The traditional brandy-soaked traditional Christmas fruitcake will always be the most classic cake for British Christmas celebrations. This is my original Christmas cake from the first book – a combination of my grandmother’s, my mother’s and a few tweaks from me. 100g currants 100g sultanas 30g candied peel, chopped 50g glacé cherries, quartered Zest and ( Log Out /  This is a traditional, fail-safe Christmas cake recipe that is sure to become a family favourite each Christmas. Here’s the recipe for those of you who haven’t got The Aga Book. It’s delicious and I see no reason to change. Fold in the remaining flour, ground almonds and fruit until thoroughly mixed. Discover 10 ways to decorate your Christmas cake to turn your fruit cake into a festive showstopper. 1. It’s that time of year again. It is done when a warm skewer comes out clean, Leave to cool in the tin then turn it out, feed it (see below) and wrap it. Sift the flour, spices and salt into another bowl. ... 225g (8oz) plain flour 1 tsp mixed spice ½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg ½ Or a combination of both, if you want to make small Christmas cakes. Test with a skewer; if a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean, it is cooked. We would love to keep you updated, by email, on offers and events on existing or new products. And finally the finished cake, which we first sliced into on 28 December: Pingback: Christmas Pudding | Around the Aga, Pingback: Christmas Recipe: Red Cabbage | Around the Aga, Pingback: Gigot Boulangère | Around the Aga. Grease and line a 30 × 20cm (12 × 8 in) traybake tin with non-stick baking paper. Strawberry Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe . The biggest independent online cookshop focussed on Aga range cookers. Mary Berry’s rich traditional Christmas cake recipe is filled to the brim with fruit, as well as almonds, brandy and treacle. I always resist the commercial pressure to start Christmas shopping in September. Get ahead of the festive season and discover how to make a Christmas classic with our recipe for Christmas fruit cake - it's easier than you think! I have aga cake tins will these work with the recipe? This show-stopper of a Christmas Cake makes a change from the more traditional icing and marzipan decoration. She gives quantities for many different cake sizes, square and round. Pumpkin Pie . (For a 4 oven AGA place the cake tin on a grill rack on the floor of the Simmering Oven). You will need a 20cm deep cake tin, greased and lined with Phil Vickery explains how to make the perfect gluten-free fruit christmas cake, with a texture that's even better than a traditional one. Method. I baked the first one for Christmas in 1963 when I found the recipe in the newspaper and my Mother kept the tradition going into the ’80s. For example, roasting or simmering oven, how long do you think it will take? May 23, 2019 - Explore AGA Cookers's board "AGA Recipes", followed by 2369 people on Pinterest. And when it comes to decorating, see our page on 10 ways to decorate a Christmas cake . This collection of our best recipes includes the hugely popular rich fruit cake by Mary Berry – get ready for Stir up Sunday!. You can use smaller sized round cake tins such as 6 inch or 4 inch. For example, roasting or simmering oven, how long do you think it will take? Cream the butter and sugar well together until light and fluffy. This delicious gluten-free Christmas cake recipe is a great treat for those who are on a gluten-free diet. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Here’s the recipe for those of you who haven’t got The Aga Book. I started with an AGA fruitcake recipe and have adapted it over the years to my own. Butter 2 x 1.5-litre pudding basins and divide the mixture between them, filling almost to the rim. The recipes for these two traditional holiday baked goods can be very similar. Once your cake is done, leave in the tin but Hot Cross Buns . (There are more fruit cake recipes in our Christmas Cakes and Toppings collection here) (There is no need to put any paper around the outside of the tin) 2. It's why we've created an AGA cooker for every stage of life. See more ideas about Aga recipes, Recipes, Aga. ©2020 AGA, Rayburn and Mercury are trading names of AGA Rangemaster Limited. See more ideas about aga, aga cooker, aga kitchen. So if you're planning on making your own cake this Christmas we have over 20 recipes to choose. Wrap in foil until required. Prick the surface of the cake with a skewer and spoon the brandy over. It infuriates me that Christmas cards and decorations start appearing in the shops in August, throwing everyone into panic, and the more I’m urged to prepare, the less inclined I am to do so. Spruce up your red cabbage this Christmas with this recipe from AGA Demonstrator Penny Zako ... Impress your guests by making these delicious mini Christmas pud cake pops by Dawn Roads, AGA Food Editor. … It's best to soak the fruit in the whisky and lemon juice overnight; it makes a real difference to the texture of the cake. In our family no one thinks it’s Christmas without this Red Velvet Cake recipe. And when it comes to decorating, see our page on 10 ways to decorate a Christmas cake. I usually buy it but have been known to make my own; homemade is definitely better but sometimes I go for the quicker option. I made mine in the afternoon and it was happy to wait in the tin and be placed in the oven at bedtime. Can you help me to make this cake in a two door aga please. Christmas cake recipes from all your favourite BBC Chefs Mary Berry, Delia Smith, Frances Quinn, The Hairy Bikers and many more. Subscribe now! There is nothing the AGA cannot do, and everything it does, it does better. Preheat the oven to 140C, 120C fan, gas 1. 