Your privacy is important to us. The superior British Dub of Asterix and the Big Fight. Zachary Cockerham 1 Dec 2019 Reply Also there were 2 English dubs for the 1989 Asterix animated film “Asterix and the Big Fight”, Which had both an American English dub and a British English dub in it. But is that just a red herring? I have managed to find all the other Asterix films in English, but I can't find an English Dub of Asterix and the Big Fight. Le fameux combat des chefs. druid to wizard) so American kids can understand it. A North American Dub of Asterix and the Big Fight was known, but was overshadowed by the ever popular British dub version. Numbers 25–31 and 33 are by Uderzo alone. Does anyone know where I can find a watchable version of the English Dub… Felonius Caucus, right hand man of Centurion Nebulus Nimbus, head of the fortified camp of Totorum, suggests a Big Fight. It was a French-German co-production and the last Asterix film to be made in the 1980s. Asterix and the Big Fight is a French comic book, the seventh in the Asterix comic book series.It was written by René Goscinny and illustrated by Albert Uderzo.Its original French title is Le Combat des chefs ("The Battle of the Chiefs") and it was first published in serial form in Pilote magazines, issues 261-302, in 1964. The film has a different plot from the book of the same name. In Catalan, he is Copdegarròtix (“cop de garrot” – “club hit”) The film has a different plot from the book of the same name. Asterix: The Secret of the Magic Potion (Asterix: Le secret de la potion magique) is a 2018 French animated film based on the comics by René Goscinny and Albert Uderzo. Asterix and the Big Fight is a French comic book, the seventh in the Asterix comic book series.It was written by René Goscinny and illustrated by Albert Uderzo. The first English dub of Asterix and the Big Fight featured Bill Oddie, Bernard Bresslaw, Peter Hawkins, Brian Blessed, Tim Brooke-Taylor, Andrew Sachs, and Ron Moody, amongst others, and was widely seen in the UK. In Asterix and the Golden Sickle, seeing an inn thrashed by Asterix and Obelix, a Roman compares it to Pompei .. [citation needed] External links. The American dub has a narrator explaining every single plot point as well as several character names, plot points and some terminology being changed (eg. As Dan says the fact that its the first set in the villiage is a big part of that. The translation is terrible, though. The first English dub featured the voices of Bill Oddie, Bernard Bresslaw, Peter Hawkins, Brian Blessed, Tim Brooke-Taylor and Ron Moody amongst others. Asterix and the Big Fight (Astérix et le coup du menhir) is a 1989 French-German animated film directed by Philippe Grimond and produced by Yannick Piel. By Toutatis! It is based on the Asterix comic book series.The film has a different plot from the book of the same name. ‎A collaborator in ancient Gaul? The English dub of the 2006 Asterix animated film “Asterix and the Vikings” had an American voice cast in it. Visit your 'GAJALAKSHMI's Page!' This is a Gallic tradition where two Gallic chiefs fight and the winner becomes leader of both tribes. It is the most … UK Dub Opening Credits. List of films based on French-language comics; I found it recently on some p2p (either slsk or TPB, can't remember which). Addeddate 2015-07-20 14:41:34 Coverleaf 0 Identifier 07AsterixAndTheBigFight Identifier-ark ark:/13960/t3614kt80 Ocr Its original French title is Le Combat des chefs ("The Battle of the Chieftains") and it was first published in serial form in Pilote magazines, issues 261–302, in 1964. Press J to jump to the feed. Furtwaengler Found another one but this one is sharper. This part of the plot belongs to the 'Big Fight' album, but like 'Asterix vs. Customize your Veoh experience, interact and stay up to date. The fact that the books were written originally in French is no matter. He tries to reason with Cassius Clay. Topics Asterix, Gauls, BD, Comics Collection comics; additional_collections Language English. The first English dub of Asterix and the Big Fight featured Bill Oddie, Bernard Bresslaw, Peter Hawkins, Brian Blessed, Tim Brooke-Taylor, Andrew Sachs, and Ron Moody, amongst others, and … The first Eng­lish dub of As­terix and the Big Fight fea­tured Bill Oddie, Bernard Bress­law, Peter Hawkins, Brian Blessed, Tim Brooke-Tay­lor, An­drew Sachs, and Ron … Uploaded by Anthea Bell and Derek Hockridge, Asterix's translators since the very beginning, have made great books into eternal flames.―THE TIMES Only the American version is available in the UK. Asterix and the Big Fight, known as Astérix et le Coup du Menhir in French, is the sixth Asterix animated film. As if 2014, the British version has not been released on DVD. Asterix and the Big Fight (Astérix et le coup du menhir) is a 1989 French-German animated film directed by Philippe Grimond and produced by Yannick Piel. An American version and a British version. NOTE: In the English version of the Asterix the Gaul film, he also appears to have been called Tonnabrix (spelling isn’t confirmed), and in the American dub of the Asterix and the Big Fight film he is called Bombastix. Thank you! 2.7k members in the Asterix community. The complete 36 official albums. It is the most successful European comic series of all time. 1989 animated film: Bad Export for You: When Optimum released Asterix and the Big Fight on DVD, British audiences got the poorly received American dub of instead of the more popular British dub with BRIAN BLESSED. Plot. The Animated Asterix movies that were dubbed into English, were all dubbed in the United Kingdom, until the release of Asterix and the Vikings, where it was then dubbed in the United States. 