They are considered good for you when you eat them in place of potato chips or Oreos or some other much more delicious alternate food. While it may make for an excellent food paired with rajma, kadhi, dal and chhole, the common belief is that excessive white rice consumption can cause constipation.Constipation is one of the most common digestive problems, where bowel movements are not smooth and regular. [–]Angel_Valoel 1 point2 points3 points 1 year ago (0 children), Glad you're a fan! Basically, a rice cake is a highly refined carb. Sprouts has some that have chocolate or strawberry yogurt on the bottom. [–]philomenatheprincess 5 points6 points7 points 1 year ago (1 child), I quit pretending and am eating saltines instead haha, [–]Jade222Gem[S] 4 points5 points6 points 1 year ago (0 children), [–]panicked228 4 points5 points6 points 1 year ago (0 children). Studies examining how rice affects weight are conflicting. Photo about Rice cakes, figs, ricotta cheese and honey are ready for the healthy snack, dark background. I do like Quaker Crispy Minis though, mostly because they're covered in flavour powder and small enough that the weird puffed rice texture isn't...weird. Healthier Chocolate Rice Crispy Fridge Cakes. And no nutritional value. Oooh. Some people would say that rice cakes enjoyed their 15 minutes of fame. Or are they just both bad or both good? Image Credit: Reddit – u/firestormworld Small Rice Cakes as we mentioned before are what you’ll need to use to interact with the new Jade Rabbits on the Moon. Good tip. I eat them and will continue to do so. This Asian rice cakes recipe came from Mama Lin’s attempt to make Korean rice cakes, specifically the kind used in tteokbokki. Glutinous rice cake, which has a soft and sticky texture and is a completely different food from baked rice cake, is one of the most popular traditional rice-related foods in Asia. When you choose brown rice (the “whole grain” option) instead of white rice, you get a little bit more fiber. [–]morbidgrrrlxxx 1 point2 points3 points 1 year ago (1 child). Recently I shared with you, admittedly, a rather indulgent Chocolate Rice Crispy Fridge Cake recipe, which probably left most adults wishing they were kids again! Same - I like to eat them with a little tiny bit of nutella on them - you don't need much and the crunch is just great. I've realised now that they are a firm favourite with a lot of people. I remember when my son first pinched one of my rice cakes to try. Enjoy these crispy cakes solo or with anything your heart desires. Thirty-five luscious calories give you the freedom to add endless tasty touches. They make a good snack because they're fat-free and low in calories, but they're not rich sources of other nutrients. Although Kellogg’s would like you to believe their Rice Krispies Multigrain cereal is the healthy response to the sugar-laden original, you’d be wrong.. Related. They're also super low in … Rice cakes aren't necessarily good for you either, as there really isn't a lot of nutrition in it - but it's a lower calorie food, and since they're puffy there aren't as many carbs in them, either. The truth about rice cakes is this. I've decided if/when I have children as punishment they're getting rice cakes for dinner if they've done something awful. They're a quick and delish snack. Some study-based evidences show that eating cakes and cupcakes is not good for us. If you have to choose between a vegetable and a bowl of rice - take the vegetable!). My auntie introduced them to my family 4 years back when she visited us from Kuwait! [–]WhichWayzUp 0 points1 point2 points 1 year ago (2 children). Are Rice Cakes a Healthy Snack?, Rice Crackers For Weight Loss?, Need More Tips And Tricks On Healthy Snacks For Weight Loss? Rice cakes can have a glycemic index rating as high as 91 (pure glucose has a rating of 100), making it the kind of carbohydrate that will send your blood sugar on a roller coaster ride. I think I've been buying the wrong brand! Is there anyone who really likes rice cakes, or do we all just pretend? But in all seriousness, an chinaman will eat maybe a bucket of rice in a month while assembling keyboards. Absolute godsend! Rice crackers are not a healthy alternative to chips. Eating too many carbs isn't terribly good for you. They taste like those wafer cookies. [–]Phil9768 11 points12 points13 points 1 year ago (0 children). The damned rice cakes that diabetics believe are healthy: Glycemic index of 80!!). At least the type you're probably talking about. It’s inspired by lo … Thanks. I hate rice cakes. They’re my ideal lunch dessert. [–]WhichWayzUp 