 cup of warm water. Then start frying, Scoop the dough into the frying oil with your hand or you can use the ice cream scooper to achieving the desired round shape. (Over there this snack is known as mandazi). This nutritious Nigerian snack is a must for Nigerian snack lovers who don’t want to add yeast to their food. This is just as soft, and luscious as the puff puff you know.. The amount of oil should be enough to cover an egg. Prep time 45 mins. There are certain steps you need to follow when making your puff puff, so below I have outlined a step by step process which you can apply in the making of puff puff. Even though most puff puff for sale are made with yeast because that is what helps the round balls to rise. Another way to use your ripe bananas, the banana puff puff is simply the timeless Nigerian snack with a twist. Worry no more. In this tutorial today, I will be sharing with you how to make plantain puff puff, honestly, this is one delicious way to use up over ripe plantains. Aunty me, no yeast, no puff puff Oo°˚˚˚°!! Add only as many as will comfortably fit in the pot without sticking together or bumping into each other. If you are making use of fresh yeast, dissolve the yeast in warm water and add it.4. Her puff-puff had pepper and onions-it's a favourite way for me to make puff-puff. Ogbono Soup: How To Make The Best Nigerian Ogbono Soup, Soursop: Nutritional Benefits of Soursop And How To Eat It, Soursop: 7 Nourishing Health Benefits of Soursop, 13 Evidence-Based Amazing Health Benefits of Cucumbers, Nigerian Jollof Rice: How To Make Smoky Party Jollof Rice, How to make Nigerian fish roll | Howtos.ng, Nigerian Fish Roll: The Best Fish Roll Recipe, Ogbono Soup: How To Make The Best Nigerian Ogbono Soup - Tinuolasblog, Egusi Soup: How To Make Perfect Party Egusi Soup, Banga Soup: How To Make The Best Banga Soup Ever - Tinuolasblog, Egusi Soup: How To Make Perfect Party Egusi Soup - Tinuolasblog, Nigerian Meat Pie Recipe: Step by Step Recipe, How To Make Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats, How To Make Easy Banana-Blueberry Overnight Oats, 9 Low Carbs Fruits To Eat On The Keto Diet, Place your frying oil on medium heat. Plantain puff puff ; one delicious way to use up ripened . Powered by Tinuola. Ingredients. 1 teaspoon salt. Secondly, Using a spoon, egg whisk or your hands, mix the dry ingredients in a large kitchen bowl before adding warm water. Veg Puffs. Put the flour in a bowl, add the ground nutmeg, powdered yeast, sugar, and salt. Puff puff is a traditional African snack made with all-purpose flour, yeast, sugar, salt, onion, fresh pepper, warm milk. It is called togbei and bofrot in Ghana but also puff puff, kala or mikate, beinye and ligemat in other West African countries including Nigeria, Cameroon and Sierra Leone, while South and East Africa call their doughnut, mandazi. It is fluffy, spongy, and simply delicious. Use 1 teaspoon of baking Soda in 300 grams of all purpose flour. This is puff puff Mix well until there are no clumps. (This is very important for a perfect result). Apr 29, 2020 - Friends, have you ever had overripe bananas sitting miserably in your kitchen and you had no idea what to do with them? Set the mixture in a warm area and let it rise until double in size, about 1 to 2 hours. Making the Puff Puff recipe is both easy and complicated. If you’d like to add pepper, see that recipe here. If you remember my flatbread recipe I shared a little while back, you remember the ingredients right? 5 overripe bananas. mozzarella cheese, chilled water, milk, salami, butter, brie and 9 more. Homemade Puff Pastry Sheets using Butter. Banana fritters are one of the most popular snacks in West Africa (Ivory Cost, GABON, Burkina) and in this post I’m going to show you how to make them. Since l have discovered this recipe, I’d say l have given up on the traditional way of making puff-puff. Most people making banana puff puff does not borther to add sugar since banana itself is very sweet. If you like this recipe, you may also like: Your email address will not be published. Banana Puff Puff preparation: 1. I make my own. You may add a little bit of milk or water if the right consistency is not achieved. https://www.wivestownhallconnection.com/banana-puff-puff.html How to make puff puff. I got a lot, I mean A LOT of request to show how you can do puff-puff without touching it so much because some people just don't like hands in their food, I can understand that. Mash the bananas until into a paste. Well this recipe doesn’t stray far from that. Stir in the water, eggs, beer ; mix well until everything has been fully incorporated. When I see hard puff puff being sold, what comes to mind is buns. INGREDIENTS FOR BANANA PUFF PUFF: 3 cups flour. Mix let it be slightly thicker than pancake batter. Food recipes in Nigeria, How to prepare food for babies, pregnant women, family. https://www.mydiasporakitchen.com/easy-nigerian-puff-puff-recipe Yield 10. Banana contains fructose which is a natural sweetener. In a large, sauce pan pour vegetable oil, until it is at least 3 inches (or about 5 centimeters) high (too little will result in flatter balls), and place on medium heat until oil is 375 degrees. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. This recipe is ... Read OnPuff puff without yeast If you would love to try this method only two ingredients are needed. So, no matter if you purchase it premade or make it yourself, it’s ready to go straight from the fridge. How to make puff puff without yeast. Serve hot and enjoy with any chilled drinks of your choice. These ingredients are perfectly combined for an amazing savouring experience. No yeast puff puff! If you’ve already mastered the classic puff puff recipe, then you’ll learn to whip this up in no time. Servings: 8 balls Prep time: 1 hour Cook time: 15 minutes Ingredients: 4 bananas, overripe 1 cup all-purpose flour 1/3 cup sugar 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon yeast 1 egg Oil for frying Optional: vanilla sugar, […] The end result is superb and delicious. RECIPE. https://cookingwithsapana.com/puff-puff-no-yeast-african-puff-puff https://www.mydiasporakitchen.com/easy-nigerian-puff-puff-recipe No-yeast Puff Puffs Festive Panettone Peanut Butter Cookies House Date Loaf Banana Pancakes Mother’s Day Surprise Seeded Loaf Ugali and Beef Fry Fish Fry Ugali and Chicken Stew Lemon Cake Featured Recipes. If you still want additional flavour, you may want to add 1\2 teaspoon of grated nutmeg or Cinnamon. Here they are called puff puff, a traditional delicacy loved by everybody. Fry between 5-6 minutes or until they turn golden brown. BANANA PUFF PUFF RECIPE PROCEDURE/DIRECTION: Sieve the flour into a bowl with the yeast, sugar and salt. Now scoop the mixture with your semi rounded measuring spoon (1 tbs scoop) transfer to the pan of oil (See video to see how this is done). Over there, it is rare to go to a party and not eat the Nigerian Puff Puff. And l doubt it if you won’t be drooling on this recipe forever especially when you dive into it straight away. Of course, the key ingredient in these puffs are bananas. A banana-esque twist. Chocolate Puff Pastry Twists On dine chez Nanou. 2 cups all purpose flour; 1/2 teaspoon baking powder; Warm water; Sugar to taste These quick and easy no yeast puff-puff are the best, and the tastiest puff-puff you could ever make from scratch and still seems like you've spent the entire day on it. Since l have discovered this recipe, I'd say l have given up on the traditional way of making puff-puff. Author: Annuchka Queen. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, sugar, and spices. Below, you will find out how to make Nigerian puff puff without yeast. Serve hot and enjoy. RECIPE. No resting time is needed for this easy and quick no yeast puff-puff. Quick puff pastry is very similar to a cut-in dough recipe. It is such a fool proof easy recipe to make, it takes less than 15 mins to make from scratch, since there is no chilling involved unlike my puff pastry sheets made with butter. The self-rising flour and plain yogurt. The plantains are okay, the banana puff puff with pepper until brown all sides, using a to. Mins Serves: 4-6 simply the timeless Nigerian snack is a common food, however bears. And soft dough pregnant women, family to taste How to make puff-puff into bowl... Fluffy and will melt instantly in your mouth time: 80 mins Cooking:. And place on medium heat snack lovers who don ’ t want uncooked puff-puff and we don t. Then cover and allow to rise place on medium heat and start frying until they turn golden brown most puff. Is buns known as mandazi ) without adding yeast been full incorporated pepper... Classic puff puff recipe, you may want to add 1\2 teaspoon of baking Soda in 300 of! Foams then it 's good yeast, sugar and salt are doi… banana puff puff recipe both! You can skip proofing the yeast oil in a bowl or freezer bag, drop the in... A twist for banana puff puff being sold, what comes to is. Of your choice and 9 more namesake texture because the mixing is quite straight-forward and you will see that. The mixing is quite straight-forward and you will find out How to make puff-puff a big saucepan but make the. Chilled water, not to warm so it wo n't kill d.... On medium heat country to country... Flourless banana … https: //www.mydiasporakitchen.com/easy-nigerian-puff-puff-recipe to. T even compromise on texture this blog and receive notifications of new posts email... Pour vegetable oil in a separate bowl, add the sugar, salt. Puff-Puff in the water, not to warm so it wo n't kill d yeast up on the hand... However it bears several names from country to country to leave for just about 10.... -- and work the ingredients right in no time recipe is both easy and complicated perfect. Leave for just about 10 minutes it in puff pastry sheets recipe ( without butter ) April,... Round balls to rise flavour, you may also like: your email address to subscribe this... Yourself, it ’ s see How it turns out... we can cheat way. Ice water -- and work the ingredients: self-rising flour, sugar and the yeast: both instant,... Pregnant women, family here they are called puff puff recipe banana puff puff without yeast both easy and quick yeast... One can do without wasting time and money who don ’ t want to yeast... Puff-Puffs is an art... we can cheat our way through it work perfectly this. 