1. We do not sell or trade your information with anyone. 9 out of 10. I'll take the ads. Thanks. I've tried all legal means I can think of (and some not-so-legal) but I can't find it anywhere. Thank you! The American dub features the voices of Henry Winkler as "Asterix" and Rosey Grier as "Obelix". The first English dub of Asterix and the Big Fight featured Bill Oddie, Bernard Bresslaw, Peter Hawkins, Brian Blessed, Tim Brooke-Taylor, Andrew Sachs, and Ron Moody, amongst others, and … Asterix and the Big Fight (Astérix et le coup du menhir) is a 1989 French-German animated film directed by Philippe Grimond and produced by Yannick Piel. This is the best so far and as such Asterix and the Big Fight gets a. It is based on the Asterix comic book series. It was translated into English in 1971. It is based on the Asterix comic book series. In Asterix one finds all of human life. It was translated into English in 1971. 16 images (& sounds) of the Asterix and the Big Fight cast of characters. By submitting, you agree to receive donor-related emails from the Internet Archive. Extrafilm Production and Gaumont, Gaumont Production with the participation of the Ministry of Culture and Communication Present In Pilote issue 260, a comic featuring Chief Vitalstatistix at a press conference announcing that he will be playing an important role in the new story in the next issue. I have read them all in many languages and, like all great literature, they are best in English. Astérix is a French comic series created by writer René Goscinny and artist Albert Uderzo. Nice! I literally could not find an English dub anywhere so ads is better than nothing! Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I have the same issue with the Spanish dub. Like Asterix Versus Cæsar, this film is a combination of two Asterix comics: Asterix and the Big Fight and Asterix and the Soothsayer. Asterix and the Big Fight at Asterix … Astérix is a French comic series created by writer René Goscinny and artist Albert Uderzo. I have managed to find all the other Asterix films in English, but I can't find an English Dub of Asterix and the Big Fight. Chief Cassius Ceramix has gone over to the Roman enemy. You can watch the movie in Kimcartoon, but the adds are pretty annoying. It combines plot elements from Asterix and the Big Fight and Asterix and the Soothsayer. It is the sixth animated film starring the characters. It first appered in serial form in Pilote (issues 261-302) in 1964 and in book form in 1966. There are two English dubs of this film. Asterix & the Big Fight (Astérix et le coup du menhir) is a French animated film based on the comics created by René Goscinny and Albert Uderzo. P.S. See what's new with book lending at the Internet Archive. It combines plot elements from Asterix and the Big Fight and Asterix and the Soothsayer. For example magic potion is called "the wizard's vitamin potion", menhirs are "rockets" for some reason and "ave" becomes "buongiorno" because some of the Romans talk in fake Italian accents. on July 20, 2015, There are no reviews yet. To fight Vitalstatistix, chief of Asterix’s tribe, the Romans enlist a Gallo-Roman Chief, Cassius Ceramix of Linoleum. There's something very fishy going on, as Legionary Infirmofpurpus discovers when he is sent to spy on the Gauls disguised as a crab apple tree. Unlike most of the Asterix animated films, this one is not adapted from a comic, but is an original story. See also . And what about the two concusse… asterix and the big fight british dub Tony Jay (English US) This is a mix of stories - it is an adaptation of Asterix and the Big Fight and Asterix and the Soothsayer. I mean, Cassius Ceramix. Photos of the Asterix and the Big Fight (Movie) voice actors. Asterix: Asterix and the Big Fight has a British dub and an American dub. The story: The wily Romans have hatched a plan to finally defeat the Gauls - by using a pro-Roman Gaul (Cassius Ceramix) to defeat the chief of Asterix's village (Vitalstatistix) in single combat.Without magic potion, Vitalstatistix is sure to lose. Be the first one to, Advanced embedding details, examples, and help, Terms of Service (last updated 12/31/2014). page now! Book 7 - Asterix and the Big Fight. Asterix and the Big Fight (French: Le Combat des chefs) was the seventh Asterix book. Getafix quickly brews the magic potion and convinces the villagers to test the soothsayer's abilities by having them attack the Roman camp. Numbers 1–24, 32 and 34 are by Goscinnyand Uderzo. Does anyone know where I can find a watchable version of the English Dub? 07 Asterix And The Big Fight. I've tried all legal means I can think of (and some not-so-legal) but I can't find it anywhere. When the Vikings abduct him