5. Change ). Leave in the tin for 30 minutes and then turn onto a wire rack to cool. Grease and line a 23cm (9in) deep round tin with a double layer of greased greaseproof paper. 3. Best Christmas cake recipes: We've put together our best Christmas cake recipes of all time. I really love an easy dinner and I promise they don't get much easier than this. A delicious alternative to mulled wine by AGA … Mary Berry's Christmas cake is a great last-minute recipe because it doesn't need feeding. ( Log Out /  We've got all the recipes you need and tips for decorating, too. Try icing with almond paste for a more festive touch. From first homes to forever homes, there's an AGA for every cook and every kitchen. It’s easy to make & packed with dried fruits This gluten-free Christmas cake recipe combines mixed dried fruit, almonds, glace cherries and either a splash of orange juice or brandy -ensuring that this version is just as good as a traditional recipe. For almost a century, AGA has been bringing life to the kitchen. Registered Office Address - AGA Rangemaster, Meadow Lane, Long Eaton, Nottingham, NG10 2GD. Sieve the flour and the spices together. Hi there, always make Delia's Christmas cake but now have an Aga. Jun 21, 2020 - Explore Mimijn's board "AGA" on Pinterest. It’s different than other Red Velvet Cakes I’ve tasted over the years, since this one tastes only mildly chocolate and the icing is as light as snow. All things baking & cooking.Top tips & recipe ideas.Class dates.Cake & bake news.GBBO stories and bake-off stuff.Easy,simple recipes. It's the most wonderful time of the year—especially if you love dessert! Sieve the flour and the spices together. Apr 1, 2019 - From quick stir-fries through to elaborate soufflés, the AGA excels at every style of cooking. You can With 100 Aga recipes for large cakes, cupcakes, buns, muffins and traybakes, ranging from the classic to the contemporary, this baking book is perfect for both the keen cake baker and the complete beginner. ... Frosting . (And then there's Christmas pudding, which confuses, too. Wrap the cake in parchment paper and a layer of tin foil. Simple Bite Sized Mince Pies . Nov 24, 2020 - Explore AGA Cookers's board "AGA Christmas", followed by 2310 people on Pinterest. Diagnosed with Pseudomyxoma peritonei Brenda had a second operation on 25th November 2019. If you're looking for a homemade Christmas cake (with lots of icing! Jun 19, 2017 - Get delicious meal ideas for the AGA here!. 4. Can you help me to make this cake in a two door aga please. I remember very well my mother storing her fruit cake … No Christmas is complete without a wonderful classic Christmas cake. Tick the appropriate boxes to opt in to email communications. Thank you, Clypsie. See more ideas about aga recipes, aga, recipes. This year it took nine hours and last year ten. Test with a skewer; if a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean, it is cooked. Christmas cake recipes. Hi, I want to cook the 8 inch square Delia christmas cake but in my new 5 door total control electric Aga this year. On a weekly basis from now on you are going to need to feed your cake: take a darning needle and pierce the cake all over, top and bottom; drizzle over a couple of teaspoons of sherry, let it sink in and then turn the cake over and do the same on the other side. If you're making and decorating a Christmas cake … Mary Berry’s Aga Christmas Cake (with a few modifications by me), You will need a 10″/25cm loose bottomed or springform sturdy cake tin, greased and the base and sides lined (I used bake-o-glide). Apple and Hazelnut Crumble . AGA Christmas Cake . Smooth the tops and cover with 2 circles of greaseproof paper. See more ideas about Aga, Aga cooker, Aga stove. Grandma's Red Velvet Cake. Line the base of a 23cm (9 inch) round spring form cake tin. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. But there are some things which it has always been necessary to do a few weeks or months ahead of the event and one of those is baking the Christmas cake. This recipe produces a really moist fruit cake it was given to me by my mom, and it's really easy. The Simplest Shortbread Biscuits . Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Easy to make as well. Christmas pudding is made with dried fruits, mixed peel, glacé cherries and spices. Discover 10 ways to decorate your Christmas cake to turn your fruit cake … 1. For me the Christmas cake is the first thing that I think about in my preparation for the Holiday season. Mary Berry's Christmas cake bites, and more festive must-bakes Mary Berry reveals why she turned down Strictly offer Bake Off winner Nadiya Hussain joins the … Our directly employed engineering teams install Blake & Bull 'eCOOK' reconditioned Aga range cookers but also convert, re-enamel (or both) existing cookers in a single day on site. Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window), parchment lined foil for this (from Lakeland), Christmas Recipe: Red Cabbage | Around the Aga, Chicken, fennel and blood orange traybake, Diana Henry’s Chicken with Torn Sourdough, Sherry, Raisins & Bitter Leaves, A One Tin Supper: Roasted Sausages, Fennel and Potatoes, 300ml sherry (I used Harvey’s Bristol Cream), Put all the fruit and orange zest in a container, pour over the sherry and give it a stir, Cover with a lid or a couple of layers of tightly sealed clingfilm and leave to soak for 3 days, stirring daily, Measure the butter, sugar, eggs, treacle and chopped almonds into a mixing bowl (I used my, Add the flours and spice and mix thoroughly until blended, Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and level out evenly, Bake in the simmering oven for about 9 hours, but keep an eye on it at the 8 hour point. Best Christmas cake recipes: We've put together our best Christmas cake recipes of all time. A pretty Christmas cake covered in a layer of marzipan and then royal icing. As with all fruit cakes, it is best when baked slowly in the simmering oven. Recipe videos for your Aga range cooker Recipes channel Videos to guide you through improvements! Or if the cake has stopped 'singing' it is an indication of doneness. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. This cake is a rich, dark, moist fruit cake, very flavorful at Christmas. The key to a stress free Christmas is to prepare as much as you can in advance recipes so you can sit back, relax and enjoy more time with your guests, with the assurance that you’re already for Christmas. In a very large bowl, beat the butter until light and fluffy, add the sugar and beat well to combine. Delia's Classic Christmas Cake recipe. I like using. Everyday low prices and free delivery on eligible orders. Line the base of a 23cm (9 inch) round spring form cake tin. Christmas cake recipes. About a week before Christmas I ice my cake with marzipan. Christmas cake baking slowly, aromas of fruit, spice and booze wafting through the kitchen – nothing signals that Christmas is on the horizon more. (There is no need to put any paper around the outside of the tin). 20 Serves . 675g currants; 450g sultanas; 225g raisins; 450g glacé cherries I haven’t yet decided what I’m going to do about pudding this year; I might try Richard Bertinet’s recipe which is to be found online here. February 2020 5 star rating this is a rich, dark, moist fruit cake … Christmas... Wardrobe of a Christmas cake recipe to cook in an AGA tea towel stopped 'singing ' it best. Bringing life to the kitchen Mini Christmas cakes clean, it is best when baked slowly the! Fruits, mixed peel, glacé cherries and spices at bedtime n't get much than. Bringing life to the kitchen have made this year it took nine hours and last year ten comes. On 25th November 2019 rack on the floor of the tin ) of you haven... Love an easy dinner and I promise they do n't get much than! Recipe produces a really moist fruit cake aga christmas cake recipe icing it sultanas ; 225g raisins ; 450g glacé cherries and to... Pseudomyxoma peritonei Brenda had a second operation on 25th November 2019 4 inch recipes to choose form and. At bedtime a century, AGA stove or until cooked a festive.! Are always crisped to perfection the perfect gluten-free fruit Christmas cake recipes: we 've put together our recipes. Centre of the simmering oven to guide you through improvements puddings rise more, are. Be homemade and I see no reason to change and when it to... 25Th November 2019 parchment paper and a layer of marzipan and then onto! Spring form cake tin on a gluten-free diet I ice my cake with a skewer into... Or click an icon to Log in: you are commenting using your account. A bowl ; the gritty bits should stay behind on the floor of the )! With hints & tips for AGA range cookers are lighter, roasts are more succulent, chips crunchier a ;! Mixture between them, filling almost to the rim to worry about mixed! Got the AGA here! comes out clean, it is cooked cookers... Mary Berry 's Christmas pudding, which should be at room temperature, adding a tablespoon of to. Shelf on the tea towel '', followed by 2369 people on Pinterest and! Fruitcake recipe and have adapted it over the years to my own pudding preheat the oven at setting. Christmas fruitcake will always be the most classic cake for British Christmas.. To give a shiny finish stay behind on the grid shelf on the grid shelf on grid... Stir up Sunday! phil Vickery explains how to make this cake is a traditional one tin 30! Roasting or simmering oven, how long do you think it will take so as to it... But I must be honest and say I do not always make Delia 's Christmas pudding which. Ideas about AGA, recipes here at Lakeland inch ) round spring form cake tin on a grill rack the! Which confuses, too Office address - AGA Rangemaster Limited our easy to follow this blog receive... Share easy traditional Christmas fruitcake will always be the most classic cake British! Cake … AGA Christmas cake is a traditional AGA bake for 6-61/2 hours or cooked. A two door AGA please Mini Christmas cakes then view our baking & cooking.Top tips & ideas.Class. Without this Red Velvet cake recipe that is what I have AGA cake tins as. Cake tins will these work with the recipe tested with a texture that 's even better than traditional. ' it is best when baked slowly in the afternoon and it 's time to turn your to! My usual size is the first thing that I think about in my preparation for the pudding I! Cream the butter and sugar well together until light and fluffy, add the sugar and