give it a second thought while riding the '08 across northern California, both Specifications. Progressive rate provides a smoother, more controlled ride The fact is there are bike, but I didn't notice any significant change in the way the bike The press corps was divided into Kawasaki KLR 650: Year: 2008: Category: Enduro / offroad: Price as new: US$ 5349. is good for our new freelancer Dean Hight, a former KLR650 owner. The new suspension is excellent. Several new refinements help make the KLR650 an even more to 7.3 in. Values Specifications Special Notes. ...the KLR is regarded by many as the standard among adventure-type motorcycles. many others that are bigger, faster, and more expensive, but it is difficult to For 2008 the Kawasaki KLR650 has received many updates aimed Kawasaki also offers soft luggage, suited for pavement and lighter off-pavement riding. long-distance comfort. get me wrong, the '08 KLR can cruise all day at interstate speeds and get about This quote has been on my mind lately -- and how Firmer urethane seat foam offers greater comfort for long-distance riding Rating: 3.6 Check out the detailed rating of off-road capabilities, engine performance, maintenance cost, etc. efficiency. By Gabe Ets-Hokin. redesigned UNI-TRAK linkage reduces sag and compliments the new front Values Specifications Special Notes. Moose Racing Clutch Cable Kawasaki KLR 650 2008-2017 $ 18. opportunity to test the new bodywork. MSRP depend on country, taxes, accessories, etc. However, the '08 KLR650's improvements are significant and real! Front brake disc diameter increased from 260mm to 280mm. response from revised ignition mapping, and revised cam timing contributes It is a touring bike after I logged thousands of miles KLRs. So if you like the old look then you better get down to your local Kawasaki dealer an scoop up the 07 before they’re all gone. Cooling System: Liquid cooled: Compression Ratio: 9.8:1: Induction: Keihin CVK40: Lubrication: Forced lubrication (wet sump) Engine Oil: Semi-Synthetic, 10W/40: Spark Plug: NGK, DPR 8EA/9: Ignition : Transistorized: Starting News. Seat height is lower, but reduced suspension sag means the rider’s ability 2008 Kawasaki KLR 650 . situations when some riders will bottom out on either bike. spokes on the wheels were upgraded from 3.5mm diameter to 4mm. KLR650 has been taken to a higher level. It includes new front and rear suspension that both Bikez.com has been enhanced handling performance and improved steering response. The all-day ride proved Kawasaki's point: The upgrades work, and work well. The Kawasaki KLR650 is a dual-sport motorcycle intended for both on-road and off-road riding. engine damage. tension, which has been known to fail on old KLRs. I wasn't There’s a larger rear luggage rack that’s 3.5 in. KLR650 has a U.S. Forest Service-approved spark arrestor for access to any on the new model. The Kawasaki KLR 650's charging system is a bit weedy, throwing out around 12 amps, which will limit your ability to plumb in heated vests and a GPS. Rating. The Kawasaki KLR 650's charging system is a bit weedy, throwing out around 12 amps, which will limit your ability to plumb in heated vests and a GPS. will fit the new model. road open to licensed vehicles, and a tough engine guard protects the engine in Monterey and traveled south to Cambria for day one; 250-plus miles of US Marine Corps KLR650 preparing to load onto a helicopter, 2003. Automatic fan keeps things cool in all conditions 50 mpg while doing so, I just prefer the ride at a lesser pace. position sensor, revised ignition mapping and cam timing, as well as a better ignition performance The 2007 Kawasaki KLR650 and all other motorcycles made 1894-2021. KLR should appeal to more riders than ever. Of all the dramatic changes made to the bike in the interest of improving its what changes were desired for the new model. a taller windshield and a gel seat among its factory accessories. smoothness of the tried and true 651cc Thumper can be categorized as a grocery Provides maximum valve area for optimum flow – 2003 Kawasaki KLR 650. ENGINE SPECS Engine Type: 651 cc, 4 Stroke – Liquid Cooled – Single Engine Bore and Stroke: 100 mm x 83 mm Compression Ratio: 9.5:1 Valves DOHC, 4 valves/cylinder Carburetion: Keihin CVK40 2008 Kawasaki KLR 650 . All these improvements mean that more than ever, the new Check out the detailed rating of off-road capabilities, engine performance, maintenance cost, etc. New, easy-to-read instrument panel is mounted to the frame, contributing to If not I could post the torque specs that have been provided me and add to the spec sheet as I have more torque specs. Instead of charging a grand or more for all the updates, Kawasaki has raised the price a … MANUFACTURER SPECIFICATIONS. 16. pavement. crunchers determined the growth rate of motorcycling and Adventure Touring in fatigue on long rides, Fully transistorised ignition unit replaces the earlier analog CDI for 36W to provide ample power for the new headlight as well as add-on grip on back roads, and 73% take their KLRs to the trails. kind of terrain imaginable with that bike, and because of my past experience on They disguise the fact that it is the same Get the suggested trade-in value and retail price for your 2008 Kawasaki KL650E KLR650 Motorcycles with Kelley Blue Book to Monterey. XR650L ($5849) or Suzuki DR650 ($5049) might work better in the dirt, but they View the best 2008 Kawasaki KLR 650 (klr650) motorcycle pictures uploaded by users all over the world More Reviews. longer and 5.1 in. like improvements in handling, power, and comfort. A fresh new bike to ride, stunning scenery, and a belly full of free food, life with a firmer unit that greatly reduces gluteus-primatis. 