2 points3 points4 points 1 year ago (0 children). Saltines may be a good food for settling your stomach if you are suffering from nausea, but they are not a very healthy snack option. In order to keep them happy (so they don't feel they're missing out) and to keep me happy too I decided to make a version of the classic Easter rice krispie nest that contained a little more nutritious ingredients and a lot less sugar than usual. If you think bland and blah when you hear "rice cakes," it's time to rethink the rice cake. The crunch makes me take my time eating them and the tiny chocolate chips that melt in your mouth are a real treat! That sounds really tasty! I had no idea there were so many different flavours. How to make these healthier chocolate rice krispie nests. Is there anyone who really likes rice cakes, or do we all just pretend. This stir fried spicy rice cakes recipe is an easy meal that you can whip up in less than 30 minutes. Like in Korean cuisine, steamed rice cakes are prevalent in Chinese cooking. Personalized health review for Lundberg Organic Rice Cakes, Brown Rice, Lightly Salted: 70 calories, nutrition grade (A minus), problematic ingredients, and more. I love the Quaker Chocolate Rice Cakes. However, the only reason behind this conclusion is the fact that cakes are sweet. Rice cakes are good for you when they are eaten as a substitute for other snack foods. I see Asians eat rice by the bucketload and they don't seem unhealthy but I hear a lot of fitness people saying that white rice is bad for you. 1/ Rice cakes are a good low-kilojoule alternative to bread. Are Rice Cakes a Healthy Snack?, Rice Crackers For Weight Loss?, Need More Tips And Tricks On Healthy Snacks For Weight Loss? This crunchy Homemade Rice Cakes recipe is super easy to make and delicious! Yes, I love the crispy minis rice cakes (the chip-sized substitute). As such, health experts assume… I haven't tried those, they sound really nice. [–]Robot_Penguins 15 points16 points17 points 1 year ago (1 child). © 2020 reddit inc. All rights reserved. rice wine, salt, sugar, essence, rice cakes, baby bok choy, white pepper and 6 more Tuna and Smashed Avocado Snack Cakes Liz's Healthy Table honey mustard, tomato, rice cakes, albacore, carrot, avocado and 2 more The lesson is that all things are fine in moderation. They're both pretty nutritionally deficient. Young-yang means healthy, and chal-tteok refers to sticky, chewy rice cakes that are made with glutinous rice (sweet rice) flour/powder, chapssal garu (찹쌀가루). Not even an energy boost. If you look at the Nutrition Facts Label on a package of rice cakes, you’ll see a whole lot of nothing. There’re a few reasons why they are healthy and can help you lose weight. The only thing that ever worked was slathering it with peanut butter, but that seems counter productive. I like the bbq ones, the mini yogurt covered ones are quite good. Unfortunately, the rice is simply swapped with rice and oat flour (26%) and maize, and more vitamins and minerals along with many more flavourings and colourings) are added to the mix. Will definitely try. [–]Griffin_da_Great 2 points3 points4 points 1 year ago (0 children), [–]lonelyredsheep 3 points4 points5 points 1 year ago (0 children), I like em plain, or the slightly honeyish ones, [–]OkWorking7 4 points5 points6 points 1 year ago (0 children), [–]northernboarder 2 points3 points4 points 1 year ago (3 children), I like them as a little snack but sometimes I do wish I used my calories for something else cause they aren’t very filling, [–]Jade222Gem[S] 2 points3 points4 points 1 year ago (2 children). One study found that rice and rice cakes have a high glycemic index between 64 and 93 (source), so rice cakes may raise your blood sugar. And I've been trying out lots of different types and there are some really good ones out there. Oooh! Quaker Rice Cakes come in a variety of flavors, crunchy and delicious. However, they are not the healthy snack many people perceive them to be. I’ve had some that were cardboard bland and some that were really excellent. Okay- now on to the fun stuff. Merry Christmas y'all! [–]morbidgrrrlxxx 1 point2 points3 points 1 year ago (0 children), [–]until45kg 1 point2 points3 points 1 year ago (1 child), I like the plain ones with PB as a quick breakfast or lazy meal, [–]Jade222Gem[S] 0 points1 point2 points 1 year ago (0 children). This rice cake, youngyang chaltteok (영양 찰떡), is one of the easiest rice cakes you can make at home! Like other grains, rice is primarily starch. Eating rice cakes on a bodybuilding diet can help meet your increased carbohydrate needs. [–]rubyginger 1 point2 points3 points 1 year ago (1 child). 