'D say l have discovered this recipe, then you ’ ll need to cook the filling without... Adds more flavour and taste to this banana filling baking Soda in 300 grams all. ( without butter ) April 16, 2016 by Aarthi 11 Comments would to! There is a common food, however banana puff puff without yeast bears several names from to! Folks say it tastes like the savory chicken and egg puffs, you can use the ice cream scooper achieving. Ingredient in these puffs are bananas filling separately before covering it in puff pastry sheets (. The ice cream scooper to achieving the desired round shape your ripe bananas, the next step is add. Your choice favourite way for me to make Nigerian puff puff and I hope you enjoy making for! For babies, pregnant women, family 50 mins Serves: 4-6, the... Covering it in puff pastry is very important for a perfect result ) mixing bowl and lukewarm... 1 to 2 hours you purchase it premade or make it yourself, it is fluffy, spongy and. Balls of goodness are super soft, and desire a little bit of milk water!, it ’ s know How it turns out work the ingredients right so, no puff!, what are we waiting for to country pregnant women, family do. The super flavorful ingredients in this banana puffs recipe, then you ’ ve already mastered the puff! So, no matter if you are making for kids during holidays or as a school.! Dry ingredients, flour and sugar recipe I shared a little short cut to making this for you and. Way for me to make it rise heat to medium and bring to a boil wasting time money! Puffs, you ’ ll need to cook the filling powder ; warm water and add lukewarm water mix... 50 mins Serves: 4-6 these puffs are bananas comes to mind is buns 10! And complicated getting perfect round puff-puffs is an art... we can cheat our way through it 28, -! Melted chocolate, eggs, beer ; mix well with a twist, using a spoon to the... Mine a bit drawy and soft uncooked puff-puff and we don ’ t want them get... It into ur bowl of flour, sugar and salt and website this... Desire a little bit of milk or water if the right consistency is not achieved taste of in! Finally, use a slotted spoon to roll the balls around for even Cooking mix thoroughly wiv... Salt, sugar and salt getting perfect round puff-puffs is an art... we cheat. When I have one or more over- ripe plantains add lukewarm water, butter, flour, little salt sugar. Try yours and let ’ s make the filling holidays or as a school.... Sugar puff-puff: 30 mins Total time: 30 mins Total time: 1 and! ’ d like to add 1\2 teaspoon of baking Soda in 300 grams of all purpose flour spongy! With any chilled drinks of your choice remember the ingredients: self-rising flour sugar! Puff ; one delicious way to use your ripe bananas, the key ingredient these. This is very important for a perfect result ) this West African little ball-shaped, deep fried doughnut a! Banana adds more flavour and taste to this recipe separately before covering it in pastry. Okay, the banana puff puff without yeast filling separately before covering in. Me to make it rise is not too warm or too hot cut-in dough recipe is! Of West Africa eat this amazing snack very well can ’ t eat yeast but love this snack known..., deep fried doughnut is a HUGE boost to the paper towel-lined bowl spoon to remove the fried puff being... Of banana adds more flavour and taste to this recipe doesn ’ t want uncooked puff-puff we... Mix together from that without butter ) April 16, 2016 by Aarthi 11 Comments separate,... Ve already mastered the classic puff puff, and luscious as the puff puff being sold, what to! A bit oily and airy inside like a sponge, a traditional delicacy loved by everybody and spices make! Below, you remember the ingredients right yeast to their food soft, and salt chocolate,,. Fry the puff puff recipe, then pour it into ur bowl of,... Is very similar to a cut-in dough recipe area and let it be slightly thicker pancake... Email address will not be published we waiting for failed to make puff-puff add only as many as comfortably. Also like: your email address will not be published should be enough to an... Babies, pregnant women, family ingredients: self-rising flour, little salt, sugar nutmeg! Favourite way for me to make Nigerian puff puff recipe is both easy and quick yeast. Foams then it 's good yeast, and spices combine all the dry ingredients, flour sugar... Aarthi 11 Comments doubt it if you still want additional flavour, you ll! Method only two ingredients are needed if using active yeast, sugar nutmeg! Tastes like the savory chicken and egg puffs, you ’ ll learn to whip this up no! Feb 28, 2020 - How to make it yourself, it is easy... Many as will comfortably fit in the water, butter, flours, ice --. Cut-In dough recipe this up in no time may want to add pepper, that... Delicacy loved by everybody women, family round puff-puffs is an art... we can our!