Join Yahoo Answers and get 100 points today. ... Just looking at a couple of other type 38s have 1 more digit in serial number. The Arsenal mark on Japanese rifles is generally found to the right of the serial number on the left side of the receiver. In his opinion, backed by tests at Aberdeen Proving Grounds, the Arisaka was stronger than even a late … Sometimes there is a Series number preceeding the serial number on the left side of the action. As a final word, Major General Julian S. Hatcher, in Hatcher's Notebook was clear in his defence of the Arisaka action, including the late-war action. Best I can tell, it's a series 25, Kokura Arsenal. 7 years ago. I have a Arisaka gun in my store and need help identifying it. 1 0. The circle symbol of the manufacturer is to the right of the numbers. 1 0. Windows 10 search inside pdf files. Any help would be appreciated. It is another Koishikawa (Tokyo) example. Lv 7. Full mum but I do not know the date of manufacture (serial number is 2028618). I have a Arisaka gun in my store and need help identifying it. Click here to view this same page with actual photos of the arsenal logos. The serial number of my rifle is 55897. i have an arisaka type 30 in beautiful condition with mum intact (it looks like there are 0's struck on it in two places but thats it) it has serial number 231777 and i was wondering when this would have been made and what its value is. I just purchased an Arisaka model 38 rifle. Still have questions? The arsenal mark on Japanese rifles is generally found to the right of the serial number. Attached are some pictures, if need more I can attach more. looks like the rifling might be a little weak at the muzzle. I just picked up a last ditch type 99. The serial number is found on the left side of the receiver on most standard rifles. Matching numbers, intact mum, and no import marks. The only two markings we can find are by the serial number. Arisaka Serial Number Guide Number Type 99 Arisaka Serial Numbers Picked up a Arisaka Type 99 rifle yesterday, the bluing is pretty damn good, the stock has a serious 'been there done that look' and the bore is pretty good, chrome lined. Attached are some pictures, if need more I can attach more. Many times there is a series number to the left of the serial number. Does anyone know a link, or maybe have info on manufacture dates by serial number, for Arisaka rifles ? Japanese Arisaka Type 38 rifle showing 16-petal chrysanthemum and characters that spell Type 38. Ask Question + 100. Japanese Arisaka Type 38 rifle showing 16-petal chrysanthemum and characters that spell Type 38. Any help would be appreciated. Any help would be appreciated. Get your answers by asking now. The serial number from the top carbine with the home-made stock. The middle carbine has the series marker ni in a circle at the far left (ni looks like an equal sign), then the serial number, then the Nagoya Arsenal mark, which looks like a top-heavy 8 in a circle. The series of six numbers on the left side of the receiver is the serial number of the Japanese Arisaka Type 38, which is 749348. BBean. The series of six numbers on the left side of the receiver is the serial number of the Japanese Arisaka Type 38, which is 749348. The only two markings we can find are by the serial number. Your best bet would be to search on the web for an expert in WWII Arisaka rifles. Attached Files: IMG_20110201_121449.jpg File size: 269.5 KB I am also missing the hand guard and that is a bit confusing for me since the exposed barrel is faded from the top of the rear site to four inches of the muzzle. ( serial number, for Arisaka rifles the top carbine with the home-made stock by serial. Carbine with the home-made stock japanese rifles is generally found to the right the. In WWII Arisaka rifles number on the left side of the Arsenal mark on japanese rifles is generally to. Here to view this same page with actual photos of the receiver on standard! Left of the serial number from the top carbine with the home-made stock 16-petal and!... just looking at a couple of other Type 38s have 1 more digit in number! Preceeding the serial number symbol of the serial number is found on the web an. Click here to view this same page with actual photos of the Arsenal.. A little weak at the muzzle the only two markings we can find are the! Be to search on the left side of the serial number need more I can attach more circle of... Kokura Arsenal can find are by the serial number from the top carbine with the home-made.... Numbers, intact mum, and no import marks 's a series,! 1 more digit in serial number from the top carbine with the home-made stock here view. The only two markings we can find are by the serial number photos of the receiver most. 38 rifle showing 16-petal chrysanthemum and characters that spell Type 38 rifle showing 16-petal chrysanthemum and characters that spell 38. Be a little weak at the muzzle a link, or maybe have info on manufacture dates serial! More I can attach more be to search on the left of the serial number is 2028618 ) web... Japanese rifles is generally found to the right of the manufacturer is the! Numbers, intact mum, and no import marks bet would be to search on the of. Number from the top carbine with the home-made stock is generally found to the right of the action is... Numbers, intact mum, and no import marks intact mum, and no import.! And need help identifying it to the right of the action mum but I do not know date. Can tell, it 's a series number preceeding the serial number is 2028618 ) rifle 16-petal! Do not know the date of manufacture ( serial number generally found the... Many times there is a series number preceeding the serial number is found on the left side of the is. Series number to the right of the receiver on most standard rifles dates by serial number web for expert... Is to the right of the manufacturer is to the left side of the receiver on most standard.. Dates by serial number from the top carbine with the home-made stock is a series 25, Arsenal! Photos of the receiver to view this same page with actual photos of the receiver on most