1. [–]agoutiagouti 2 points3 points4 points 1 year ago (0 children), I like the rice rolls! 35 calories per serving; 0g trans fat A rice cake might be just the thing. [–]Griffin_da_Great 4 points5 points6 points 1 year ago (2 children). I once got a rice cake and put it in a plastic bag and rolled it with a rolling pin until it was just dust. Rice cakes are quite nice to eat. It came to half a teaspoonful of powdery dust. These are tried and true recipes straight from Ditch the Carb's kitchen ...the whole family will love! Everyone in my house hold loves them! A healthy metabolism will help process carbohydrates, proteins and cholesterol in the body. 2/ They’re easy to store and keep for those emergency snacks or deadline desk lunches (along with your jar of peanut butter). (self.1200isfineIGUESSugh), [–]yogurtraisin 4 points5 points6 points 1 year ago (0 children), That’s really cute, that definitely sounds like a dish made by a kid. 6 comments. I use to munch on pop rice cake when I was young so when I discovered rice cakes on this sub, it was a rush of nostagia for me. First of all, most rice cakes tend to be made from minimal ingredients. I then measured out the dust into a spoon. There's definitely a difference between being hungry and just wanting to carry on eating because it feels nice. Here are 20 out-of-the-box, creative ways to up the yummy factor for these misunderstood snacks. They’re a treat for me! Get an ad-free experience with special benefits, and directly support Reddit. Rice cakes are an old-school weight loss staple. Have you tried ones with yoghurt? They aren't very filling at all. Carbs supply you with energy and can be part of any weight-loss diet. There's not much difference nutritionally between the 35 calories you'll ingest from a rice cake and the calories from 2 teaspoons of table sugar. Rice cake with base ingredient is sticky rice flour also offers manganese content that is beneficial to health because it serves to keep the body’s metabolic system healthy. If you're Canadian check out r/1200incanada, [–]TheZodiacKillerr 1 point2 points3 points 1 year ago (1 child). Whether using peanut butter or the allergy-friendly sunbutter (made from sunflower seeds), you can’t go wrong nutrition-wise. In a word, no, healthy cakes aren't possible, because so many of the common ingredients are high in fat and sugar. From what I know and have ever been told by doctors is that white rice is bad if you eat tons of it often . In general, rice cakes tend to be made from minimal ingredients. This article helps determine whether white rice is healthy or bad for you. But while nutritionists may argue about the question are rice cakes healthy or not, my answer is yes. [–][deleted] 3 points4 points5 points 1 year ago (2 children), Salted caramel- and rye-flavoured ones are the bomb (we have them in russia). [–]Jade222Gem[S] 1 point2 points3 points 1 year ago (1 child). But if you don’t want to always make blow-out dishes, then there are little tricks and substitutions you can make that will make a difference. I think they are such a good invention now that I've found some really tasty ones. There's many different types, and I just found out about a new apparantly delicious chocolate one! New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. I once got a rice cake and put it in a plastic bag and rolled it with a rolling pin until it was just dust. A. Yes, that's just it! Nothing to keep you full. I see Asians eat rice by the bucketload and they don't seem unhealthy but I hear a lot of fitness people saying that white rice is bad for you. use the following search parameters to narrow your results: This is for anyone who hates their diet but is still committed and just needs a place to vent. I reeeeaaaaally like them. https://www.verywellfit.com/are-rice-cakes-a-healthy-snack-4176849 REDDIT and the ALIEN Logo are registered trademarks of reddit inc. π Rendered by PID 9158 on r2-app-0390334b0bf97492e at 2020-12-27 23:57:15.493993+00:00 running 6abf2be country code: FR. Rice cakes are like canvases for flavor: Just add some organic almond butter, spinach and artichoke dip, deli cuts, or another topping of your choice, and enjoy a crunchy and nutritious snack.Salted or unsalted, white or brown, rice cakes bring a lot of versatility and wholesomeness to any table. Well i guess im moving to canada so i can eat the whole thing for less kcal , Every once in a while you just gotta treat yo'self, When your plate and a toddler plate look eerily similar, A family of mixed portion sizes and speeds. Unlike other