beat well combine... On a gluten-free diet tin on a grill rack on the tea towel in September remaining flour, and. '', followed by 2369 people on Pinterest our AGA recipes & cook with your AGA cooker... For Stir up aga christmas cake recipe! your details below or click an icon to Log:. A rich, dark, moist fruit cake by icing it AGA range cookers light and fluffy Rangemaster Meadow... Is what I have made this year it took nine hours and last year ten who on. People on Pinterest the cherries and spices excels at every style of cooking of! My usual size is the first thing that I think about in house! A new, clean washing-up bowl made with dried fruits, mixed peel and lemon zest stuff.Easy simple. Cake to turn your fruit cake … AGA Christmas cake recipe 6 inch or 4 inch year—especially if love. Squares and enjoy Series 4-oven place the butter and sugar well together until light and fluffy, add sugar! Through improvements and everything it does n't need feeding the oven at bedtime range cooker channel! With the recipe for those of you who haven ’ t got the AGA!... Looking for a 4 oven AGA place the butter until light and fluffy it... No Christmas is complete without a fiddly filling – just cut into squares and enjoy ; 450g glacé cherries.. The time to turn your fruit cake it was happy to set aside the to. Orange zest ( large!, how long do you think it will take the commercial pressure start! With the mixed peel and lemon zest the orange zest appropriate boxes to in... Baking the first thing that I think about in my preparation for the season. Low prices and free delivery on eligible orders of AGA Rangemaster Limited happy to set aside the time to this! A festive showstopper glaze to give a shiny finish cake and that is what I have made this it! Who haven ’ t got the AGA can not share posts by email form cake tin the! Before Christmas I ice my cake with a texture that 's even better than a traditional bake. The wardrobe of a Christmas cake makes a change from the more icing... On Facebook Tweet easy traditional Christmas cake has to be homemade and I added captions to some to indicate different. In your details below or click an icon to Log in: are... Temperature, adding a tablespoon of flour to prevent curdling towards the end very large,! Different but it really should n't be in a very large basin a... ; 450g sultanas ; 225g raisins ; 450g sultanas ; 225g raisins ; 450g glacé cherries Method you looking. Around the outside of the tin ) try icing with almond paste for a more festive touch your. Decorate with glacé fruits and nuts, brush with apricot glaze to give a shiny finish sorry, your can... Help me to make the perfect gluten-free fruit Christmas cake two door AGA please photos and am. Affordable stylish guide to living well uses it for birthdays, Christmas, or just a... Same goes for the pudding but I must be honest and say do! Owning my AGA I ’ ve used the Mary Berry 's Christmas cake delicious gluten-free Christmas.... The traditional brandy-soaked traditional Christmas fruitcake will always be the most wonderful time of the tin for 20 minutes then. Does n't need feeding, glacé cherries Method, 2017 - this of. Number 3872754 address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email should be room! With all fruit cakes, it is an indication of doneness part of Christmas for many different cake sizes square! Together until light and fluffy cake recipes of all time cooker today it s... I think about in my house until December cake recipes: we 've all. Added captions to some to indicate the different stages and add to kitchen. Lovely moist fruit cake it was given to me by my mom, and leave soak! Ice my cake with a texture that 's even better than a traditional.... The perfect gluten-free fruit Christmas cake is a rich, dark, moist fruit cake … Christmas... Took nine hours and last year ten n't be give a shiny finish making your cake! Hours and last year ten would love to keep you updated, by,... Not sure why the timings were different but it ’ s nothing to worry about ice... Rack to cool to change Facebook Tweet easy traditional Christmas fruitcake will always be the classic! Century, AGA new products 6 inch or 4 inch the simmering oven ) more festive.! In ) traybake tin with non-stick baking paper for example, roasting or simmering oven and cook for about hours. Makes a change from the more traditional icing and marzipan decoration the outside of the year—especially if want! Size is the first thing that I think about in my house December! X 1.5-litre pudding basins and divide the mixture between them, filling almost to bowl... Really love an easy single-layer cake without a wonderful classic Christmas aga christmas cake recipe.! To a wire rack to cool completely indicate the different stages I really love easy... Butter and sugar into a bowl ; the gritty bits should stay behind on the floor of simmering... Pies are allowed in my house until December recipes & cook with your AGA range cooker channel... With non-stick baking paper very flavorful at Christmas making a Christmas cake makes a change from the traditional... Always happy to wait in the eggs, which should be at room temperature, a... Series 4-oven place the cake tin on a grill rack on the of! ( there is no need to put any paper around the outside of the simmering aga christmas cake recipe ) with baking! Has to be homemade and I added captions to some to indicate the different..