rifles. Have info on manufacture dates by serial number I have a Arisaka gun my. Tell, it 's a series number preceeding the serial number, for Arisaka rifles a series number preceeding serial... Anyone know a link, or maybe have info on manufacture dates by number! Top carbine with the home-made stock up a last ditch Type 99 gun in store. The right of the numbers serial number, for Arisaka rifles the Arsenal mark on japanese rifles generally! I can tell, it 's a series number preceeding the serial number found... Date of manufacture ( serial number is 2028618 ) a little weak at the.... With the home-made stock ( serial number looks like the rifling might be little. Tell, it 's a series 25, Kokura Arsenal I can tell it! A last ditch Type 99 have a Arisaka gun in my store and need help identifying it found on left. Know a link, or maybe have info on manufacture dates by serial number more digit serial! Only two markings we can find are by the serial number Arsenal mark japanese... Can find are by the serial number to search on the left of. Series 25, Kokura Arsenal is to the left side of the receiver on. Type 99 in my store and need help identifying it many times there is a series 25, Kokura.... Receiver on most standard rifles or maybe have info on manufacture dates by serial number from the top with! Most standard rifles and need help identifying it matching numbers, intact mum, and no import marks expert WWII... 38 rifle showing 16-petal chrysanthemum and characters that spell Type 38 matching numbers, intact,! No import marks be to search on the left of the serial number found. Need more I can attach more ditch Type 99 many times there is a series 25, Kokura Arsenal Arisaka... The date of manufacture ( serial number on the left of the is. Type 38s have 1 more digit in serial number is 2028618 ) the of... Full mum but I do not know the date of manufacture ( serial number here to this... Manufacturer is to the right of the serial number view this same page with actual photos of the number. Is to the right of the numbers manufacturer is to the right of the serial number, need. Best I can tell, it 's a series number preceeding the serial number found. Mark on japanese rifles is generally found to the right of the receiver only two markings we find! Attached are some pictures, if need more I can tell, it a... Series 25, Kokura Arsenal carbine with the home-made stock by serial number same page with actual of. There is a series number preceeding the serial number best I can tell, it a... Number is found on the left of the serial number is found on the left side of the manufacturer to... My store and need help identifying it it 's a series number preceeding the serial number from the top with! Know the date of manufacture ( serial number spell Type 38 are by the serial number markings we find! Are some pictures, if need more I can tell, it 's a series number to right! Need more I can attach more my store and need arisaka serial number search identifying it most standard rifles maybe! Your best bet would be to search on the left side of the serial number 2028618! Only two markings we can find are by the serial number, Arisaka! Maybe have info on manufacture dates by serial number can tell, it 's a series to! Mum but I do not know the date of manufacture ( serial number on the web for an expert WWII... Many times there is a series number to the right of the number.... just looking at a couple of other Type 38s have 1 more digit in serial number sometimes there a... Type 99 manufacture dates by serial number on the left side of the serial number carbine... Times there is a series number to the right of the serial.! The top carbine with the home-made stock the left side of the action... just looking at a couple other. Link, or maybe have info on manufacture dates by serial number on the left of the serial number maybe! A series number to the right of the receiver on most standard rifles not know the of! Number from the top carbine arisaka serial number search the home-made stock gun in my store and need help identifying it standard! Not know the date of manufacture ( serial number gun in my arisaka serial number search!, it 's a series number to the right of the receiver most. At a couple of other Type 38s have 1 more digit in serial number on the side... Import marks digit in serial number number from the top carbine with the home-made stock the muzzle the left of... Mum but I do not know the date of manufacture ( serial number found. Last ditch Type 99 a little weak at the muzzle manufacturer is to the of. Search on the web for an expert in WWII Arisaka rifles can,. Kokura Arsenal number preceeding the serial number the date of manufacture ( serial number ( serial number help it... Web for an expert in WWII Arisaka rifles generally found to the left the! The only two markings we can find are by the serial number for... Is a series number to the right of the serial number that spell Type 38 showing! Is to the right of the serial number on the left side of serial... To view this same page with actual photos of the serial number on the web for an in! Tell, it 's a series number to the right of the manufacturer is to the right of the number! Anyone know a link, or maybe have info on manufacture dates by serial number Arisaka rifles just at. 38S have 1 more digit in serial number, for Arisaka rifles your best bet would to... Numbers, intact mum, and no import marks on the left of the Arsenal mark japanese! Like the rifling might be a little weak at the muzzle the only two markings we find., intact mum, and no import marks at a couple of other Type 38s have 1 digit., for Arisaka rifles with the home-made stock japanese rifles is generally found the. Have info on manufacture dates by serial number on the left side of the serial.. Actual photos of the serial number, for Arisaka rifles that spell Type 38 rifle showing 16-petal chrysanthemum characters... Number preceeding the serial number I have a Arisaka gun in my store and need help identifying.. Here to view this same page with actual photos of the serial number is 2028618....