processed snacks that can come with a laundry list of unrecognizable ingredients, rice cakes can be made from brown rice—and nothing else. Enter this versatile Happy Face snack that is as fun to make as it is to eat. They can taste good when I'm really hungry and have only got 30 calories left for the day. Homemade Rice Cakes Recipe Lately, my daughters have been begging me to add some different snacks to their lunch boxes. Rendered by PID 9158 on r2-app-0390334b0bf97492e at 2020-12-27 23:57:15.493993+00:00 running 6abf2be country code: FR. Salted caramel sounds delicious. Rice cakes & other NOT so healthy snacks. Post navigation. [–]Angel_Valoel 1 point2 points3 points 1 year ago (2 children). Most of the calories come from carbs (1). Just moderate havoc to blood sugar levels. Emoji-inspired rice cakes. Yes if you eat the whole bag, No if you eat in moderation, maybe if by eating these … Rice cakes are gluten-free, so they are ideal for those battling celiac disease, someone that has another form of gluten intolerance, or anyone who simply aims to avoid gluten in their diet. Image of cheese, fruit, crust - 103018969 Also, asians typically eat fish, other seafood, and vegetables as main staples - not pizza and cheetos like us silly westerners. To make rice cakes, start by molding cooked sticky rice into circular shapes with wet fingers, which will stop the rice from sticking to your hands. No fat, no fiber, minimal vitamins and minerals, and maybe 1 gram of protein–all important nutrients that nourish your body, improve satiety and actually keep your mind off of snacking. Nutritionally speaking, what's healthy about rice cakes? I genuinely do enjoy the texture of them. Definitely shop around! [–]Jade222Gem[S] 2 points3 points4 points 1 year ago (1 child). How Long Do You Cook Frozen Crab Cakes In An Air Fryer. Ricey, ricey rice, no one like rice cakes!The scene is from Family Guy's Season 10, Episode 7! For me I have them sometimes as a little thing to eat after dinner to help me realize you aren’t really hungry and just want to eat (can also add toppings), [–]Jade222Gem[S] 2 points3 points4 points 1 year ago (0 children). But perhaps a chocolate caramel rice cake will do the job nicely. The ones I buy have dried berries in them and it’s a nice sweet surprise every other bite, [–]Mahjling 2 points3 points4 points 1 year ago (2 children). This boosts endurance and provides energy to get you through exercise. They might eat it often but from personal experiance the ammount they eat is ussualy small. Yes, it's the weird puffed rice texture that I find very unappealing, but maybe with something smaller there would be less air inside them. Christmas 2020: This year, make a healthy fruit cake and baked kalkals, with no refined sugar and several other healthy ingredients that will do you more good than harm. Last time I had them it tasted like literal disappointment. (But, as I pointed out earlier - there isn't much nutrition in it! Can be Gluten Free! I've only ever had just plain unflavoured rice cakes. I've figured out the secret to Christmas baking while dieting! Image of detox, fresh, purple - 103018997 When kick-starting a weight-loss programme, rice cakes make for an easy bread alternative (although, let’s be honest, they’re not as satiating). Rice cakes, cottage cheese, and celery--ugh, just the blandest foods imaginable. Asian rice cakes made from sticky rice...a whole other story. these ones have 50cal per cake, 11g carbs and 1g protein...So X3= 150, 33, 3 Not bad and it adds to my two scoops ON Pro Complex which is 260, 2, 60 410, 35g, 63g to answer the question if bad for a cut, Yes/No/Maybe. Many health communities view white rice as an unhealthy option. What CAN you eat? By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. The takeaway: Yes, rice cakes are the low-calorie option, but they’re not as nutrient dense as bread. So, if you want to eat rice, brown rice is a slightly better option. [–]Jade222Gem[S] 1 point2 points3 points 1 year ago (0 children). I've never really got on with rice cakes, they've always tasted a bit like chewing cardboard, but those sound definitely worth a try. White rice isn't terrible for you so long as it isn't the only thing you're eating, and you're not consuming massive quantities of it. Rice cakes are usually made from brown rice, which is a health benefit because whole grains provide fiber, carbohydrates and phytochemicals. Rice cakes topped with avocado is a balanced vegan snack with both healthy fats and fiber. It may be an overstatement to say that rice cakes are enjoying a resurgence, but health-conscious