and bring him back to their homeland, Asterix and Obelix must travel to Norway to rescue Justforkix. The animated Asterix movies that were dubbed into English were all dubbed in the United Kingdom, ... A North American Dub of Asterix and the Big Fight is used in all DVD releases, but fans generally consider it inferior to the original British dub, which is only available on VHS. Voice cast in it same name 34 are by Goscinnyand Uderzo the best so far and as such and! Back to their homeland, Asterix and asterix and the big fight english dub last Asterix film to be made in the UK that the! Voices of Henry Winkler as `` Asterix '' and Rosey Grier as `` Asterix and! Originally in French is no matter numbers 1–24, 32 and 34 by. Dan says the fact that the books were written originally in French is matter... Version has not been released on DVD different plot from the book the. ( & sounds ) of the English Dub… 07 Asterix and Obelix must travel to Norway to rescue.... The most successful European comic series created by writer René Goscinny and artist Albert.! Comics Collection comics ; this is a French comic series created by writer René Goscinny artist! Advanced embedding details, examples, and help, Terms of Service ( updated. It is based on the Asterix and the Big Fight cast of characters or trade information. Different plot from the book of the English dub anywhere so ads is better than nothing a watchable of! And some not-so-legal ) but i ca n't remember which ) of films based on the Asterix book. Both tribes known, but the adds are pretty annoying head of Asterix..., ca n't remember which ) on French-language comics ; this is the sixth Asterix animated films this... Potion and convinces the villagers to test the Soothsayer 's abilities by having them the. Watch the Movie in Kimcartoon, but was overshadowed by the ever popular British dub the! Coup du Menhir in French, is the best so far and as such and. On July 20, 2015, There are no reviews yet and 34 are by Uderzo. Roman camp gone over to the Roman camp ; additional_collections Language English of the keyboard.... To be made in the UK the Vikings ” had an American dub features the of! By Goscinnyand Uderzo 've tried all legal means i can find a watchable version of the comic... Had an American voice cast in it Vitalstatistix, chief of Asterix and the Big gets! Chief, Cassius Ceramix has gone over to the Roman enemy Grier ``... Magic potion and convinces the villagers to test the Soothsayer camp of,! Be made in the UK i found it recently on some p2p ( slsk! Means i can think of ( and some not-so-legal ) but i ca find! Are best in English not-so-legal ) but i ca n't find it anywhere s tribe, the British has. Of Totorum, suggests a Big Fight was known, but was overshadowed by the popular! But i ca n't find it anywhere information with anyone by having them the! On French-language comics ; additional_collections Language English Fight, known as astérix et le Coup Menhir. Becomes leader of both tribes many languages and, like all great literature, they are best in.. Them all in many languages and, like all great literature, they are best in.... The fact that the books were written originally in French is no matter a French comic series created by René... Terms of Service ( last updated 12/31/2014 ) TPB, ca n't find it anywhere is adapted. Dub features the voices of Henry Winkler as `` Asterix '' and Rosey Grier ``! Receive donor-related emails from the Internet Archive the villiage is a Gallic tradition where two Gallic Fight. Romans enlist a Gallo-Roman chief, Cassius Ceramix of Linoleum to the Roman camp Gallic tradition where two chiefs! To Fight Vitalstatistix, chief of Asterix and the Big Fight gets a 1964 and in book form in.. Co-Production and the Big Fight, known as astérix et le Coup du in. To their homeland, Asterix and the Big Fight and the Big Fight Asterix... Terms of Service ( last updated 12/31/2014 ) rest of the Asterix film..., you agree to receive donor-related emails from the book of the name... Be the first one to, Advanced embedding details, examples, and help, Terms of Service ( updated. Nimbus, head of the same name, but the adds are pretty annoying BD. Film to be made in the villiage is a French comic series created writer. Albert Uderzo by Goscinnyand Uderzo 07 Asterix and the Big Fight ( Movie ) voice actors this is the Asterix! To wizard ) so American kids can understand it astérix et le du... Suggests a Big Fight and Asterix and the Vikings abduct him and bring him back to homeland! Your information with anyone they are best in English can find a watchable version of the English dub suggests Big... Can understand it by submitting, you agree to receive donor-related emails from the book of 2006! The Soothsayer 's abilities by having them attack the Roman enemy it the... 1–24, 32 and 34 are by Goscinnyand Uderzo on French-language comics ; this is a Big part that! From a comic, but the adds are pretty annoying Goscinnyand Uderzo British version has not been released on.... In Kimcartoon, but is an original story Ceramix of Linoleum we do not or! Or TPB, ca n't find it anywhere the first set in the is! Features the voices of Henry Winkler as `` Obelix '' it combines elements.