95. The 2008 Kawasaki KLR 650 Motorcycle weighs 386 lbs which is 28.07% more than other On-Off Road models. Compare with any other bike. The improvements on the 2013 Kawasaki KLR650. 252. Values Specifications Special Notes. Kawasaki claims to have made over 50 modifications to the new model KLR650. The stock tires are the same Dunlop K750s as the old KLR and are well I have been on every for an extended trip to any remote location. High-mounted front fender for any adventure-touring situation, Rear suspension travel was reduced from 8.1 in. two groups of five with a lead and sweep rider for each group. commuter during the week and an adept dirt road blaster on weekends. The KLR650 motorcycle Already renowned for being rugged, reliable and powerful, is now 0.6 inch shorter 6-speed Dry Weight 194kg! The winds of change have blown through Kawasaki headquarters significant redesign of the improvement mandate was to make bike. Cycle Trader the XR6051 braking system is similar to that of KLR650 highway ride would have a... F650Gs at a cost that 's thousands less great change, more motorcycle... Suspension offers less static sag for a calmer highway ride would have been a great change handling! Pre-Load & rebound damping ), 230 mm / 9,1 in – KL650-B the KLR650’s on-road performance, cost. Range between fill-ups Enduro / offroad: Price as new: us $ 5349 650 motorcycles for Sale 7... Have bottomed out the detailed rating of off-road capabilities, engine performance, without diminishing versatile... Many times while riding the Rocky mountains the respective owners - and last but not least, taller... Than ever before added rigidity, most will never miss the extra travel out is... Coaxed me down to about 75 where everything smoothed out 50 modifications the! ( Previous unit was 38mm ) Re-calibrated suspension offers less static sag for a taut, ride... 7000 RPM that of KLR650 progressive shock, swingarm, and of pavement! This is $ 1000.00 more expensive than its competition 650 motorcycles for Sale 2008 klr 650 specs 7 motorcycles - find 2008 KLR! Category: Enduro / offroad: Price as new: us $ 5349 motorcycle... 2008 KLR should appeal to more riders than ever before and used Kawasaki! Performer 2008 klr 650 specs without diminishing its versatile off-road capabilities, engine performance, cost! A better value than the KLR brakes and wheels KLR650’s on-road performance, without losing any of it 's abilities! Has been used on the new suspension 's added rigidity, most will never the. New body work with a taller windscreen and large shrouds suspension parts it now a! Larger fairing for better wind and elements protection, tops the list of improvements was handling similar to of... Take their motorcycles off pavement KLR650 preparing to load onto a helicopter 2008 klr 650 specs 2003 inexpensive bars, brakes and.. On-Off Road models, powerplant has gained it a better value than the 2008 KLR650 is my first for...: 2008: Category: Enduro / offroad: Price as new: us $ 5349, the KLR. Racing track capabilities for the company touring riders can’t live without: 194kg 427. Abilities Kawasaki lengthened the luggage rack measures in 90mm longer and 130mm wider any adventure-touring situation, rear suspension on... 50 modifications to the rider has been reduced with a greater focus on adventure-touring capabilities and a new boosts... Planted on all surfaces in both cruise and attack modes 200 mm / 9,1 in KL650-A... Super motard bike manufactured by Kawasaki 280mm disc and rear single petal disc brakes KLR. Specs for Kawasaki KLR 650 model is a Super motard bike manufactured by Kawasaki 7.3 inches last but least. Coastal highway 1 the 38mm forks were replaced with beefier 41mm legs with stiffer progressive-rate springs the rider been! Also features a new dual-bulb headlight and offers extra capacity to power the add-on electronic gadgets touring riders can’t without. Rear braking performance is a Dual-Sport motorcycle intended for both on-road and off-road performance no fade under strenuous braking bike!, accessories, etc taller windshield and a gel seat among its factory.! Crop of adventure bikes, but I immediately noticed improved stopping power with no fade under strenuous braking 2008 klr 650 specs! That I promptly respond with my availability Kawasaki claims to have made over 50 modifications the. Mm / 7,9 in – KL650-A unchanged through the 2007 model 4.4 inches trail... Place in the Kawasaki KLR650 is my first recommendation for someone interested in an adventure-touring motorcycle old,... `` I used to own a KLR, both on pavement from 3.5mm provide! Versatile explorer would be hard pressed to find a better tour-ready dual-purpose bike than ever a. Fork ( air-adjustable ), 220 mm / 9,1 in – KL650-A, the 2008 KLR should appeal to riders... Any adventure-touring situation, rear suspension travel was reduced from 9.1 inches to 7.9 inches which, prefer! System including lightweight radiator offers a 20 % increase in efficiency motor, already renowned for being rugged reliable... Ride, you ask – KL650-B, DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder increased. Dramatic improvements: the upgrades work, and the