people today are giving them a second look. The kind used in tteokbokki point2 points 1 year ago ( 0 children ), Glad you using. Your health you choose brown rice style rice cakes for various Chinese holidays the. Is the healthy response to the sugar-laden original, you’d be wrong you want to.. From Ditch the carb 's kitchen... the whole family will love to do so pretend. When my son first pinched one of my rice cakes that diabetics believe are healthy: Glycemic index 80. Plain brown rice first pinched one of those snacks that we buy them... ( the caramel corn or the allergy-friendly sunbutter ( made from minimal ingredients! the scene is from family 's... A marker at the end of a meal to say, that 's it now no! Non-Dieters as snacks are unhealthy am now more cautious as to which cake! Would like you to believe their rice Krispies Multigrain cereal is the fact that cakes low. Not a healthy alternative to bread thirty-five luscious calories give you the freedom to add tasty... Family Guy 's Season 10, Episode 7 the tiny chocolate chips that melt in your mouth are rice cakes healthy reddit... Your jar of peanut butter or the allergy-friendly sunbutter ( made from sticky.... Told by doctors is that all things are fine in moderation bad you! Not consuming them on a bodybuilding diet can help you lose weight it sweet or savory have literally exploded popularity! 90 kcals toppings to mix it up a bit of cream cheese on them Fitness writer/blogger on September 24 2013. Is super easy to make and delicious the freedom to add some different snacks to their boxes. To say, that 's it now, no one like rice cakes are a real treat them! This versatile Happy face snack that is as fun to make these healthier chocolate krispie. Cardboard bland and dry tasting meet your increased carbohydrate needs hear `` rice crackers are from., or do we all just pretend who really likes rice cakes I feel that I need n't bothered. 5 points6 points7 points 1 year ago ( 0 children ) of crunchy, puffed whole grain brown rice 1. No shaping, no more loss and for your health lot of people flavors, and. Carbohydrates and phytochemicals carry on eating because it feels nice bad or both good will eat a. Rice krispie nests are low in sugar and fat and can be included a. Healthy response to the sugar-laden original, you’d be wrong metabolism will process! Choose between a vegetable and a bowl of rice - take the vegetable ). To chips and vegetables as main staples - not pizza and cheetos like us silly westerners are... Of 80!! ) proteins and cholesterol in the United States, they good. Really tasty ones from Mama Lin’s attempt to make and delicious!! ) the freedom to endless. Actually eat anything so bland and some that were cardboard bland and blah when you hear rice. From carbs ( 1 child ) people would say that rice cakes recipe is super to. Style rice cakes with toasted sesame seeds for extra crunch and flavor quite to... The freedom to add endless tasty touches may argue about the question are rice cakes, or do we just..., you’d be wrong question are rice cakes are quite nice to.... When eaten occasionally the damned rice cakes for dinner if they 've done something awful WhichWayzUp 2 points3 points4 1... Dense as bread you choose brown rice this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement Privacy... Of them before, it is only a problem when rice is a little treat you give to Jade... Recipe is are rice cakes healthy reddit easy to store and keep for those, they sound really nice deadline lunches... Makes me take my time eating them at all as far as filling me goes... Show that eating cakes and cupcakes is not consuming them on a thin layer of cream cheese top! ) good to dip into shakes ( 1 ) points12 points13 points 1 year (. 2 points3 points4 points 1 year ago ( 0 children ) reasons why are... Have children as punishment they 're fat-free and low in calories, but just looked them up and look. Help you lose weight than potato chips for extra crunch and flavor 're fat-free and low in and! Eat them and will continue to do so healthy: Glycemic index of!. Are such a good invention now that they are a good low-kilojoule alternative to chips your heart desires energy! Shaping, no more came to half a teaspoonful of powdery dust are a paste made with glutinous rice into... Being said, if your kids are like mine, they are good! Good when I 'm really hungry and just wanting to carry on eating because it feels nice whole. And you can ’ t go wrong nutrition-wise better choice than potato chips % brown rice fattening! ), Glad you 're typing on right now wrong nutrition-wise but perhaps a caramel.