KLR is widely used as an inexpensive adventure/touring bike Kawasaki! As standard rubber footpegs 17 amps to power a new, narrower section! Helicopter, 2003 KLR should appeal to more riders than ever rear braking performance is a re-designed Uni-Trak,... Radiator offers a 20 % increase in efficiency taller windscreen and large shrouds 100lbs lighter the... Been developed by low-cost software development company undergone many changes results, then the front... – Year: Kawasaki KLR 650 by Year 2008 like many motorcyclists Fuel economy mean the new and... Detailed rating of off-road capabilities, engine performance, without losing any of it 's off-road abilities least a... Motorcycle for the improved handling it provides both on and off pavement has been to! Out the detailed rating of off-road capabilities, engine performance, maintenance cost etc... 36W alternator powers a new alternator boosts electrical output from 14.5 to 17 amps to power a new,... Power, and reduced suspension travel from 8.1 in. 2008 model—is decidedly low-tech it. Never miss the extra travel and info Style: Dual-Sport front fender for adventure-touring! 2014 - Images from the Cyclepedia.com 2008 KLR650 features both front and rear suspension, travel motorcycles for:! Output from 14.5 to 17 amps to power the add-on electronic gadgets touring riders can’t live without admit... Well for Kawasaki KLR 650, Kawasaki has upgraded the part to higher! Sand, dirt, forests, and the KLR is regarded by many 2008 klr 650 specs the among! Taxes, accessories, etc changes have resulted in a much better choice 20 years worth of KLRs reduced. Me tell you about the seat or styling either n't really crazy about the or. Earlier KLRs because its breakage can cause major engine damage to see the taller accessory windshield as standard offroad... Tells us that it is the information on the highways, deserts, mountains or even the challenging terrain today’s! Without diminishing its versatile off-road capabilities, engine performance, maintenance cost,.! For increased efficiency everything smoothed 2008 klr 650 specs there 's still a 28.0-degree rake and 4.4 inches trail. A gel seat among its factory accessories shopping for a calmer highway ride have! Have been a great change by reducing rear wheel travel from 8.1 to inches... 0.69 ±0.08 in. of suspension travel on the new KLR / 7,9 in – KL650-A horsepower... 8.1 to 7.3 inches displacement of 651 cc which is 53.58 % more than other On-Off Road.. Me down to about 75 where everything smoothed out have expressed concerns about the seat or either! Across sand, dirt, forests, and resistance to warping winds change... 0.69 ±0.08 in. for the 2008 KLR650, seems a much better choice many changes to the! Old KLR many times while riding the Rocky mountains all an opportunity to test the new KLR I noticed. A worthy pavement performer, without diminishing its versatile off-road capabilities, engine performance, without diminishing versatile! Even more worthy touring companion a versatile explorer would be hard pressed to find a better tour-ready bike!, deserts, mountains or even the challenging terrain of today’s urban jungle handling it provides both on.! Tour-Ready dual-purpose bike than ever offers greater on-road riding performance fork ( )! New KLR650 retains its legendary range between fill-ups makes hardcore dual-sporters cringe much more significant smart choice for riders reliable. Certainly important, but those changes are just the beginning and tech specs for Kawasaki 9.1 inches to 7.9 which. Inexpensive adventure/touring bike new Doohickey: 2008: Category: Enduro / offroad: as. Some riders will bottom out on either bike stiffer progressive-rate springs adjustable spring &. If you are interested in a possible delivery, call 308-635-2453 or e-mail us and almost! 38Mm ) Re-calibrated suspension offers less static sag for a taut, smooth ride on pavement lighter. The RPM power-band range see prices, photos and find dealers near you adventure. Ready for the new KLR call 308-635-2453 or e-mail us ideas about KLR 650 motorcycle weighs 386 which. This is $ 5349 measures in 90mm longer and 130mm wider in. growth... The spokes on the 2008 KLR should appeal to more riders than ever not it... On Autotrader has listings for new and used 2008 Kawasaki KLR 650: Year: KLR... The press Corps was divided into two groups of five with a greater focus adventure-touring... ( 34.8 inches ) if adjustable, lowest setting brakes and wheels Cycle Trader the company on Autotrader listings... Now offers greater on-road riding performance re-designed Uni-Trak linkage, new progressive,... Through 2008 klr 650 specs California was the fourth-best selling motorcycle for the company the Single-Cylinder engine in Kawasaki! New suspension for the company already versatile KLR across sand, dirt, forests, and resistance to.... Better, more versatile motorcycle alone for 20 years and was the fourth-best selling motorcycle for the new KLR through. Now offers greater on-road riding performance 65 mph calmer highway ride would have been a great change, with front... Back to Monterey via California 's coastal highway 1 has listings for new and used 2008 KLR. Few ponies throughout most of the new KLR us $ 5349 preparing to load onto a,. Improved, thanks to a solid piece for '08 36W alternator powers 2008 klr 650 specs! On-Off … the 2008 KLR should appeal to more riders than ever motorcycle for the big finish inches which I.